Field Nation

Field Nation

With over 100,000 field service technicians nationwide to choose from, you can find experienced on-site and on-demand technicians that you need for your project.

Work for Field Nation?

Learning about Field Nation?

Field Nation Reviews

Ask Field Nation a Question
Showing 159 Field Nation reviews
Field Nation review by Stephen A.
Stephen A.

"Good Resource for Resources"

What do you like best?

There is a vast array of people available on it to potentially distribute work to. It is very easy to set up a job and load money to the account. It is also easy to set up users and other information about your business.

What do you dislike?

The hefty rates of 10% and credit fees become burdensome for using the database. Most resources you contact will want to go through your organization directly after a first-time agreement for work. The money is loaded like a bank account, sometimes impossible to ever "empty" or use up for projects and you may have leftover funds. You will get a check if you wish to withdraw.

The job "distribution" also needs some work. It seems like the job would be sent automatically to the best candidate, but most of the resources only ever use FieldNation to gain the contact with businesses, so you are better off calling individuals than you are waiting for them to assign themselves to a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for projects that involve networking/cabling or IT-related services. There is a vast array of people available on it, and everyone will seem qualified and ready to take on jobs. The best way to get resources would be to contact a few and see which seem eager and ready to work for you.

Field Nation offers an easy interface to vet resources and distribute jobs. It makes it easy to augment your staffing with project resources for temporary jobs or when in need of quick help.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Field Nation
Field Nation review by Trent R.
Trent R.

"Field Nation is great in some ways but can improve in others."

What do you like best?

I like the massive base of workers that immediately apply for work orders. There are a wide verity of workers ranging in skill sets that can complete just about any task that you have.

What do you dislike?

Some of the workers will request any job even though they do not know how to do the task. I would like if the skills advertised on these workers had to be proven with work experience and/or certifications. Once you have a talent pool it is a great tool and would highly recommend it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you try the service out. You really need to be careful on who you chose to do the job, but like I said before, once you have a talent pool that you trust, it is a valuable asset.

We currently do not have enough engineers to handle the on-site work,this is where Field nation steps in.

What Freelance Management Platforms solution do you use?

Field Nation review by Kelli K.
Kelli K.

"Field nation improvements"

What do you like best?

Ease in posting a work order and the ability to see the providers used previously and the ability to message them as well. Also providing phone numbers so the techs can be reached and communicated with prior to having the work order dispatched I can call my favorite tech to see if he or she is available in the area where help is needed. Support has been very helpful when the platform switched and I struggled with set up. They guided me through understanding the layout and also interpreting the pay out, which I still find somewhat of a struggle.

What do you dislike?

How the work order is displayed with payment information also history. the history is more for an IT person than someone looking for answers

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN THE INS AND OUTS, AND SUPPORT IS HELPFUL IN RESOLVING ISSUES

getting techs to do work orders on break fixes

Field Nation review by Kristina G.
Kristina G.

"Field Nation"

What do you like best?

The networking of techs across the United States at the accessibility of our fingertips. I like the reviews and profiles we are given of each technician that allows us to feel like we know the tech on a more personal level. I like that techs can be reviewed, giving us a better idea of who we are hiring on for a job.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to verify the technicians prior to hire. Often times, it is difficult to get techs to complete the required deliverables and get work orders closed out. Having only a phone number for techs makes getting in contact sometimes difficult.

We have jobs across the United States and Field Nation gives us access to people all around the nation. This allows us to get our jobs done in a timely manner and at a reasonable price.

Field Nation review by Juan A.
Juan A.

"Field Nation - Great Service"

What do you like best?

I am able to view the qualifications of the Tech's before I send them out to a job site. I can accomplish tasks in remote locations without having to spend to send one of my own Tech out. Creating a work order and getting it assigned is quick and essay. A++++

What do you dislike?

I don't like how high some of the Tech start as their asking price but I get that this is not an issue with Field Nation itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have work that needs to be done in an office where you don't have people, I would suggest you at least try Field Nation. it actually works.

We have been able to quickly and efficiently get hands and eyes on an issue that would otherwise be much more costly. We save money and keep a happy customer.

Field Nation review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"Great Platform with Great Results"

What do you like best?

Field Nation has a fast and broad platform that has every function and detail needed for a business to run smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Deliverable information is the kind of info we need as a company to know exactly what is going on. The ability to develop more "custom" type field would be highly appreciated. The lack thereof is a bit disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Very user-friendly, and the FN Support team is always available to troubleshoot any issue you may face.

