Float Reviews & Product Details

Digital Director
What do you like best?

Easy to use, I especially like the colour coding of clients, drag and drop editing and recurring scheduling. My team come in at the start of the day and know exactly what client they are working on and how long is scheduled to complete the job. It's pretty awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Originally it was a bit clunky but the latest upgrades have made it super good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's simple and saves a heap of time in managing teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

easier to manage my team and workflows. It's visual and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float Overview

What is Float?

Scheduling in Float is intuitive and fast, which is why thousands of the world’s top teams, including BuzzFeed, Ogilvy, MetaLab, & Deloitte, use it to manage their resources. Create projects and tasks in a click, drag and drop to reassign them to your team in seconds, and make updates quickly with handy editing tools. Manage and track your resource capacity with custom work hours, schedule public holidays and time off, add custom tags, and set a scheduled status to let your team know who’s in the office and who’s remote. With access to real-time reporting, you can track resource utilization, monitor project budgets, and forecast your team’s capacity. Float gives you the most accurate, single view of your resources, so you can plan your projects and schedule your team’s time with confidence. Get a high-level overview of your team’s availability and capacity, or drill down deeper with Float’s powerful search and filter functionality. Set a project budget based on time or fees to forecast your resource capacity and monitor your resource utilization in real-time. Add time tracking to compare your scheduled hours with actual time logged, and see whether your projects are on, under, or over budget. Float’s lightning-fast interface can handle an enterprise volume of people and projects, and is the perfect resource management solution for teams big and small. Float has dedicated integrations to connect with your existing tools and apps. Integrate directly with Jira, Asana, Trello or Teamwork to sync and schedule your projects. Import events from your Google or Outlook calendars, and stay on top of schedule updates via the Slack integration. Access your schedule changes on the go with a mobile app for iOS and Android. Float is free to try for 30 days.

Float Details
Discussions
Float Community

Float is a resource scheduling solution for agencies, studios and firms that helps keeping track of who's working on what and when.

Float

Float Reviews

Showing 726 Float reviews
Already have Float?
Senior Consultant Business Analytics
What do you like best?

I can see a complete overview of all the activities, tasks and the projects in the area at the office at the same time, and I can see the current projects to clearly define the schedule I need to focus on. I also like to have specific tasks within the projects because many of them have long deadlines and tasks with different people with different responsibilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It may be useful to have the possibility to spread the days less evenly, for example by spreading the work over two days, but giving more time to one person than to another instead of giving the same schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I encourage you to think about trying out a programming program, do yourself a favour and try Float. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a tool that makes it easier to follow the mission without having to solve all other problems. As an agent, I can log in quickly, review my tasks and then leave without losing time to interact with anyone else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Applications Support Consultant
What do you like best?

* Provides an overview of scheduled work and staff availability for forecasting and scheduling

* Ability to assign consultants to specific projects, while also assigning individual tasks.

* Minimal duplication of work as the system maintains the lifetime of the projects

* Ability to link to Jira tasks and assign to specific staff

* Ability to report on time staff have spent on Projects

* Can easily see budget vs actuals when adjusting workload

* Easy to schedule timeframes

* Can view based on teams or individuals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot we didn't like, but it would be great to have;

* Task breakdowns

* Two way Jira linking (Currently only from Jira)

* Pull more data from Jira (Timeframes etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an application which provides an overall schedule for your staff, Float is the product to help your business.

It assists our business with scheduling, forecasting and providing staff with time management requirements on their projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of our main issues was determining where staff were assigning their time and how to effectively scheduling upcoming work.

Using Float, we are now able to easily determine staff workload schedules, provide deadlines to staff and customers and provide our Sales team with accurate availability for forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Engineering Manager
What do you like best?

It is super simple to use. With 90 busy engineers and designers, we needed a tool that would provide workload managers with the info they needed without being time consuming or difficult to learn. Float has performed brilliantly. It's very easy to bulk upload projects which we do once per week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We needed to make all users 'Admin' in order for everyone to see all projects as soon as they are added (otherwise we needed to add every project to each person). But this works well for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For our engineering consultancy firm it works perfectly for managing our week to week workload. At the moment we don't use it for more longer term planning. I strongly recommend doing a trial with one team in your firm before full implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to use Excel to manbage our workload, but it was clunky, manual, time consuming and difficult to use. Float makes it simple for everyone to enter their workload every couple of days. It makes people more aware of their upcoming workload and makes workload managers aware of who is overloaded and underloaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual Thinker
What do you like best?

