Formstack Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The best part of using Formstack was that we were able to make changes as needed, through our uses of the forms we would realize we needed to add a question or have the form be dynamic depending n the answers people gave. When a question came up we would have our developer go in and make the changes for us, it helped us get forms tailored for the customers we were reaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When the Formstack forms were filled out online and submitted to our emails, the format they came in was kind of hard to follow and every time we made a change to the form something in the email submitted format would change--it would get very frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Formstack makes it easy to have fillable forms for clients or patients to fill out online without having to pick up a pen! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of having people fill out our forms, we could have people fill out the form and submit it as easily as hitting "Send" instead of making them download a pdf and having to fill it out and either scan or copy it onto an email. Having an online form that simply submitted to our office was so convenient for the customer and our team! The biggest benefit is it has cut down on confusion from getting forms with missing information or sloppy handwriting. Another benefit is how much time it save our customers when filling out our forms, which in turn makes them have a more positive experience working with us! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Formstack Overview

What is Formstack?

Formstack is a versatile online form builder that enables you to build and design web forms without any coding knowledge. Embed mobile-friendly forms on your website and social media to capture leads, collect online payments, gather customer feedback, and turn bulky business processes into streamlined digital workflows. The platform integrates with over 50 popular web apps, including Salesforce, MailChimp, and PayPal. Smart conversion features make it easy to pinpoint your best strategies for capturing data. Advanced security features like HIPAA compliance are also available if you need to collect highly sensitive information. Whether you’re trying to improve the patient registration process at your healthcare facility or collect better leads for your marketing team, Formstack has the power and flexibility to help you succeed and make better business decisions. Learn more at www.formstack.com.

Formstack Details

Formstack allows you to get more responses with smarter online forms.

Formstack, LLC
2006
Fishers, IN
@Formstack

Formstack Videos

Formstack Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Formstack community
Have you used Formstack before?

Formstack Reviews

Showing 256 Formstack reviews
Already have Formstack?
Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
What do you like best?

The best feature of Formstack for us has been the ease of integration and form building. Most basic forms can be created in under 10 minutes. Adding in Workflows and other integrations supercharges the capability beyond what we'd ever accomplished. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Over the past few years Formstack has added in several more products to it's line (Documents, Sign). I think this was done by acquiring existing third-party partners but I may be wrong. This is great in one sense because it makes the overall experience much smoother. However I feel like this is still a transition period for the company and the documentation and training hasn't full caught up to these new additions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are countless forms associated with the College process, both internal (student-facing) and internal (employee-facing). Formstack has given us the ability to move from a paper process to almost entirely digital. During the pandemic this has been a life-saver as many students are completely virtual and never visited campus in the past year. Beyond the initial form completion, the ability to digitally route form submissions through and approval chain has improved our time-to-completion on many tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review, Andrew! It looks like you're a total power user using integrations and workflows in your processes. You are correct, our Documents and Sign products were built through software acquisitions. We've been working to make the transition for customers as seamless as possible and hope the new toolset will make up for small kinks during the transition period.

Behavioral Intervention Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like how customizable it is and format the way I want it to flow. I also love the feature where you can see if your form is creating a bottleneck and people leave without completing the form. The other two things I like the integrations into Google sheets so I can share need-to-know information with other people without them getting overwhelmed with other information collected. Lastly, the other thing is the easiness of downloading my information collected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, there isn't a specific thing. But sometimes when I archive a form I can either find it easily or spend 10 minutes looking where it's been randomly stored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Formstack has most if not all the bells and whistles you are looking for in a form builder. From basic short forms to more detailed forms, I'll always pick Formstack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am eliminating the number of emails by directing people to a form. I am also able to track data by downloading the information instead of me manually going back which would take HOURS! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review Arissa! Google Sheets is also my favorite integration. It makes it so easy to share form submissions with everyone on the team.

Assistant Dean of Enrollment Services/Registrar
What do you like best?

The approval protocols that are built in help to move forms through the proper channels for final approval and processing. Also - being able to insert e-commerce solutions has been wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to speak to call and speak to a support agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a solution to manage electronic student forms and the collection of data at your Institution, this is the product. I also use this for 3 other organizations that I am a part of and would recommend it for all of your online forms needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All forms related to business for the Registrar's Office at my Institution have been moved to the Formstack platform and the time savings in approving and processing is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the amazing review James! Thanks for bringing Formstack along to all 4 of your organizations!!!