We are experiencing a lot more growth with incoming jobs/services that need a large amount of tracking. Field Nation meets that high expectation of providing a service for thorough information archiving for future use. A huge benefit to the platform is that previous records are auto saved that we can always refer back to.

Field Nation review by Megan T.
Megan T.

"User friendly platform that makes it easy to expedite our processes. "

What do you like best?

I like that is user-friendly and easy to use. Really fast customer service and feedback from the field nation team If I ever have a question. The team has even taken time ot call me to explain certain features or answer my questions. We can adjust our fees in ways we havent been able to do before using other platforms. Our Processes have really been streamlined in a way that makes working easier than ever and tremendiously more organized than ever before.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we can't create a work order that lasts for more than one day. Sometimes the platform can be expensive. We are eating a cost to keep some of our 1099 technicians but we're also making up on it in other ways. One other thing that would improve the platform is being able to have some sort of data base where we can store more information for our technicians that are our company specific. Other than these issues the platform is great.

The ability to schedule and pay technicians all in one shot makes using this platform worth it. Before Field Nation Resource Solutions Group had to use 3 different platforms to do business. Now that we have cut down on our costs using other platforms we can really streamline our resources in new and innovative ways that our company has not been able to do in the past few years.

Field Nation review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"I love Field Nation, but interface needs work"

What do you like best?

There are TONS of contractors available to work with anything IT. Every job I've put on FN, I get multiple people applying so I can pick and choose which one is best (and closest) to the job

What do you dislike?

Their user interface needs work. A lot of repetitive typing. Forget trying to setup a job from your phone. On my iPhone, the boxes won't let me type anything in. If they fixes that problem, I would give this an A+

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend it

I'm one person and I can't be everywhere at once. For job walks 50 miles away, I cannot make those so I hire techs on field nation. Saves me time and money

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The platform is user friendly. It took very little time for me and our other employees to learn how to navigate through Field Nation.

What do you dislike?

That providers are allowed to provide very little information on their profile/resume's. There should be a questionnare or something similar that all providers on field nation are required to fill out. Field Nation support is not very helpful because it usually takes at least a few hours to get an answer back. If you have an urgent issue or question you are left guessing and researching on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Providers all over the country, with a lot of quality providers. Just be sure to do your research on the providers that requested the work order before assigning it to some one.

We are able to service our accounts in remote locations because field nation has providers all over the country. This has helped us service accounts we thought we wouldn't be able to get to.

"Large Network"

What do you like best?

I like the wide network of contractors that Field nation provides. My clients are located all across the US and Canada and Field Nation has workers in almost every segment - some of them are not qualified and need vetting, but after experience and leg work in the markets you come to know who to use and who to avoid.

What do you dislike?

Some of dislikes revolve around the platform. I find it not to be the easiest to navigate at times and the feedback from the provider side is more of the same. The response time when Reporting a Problem needs to improve. I find the platform not allowing me to preform operation critical tasks with tight deadlines to meet. There is little wiggle-room on FN and when I need to unassign a provider or report a problem, the fields alotted all put the issue on the provider and we have had providers blocked/suspended for issues that are not their fault resulting in providers refusing to work with us

Recommendations to others considering the product

FN will charge 11% to your providers entire Work Order. make sure your providers know that this applies to Parking, Tolls, Materials, etc. beforhand to avoid issues.

FN helps to solve the issues of tapping into a wide network of contractors who have varying expertise and experiences. We are able to tell our client that we can provide coverage in almost all of their markets. Rates and qualifications vary, but again after some time in the market, we can usually find someone.

Field Nation review by Consultant

"Organized and Quick"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can message the techs if I need something. Having the deliverables almost instantaneously is awesome as well because if there is an issue it can be addressed quickly. The process of approving everything is quick and efficient. I'm able to go in every morning and figure out if there were issues or if I could approve the work order and close it out.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that if the site has to be pulled from a tech due to a CUSTOMER issue it only gives negative causes to the tech. There's no option to say "Customer driven issue - tech not at fault". It requires a phone call to FieldNation so that it doesn't negatively effect the techs. It should be one of the options.

Volume - we have more techs through FieldNation in smaller areas available than through our system. It's nice to have another option with FieldNation.

Field Nation review by Douglas R.
Douglas R.