The schedule view allows for a quick overview of my teams capacity and the recent functionalities of budget tracking and multiple-member-tasks makes it even easier to keep track of my projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of my projects are quite small and only take either a small part of my day or don't take very long. The schedule view (which I use most) is not very ideal for moving around all those 1-2hr tasks. Luckily this is not a problem for the bigger projects. Besides that I think it is not very realistic to plan for an 8hr workday; this is often not the reality (with e.g. breaks etc.). This has the effect that there is a mismatch between the allocated budget and the actual time that has been spent on the project (compared to the time tracking software we use). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float makes sure that our whole team is realtime up to date about everyone's availability and makes sure that we have both a good idea of our project planning in the weeks ahead and are able to inform our clients about our availability very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform, it's so easy to drag, drop and view all of the company's assigned tasks as a very quick glance. The ability to be able to switch to project view (vs just people) is great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Early on when we started with the platform some of the usability was cumbersome & slow. However, it's changed a lot since, and is a very smooth platform now.

I think one of the things I'd like most is the ability to add notes alongside milestones so that we can put notes in about what that milestone includes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go, it's a very feature rich and smooth cloud-based solution for managing timings and resources of people and project management. We've not looked bacl Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visibility for the wider project management team, and individuals about what they're assigned to from a resourcing perspective day by day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative (Art / Copy)
What do you like best?

I love the ability to see my projects laid out for the days, weeks, and months ahead. Its UI makes it really seamless and easy to get all of the necessary info I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The path from the timeline view to my personal user information which features project reporting is a little clunky, but that's all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm sure as a PM it's great, but from an everyday user perspective it allows me to have a robust snapshot of all of my incoming work and allows me to keep track of time and projects I've been on for reporting purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm a user of Float rather than a PM, so for me it's all about planning and managing my own time ahead of schedule and Float captures all of that information for me really easily and simply, making planning and flagging anything in my timeline really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a developer it's easy to get sidetracked. That's why we have project managers and Float. Float helps me not only keep track of what I should be doing and when I should be doing it, but it also helps me keep track of what my colleagues are doing. Especially now, when working from home is the new normal, it's really easy to check if one of my colleagues is working and if they might have some time available for me. All that without having to add 20 filters and navigate a complex UI. Float has all the features in all the right places but still manages to keep a minimal looking UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are only minor annoyances I have with Float (they're more like nitpicks anyways). A filter to hide projects that aren't being worked on in the current week/month would be nice. Also, there's a lot of freedom when assigning colours to a project. Maybe some predefined colour palettes would work better and stop our our schedule from looking like a lego brick wall ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of having to ask around who is working on what (and if they maybe have time to look at something with me) I can check Float to see what they're up to. Especially when working from home this makes things a lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Key Account Manager
What do you like best?

I have been on the raft for nearly a year. This has permitted the team of ours to track when and where individuals are at home, from work or even on vacation on an easy, unified platform. The device is additionally really simple to operate, so everyone could easily put it to use each day. I also like you are able to easily add and also modify calendar entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting rid of a product from one bookmark doesn't move it to yet another (e.g. eliminating a person from a preparation product doesn't eliminate that individual from the task group). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The solution is very simple to use and will certainly meet your expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float allows us to better organize teamwork and assign tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am using float for almost 2 years not and I am in love with it!!

It made my life easy when I am working on multiple projects with easy navigation, clean design and easy to understand interface.

The reporting tool in float is an excellent tool to get an insight of billability plus more for whole workforce.

Export feature allows to easily export whole data in CSV format for further analysis.

Notification also serves a useful purpose which notifies user through the app or email when a change is made or new item being added.

I highly recommend Float for managing projects, scheduling and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now as it has all essentials features inbuilt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using float to get an updated view of currently assigned and future project.

