Expensify Reviews & Product Details

UF
What do you like best?

Simple for employees to input expenses and receipts, mobile app makes it fast while on the go and the automation with reading receipt images works well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Backend communication to our accounting team is still a little long, had to work out a few kinks in how they categorize expenses vs what expensifies asks employees to enter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entering expenses is no longer a burden, finance sees more in real time and not a large bulk import at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expensify Overview

What is Expensify?

Easily manage expenses, pay bills, send invoices, and book travel – all within Expensify. - Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's SmartScan technology captures the details. Better yet, get the Expensify Card and say goodbye to receipts forever. - Expense management: Expensify codes and submits business expenses for easy approval, next-day reimbursement, and automatic sync with accounting software. - Bill payment: Expensify captures details from vendor bills for automatic approval and payment. - Invoicing: Create and send invoices, while collecting payments and syncing automatically to your accounting software. - Travel booking: Concierge books your flights, hotels, and cars for you in one simple chat. Don't believe us? Even G2 Crowd uses Expensify! Contact us at sales@expensify.com to start a free trial!

Expensify Details

Import expenses directly from a credit card to create free expense reports quickly with Expensify. Approve reports online and reimburse directly to a checking account with one click.

Users love our product
Rapid reimbursement
Easy to set up
No implementation cost
Cost-efficient when comparing all the costs
Unlimited receipt scans
Businesses that adopt Expensify see a 598% return on their investment (Forrester TEI Report, 2017)

Expensify

Showing 2,634 Expensify reviews
Showing 2,634 reviews
Already have Expensify?
Senior Scientist I, Computational Chemistry
What do you like best?

The ability to link cards to the app and take pictures of the receipts makes reimbursement or logging expenses extremely easy. The chat help within the tool is also great! I've reached out a couple times to help understand how to split receipts or what to do when it encountered an error. Everyone I chatted with was extremely friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I do not like about expesify. Everything has been amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I go on business trips I use expensify to track all my purchases like airfare, food, hotel, travel to and from the airport. This is a great tool to monitor what is spent and easily share with our financing team. It also really helps when going on outtings with coworkers as we don't have to worry about splitting bills or ensuring things are approved since we can attach our company card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Been using it for years and it works. My team mostly uses it, but sometimes it is glitchy.

It makes Expense gathering easy.

Approvals are simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The last 6 months or so we have been having issues with it not working.

We were trying it out for mileage tracking as a Motus alternative, but it just didn't work.

Support has been an issue as well. We can never get a live person to help our admins, and it feels like we wait DAYS for a response to a problem. (I know not everything can be easily fixed and may take a couple days, BUT I am just asking for a response to our issues)

Their new push for us to use their expense card is the last straw for us... they are DOUBLING our price unless we use it.

NO! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need support, look elsewhere... but if you have a team who have used it before, then it will rock great... onboarding may be a bit slow...

Watch out for price increases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

expense tracking

expense reimbursement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Expensify
Senior Director of Postsecondary
What do you like best?

I absolutely love Expensify. It is the most efficient and effective expense management platform I've used. From uploading or taking receipts, to expense coding, to reimbursement submittal, Expensify makes for a hassel-free experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't use organizational emails for personal accounts if your organization doesn't use the Expensify platform. Even with a corporate email, you have to have pre-approval, and they don't have a request function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

electronic receipts (e.g. Lyft) aren't as effective in auto-populating the expense info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gathering receipts and coding had been a hassle in the past, and no other platform I used had a simplified phone app that allowed for quick pictures, easy info input, and quick submission. This combines all of that in one, and I no longer have to worry about tracking down receipts, matching pictures, worrying if my submission total matched my receipts. They're automatically scanned in through Expensify. Additionally, it is extremely efficient to submit expenses to managers for approval.t Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

I like the ease of adding receipts to the site. I can forward email receipts or take pictures on my cell phone and email them to the program. Much easier than stacks of receipts waiting to be scanned in! It also categorizes the receipts by destination and type of service or good paid for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system registers charges as duplicates even if they are from different days. The auto-fill function does not recognize logos and store names sometimes and it has to be entered manually anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have noticed that Expensify makes changes to the actual accounts when new policies and procedures are added to the system. My account has had many changes that I did not agree too which in turn led to my administrator not being able to receive me reports correctly. It was all a new part of the system that was added - but I should have the choice to update my settings not Expensify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No more receipt piles and no more forgotten receipts in email. I can just forward them along when I receive them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consultant, Restructuring Management Office
Airlines/Aviation
What do you like best?

Easy to use app. Been using it for more than 3 years and is extremely useful while traveling.

Keep all my expenses in check with multiple currencies.

Support is great. Alissa from Support response to my feedback almost immediately to ensure all issues can be resolved quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The latest update is a bit sluggish and requires some minor tweaking as it often restarts upon launching the app.

