VSDC Free Video Editor

4.0

VSDC is a light professional non-linear video editing suite for creating a movie of any complexity.

Work for VSDC Free Video Editor?

Learning about VSDC Free Video Editor?

VSDC Free Video Editor Reviews

Ben P.

"Great Step Up!"

What do you like best?

For a free program, there is a rediculous amount of stuff you can do with this! I first was drawn to it for the Chroma Key function that was not available in the other programs I was using. This allowed me to begin my jump into green screen work! The program is not simple, making it clear that there is more involved in it than meets the eye. I really enjoy the effects list, and the timeline editing for both video and audio! The masking tool allows for a ton of function that is often only found in expensive programs!

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if there is anything I "dislike" about this program... sometimes it has its glitches, or crashes, but that has more to do with the system you are running it on! My adobe suite has the same issues! I would love to see more tutorials out there on how to use this program to it's fullest potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a free competitor to the expensive Adobe programs! If you have the skills needed to use a program like this, I believe that you can produce just as high of quality results in VSDC as any other program out there!

Add campaigns, bumper videos, interviews, music videos, announcement videos, animation overlays for youth videos, and screen capture tutorial videos to teach people about new things our organization is using to connect.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VSDC Free Video Editor
Showing 39 VSDC Free Video Editor reviews
Yulimar U.

"Quick and easy non-linear video editing"

What do you like best?

It is a program of great help to make simple video editing, allows non-linear video editing, which allows you to incorporate different elements to the video, such as effects, computer graphics, several scenes and incorporate them at the same time and see what you want to edit in a single window. When the video is finished, it can be exported in compatible formats. You don't need to be connected to the internet to use it, just download it to your computer and you're done.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about this program, as easy as installing it on the computer, it doesn't take up much memory space

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You only need to have downloaded the video to edit and add elements to the main window of the program. Excellent tool for those who use social networks as an instrument of their work.

In the channel where I work we constantly use audiovisual materials to upload to social networks, VSDC is a program that allows you to make an edition quickly and without complications.

Augusto A.

" Program to edit videos in a simple and free way"

What do you like best?

It is a good free, basic and simple program for editing videos.

Only the software is installed on the computer and you are done, you do not need to use another additional program.

Do the editing in a linear way and you can see as you mount the video and audio at the same time.

Exports the final video in various formats and is not heavy.

It matters in real time.

What do you dislike?

The storage capacity per project is not very large, so at the time of finishing an edition you must export and close the project to start a new one, if you leave a project open and it is big at the time of resuming the work it hangs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep the program updated and installed the desktop on your computer

It is an excellent option to work videos for social networks

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Mhorys Minnelly G.

"A free video editor, excellent and very fun to work with the quality you deserve"

What do you like best?

Among the things I like, the application is completely free and the quality of the audio and video editing is great, you can make beautiful and beautiful videos in a very intuitive way, since the application has a graphical interface that helps to have high performance in the editing of videos, I find it great that it has the ability to support virtually any type of audio and video files. It is noteworthy that the video project once made can be shared online directly in the most popular video services such as facebook, youtube, vimeo among others, in addition to which you can make videos in HD and 4K quality.

What do you dislike?

the negative aspects of the software is that you can not download animated transitions effects, which are available from the sevidores of the software manufacturer, since that would allow to expand the library of personal effects, on the other hand when you have a large video, the Resource consumption and equipment memory is considerable high, which can sometimes result in equipment slowness

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you do with VSDC free video editor, since they will have professional quality software, with which they will be able to edit a large number of audio and video files of different formats, and once the video is made they will be able to share it on their social networks most usual, and in the quality they prefer, highlighting the export of video in HD and 4K

Since I have the application it is much easier to edit a video in a simple way and share it on the Youtube channel, and the fact that it is completely free is undoubtedly an advantage, since the software has everything that is required for editing audio and video with professional quality and without giving a penny.

Roberta M.

"Creates fantastic videos for our website"

What do you like best?

I like to create videos for our church website and this program allows me to easily create one in very little time. I love that I can make it unique by adding my own music and sound clips, that is really a key aspect in this.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, it is a very simple and easy platform to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use this! It is probably the best free product out there like this. Much better than Windows Movie Maker if you really want to personalize your videos. I cannot say enough good things about this if you want to use this for videos on your website, they just look so professional!