Also, I am able to clearly understand the time I need to spend on each project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Structural Design Engineer
What do you like best?

The layout is simple and clean making it easy for me and my team to keep track of our daily tasks. When I first started using it, it took me just a little time to familiarize myself with the buttons (and there's only 4 tabs) and everything else is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I find it a bit hard to keep track planned vs actual side by side unless I open it up in two browser tabs. Hopefully the team will improve on this in future updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a while to try and you'll see that you can plan and keep track of daily tasks better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It give me the ability to track the actual time spend on each task especially those which are not originally in the planned schedule. This is important to improve productivity and act as a good reference for better future planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As both a user and administrator of Float at our company I'd say my favourite feature is the UI design of Float. It looks great and I never have to to look hard to find the information I need - it's all very intuitive.

I also love the daily email digests that come through. Way better than any 'to do' software I have tried in the past.

The reports visualisation is fantastic too, and is something I'm only just discovering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to use time logging / timesheets but cannot for the life of me figure this part out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think Float is having a real positive impact on our project management team and is becoming more the useful the more we use it.

Everyone was keen to use the product and so far feedback has been only positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer
What do you like best?

I like the connection between time scheduling and time logging – it really minimises the amount of work to be done for each individual to log time, and lets users focus on the difference between projected and actual time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm based in Australia and the public holidays need to be updated. Also, I'm booked on a lot of projects and it's be great to have more flexibility in colour-coding in the schedule view, so they don't all look the same. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend popping through and double-checking that all of your localised public holidays are in the schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think everyone's getting more consistent at logging their time because Float has made it easier and quicker. Scheduling has also become more streamlined too due to the multiple birds-eye views over the organisation's time that Float provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This solid resource management software has many positive features among which I can first mention its interface which is very intuitive and with a really fantastic design, it also offers a lot of collaborative tools for project planning and scheduling of real-time tasks, The drag and drop function is excellent as well as its tools for reporting and editing, is a highly effective platform for forecasting budget expenditures which is very helpful to develop future plans that allow us to function according to the capacity and real resources finally presents a lot of dedicated integrations with Slack, Teamwork and Google calendar just to name a few Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the negative points that I have found in this software are the mobile application is very poor even I do not find a utility I would like to improve this, I am not very satisfied with the search functions of this software is actually very complicated to schedule projects, labels and departments, the time tracking of each activity that is running many times is inaccurate what is a major problem especially for those who carry out the functions of manager finally we have your technical support which I consider is very poor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Float is one of the most powerful software I have used for resource management and planning, this is one of the main reasons why I would recommend this software, however it has other strengths that make this software a real business tool, for example its interface is easy to use and it is loaded with great tools that allow users to divide, drag and duplicate and insert tasks without any effort, besides that it has one of the best prices in the market which is perfect for smaller organizations that want to grow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much of my organization uses Float for project planning based on employee capacity where we can also set individual work hours, add holidays, holiday schedules and create a detailed description where we can visualize where and when an employee is working, budget forecasting tools are very useful within my organization and have allowed us to solve a lot of problems and create schedules that really work and are effective finally it has helped us much better schedule our employees through messaging functions, reports and schedule distribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

Float provides a seamless and super-responsive interface for us to manage our projects and our teams. Real-time collaboration, integration into the tools we use (Slack). In the 4 months we've been using it we've completely transformed the way we manage, schedule and track our projects. We love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Float has really helped us fill the gaps in the previous platform we were using (10,000 ft). Additional customized reporting would be helpful, but isn't blocking us in anyway at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trial it and run it in parallel to existing systems for a few weeks prior to going live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Float's real-time updates and collaboration mean that we can have multiple team members editing our schedule and projects in realtime without versioning problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The visual aspect of Float is fantastic. We rely heavily on the ability to color code by project manager (matched to our KanBan board) for better overhead visibility. The clarity around capacity limits (turning red at 8 hours), PTO, and project owner give a great overhead view of each resource. Also, the edit history is incredibly helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software can be glitchy and hard to rely on at times. Often when moving blocks of time, the software will prompt you to refresh the page and you will lose whatever action was in progress. Sometimes the software will not let me drop a block where I want to, and I'll have to place it a few days and then manually extend/shorten the time block.