Also the UI shouldn't be too complicated as the previous home screen is much easier to key in expense at one tap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The scan and record function is extremely useful. Any purchases can be converted into expensify log item by just a click of a photo. You can also forward to their email for receipt received as an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All expenses covered and the app allows me to produce monthly or annual reports on my expenses. Easy to keep track on claims. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The great thing about this app is that it allows you to input receipts and you are able to get your expense reports all automatically. Furthermore, the whole system is really simple to use, and it's almost self-explanatory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often it will take a little bit of time to input your receipts; at first, it can seem like the system is only refusing to do something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is quick to catch receipts, as you can simply take a picture of the receipt and send it to the specified email for the receipt to be released. To sum up, it is a digital way of tracking and managing expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the platform, being able to use a well built mobile app or a powerful desktop experience. The automations have proved to be a real time saver and a smile maker for me. Also the UI is clean and modern and feels very user focussed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have used this for almost a year and have yet to find a major or even minor complaint. From a user's perspective, I am very satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to quickly and effectively enter expenses for reimbursement. I just learned about how to automate the handling of an expense that meets a criteria and having the system label it automatically for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the many easy ways to submit reciepts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every month when it comes time to finalize my credit card expense reports I find that half of my transactions are duplicated! For some reason Expensify can not match reciepts with integrated credit transactions with any consistency . Apparently, it depends on when you scan the receipt and how you upload it. You can take a photo from the app, transfer photo to the app, email invoice/receipt to Expensify, etc. It should work no matter what. The whole point of this software is to have the ability to immediately scan a receipt after a purchase, yet but a day or two later, like clockwork once the credit integration is made, it duplicates the transaction. Every single time.. I’m ready to make a move. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do love the categorized and clean, easy to read PDF reports. I LOVE not having a wallet full of Reciepts any longer. Unlike most software on G2, Get app and Capterra, Expensify does not require a 5 user minimum. They feel the pulse of the customers and the pulse of small business owners who need their product but only has one user in need of expense reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Their software has a lot of features but nothing that the other player in the market don't have. their customer services is horrible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their are far better alternatives in the market with better value, honestly stay away from them. we've worked with them for a long time and they changed from a startup to a big company with horrible customer service and focus on getting more money from their clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find an alternative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used their service for 4 years and they kept increasing their fees and finally they locked us in an annual agreement and changed their procing model again. They customer support don't answer any questions, they keep sending links to their documentation and support forms instead of answering questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CMO & Head Of National Branding
What do you like best?

I can’t say enough about this platform for expensing. I’ve used so many different expensing platforms, but with the app it is SO SO SO EASY to expense everything! The momennt i purchase something, i open the app and just take a picture! I’ve never used something so easy. It literally fills in all the details needed for expensing. If it doesn’t recognize (on rae occasions), you just have like 2 -3 points to fill in manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that the smart scanner worked better at all times / had auto snap features. Otherwise, literally nothing. This is top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT... do it. No questions asked. It’s so user friendly, super easy to use - you literally make a purchase and then upload it to the application and that’s it. You can throw the receipt away! No more hanging on to receipts every month and being scared of losing them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just the smart scanner. Also, the duplicating purchase option, they should make it easier to do resolve. Besides that, there is nothing for them to imporve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use - gets the job done. Expensify offers receipt and mileage tracking, expense reporting, and company card reconciliation – all seamlessly integrated with QuickBooks. This saves a a lot of time. But this is the only part of the app that saves time. The software is inherently flawed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somehow linked to my venmo so it’s a mess. SmartScan is terrible. It takes hours, or days. I can enter things manually faster. If they can’t scan something faster than I can enter the info, they should just give up, put up a message that says, “Why don’t you just tell me what the amount was?”. The other day I couldn’t submit a report because an image was still scanning. The software is so inconsistant that I can’t even set up a repeatable demo to file a bug report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting lunch reimbursed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EC
What do you like best?

It does what it you would expect it to do - allow you to scan receipts and log its expenses. This is the only value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You get spammed with political emails sent from 'concierge' and then when you ask your account manager to be taken off of the political emails, he shows you what to do. Great. Except that you then get spammed by their CEO who is using this as a political platform. Also, you get pushed to sign up for all kinds of weird new features that you don't want want like an expense card for your employees. They should stick to scanning receipts and focus on making that process easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would look elsewhere first. There are lots of tools for this and you likely aren't to be spammed by them with political agendas and odd features which don't seem to benefit you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our employees scan receipts and create expense reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This was a 5 star review (see below), but after getting an email from the CEO of Expensify telling me I needed to vote for Biden (which I actually did, but beside the point), I needed to change this. Pressuring customers to vote for a specific candidate and lobbying them to do this went across the line and I found this very unprofessional. I lost a lot of respect for Expensify due to this. Keep the relationship with your customers commercial - not political and don't tell me that my vote doesn't count - every vote counts no matter who a citizen decides to vote for.

It’s an easy to use platform and I like the prompts that it provides me around my expenses. User friendly and I like the mobile app - great for the road. Easy to scan receipts as well - a very nice feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tied to the above - leave politics out of your software. A terrible customer experience and has left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Expensify.