Every week, I change videos on our church website to keep it updated and fresh. Changing the website weekly is key to keeping people going back to it to see what is new. The benefits I have gotten from this are: compliments on how the site looks, questions if I can create individual videos for specific events (which I have done so.) and even our website host company(360Unite) is impressed with what I do.

YULIMAR T.

"It is an excellent video editing program, easy to use. "

What do you like best?

It is a program of edition of videos super practical and simple to use, you can use any codec and any type of resolution of image without any limitation.

It is a program that does not occupy much space in the memory of the pc.

It is up to you whether you want to make a monetary contribution or not, there is a free version that is great, and the version pays.

Use non-linear editing which allows to incorporate elements to the edition from music to animation, I love it.

What do you dislike?

I think that until now the only thing that would change the program is the video library and the capacity of the same, according to my experience, is super functional

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of my work programs that I enjoy the most

Being in job training workshops they sent me some assignments in the area of ​​video editing and production, and it was a great help, since it is much easier than other systems like final cut that is more complex.

Excellent for managing social networks because it allows basic and simple editing, it is an excellent tool

Ben P.

"Great Step Up!"

Kimberly A.

"It's all I need, also free!"

What do you like best?

I really like the great video stabilization and picture-in.picture feature it has, as you won't find them easily in another software. I also appreciate the various file formats it supports, as sometimes I migrate from one to another.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little bit hard to understand at the beginning, but once you know how to manage the interface, VSDC can become a powerful tool with tons of available features to help and guide your creativity. It would be nice if the program had a quick preview at the edition stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to learn how to use the basic features, be patient.

We have a better communication system thanks to the sensation of this videos, it has a huge impact among the people we are able to reach.

Emi U.

"It is the best program for editing videos and presentations"

What do you like best?

This editing program is one of the easiest I've found, it allows editing videos with audio, animated images, and also simple presentations.

It is an excellent option for those who use the multimedia resource in our work spaces

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything that disgusts me about the program, it's great, it's constantly updated, you do not need to register anywhere, and the space it occupies on the PC is minimal

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only thing that would add to the program are more options of graphing and the forms of the letters.

It has served me a lot for the management of my social networks, keeping my patients informed of their reiki sessions.

And the posts that I post on the networks are great

And the posts that I post on the networks are great.

"VSDC is okay for a FREE software"

What do you like best?

Obviously the price is right. You can pay for a "pro" version, but if you needed a professional video editing software you probably would not be looking at VSDC, but something like AVID, Adobe or Final Cut. This free software does have quite a few filter and editing options, which is nice. However, all you can do is import and edit.

What do you dislike?

First off, you have to pay for the pro version in order to be able to save your projects. Essentially they are letting you test drive the software for free. However, you can't drive the car off the lot without paying a fee. Also, it's aesthetically a little clumsy. Apple's iMovie is a little bit more intuitive and user friendly. That being said, if you have a large project that you are working on it can slow your computer down quite a bit. That is to be expected though with a video project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are okay paying for the pro version, then this is a sufficient video editor. Just know that if you do not get the pro version you will not be able to save your work.

At work, I am on a Windows operating system, which does not have any really great video editors already installed on it, unlike Mac's. That being said, VSDC was free, it does basic importing, editing and exporting that we need to edit videos before we use them on social media sites for sharing.

Brett M.

"A Free Video Editor that works for what you need"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free! Most free video editors aren't even worth opening but at least this one let's you make some decent changes to your video project

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was a bit more in depth of an editor. It's not unique to VSDC, but most free editors lack when it comes to working on larger projects, and VSDC is no exception

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly invest in a paid video editing software. You will be overwhelmed by the amount of options and settings that are available but you will not be disappointed with the quality of content you create. Any free video editors in my opinion fall short in one way or another, so make it easier on yourself and invest in either the product or a professional that can help you with media.

For any company that realizes video is the direction of the future, it's a great stepping stone. The more you work with VSDC you will realize the need for videos in your industry and hopefully pursue them.

Mariana U.

" It is an excellent program to edit photos, videos and audios. It's great and easy to manage"

What do you like best?