The reports section was recently changed, without warning as far as I know, and it has been a huge pain point for me. I run Capacity to Contract reports using Float exports, and this structure change completely crushed my existing workflow to the point where we abandoned our old spreadsheet in favor of a completely new report.

Sometimes ghost data will not show up on the schedule view, but will skew the reports for each resource. This causes a headache when running reports because I have to manually keep tabs on all numbers for each resource, given I can't trust they are 100% accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Float for our resourcing and utilization monitoring, so we are able to identify what type of work needs to be brought in at which points in the year, informing sales. We also use this as an overhead planning tool week to week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Float provides the opportunity to plan the resources available to the work team giving more management in the collaborative resources, within its drag-and-drop functions you can set individual working hours when employees are working on scheduled tasks which in turn allows you to track among colleagues the project data systems to drive business decisions from the user interface thus achieving the activity of coordinating multiple resources on different projects giving managers easy access to work done by each employee in the organization on the website, allowing the workflow to be easily assimilated allowing for browser-based team scheduling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is important to emphasize that during the use of Float within our company we have found functions that play against him as it is when you begin to use the menu of search to locate some specific file tends to autocomplete nonexistent searches, this comes because it does not provide the information that has to personalize in a deep way the way of the tool for your company, then with the updates is improving this problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Widely this tool is ideal for planning and programming of both commercial and business projects because it is easy to use and its capacity per person on the fly high level has a high scope of online training and web seminars which enables you to have experiences between peers to try better plans within the activities of each organization, so it is very important that you take into account this tool for any business you want to undertake Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this tool we have achieved to solve problems that we presented with the generation of reports to the managers, at the moment thanks to her the use of the equipment can be tracked to give better results in the decisions within the commercial activities based on the capacity to plan the projects and programs for the organization with a management of availability in the Web by means of the browsers, also thanks to the operating system for the workers the flow of tools becomes but I practice making agile in real time its labor activities which is fundamental product for the company in its good operation of performance and execution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I like of float programming its control of variants of creation of financial status analysis, arrangement of workloads, measurement of qualified networks, management of digital assets, systematization of approach of communicative networks, planning of exercise of trade, approach of distribution of economic supports against losses of accounting data, numbering of files, alphabetical order, incorporation's of tracking origin work with this system to improve your business life, as well as its simple interface of accelerated use and impulse of digital movements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In float problems occur unit of storage of images, where the same ones at the time of managing a creation of campaign presentations, initiates an automatic load of images in simultaneous in a random way, placing images without any type of relation to the treated subject, as main objects of public view before carrying out the publication of the same ones, which represents a considerable failure for the system of this software, since it could show wrong visual information, causing confusions between the users when not knowing to what some images are due in reference to products or financing of services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Impressive administrations are developed by float software, which can be the right one to motivate and stimulate a precise management operational margin in which a quality resource management of data sample can be defined, establish e-commerce action networks, manipulate profiles developed to motivate automatic purchase simplifications, simple coding arrangements, integrated sales reconciliation reports, intelligent messaging posed by e-mail, are the most effective ways to establish a feasible business and achieve planned goals in your company thanks to this project creation format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In float we base a use of its analytical precision to establish backup trends, password storage functions, custom editing arrangement, priority web browsing collaboration support, work group scheduling assistance, administrative task management, payroll arrangements, economic rate schemes, digital job assignment supervision manipulation, economic value affinity determination are used by my company under this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ability to quickly and easily move tasks and resources on the Float board. It makes resourcing so much easier, especially when timelines are constantly shifting due to client needs. When a new circumstance comes up, I can go to the Float board and see how it affects the overall project in mere seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of wonky UX things. Like when you create a task, sometimes you need to put the total hours and the hours per day in the fields twice to make sure it's right. I think it has to do with the conditional fields not quite being synched up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource management for billable projects for sure. We have a smallish team, so it's great to know what everyone is working on and when you can slot in the next project or task. From there, it's super simple to build realistic timelines that are client facing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.