FirstRain by Ignite

2.5

FirstRain by Ignite delivers Enterprise Customer Intelligence that makes every sales and marketing professional an expert in their customer's business and in their market

Work for FirstRain by Ignite?

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

FirstRain by Ignite Reviews

Ask FirstRain by Ignite a Question
Showing 4 FirstRain by Ignite reviews
Jack N.

"Amazing marketing insights"

What do you like best?

First Rain allows me to look up each account I have to see what is happening in the industry around them that I can then use as a conversation starter. As a business development rep. it is often tough to keep people on the phone, and by using First Rain I am able to bring up topics that intrigue the potential clients.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I am very happy with First Rain.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely. First Rain provided me with a great insight on potential clients. I would recommend this product to anyone in sales or business development.

I am finding it easier to keep potential clients intrigued and on the phone with me and present myself as "in the loop" and well researched.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FirstRain by Ignite
Michael L.

"Excellent News Tool for Tracking Companies and Industries"

What do you like best?

FirstRain has a very well thought out user interface for displaying information. This includes both textual content and graphical displays for drilling into subjects.

They cover over 200,000 companies with high precision business news. They do a good job of filtering out duplicate stories and suppressing non-business content.

The Industry taxonomy is impressive and much deeper than standard SIC and NAICs codes. This allows the user to track industries (and business topics) in a more granular manner. Unlike standard industry code structures, the FirstRain taxonomy covers emerging industries.

The FirstTweet service has a remarkably high level of precision around company and industry tweets. Tweets either directly mention the company or link to websites that discuss the company.

What do you dislike?

When deduping stories, they do not give precedence to the original story. This is particularly evident for press releases. It would be better to send the user to the press release on the company website or the Press Release service than to sites that do little more than republish other people's content.

The executive changes module is not very accurate. They need to add an editorial review team to make sure they have properly tagged the change.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While FirstRain would like to sell their service to sales reps, they do not provide sufficient company and executive depth for sales reps. Nevertheless, they make an excellent sales triggers and current awareness tool to supplement sales intelligence vendors that lack these tools.

FirstRain is well suited for competitive intelligence and strategy analysts at companies. They provide high precision news alerts and portal tools for tracking companies, industries, and key business topics.

I use FirstRain for tracking companies and business topics. I have found the tagging precision to be quite high with few instances of false positives. I can also see which are the key topics and drill down accordingly.

What Market Intelligence solution do you use?

CP
Consultant in Publishing

"Not worth it. There is a lot of software our there to find leads and they are MUCH cheaper."

What do you like best?

Firstrain provides a feed on my competitor, although it is not accurate enough for me to use in my role. The concept is great, but there are a lot of items that don't belong and the contract they proposed was not in my benefit.

What do you dislike?

I actually spoke to some of their competitors and the main thing that bothered me was that they don't use their own software. They said their reps cold call to find business, whereas the competition used their own software to find deals and contacts that they could close. I asked Firstrain about this and they said they can provide a few opportunities per year, but somehow it doesn't justify using their own software to find business? I couldn't come to terms with this.

Competition was only $30 a month and actually gave me some info on contacts as well, so I couldn't justify presenting features for cost to my research team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and look into research software. Your miles may vary depending on usage but a lot of companies out there are multifaceted.

I need to know about changes in the market landscape so I can make sure our sales and marketing strategy are on the same page.

C

"Not very useful, there are better options out there."

What do you like best?

This product pulls news subscriptions and blogs from the web and filters them for you. The best is when they email the brief so I don't have to go into salesforce.

What do you dislike?

This software is very clumsy to use. It was hard to get it going and I ended getting a news feed like Google Alerts. I played with the settings and I just don't find this product useful enough to use. I did end up going with InsideView after a trial because it also gave me intelligence on how to contact a person when I have information. It was the completely package for us. I love InsideView and hoping more people consider it over firstrain.

I don't understand how this company charges twice as much as InsideView and GageIn while have less capabilities. If you do your research there are some good products out there.

Helping our customer understand more of our products.

There are not enough reviews of FirstRain by Ignite for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

DiscoverOrg Logo
DiscoverOrg
(1,760)
DiscoverOrg provides accurate, integrated, and actionable sales and marketing intelligence - including in-depth company, contact, org charts, and buying trigger data.
ZoomInfo Logo
ZoomInfo
(1,131)
ZoomInfo is a growth acceleration platform delivering accurate and actionable contact and business information to empower your sales, marketing, and recruiting teams.
InsideView Logo
InsideView
InsideView gathers real time, social and business sales intelligence from more sources than any competitor, by far, and delivers it right into your sales rep's desktops and mobile devices - online or inside your CRM.
Clearbit Logo
Clearbit
Clearbit provides a suite of integrations and business intelligence APIs that help sales and marketing teams become more data-driven.
Adobe Campaign Logo
Adobe Campaign
4.0
New Adobe Campaign, formerly Neolane, lets you orchestrate personalized experiences determined by the customer’s habits and preferences.
LeadIQ Logo
LeadIQ
Automating sales prospecting. Capture leads, discover contact information, and enrich leads within seconds.
Lead411 Logo
Lead411
Lead411 provides sales intelligence and company contacts.
Terminus ABM Platform Logo
Terminus ABM Platform
The only end-to-end account-based marketing platform that enables you to identify and prioritize best-fit accounts, engage them with a multi-channel approach, activate sales for personalized outreach, and measure ABM programs at every level of your business.
UpLead Logo
UpLead
4.8
UpLead is an online B2B data provider & sales intelligence platform that gives you full access to over 30 million verified B2B business contacts and companies to connect with instantly.
RingLead Logo
RingLead
Dedupe your database. In the Cloud. No Software.

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

* We monitor all FirstRain by Ignite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.