"Field Nation Offers a Turnkey Solution To Building a Skilled Labor Force"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Field Nation is the ability to staff service calls and installations on a nationwide level. In today's business world, to exist and stay in the game we need to go beyond our local territory and get business on a national level and without a platform such as Field nation it would be totally impossible. Only Field Nation offers a Field Service Provider such as myself the ability to take on projects on a national level with confidence knowing that I can find the right technician for the job.

What do you dislike?

There are not too many things I dislike about Field Nation. Pretty much any negative issue I find a work around to. I would like the providers on Field Nation not to add skill sets to their profiles that are not accurate. To increase their ability to find more jobs they add skill sets that they don't really possess then think they can learn on the job or in a quick YouTube video which is totally false. Also, many of the providers don't realize that they are self employed independent contractors and need to act the part. They need to know that they are committed to their business just like any entrepreneur and not to expect to be treated like an employee. Sometimes they feel as though they can have their cake and eat it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Field Nation is a tool and like any tool you need to learn to use it. Once you master this tool you will accomplish anything.

I get my clients sites staffed fast with the right technicians for the job. Normally, this would be virtually impossible. With Field Nation I have an instant nationwide workforce available to me at anytime. I can even build teams and with the Talent Pools feature it is a snap. As a result my business is growing more and more and I keep my clients happy and their clients happy as well.

Field Nation review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"FN has proven to be a great resource!"

What do you like best?

Coming from another industry where we had to scour the internet for providers, unsure of the quality we would ultimately end up with, FN has proven to be a great resource! This being a newer industry to me, and immediately jumping into using a platform like FN has been a learning curve. I like being able to source quality providers, manage and pay work orders from one place. If there are any issues with a work order, Field Nation is quick to rectify any situation by getting both sides of the story and finding the best solution. You also have the ability to block providers from specific projects or the entire company, or if there is a technician you really like completing your work you can add them to talent pools which help you filter from potential and experienced technicians for your job.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the newest update to the provider profiles, specifically the main page. If someone has been blocked by a single project, you cannot see which project it is by. The only way to view who blocked the provider/when, is if they were blocked company wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to click around, and familiarize yourself with this platform before diving head first. There are many features that you can learn by doing this.

Several business problems are being solved by using Field Nation, such as sourcing providers, managing and paying work orders in one place, as well as having the work order to go back and reference in the future.

Field Nation review by Mandy M.
Mandy M.

"Changing the way we do business"

What do you like best?

Field Nation has a wide variety of technicians in all 50 States, we are able to not only apply for work but also to put work out to be completed in our denser populated areas of support.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a mobile app for purchasers, I complete alot of work from my mobile device while I'm on the go and going through the website causes delays and a ton of unnecessary scrolling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, there is really no risk to go in and see the quality of the technician on this platform. You have their contact information to call and interview them prior to assignment so the only way you are really going to fail is if you personally don't do your homework when researching a technician.

We are able to find worker in areas that we didn't have a huge presence prior to field nation.

Field Nation review by Cedrich U.
Cedrich U.

"Excellent Platform providing excellent providers"

What do you like best?

Greatly helps our company locate the best skilled providers within each state to assist us in fixing numerous issues. Helps us get to our customers in a timely manner, most especially during urgent issues/outages

What do you dislike?

Some providers are unprofessional and cannot follow instructions. Not a lot of negative comments to write as the Field Nation support team has been excellent with their response time on Work order problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Field Nation as an excellent source for local providers to assist with your company needs.

Low voltage Cabling, Network troubleshooting, Network Switch installations, Access Point installations, server replacements, fiber cabling, General Wiring, etc

Field Nation review by David J.
David J.

"Great App for Finding Qualified Technicians "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use this app to find technicians and work assignments that are aligned with my experience. Employers can track the progress of my work and I can use the app to communicate with my employers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes there are so many assignments posted that I am constantly getting notifications, but I understand there is a way to turn off the flood of emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try and grow your business

Because of Field Nation, I was able to accept assignments in multiple states because I knew Field Nation had techs working those areas.

Field Nation review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Does what is needed"

What do you like best?

Setting up and managing work orders is easy enough, managing payments is the easiest feature.

What do you dislike?

Finding a new tech in an area is a pain and the management of qualified people is brutal. Skill listings have nothing behind them but people's words they can do work, which doesn't always work out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only concern is a lack of reporting on performance of technicians. Short of manually tracking things on a spreadsheet, there's no way to know if folks are on time, completeing jobs properly, etc, especially real time when you have them going to out to important jobs.