Web Designer
What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy it is to sort and organize and sort all the forms I have built, how easy it is to build forms using the form builder, and how it is easy to adjust the settings and notifications for each form I build. After building a couple of easy forms, I feel confident and have started tackling more complicated forms for our organization. These forms use multi-step workflows with calculations and smart lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more flexibility with adjusting the template ui without having to use CSS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving multi-step workflows internally within our organization. We have really benefitted by getting rid of old software like Infopath thanks to Formstack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Virtual high five for the review, Melissa! I'm so glad you're getting to solve more complex problems with the software.

Program Manager
What do you like best?

Formstack is easy to use and has a lot of great templates to start from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sections can be confusing on the templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To get the most out of Formstack, know specifically what information you are trying to get and then build your form around that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has been an invaluable way for us to reach out to those we serve and also set up processes internally. We actually have used it a lot more during the pandemic when everything is virtual. We are able to gather information in a consistent way and it is always stored to refer back to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review. I'm glad Formstack was helpful during the past couple of months!

Enrollment Management Specialist
What do you like best?

Formstack is very easy and simple to use. You don't need to have a computer science degree to build helpful forms. Over the past year, our school has worked hard to make everything we would normally do in person, available for students to do online. Formstack has been a huge help in making that goal a reality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User management can be challenging when you have bigger organization using Formstack. Deciding who needs to who role and managing all the user that need to be added to utilize the workflow can become difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our school has used Formstack to make our business processes quicker and more convenient for students, faculty, and staff. We used Formstack frequently before the complications of COVID-19 but even more sense then. Now just about every form we have is available through Formstack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review, Alex! Always excited to hear when we give customers some time back in their day by being more efficient.

Research Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like the ability to create the documents that I need quickly and efficiently that complement my research studies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe the development of building survey documents can more user-friendly with comments that a user can go to while in the documents for questions about what to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems being resolved are the ability to build data collection tools, distribute survey documents over a wide audience, and receive instant feedback and results for research projects. The benefits allow for real-time analysis of data responses, results, and analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review Evelyn! Good luck with your research project.

C-Level Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

The easy way to use and the wide range of options for various projects and applications I love the most. For the completion of surveys, plan documents, registration and confirmation, testing, payments and the sending of confirmations, we have created the user formula. Again, this is an excellent / easy-to-use system besides consumers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With all these features and partners that everyone else wants everyones it using pie chunk, Formmstack starts expanding in the age of iconic SaaS-options. Instead of giving a single size to consumers, each feature seems to have its own price and price limit. Several of the persuasive modern innovations for small companies are therefore being swept out. Formstack is optimistic that it can simplify its app price to take into account the multiple workflows that it now has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's cheap and easy to use. Try out the free test. I recommend that the lowest system that meets your needs be continued. You would also keep updating ones login when your requirements change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Formstack is being used in a variety of uses. Gravure orders, personnel surveys, identification documents, results of the reward voyage, year-end accrual requests. Trying to send a query to help the user complete the application form does not necessarily place an individual unintendedly insert an error in the person responsible for keeping data as they choose it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

We were looking for a system that could do more than just build simple surveys. I appreciate the ever-expanding features Formstack offers as well as their continued focus on improving the system and adding new 3rd party integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are unavailable with a form account and require additional purchases. Also, unfortunate they don't yet offer any direct integrations with SIS systems like DestinyOne or Ellucian Banner, which requires us having to collect information from Formstack and manually input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to migrate many of our paper processes to online webforms thanks to their Workflow feature. This has allowed us to go digital and streamline many administrative tasks in a short amount of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review! I'm going to pass along the names of those SIS systems (DestinyOne and Ellucian Banner) to our Product team so they're aware our customers are asking for them.

AH
What do you like best?

Formstack just makes it helpful that people can do what I need from home and I don't have to see them or have a paper to file and hang onto. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To add comments of my own, I have to use the edit function and I have to scroll through all the questions to get to the area where I need to input instead of finding it on the application, hitting edit and then it taking me to the same area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to do away with our paper copies coming and going. This simplifies the process for everyone to be doing it the same way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review. Always happy to read about our customers eliminating paper with Formstack!

What do you like best?

The amount of integrations (both native and through Zapier) are pretty incredible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like the product isn't updated often enough. Maybe this is because they are working on some grand 2.0 version or something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Formstack as our main form builder and processor. Because it works really well with Formstack Documents and Formstack Sign, we are also using those products together. This allows us to have someone fill out a form, automatically generating a document and creating a legally binding signature request. But we also use it to add Form data to several other apps through integrations (Google Sheets and ClickUp mostly). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Solid technology that works well between al their products. Formstack is offering a suite of tools that other companies do not and it is exactly what companies actually need in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sales reps have trouble making scheduled meetings and responding in a timely manner to emails. Support staff are not very familiar with the products and my account was suspended and reopened a few times without notice or communication. I did get apologies for all of this, but there are continuing issues with sales and support. Looking elsewhere for this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer interaction and document signing. It works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lindsay Adams of Formstack

Hi Tom, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and business processes, so your feedback is invaluable. We would love to have this addressed directly. If you would like to get in touch, please email support directly at support@formstack.com. Thank you.