The one thing I don’t like is attaching receipts multiple receipts. Sometimes I might have two files or PDFs for one expense and I can’t attach them both. Doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it’s really frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manage our company expenses and handle all reimbursement, with having visibility across the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Care Team Lead
What do you like best?

One of the things that I like the most about Expensify are the little automated reminders you get to do certain things, reports, processing or anything else you have it set up to do. In our busy work lives there are a lot of the little things that I sometimes forget to do or don't remember the deadline so it's nice to have the reminders. You have access to reporting and dashboards within the program allow you do everything in Expensify instead of more tabs and excess forms. It's also very organized and neat, I don't like websites that are cluttered and Expensify does a great job of keeping things clear and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating expense reports is tedious the first time you are making it, but after you've done it a few times and get use to it then it's not too hard to make another one or edit an existing one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using this program, it's easy to use and doesn't take long to learn how to use it. If there are every any issues with the program then we are able to message the support team and we know that it will get done soon. You'll get a response quick and they'll give you an estimate for how long it takes to get the issue resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Through Expensify we are simply using it to keep track of our expense reports. When we need to reimburse an employee, managing funds, invoices, bank statements and receipts. We are also able to use the reporting features to run statistics on what we are spending money on and get a lot of extra information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Supervisor
What do you like best?

Espensify is ideal for managing expense receipts, this software has commercial utilities and at the same time it helps me control my personal expenses since it records my credit card expenses automatically, Espensify has changed the way I keep track of reimbursements to employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found cases in which the receipts after being scanned could not be observed with the synchronization, it turned out to be a problem since the employees after scanning the receipt, many lost because they did not give it the necessary importance, so it is a problem that should not happen, however we looked at the device where the initial scan was made and the receipt was found there, so we did the process again, but it shouldn't happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spending control is something that we all must do, I personally recommend it to everyone because expenses at home tend to get out of control if we do not keep a record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Calculating expenses is much easier with Espensify, the best thing about this tool is that I can take it everywhere from my cell phone, just by scanning the receipts and sending information about the expenses, it has been very useful since the expenses after scanning they take a short time to be approved and reimbursed. It is ideal because it keeps me updated on the status of the cats through reports, the way I previously kept records has changed, the amount of paper we spend is now less, and the time to manually look up the expenses of each employee was a long time. waste of time, with Espensify everything is organized and in seconds everything is solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mechanical Energineer Supervisor
What do you like best?

Controlling expenses is sometimes a difficult task that consumes us every day, sometimes we spend more than we earn without realizing it and with Expensify I have found a way to keep an exhaustive control of my expenses. I met Expensify at work, it is an easier way to save invoices for reimbursement automatically by just scanning, when we make expenses in work trips only scan and mail to the reimbursement manager and it takes little time for the money to be reimbursed. But personally it has helped me to keep track of my personal expenses and I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've had is that I sometimes scan invoices that take time to sync with the refund manager, and this has rarely happened, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Controlling your expenses is more easy with expensify, it is the best option for companies, small, medium and large with the desire to control travel expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the most frequent problems in the company was the delay in reimbursing the travel expenses that each employee had to pay out of pocket, they could spend up to 3 months without receiving that money, and with Expensify it is solved, the wait is over, we only scan invoices that we upload to the same software or send via mail, it helped us to control expenses, the approval process by the finance department is much easier, the management of receipts is more organized and is always at hand, the management Reimbursement is effective so it is the best expense control software that I know of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Expensify takes the headache out of submitting expense reports. The site is incredibly user-friendly, the mobile app is handy in a pinch, and above all, it is a much quicker and painless process than other solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to upload PDFs longer than one page directly on the site. The concierge is a very helpful tool, but it takes a bit of time to submit via email and wait for it to process. At times, some of these report submissions are very time sensitive (based on company policies), so the waiting period — albeit relatively short — can be frustrating at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves the frustration from using other expense solutions, such as SAP Concur. While there are plenty of great options, Expensify provides a much quicker turnaround on funds being directed to our employees for the same cost as before, which is very beneficial to overall employee satisfaction — as well as more regular submissions of expenses, keeping our books more up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Before we got Expensify we were literally using a stupid spreadsheet form and then scanning all of our receipts and attaching them. Expensify not only makes it super easy but also reminds me to stay on top of my reimbursements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think there is anything I dislike about the app. However I work with multiple funding sources, and I think it would be interesting to have an interface where I can seek reimbursement from my employer but I can also seek reimbursement from someone else using the same app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before the pandemic I traveled 5 to 6 times a month and staying on top of reimbursements was a huge pain point for me. It is so easy and I can do it on my phone which makes it super convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development
What do you like best?

As a user, expensify has been the best solution I've used over the years. Being able to take multiple screenshots of receipts and have it auto populate the fields is the best thing since sliced bread. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The auto populate feature can be wonky at times and you need to go back to edit values, but it beats manually entering every field required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From an admin perspective, they're tracking expenses more easily. From a user perspective, time and cost savings. I've used other similar tools in the past and this is by far my most favorite and well adopted tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.