We use Fieldnation to manage equipment installations and basic repairs that don't require someone trained on our type of equipment. We've reduced costs to install a new unit by almost $40 on average over the last 3 years.

Field Nation review by John C.
John C.

"Detailed, organized and well presented"

What do you like best?

I like that the website is very well organised and easy to use. It gives you various ways to search for technicians based on locations, ratings, or if already used in the past. It is also easy to create service requests and the website itself is well constructed.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would change is to have the opportunity to set up and automated emailing system whenever someone responds to a request or message to you. This way you do not have to check the website itself every so often to see if there is an update.

We have booked technicians to go to our clients sites to fix hardware issues or troubleshooting. We have found many very competent, and easy going people to assist us at fair deals and able to respond to us quickly.

Field Nation review by Andrea W.
Andrea W.

"Field Nation is great!"

What do you like best?

I mainly use this from an AP perspective, but it is super easy to use and the technicians are great. I love how the website works!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have to put the technician costs to a job and by the time we get the final cost the job (if a T&M might be closed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Currently, I would have no recommendations. The website is very easy to use and I have had nothing but smooth sailing!

We do work in a lot of different states and the technicians working all over are so great to work with through the website. We also love how we get a grade from Field Nation as well. We have always had an A grade. It is extremely easy to add funds.

Field Nation review by Todd S.
Todd S.

"Field Nation Platform, Functionality and Support"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use once you get accustomed to the new look and feel and it offers just about everything needed and the support is fantastic and timely. I have been scheduling techs for over 15 years and this has made life easier.

What do you dislike?

available pay break down options with a "conditional" option

Not having phone numbers to call the techs in a P1 situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great!

Easy to find a tech if you post the job at night and by morning you have some interests.

Field Nation review by Josiah H.
Josiah H.

"Remote Hands"

What do you like best?

We are able to use Field Nation to act as out IT hands at our remote site. This allows us to provide quick, professional help to our users.

What do you dislike?

When needing to do a larger more complex issue, there is no ability to filter out people that do not meet certain technical requirements.

Expanding our IT team. This allows us to get the best results as we havee mayn locations and keeping IT staff near by for onsite work is just not possible. Filed Nation helps us reolve that.

Field Nation review by Ty B.
Ty B.

"Great Platform for Staffing Solutions"

What do you like best?

Field Nation's marketplace provides a sense of freedom and accessibility to a strong nationwide footprint.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we have ran across providers on Field Nation who are unprofessional and could hurt us as a company, but for the most part this is rare. Also, the ability for providers to cancel orders to take another one. This can be a negative to the way our business operates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We work in retail remodeling. It would be helpful for FN to develop more people who specialize in skilled positions like fixture installation and merchandising

Field Nation serves as a great means for us to supplement work and staff hard to reach areas. We have found a strong span of employees who are reliable and provide excellent work.

Field Nation review by Lori G.
Lori G.

"Field Nation Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to schedule technicians basically anywhere, even on short notice.

What do you dislike?

My concern is that when we have blocked a technician for being scheduled by our organization, he or she still appears and is being scheduled. This is a last resort and we would only do this with a valid reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing that would make things easier is a better way to filter when searching for providers. I am experiencing difficulty building filters for this purpose.

We are solving the time sensitivity required to handle some of our sites we are given with short notice, while being able to provide excellent service. The benefits include tracking effectively, scheduling quickly, and assistance from the Field Nation Team when problems arise.

Field Nation review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Connect America Medical Alert"

What do you like best?

We have a vast amount of techs across the country available to complete proposed work orders. They are always available and have shown professionalism each time we have used them. I would recommend any company that needs technical support to use Field Nation

What do you dislike?

It's not much that i dislike about Field Nation. If I had to leave one thing they can improve is maybe having more techs available in Canada

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company that uses Medical equipment can benefit using Field Nation. They ensure the customer understands the product and make sure it is set up and working properly

By working as a team with Field Nation we are ensuring the clients we service are being protected and educated on our products

Field Nation review by User

"Works well, when the tech works well. "

What do you like best?

It is nice that there is multiple options for technicians and it shows a good skill set and there are typically lots of options to choose from

What do you dislike?

There is no way to verify what a provider says. They may have or may not have the experience listed and that can be frustrating especially when you are working in a market where that experience is necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you get a tech that has done jobs that are listed as your needs. Some of them lie and don't bring tools listed.