It uses all types of codecs to export files, which allows the edited material to be uploaded to any platform, depending on what is needed.

In what I use the most is for my social networks, editing a video is super simple, just download the information from your cell to the computer and go.

The animations are super practical and diverse.

The format to edit video allows you to see what is placed and what not, has previews and many colors filters.

What do you dislike?

The 3rd time I used it I learned where the edited files were saved, however it does not preserve the original files, it's a matter of practicing, everything in this program I like and adapts to my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not know if they have any mobile application, it would be great to do the editing directly on the cell phone

When working in a television channel they all use a technical language and they make an audiovisual material, this tool has allowed me to record activities and meetings and easily upload them to social networks.

Signy A.

"It is an excellent video editor, practical and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It has a wide range of predetermined designs when placing frames, images and graphics in addition to the video.

Edit in any type of format from the highest to the least quality.

The linear edition that you use allows you to integrate several elements at the same time as you do the editing and you integrate audio with the video once.

What do you dislike?

It works excellent with Windows and on Mac, however in Linux or free software it is not very functional.

In general I love this software because you do not need to be connected to the internet, you download it to the computer and you're done

Recommendations to others considering the product:

greater capacity of space in the library, including more options for graphics, letters and colors of screen backgrounds

As it is an easy to use software, it is an excellent tool to edit simple videos for social networks, besides compressing videos and having little weight, they go super fast to any other platform

Andrew A.

"lots of effects"

What do you like best?

VSDC free video editor is one of the best video editing software out there and can compete with even the best software out there. the best thing about the software is that its free to use and you can download the software with just a click of the button. there are no frequent upgrade popups when using this software unlike many others out there. the features in the software are totally awesome. there are tons of transitions and effects to edit the video. the software also supports resolutions up to 1080p. the interface is somewhat simple and there are several tutorials in the web to help you out with the software.

What do you dislike?

the software is only available for Windows operating systems and others won't be able to take advantage of this free software. the exporting options are limited when compared to other software. when exporting it takes a lot of time and slows down pc where you cant take advantage of advanced features such as hardware acceleration which is provided by other video editing software. there are several effects and features locked which requires a subscription to unlock..k and videos are not supported in this software

Recommendations to others considering the product:

the software has a lot of powerful features that are usually found in paid tools but the export options are limited. its free so who cares, give it a try.

VSDC free video editor is a video editing software for the windows os .there are many features in this software of premium quality and for me, it does its job.

Ben H.

"Great free solution"

What do you like best?

You can't beat the capabilities for the price. You can make many of the important adjustments for a basic video, as well as layering both video and audio clips and incorporating transitions.

What do you dislike?

The transitions are very manual and time-consuming, and some of the finer audio edits are not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for a one-time project or solving a small need—too time consuming for a larger video or higher priority production.

VSDC allows me to do basic video editing when necessary without investing heavily in a paid or subscription product.

Mike K.

"Free video editor - decent alternative"

What do you like best?

This is a decent alternative to other free video editors. I like 2 things about it:

1) you can select areas on the screen where you want to apply special effects and leave he rest of the video untouched.

2) its non-linear format, meaning you can place objects in any position on the timeline and with any size.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use as it is not as intuitive but with a proper video tutorial you will be able to get passed that learning curve.

It’s free to use which is a big plus. The 2 major things I liked and listed above which are very unique to this editor are the non-linear timeline aspect and the ability to select part of the screen for special effects to be applied.

UE
User in E-Learning

"Decent Video Editor"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface is one of the best features. The visual icons are well defined and allow even the most novice user to create a video project with ease.

What do you dislike?

I found the video effects a bit lacking in creativity and style. It would be nice to have some more advanced features included in the free version such as multiple camera editing and motion tracking. I also hate that the playback is no in the main window.

The software has allowed me to produce some professional development videos for my company and the clients I service. I do not have a big budget for high price software and this allowed me to have the educational value without the big price tag.

Rebecca C.

"Great Video Editor"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, does not require specialized hardware to operate

What do you dislike?

The voice-over feature has been buggy for me in the past

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend going through the tutorial prior to using - though it is user-friendly, I needed the additional guidance. The tabs and navigation bar are similar to Word, which is great. Additionally, the newest update has an automatic back-up feature for the current project, which I've found helpful as my laptop has a habit of dying without notice.

