Epicflow Reviews & Product Details

What is Epicflow?

Epicflow’s team of professionals aspires to make complex multi-project environment easy to manage and control. So far, the company has launched its Epicflow add-on that solves resource conflicts and prioritizes tasks based on demand. Epicflow’s web-based solution meets the needs of Project Managers and C-level executives to improve business outcomes as a result of high-level task prioritization and resource allocation. With a powerful scientific algorithm, Epicflow facilitates planning, re-scheduling, execution, and control of multiple projects simultaneously. It is an effective project management solution that sets priorities and solves operational dilemmas connected with overload. This tool retrieves source data from MS Project and Jira, and doubles their value by adding features that perfectly work in a multi-project environment. While a historical load graph is designed to compare progress between previous and present projects, a future load graph predicts the flow of additional project in relation to the ones that already exist in the pipeline. The main strength of Epicflow is that it approaches business as the input of human resources and their skills. If you use Jira or MS Project and are not satisfied with your current project performance, check how adding an Epicflow plugin can make your complex environment easy to manage.

Epicflow Screenshots

Epicflow Reviews

1-5 of 5 total Epicflow reviews
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Much better resource allocation in a software development outsourcing company"

What do you like best?

I worked as a Project Manager at a software development outsourcing company and we used Epicflow as an add-on to Jira. It’s a good add value tool to use when you have several projects with task dependencies in parallel. It simplifies work routine a lot. I can track my team’s progress and spot resource constraints to avoid possible project delays. The tool automatically defines optimal priorities and my employees understand what task to do next.

The next thing I like, is improved visibility I get with Epicflow. I can see the progress of my multiple projects in the pipeline. If I have a client who has an additional Jira instance, I can easily connect it to the existing Epicflow environment

If a new project comes in, the future load graph lets me predict whether I can optimize developers to start working on one more project.

No need to refill and organize data from scratch. The software has flexible mapping of the fields in Jira in the fields of Epicflow.

What do you dislike?

To get the real value, Epicflow requires my project information to start working, like tasks and their dependency network, a rough estimate of each task, a resource group assigned to complete the milestone, and project and milestone deadlines. The input data must be compatible with the Epicflow system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool can be really useful if you run many projects with shared resources. It copes with every problem indicated on their main page and answers who’s doing what in comparison with the plan. I’d recommend this application to people who fail to prioritize.

Epicflow helps me deliver fixed-price projects on time. It’s important for us that projects are finished according to the plan and we can guarantee a real time commitment to our clients. Once I started using this tool for running multiple software projects, I got a much better overview of my projects.

Response from Svetlana Trofymenko of Epicflow

Hi Andrey, thank you for the review, I'm glad Epicflow works well for you!

Project Manager

"Improved resource scheduling and task prioritization for maritime electrical installations"

What do you like best?

I’m a project manager at a company that specializes in the electrical installation in the super yacht building. My projects are complex in a sense that we have a lot of repetitive actions on different systems with small adjustments, each estimated in 100,000 hours. It’s very important to get early warnings to increase capacity and to set the right priorities.

What do you dislike?

The total overview in such a complex environment like mine is still not good enough. I forwarded my feedback to the Epicflow development team, so they can plan to deliver better multi-project overview.

Epicflow gives you much better prioritization and shows which steps need to be taken to fulfill the projects.

Response from Svetlana Trofymenko of Epicflow

Jan Mark, thank you very much! We continue working on bringing more power to Epicflow. The product owner and the development team are planning next sprints with your feedback in mind.

Svetlana

"EpicFlow helps to improve resource scheduling"

What do you like best?

The ongoing improvements and developing from the add in.

What do you dislike?

Still working in MS Projects. Unrealistic outcomes when collegues forget to work on their hours in EpicFlow

Where trying to improve the resource scheduling, making it more transparant, so we can schedule resources more efficiently. Also a big benefit is, that we now can see which projects are running and when the should have been finished. The overal benefit is more transparancy in scheduling and managing projects.

Response from Svetlana Trofymenko of Epicflow

Daphne, thank you for your feedback!

Svetlana

"Total overview in a complex environment."

What do you like best?

Total overview in a complex environment. Gives you full control and visibility over your capacity and resources.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. What else should I write here..

Shows starting bottlenecks on time.

Response from Svetlana Trofymenko of Epicflow

Beatrice, thank you for the review, I'm glad Epicflow works well for you!

Regards,

AM

"Ok for workfloww"

What do you like best?

The document management section is great.

What do you dislike?

Limited fester is for colarboration for teams

None

Response from Svetlana Trofymenko of Epicflow

Hello G2 Crowd User in Market Research, thank you for leaving a review about Epicflow, but it really doesn't say much about our product. Please reach out to us at epicflow@epicflow.com We'd love to demonstrate the app so you can get a better understanding of Epicflow.

The matter is that we have nothing to do with documentation management and we wouldn't like to confuse our potential clients this way.

Epicflow Features

• Task Creation and Assignment
  • Due Dates
  • Task Prioritization
  • To-Do Lists
  • Collaborative Project Planning
  • Comments

Epicflow User Ratings

8.2
7.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* Project Management Category
Do you work for Epicflow?