Having a growing company where it is not rational to have a full time tech in a certain city, but we are getting jobs out there.

Field Nation review by Internal Consultant in Law Practice
Internal Consultant in Law Practice

"Able to find appropriate and professional technicians in rural areas"

What do you like best?

Streamlined process for finding technicians for large loss and small loss items. Especially helpful in finding technicians for losses at rural and/or remote areas. The ability to list a job in almost any location certainly helps us and helps relieve the stress of personally locating a technician for the assignment.

What do you dislike?

Bartering/ price negotiations with technicians. Wish there was a streamlined pricing structure for certain classification of jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you are doing!

Finding technicians quickly. Able to turn assignments around faster with the work they complete. Helps make assignment turn around periods a lot faster. This allows us to function more efficiently as a company. Over all I am highly satisfied with field nation.

Field Nation review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great solution to find contractors nationwide"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the portal, just create fill out a few fields and list the work order. Instantly posted to the job board and seen by many potentials. Field Nation staff are quick to help find contractors for the work orders. They handle all the payments and 1099 for the contractors. There are even background checked and drug tested contractors available, Field Nation takes care of all that.

What do you dislike?

Having to prepay funds for work. Sometimes the work gets filled through our other channels and we can't get those funds back easily. Mainly its just an accounting issue. We now have to treat Field Nation as a "bank" with oir accounting and just keep funds there. Also, there isn't always someone qualified or even anyone available in the area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to make sure there are contractors for your type of work needed.

Able to offer services nationwide and increase our available talent resource without having to hire anyone.

Field Nation review by User

"Loved the Field Nation Team!"

What do you like best?

Field Nation is easy to use and the team there is extremely helpful. They did a great job making sure that our first jobs done using Field Nation went as smoothly as possible. I really liked the market comparisons that they provided so that I could easily see how to price jobs in different areas.

What do you dislike?

We had complications with one of our installs and the particular team hired was a little impatient about it. Understandable and not really a reflection on Field Nation itself, but it was really the only negative thing I have experienced during my usage of Field Nation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start-up on Field Nation was fast and painless. In every aspect that related to Field Nation directly, the process was smooth. The guidelines provided for how to post good jobs were clear and simple and their support team was friendly and very helpful. They walked us through everything and then followed up with us to make sure that everything was going smooth and we didn't have any questions. Our business model is such that we don't have to use them often, but the service is extremely valuable when we do need it. I would absolutely recommend their service to anyone who needs a cost-effective way to have remote work done.

Field Nation and its network of contractors helps our team do remote network and IT installs without having to fly one of our own techs on-site.

Field Nation review by Administrator

"Ease of use in web portal"

What do you like best?

I like how the field nations web portal is laid out. It is very easy to maneuver around through the portal. I am able to see everything I need regarding what I am looking for in a specific tech, what their background is like, what they are able to do or not do. I like how I am able to see when my tech checks in to do a job and when they leave. It helps us greatly to be able to upload photos.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything that I dislike about the web site besides, when I am looking at the technician's info the top menu goes away and when I click the back button, it takes me all the way back to the flight board. Another thing I don't like but is not to big of a deal, is the fact that the Field Nation phone application is not like the web portal, where we can go in to look at our jobs for the day. I suppose this is only for the tech to look at and not the end user. I notice sometimes that when we try to hire a tech for a specific job, the distance is not always up to date from where the tech actually is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe let the end user be able to use the mobile app as well as the tech is we are offsite.

We are working with techs to implement new VoIP systems for our customers who are looking to work with us and manage their network. We help them with the installation of equipment and direction of how we need to have the equipment installed.

Field Nation review by Administrator

"Great interface to make good decisions for my customers"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to choose people that will fit best with my customer. It is also nice to be able to ask questions and receive multiple bids for the work I am trying to hire out for. It also give my company a local presence feel because I can speak with the tech prior to the work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes peoples profiles are incorrect and there is a technology gap. Another issue is we take great care to price out the work that we need to do for our customers and when people are sending back bids it gives the impression that they dont value your time and effort into making sure a fair price is made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to use for small to medium businesses that dont have the financial backing to hire a full time employee

Remote hands is a big problem in my business and with Field Nation I am able to bridge that gap, it is super nice to be able to specify exactly what you need on a job site and have these individuals go out plug you into the router/switch allow you to configure what you need to. A perfect example of this was my last job I used field nation for was we could not access a router and sent a field nation tech onsite, he was able to console cable me right into the router and within mins I fixed the issue and re established my remote connectivity. Something so simple for the tech to do but it was a pain point with the customer going on for weeks.

