Float Reviews & Product Details

Key Account Manager
What do you like best?

I have been on the raft for nearly a year. This has permitted the team of ours to track when and where individuals are at home, from work or even on vacation on an easy, unified platform. The device is additionally really simple to operate, so everyone could easily put it to use each day. I also like you are able to easily add and also modify calendar entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting rid of a product from one bookmark doesn't move it to yet another (e.g. eliminating a person from a preparation product doesn't eliminate that individual from the task group). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The solution is very simple to use and will certainly meet your expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float allows us to better organize teamwork and assign tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float Overview

What is Float?

Scheduling in Float is intuitive and fast, which is why thousands of the world’s top teams, including BuzzFeed, Ogilvy, MetaLab, & Deloitte, use it to manage their resources. Create projects and tasks in a click, drag and drop to reassign them to your team in seconds, and make updates quickly with handy editing tools. Manage and track your resource capacity with custom work hours, schedule public holidays and time off, add custom tags, and set a scheduled status to let your team know who’s in the office and who’s remote. With access to real-time reporting, you can track resource utilization, monitor project budgets, and forecast your team’s capacity. Float gives you the most accurate, single view of your resources, so you can plan your projects and schedule your team’s time with confidence. Get a high-level overview of your team’s availability and capacity, or drill down deeper with Float’s powerful search and filter functionality. Set a project budget based on time or fees to forecast your resource capacity and monitor your resource utilization in real-time. Add time tracking to compare your scheduled hours with actual time logged, and see whether your projects are on, under, or over budget. Float’s lightning-fast interface can handle an enterprise volume of people and projects, and is the perfect resource management solution for teams big and small. Float has dedicated integrations to connect with your existing tools and apps. Integrate directly with Jira, Asana, Trello or Teamwork to sync and schedule your projects. Import events from your Google or Outlook calendars, and stay on top of schedule updates via the Slack integration. Access your schedule changes on the go with a mobile app for iOS and Android. Float is free to try for 30 days.

Float Details
Discussions
Float Community

Float is a resource scheduling solution for agencies, studios and firms that helps keeping track of who's working on what and when.

Float
2012
New York, NY
@float

Float Videos

Float Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Float community
Have you used Float before?

Float Reviews

Showing 841 Float reviews
Already have Float?
Data Analyst
What do you like best?

What I like most is the intuitive interface to plan your schedule. The schedule page is also good if you want to have quick glance at the team's schedule for a time period. I also like the ability to add the country holidays and export data to Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is a bit limited. There's no built-in report to view which people have available hours, which haven't updated Float, or which people are consistently booking short hours or overtime. As an administrator, these reports are critical for managing a team. Also, the settings are a bit "hidden". For example, the setting to add holidays is not so obvious within the settings page and I have to talk to support in order to get this done. That should be obvious since this is a planning tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a consulting firm, we have to plan ahead our engagements in order to see bottlenecks in resourcing and control our costs. So far, we have realized this, but with the help of additional reporting in Excel.

Traditional spreadsheets are not fit for the job as it gets unwieldy as the company grows with a global workforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

Float is incredibly easy to use and integrate into smaller teams. Visually straightforward, it gives you quick and simple answers to essential resource-based questions and allows team members to see what work they should be progressing and when in a tidy calendar view. In addition, there is an easy link between time in the calendar to projects that can be managed quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do find that compared to some other systems, a level of detail when it comes to finances and budgets vs resource is missing. Whilst you can get some very top-level detail, the ability to link actual time spent versus project budgets is a little simplistic and could be expanded upon to really drill down into more detail to provide better overall reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource management. The ability to organise team members and ensure they're informed as to their work schedules was quickly and easily done with the use of Float. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Art director
What do you like best?

Float is very easy to use and set up. The drag and drop functionality for the scheduler is great and being able to switch from people to project is also very useful.

Adding projects is pretty easy too and seeing everyone together on one board and their availability is precisely what the company needed. We tried many other platforms and they didn't work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use several other platforms so better integration with them would be great. We currently just started using Asana, and it would be advantageous to input time in Float and have it link to asana's projects or vice-versa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are thinking of switching, this is it, super happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Monday.com before and it was hard to see what everyone was working on. We had to search each user, look at their tasks for the day, and then assess how long it would take each task. Now we can combine all that information in one place for easy access and see at a glance who has time to work on new projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Nu Skin Distributor
What do you like best?

I have recently begun utilizing this product and as of now I have my remaining workload arranged for myself. I went over it in one of my online pursuits and I can disclose to you that it is truly having an effect. I have had the option to plan totally all I require to accomplish for the month and what's incredible is that I get an email helping me to remember what's next to do. The support team has been incredible. They are there for you directly from the beginning. Setting up activities and executing them have been a breeze. There is an alternative to add your colleagues so they can see what should be done as well. There are lots of features within this program that they truly have considered everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely have discovered nothing I don't like about this product. That might change in time, I don't know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just go for it. You won't be sorry! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been really simple to use. I am now able to accomplish the genuine work I need to. They have been very clear on how to use this software which is very pleasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

3D Artist
What do you like best?

It's simple user interface makes it easy to follow for any user. It also has real time update capability so that you are always informed of what you should be working on at any current time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think tasks and notes should be displayed in small font or more obvious when you log time. The little note in the top right hand corner of the project tag can easily be missed, Also a feature to unlog time, instead of having to remember if you misclick Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Management and team compatability, on an admin level, it is helping provide data on billing of projects, understanding the time it takes to complete certain types of project. More efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Web Developer
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the UI. It makes life so much easier when you can see what you're working on and when you're working on it as soon as you login to Float. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I need to press the 'sign in' button with Google twice, but I'm not sure if this is an issue with Google or Float. Probably worth investigating though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't used Float for all of it's features yet, but it makes task management a lot easier for myself and my boss. It gives them the ability to add and track what I'll be working on for the week and myself the ability to track that same information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CAD Technician
What do you like best?