It's helping me do my job much more efficiently, which saves time and yields to more productivity overall. It's helping me reach a larger audience with my videos because I can edit and publish content faster.

" VSDC Free Video Editor - Better to Pay"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that it’s easy to sort your project into multiple scenes, and that a significant number of file formats are supported for both importing and exporting. It’s also nice to see such a customizable editor—you can add and remove elements at your leisure. There are some neat effects, too: TV effects allow you to simulate old-style TV signals, and the Instagram-like filters are well-executed.

What do you dislike?

This software comes with some serious limitations, though. For example, you cannot preview a video right in the editor. When you click play to preview, it opens the video in Windows Media Player. Furthermore, previewing and exporting is extremely slow with 4K video in the free version. In fact, it’s so slow that it’s not really practical to edit 4K video. This is because the free version does not enable hardware acceleration, the most efficient way to process your video. You’ll have to pay for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VSDC offers some persuasive advantages over other video editing tools available for Apple Mac. It not only includes basic video editing tools but also provides various advanced video effects for you to apply

It’s great to see a free video editor with so many features, but unfortunately some limitations like the inability to preview directly in the editing view make VSDC difficult to recommend. That’s especially true when other free video editing software doesn’t have these same restrictions. Most people would be better off trading the extra features for more efficient basics.

CM
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"A free, yet, powerful video editor for marketing teams on a budget"

What do you like best?

1) Detailed video tutorials available

2) Responsive support team - via email and Fb messages

3) Lightweightness of the software - runs on my old PC without any problem

What do you dislike?

One in a while the editor simply freezes, but I'm unsure if it's the software or my PC's fault. Can be solved with the autosave option on though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check tutorials available on the website and their YT channel before starting to edit your first video. The interface might look slightly confusing in comparison with Movie Maker or some other video editor you might have been using before.

VSDC helps with short demo and promo videos creation.

"Great for the Price"

What do you like best?

Works pretty good considering that it is a free program. There is a cool little tutorial in the beginning to show you what each of the top features are. I watched all of them and it was informative. I am a beginner when it comes to video editing so I wanted to use this program to create charts and slideshows.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike, although, I am not a "video editing" pro to really fully understand what some of the shortfalls of this program is. Perhaps once I am more seasoned I'll realize more and understand the tools that I will need.

I am creating charts and dynamic models for meetings and I also use the slideshow feature to create videos for our website, showcasing our products.

Alfred G.

"The most affordable among Pro editors"

What do you like best?

Supports files from my action camera. It’s been also fun learning the basics of video editing which I never thought I’d be able to do.

What do you dislike?

Can´t find anything that I dislike in particular, motion tracking is missing, but they commented that it's on thier roadmap

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First give a try to the Free version, it has lots of features

Comes in handy with slideshows and presentations

Adam Q.

"Easy platform - not difficult to learn "

What do you like best?

I liked that the platform was easy to navigate and figure out. It didn’t take longer than an hour or so to really feel comfortable with the program - editing and exporting especially.

What do you dislike?

Even though it’s fairly easy to get around the program as a newbie, I still think the platform could be updated to match other “well-known” softwares for video editing. It’s just a cosmetic thing - nothing really preventing editing and exporting.

Short story ENG videos for interns who are starting out with video editing.

User in Management Consulting

"Good for Youtube uploads"

What do you like best?

I like that its free and very user friendly. You can literally edit any concept and create a custom video.

What do you dislike?

Its the only type of software for video editing that I have ever used so I cant think of any negatives. Because I am really new with this space I think having more tutorials would be useful to really know all that you can do with it....

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really take the time to explore all of the features and utilize tech support.

Its helped my youtube uploads look a lot more professional and polished.

Stephan W.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

An awesome free video suite for Windows. Edit and cut videos to a professional standard, and apply special filters and effects.. The filters are great and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike about this software as it’s easy to use and edit videos.

Editing videos and the filters are awesome and add a great affect !

"The easiest way to make your own movie"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to procede to basic operations thanks to intuitive interface:

Cutting, merging or correction are simple to execute and the tools bar is taylored in a way that suggests the a widely spread possibillities for the user.