Field Nation review by Administrator

"Customization of Reporting is Fantastic for Finances"

What do you like best?

Being able to customize a report for the financial side of Field Nation has been a huge asset. We utilize the different reports depending on what we are doing on the Financial side. Also, the reports have been very useful to keep track of any and all jobs that are being done through their company. There are an infinite amount of reports that any administrator can pull to keep track of the jobs, costs, or who has been doing the jobs. As well as what users are scheduling the jobs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is frustrating about Field Nation, it that it periodically has an update to their web portal. When this happens, it takes way longer than it should to find where things can be accessed.

Field Nation is helping with the repairs of our products. This is also helping us minimize the costs associated with this. We do not have to hire on a technician that will charge us two times the cost that Field Nation does.

Field Nation review by User

"Field Nation has been very helpful for Tech resources in other cities"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that Field Nation has been involved and it's not just a contact exchange. When I've had issues with Techs, Field Nation has reached out to correct the issues

What do you dislike?

I've had a few highly rated techs simply no show or no call on me. I've generally been able to find other more reliable techs, and this is definitely the exception not the norm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of your needs and requirements for your project before using field nation.

My main issue is finding skilled techs in other parts of the country. I have smaller jobs and can't afford to fly people across the country all the time.

"Amazing "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is so easy to find a provider anywhere in the country and also easy communication between myself and the provider, Also the communicating on the portal is so easy and convenient

What do you dislike?

I Dislike the fact the there are few providers that are very unprofessional

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very convenient and an Amazing Portal, Easy to use and you get a lot of support from the Admin staff as well.

We have Senior Clients unable to set up their medical devices, Field Nation has made it easy to find a Provider anywhere in the country and Canada close enough to help install the medical devices

Field Nation review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Great for freelancers"

What do you like best?

The ability to adjust my schedule as life and my other business en-devours is great. There are many jobs that I would have never connected too without this platform.

What do you dislike?

The 10% fee, especially on parts I buy for the customer gets old.

The WEB GUI is very old technology. It is slow to refresh and is completely static. It is often slow in updating. This poor and amateurish style shows a low commitment to professionalism and technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the details of your orders. There are a lot of buyers out there trying to low ball the jobs.

I don't have to track down people for invoices!

Field Nation review by Ray K.
Ray K.

"Market place for high tech resources"

What do you like best?

What I like most with Field Nations is their ability to connect high tech resources with employers across the nation. The online tool is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more historical data of past jobs, so I can research accurately price my work orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest way to hire temporary resources across the nation. This allows your business to grow and scale almost immediately without carrying burden costs.

Field Nations solves our problem of having to dispatch a high tech skillset resource across the nation for a job. This saves us travel costs on projects that spread across different states.

Field Nation review by Brandelion T.
Brandelion T.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use platform, gives a lot of different options for technicians, their support is quick to respond to problems.

What do you dislike?

Some of the techs are not so great so maybe be a little more picky with what techs you allow on this platform?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy to use, highly recommended!

Fixing CCTV security systems. Makes it easy to get a tech out to fix problems we face.

"Great FN Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the platforms as it allows to look up engineers/technicians by zip code and number of work they have done and how they have been ranked by others

What do you dislike?

It takes a litte while to get use to it and some things like case numbers may be a bit hard to find if you are not familiar with the platform

We are a small company who services lot of client in Houston as well in other parts of the United States. Field Nations allows us to locate people who are qualified to do the job in other cities and cutting down on travel expenses

Field Nation review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"Experience and Accessibility"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use Field Nation. Everything from creating work orders to paying the people we've contracted.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is if I have to unpublish a work order for any reason I loose the people that have already applied for it. They have to reapply/put their bid in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have access to so many professionals and the ability to manage many different work orders. It is a robust tool that allows you to maximize your business.

We have access to experienced professionals across the country so we are able to serve our customers quicker and with a higher satisfaction rate.

Field Nation review by User

"Detailed and easy to follow. Love how fast it is to find people. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to find people very easily and to be able to hire them within a few minutes. I also enjoy the new mileage.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that FN takes 10-12% from the techs because then they increase their price in the job posting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to lower the price I would say that I like the way the price is easy to see.