Float is a great way to keep track of working hours and who is working on what projects. We use float to go over everyone's weekly schedule. Everyone enters this be themselves and anyone can check how is working on what very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process of creating and editing projects could be more user friendly. Editing project name was not the easiest to figure out. It was easy if you knew what you were doing but not for a new user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With each department growing in size, it was getting difficult to keep track of who was working on what. Float is a great tool to help with that issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

I love the ability to sync my calendar with my apple devices. One quick look on my watch or phone and I know what I have coming in on a specific day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love an option to remain logged in on a specific device or keyboard. It's annoying to have to log in every time I use float. Also a traditional calendar view would be a nice option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the issue of being forced to work from home. Home computers tend to have multi-use i.e. not just for work. Being able to log on to a app dedicated to just my professional work is a god send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Designer
What do you like best?

I really like the app design: it is easy-to-use, full of drag&drop features.

I think that having the possibility to check other collegues' schedule is very useful to better organize the daily work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate a new features which sends a message in case of overlapping scheduling.

I found some bugs in the new Phases feature: when you click on a schedule task before clicking on "Log", the system changes your task with the first one available in the list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float is helping us to better organize our daily activities on big projects, avoiding overlapping scheduling and people disallocation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

the speed and ease in which you can add new cards- seeing all of the different cards in the lists makes it very easy to see your daily/weekly tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is a lack of customisation in terms of where the cards can be placed on the screen, it would be great to drag and drop the tiles so I can view more in one screen. I wish there was an easier way of discarding tasks too such as pressing backspace when you select a card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work in accounts which means I have a lot of different tasks and clients. Float helps me with both the small tasks that pop up in the day that I can easily post onto a board and keeping all my client work distinct and organised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used several platforms to log in time and this is by far the easiest I have found. It is designed to truly see your work scope in a friendly way. I like the flowchart-like design, which allows me to see how my time is utilized. Projects can be classified by color to better understand the work flow. It's nice that I can program recurring projects in advance, which saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The typography is too heavy, which makes it hard to read sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the most complete project and time management tool. I know because I have had experience with many others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easier to track my hours, be more effective with my time and know exactly my billable and non-billable hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that it is a user friendly software. I was able to learn how to use it very quickly and easily. I have taught others how to use it as well and they have not had any questions so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the end time changing automatically when I change the start time. If I wanted that to change then I would do it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to update schedule for several jobs and locations. That is the best part about float. Before float none of us knew where we were on a day to day basis. I love how easy it is to update schedules and that it sends emails to employees about any changes in schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The ease of use and a very visual user interface. I really like the timeline view where I can filter on both person and project tags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something I miss is further customizations to tailor the product to our specific needs, like the possibility to set a monthly cost on the projects and visual options for the projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Float to improve our overview of the project allocation for the coming weeks and months, to make it easier to plan new, incoming projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivery Manager
What do you like best?

Really easy to deploy and use, good learning curve. See in one layout all the resource allocation and filter by projects and employees (even inside the reports) are great features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even when it's easy to deploy and the learning curve is asequible, requires more clicks than expected to control a full workforce can be long. A more detailed report would and custom fields on projects and employees be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clear view and controlling of the workforce. Forecasting of the workload. Dropping excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software developer
What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can see all my colleagues' tasks. So, I know what they're doing and when I can bother them. This also helps to lock in my schedule with them, so I can work on my individual tasks when they're not available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This program has pretty much everything you need and then some more, so most of the problems come from the fact that I can't find a certain functionality. It gets easier with time and experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float is mainly used for scheduling, adding tasks and managing teams, and it does the job flawlessly. It had a brid's eye view feature and it provides all the necessary functions to divide into teams, projects and tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Design Engineer
What do you like best?

Using float is easy and very practical when organizing your work planning daily. In addition, having this in your organization you can also track the schedule of your colleagues to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say that there are fewer details when creating an activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Floar to any people who are looking to have an organized schedule at work and being totally on track with the planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of my schedule and also receive new work project from my supervisor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Associate
What do you like best?

Float has a nice clean interface with a powerful search feature so you can filter down by person, client, project etc. very quickly and easily.

The documentation for Float's APIs is nice and clean. Although our software doesn't naturally integrate with Float, we've been able to use the API to bring projects in automatically from our sales tracking platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way that people's time commitments on other projects are displayed on every project is useful to make sure nobody is over-resourced. However this means that each project can take up a fair amount of space, and using placeholder people is a nightmare because they look incredibly over-booked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking resourcing in the company and across teams with more visability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solution Architect
What do you like best?

It's easy to track time spent and my planned schedule for the current (and following) week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When logging time, it could be easier to spot wrong weeks, specially for recurring tasks. If I'm logging time on a task for the future, it should prompt me to confirm whether I'm not making a mistake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float in the organization has a purpose to track time and resource allocation. So far, I'm only a user of time tracking and so far, so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A/V Technician
What do you like best?

The ability to have little computer knowledge and still navigate the program ease! Great program to use to keep everything organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We were not able to integrate our existing data into Float, however it was very simple to re create it in no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and takes away the head aches of using multiple programs to accomplish one goal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Float we have been able to track and plan our time more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front-end Developer
What do you like best?

Float is very easy to use and has a nice user interface. Next to that, I really like the fact that you get notified everyday about your daily schedule and every time someone makes changes to your schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not completely mobile-friendly. I've got trouble scrolling all the way to the bottom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's really easy to see what colleagues are doing everyday. Before, if you couldn't participate in a stand-up, you didn't know what everyone was up to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.