This application is very flexible and it is really fun to use. I makes you learn new techniques and practices on editing videos

What do you dislike?

Althought quite simple to use and to master the features seems to be redundant specially for special effects.

I use it to prepare some presentations.

It is more expressive than powepoint

" The best program to edit videos"

What do you like best?

The variety in the formats of edition, the possibility of adding many effects to your videos and being able to export

from the hard drive of the computer or capture videos from the camera or the computer screen.

What do you dislike?

Have work problems when working in Windows 10

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VSDC Free Video Editor has the best professional post-production effects of audio and video, as well as the ability to save your files in 4k resolution

Import video, audio or images from the computer's hard drive or capture video from the camera and the computer screen.

"Good, free alternative for video editing"

What do you like best?

The program was easy to utilize! I was able to begin working on my project immediately without consulting the internet for more information. It was a great alternative to the paid options.

What do you dislike?

It would freeze on me when multiple actions were completed at once. It might have been my computer, but it was the only program running at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As it is free, I highly recommend testing the product out on a minor project to see if you like it!

The benefits: easy to use for beginners and free!

CG
Consultant in Government Administration

"Great product for quick and dirty edits"

What do you like best?

The price is great to cut your teeth on video editing, simple to use and great to use in a pinch.

What do you dislike?

Limited, the free status means there are limitations in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, find the best program for your needs.

We needed to edit something quickly and didn't have a budget for software. Our editor was inexperienced. but the program is intuitive enough for him to easily use the product. We now realize, if we want to continue editing videos we need to invest in software.

fawn d.

"video editor"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use the best.

What do you dislike?

it takes a little while to get used to but once you understand it, it's really simple

I am able to create better videos for my page that's more eye appealing thanks to vsdc.

"Great for making videos"

What do you like best?

I love this program for editing training videos

What do you dislike?

The most of the tutorials are on youtube

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version loses some quality when you finish it.

It makes it easier to train and create marketing videos. We can record and edit videos in house rather than use paying a third party. It has been very cost effective

"VSDC review"

What do you like best?

Free video Capture and you can try the features of the product before buying it.

What do you dislike?

Options for screen recorder need to improve

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use trial version first to familiarize the user to the interface.

Video editing. It helps us create enticing clips for training though am still using a trial version.

UG
User in Government Administration

"A great free tool"

What do you like best?

It has a great range of effects for any type of project. It's also very user friendly and easy to get the hang of.

What do you dislike?

There are some extra steps that you need to export your video projects

It provides a free option for video projects that need to be published

UE
User in Education Management

"Allows you to edit your video in an intuitive way"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and has a lot of options for editing videos

What do you dislike?

It's not as clean looking of a program as other video editors

I've used it in the capacity of teaching. it allows me to edit videos for my students and to make videos of myself teaching

CI
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great software, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love the simple editing feature. Some other programs are hard to use but this one saves time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how easy it is to loose your work. It doesn’t save automatically

The easiness of editing videos for colleagues. It has speed the process up.

User in Consumer Goods

"A editor with excellent effects and transitions "

What do you like best?

I have liked most variety of effects and transitions which easy to master us

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything which unlike me

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing

Some good transition I was used in presentation. Which benefits me to present importance of our products.

User in Information Services

"VSDC VIDEO EDITING"

What do you like best?

VSDC is a user friendly app

Easy to understand how to use it

What do you dislike?

Not all the effect that i need is in this app...

VSDC SOFTWARE help me to convert audio and edit some videos

"Fair Value for Price (or lack of price 😊)"

What do you like best?

.Has been fairly straightforward to use.

What do you dislike?

Can be slightly slowed down at times or certain actions

Has provided a cost free solution to making more marketing material/advertisingp

User in Consumer Goods

"Vsdc free video editor"

What do you like best?

Good editing software for videos. Great for producing content

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be improved to facilitate better experience

Stimulating creativity and creating digital media

"User friendly. Simple interfaceK"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Rich menu options. Easy to install and self taught.e

What do you dislike?

Could have more features to produce more professional videos

Professional video editing.

Learning about VSDC Free Video Editor?

* We monitor all VSDC Free Video Editor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.