AH
What do you like best?

I really like that you have have multiple notifications sent from one action taken by a user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that sometimes the way that the responses are formatted when they are sent to a user is confusing if there is an action that still needs to be taken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved so many problems! Credit card information collection, simple information gathering, and tuition calculation summaries but best of all the tool makes being a paperless institution easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review. We're always happy to hear when teams can reduce their paper usage with Formstack Forms!

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Formstack is how multi-dimensional it is. It can be used for various different activities such as for feedback surveys but also for program applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool is limited in terms of how we could customize the design and type of questions in the surveys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use it for generating feedback from clients. It's easy to build and update questions, and could be easily integrated with Salesforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review! Fingers crossed for positive feedback submissions from clients!

Life Time University Certification Administrator
What do you like best?

It's very flexible. I can use it for registrations, surveys, assessments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more control over Styles, Colors etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking participants in our trainings. Also, with assessments, the reports are amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the view Jeanette! It looks like you're getting a ton of projects done with the software.

What do you like best?

I like there are different way to collect data to provide incite and support to our targeted community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything is dislike yet. I may have to work with Formstack more to know for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provide different ways for me to get information from targeted communities to see how I can best serve them. Also it has helped with team organizations for forms. Great app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review. Glad we were able to play a small role in the support you're giving to your communities!

AH
What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Our staff really likes it. Helped to streamline our payment processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit challenging to learn how to work with the background design. Took a bit of time to learn the process but just like anything, once you put the work in one can figure things out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the software to assist in facilitating registration for our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review! Glad we can help make the registration process easier. :)

Financial Planning and Analysis Sr. Supervisor
What do you like best?

Customization of the applications. The applications are easy to review. Editing the applications is easy and convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a change log or I didn't know how to enable the option. There isn't an option to request more information from the applicant of the form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It help to create a simple approval document for business applications/proposals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review!

UR
What do you like best?

Formstack has lots of options so you can create different types of forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to copy a list of dropdown box options to use on other forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend using Formstack because it is easy to use and you can eliminate paper forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Formstack allows us to eliminate the need for paper forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. You dont need to spend much time to get a quick understanding where everything is located. Its nice to have all your invoicing needs digital Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We havent found too many barriers to this program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we went completely remote Formstack helped us achieve regular operations in an irregular world Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Clint Buechler of Formstack

Thanks for the review. As a remote organization ourselves, we've built Formstack with remote teams in mind. Glad your team is able to stay connected while working remotely!

AM
What do you like best?

Formstack makes collecting data and survey responses super easy. I'm a huge advocate for its use across our organization because it helps us create workflows without IT involvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints really! We sometimes run into template CSS issues but the customer service team always helps us correct them quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Formstack across all parts of our business from digital and marketing to product development to HR. We can easily create forms and surveys to gather necessary input across all of our departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Formstack's logic rules, and integrations are really rich and allow power users to create powerful workflows with customer or employee submitted data. Advanced workflow approvals have been a key feature for us to implement customer setup procedures across a large and geographically spread out organization. I also appreciate the speed and stability of Formstack's product. Everything is autosaved, and performance even when working on a large and complex form is very good. The recent ability to create PDF documents with merged form data is a great feature. Also, the advanced capabilities to have pre-filled forms and partial form submission is very helpful for certain projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the price to add additional users to not be so high. It limits adoption for some features to not be able to assign users an approval/workflow license. I also think the theme designer and the built in templates could be improved to help design better looking forms. Masking options for certain form fields would also be a good addition. Overall though, Formstack has a very good feature set. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have complex requirements but are not at the point where you can hire a developer to implement your form and data collection solutions, Formstack is a fantastic solution. From basic needs to advanced and complex form logic and integrations, Formstack delivers the feature set that you can grow into and not be faced with the need to switch to a different company down the road. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have dozens of forms setup across multiple departments, many are internal that connect to various integrations with other services (e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.). We also use Formstack for all our customer facing forms (account sign up, credit applications, surveys, etc.). Formstack's reporting tools are somewhat of a hidden and underrated feature in my opinion. Being able to visually see submitted form data without hardly any setup work is a really awesome tool and gives us good insight on survey results, and internal trends and data points that would otherwise go unnoticed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.