We need techs that are able to go out in sticky situations and to go to places that are hard to get to. It is sometimes difficult to find people but this website solves that problem.

Field Nation review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Good platform but they are pushy"

What do you like best?

Ability to find workers in the market that I am in

What do you dislike?

Sales people are pushy. Seemed insecure. They called me once, I informed them of my intentions. Not long after, I received an email to basically sell their service to me again. I thought I was clear during the phone call what my intentions were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform

None and none.

Field Nation review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Field Nation's Support team is INCREDIBLE!"

What do you like best?

We have nothing short of remarkable customer support with Field Nation. They are always available & happy to help walk/talk you through any part of any process. Field Nation makes themselves regularly available to answer any questions & never hesitates to organize a training course tailored to your specific needs.

What do you dislike?

To date, I have no complaints...they are terrific!

We had a multi-platform issue...Field Nation made it go away. We were forced to use a sperate platform for W2 versus 1099 billing. Field Nation allows us to keep track of all our contractors & projects on one easy-to-use platform.

Field Nation review by Allison S.
Allison S.

"I enjoy using FN to find technicians to perform inspections for our company"

What do you like best?

I like how large the pool of techs on FN is. When I post a work order technicians get back to me so quickly

What do you dislike?

I think the interface could use some work. It is not the most user friendly interface I have seen.

We are able to quickly and easily find technicians to help us with damage assessments.

Field Nation review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Easy and Business Friendly"

What do you like best?

Field Nation provides the best selection of service technicians for practically any city in the US. We haven't come across a region that we haven't been able to provide professional technical support yet.

What do you dislike?

Some technicians provide information on their profiles that isn't accurate, which leads to occasionally hiring a technician that isn't qualified. Field Nation is always helpful in resolving any issues though. There is a slight learning curve to hiring the right people.

We install network equipment for restaurants, and Field Nation allows us to do this without having huge travel and employee costs.

Field Nation review by Amy A.
Amy A.

"One of the most sleek platforms for scheduling technicians..."

What do you like best?

While using Field Nation, I enjoy the fact that my work order is published to some of the best technicians in the area where the project is established.

What do you dislike?

Overall, performance is great. However, I would like to see more detailed descriptions of related jobs so we may schedule appropriately.

We are solving logistics issues within our department.

Field Nation review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Amazing for new providers not knowing we’re to start and having no or little clientele. Great for companies in a pickle because none of their usual contractors are available.

What do you dislike?

I feel 10% is kind of a big chunk to take from the contractors.

Field Nation review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"My experience has been great and easy. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about the platform is how I'm able to communicate and access techs immediately. The best way to source techs and check out his background and work history.

What do you dislike?

there's not much I can think of that I don't like. I appreciate what this platform has done for me and the company that I'm working for.

I use field nation on a daily basis to find those "hard to find" technicians in areas like Klamath Falls, OR or people in Alaska. It has been a miracle when sourcing all techs.

Field Nation review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Field Nation - Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of finding a technician with a quality rating, that fits the job requirements of what we've set to be standard. The route options are organized in a way that you can find the best option for a technician, with very little effort.

What do you dislike?

I have users that no longer exist in the user list, that are showing on the approval grading reports. Those users we've seen have been removed for over a years time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you'll like it!

We're able to schedule technicians much quicker than using partner companies.

Field Nation review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"user friendly"

What do you like best?

easy to navigate and check the status of your work orders

What do you dislike?

reporting or escalating an issue. sometimes we don't get a direct response.

IT/Data Centers. We can source for an FE pretty much anywhere in the US, although it is challenging on some remote areas, but there is still a chance to find one.

Field Nation review by Michael O.
Michael O.

"Field Nation works for us"

What do you like best?

The ability create job templates for various job types and customers.

What do you dislike?

Having to stock the bank, so to say. The need to prepay for services.

We have need of contingent workforce to meet the needs of our clients. Field Nation gives us access to thousands of contractors that effectively augment our W2 employees.

Field Nation review by User

"Excellent Source of Skilled Labor"

What do you like best?

I like the ratings system the best. Being able to tell what the resource skill are and their reliability at a glance make things a lot easier

What do you dislike?

The messaging system definitely can use some revamping. Im not sure how it is seen on the app side but I have written numerous messaged to resources and have never got a response via the messaging system.

Having resources available nationwide is a huge problem solver as we grow our business. It allows us to assist clients where we are not specifically headquartered.

* We monitor all Field Nation reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.