Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution Reviews & Product Details

Mortgage Loan Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that you can customize the fields and the order of the fields. I love that there are different pipelines you can view to help stay more organized. I like that you can sort by each field alphabetically. I also like how it has place holders for everyone involved in the file so I know who I can reach out to if I have a question, and the conversation log to keep everything about one file in one space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when you move a field it doesn't stay, I don't like having to reset the pipeline, the loan folder and the view if I want to search for old or denied loans. I wish I could search for a field I wanted and it was better at figuring out what I wanted, some of them are titled weird. I don't like that I cant add things in when other people are in the file. I feel like I could add something in and save it and someone else could still continue working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that this is a program to try for the mortgage side. Very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that as an assistant I can keep on the same info with my officers, and we can all go in there and share about the file without having to keep an email chain. I am still finding more things it can do. I wish I could print off the lists of my loans myself instead of going to an admin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution Overview

What is Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution?

Encompass is Ellie Mae's all-in-one integrated solution that covers the loan lifecycle and provides one system of record so you can close compliant loans.

Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution Details

Pleasanton, CA
Total Revenue (USD mm)
$360
1,590 employees on LinkedIn®

Answer a few questions to help the Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution community
Have you used Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution before?

Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution Reviews

Showing 57 Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution reviews
Already have Encompass Digital Mortgage Solution?
UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Encompass makes my job easy from the 1003 to disclosures and finding rates. Encompass allows my buyer to see everything when doing a mortgage. They see their rate, their payment, and their closing costs down to the last cent. Encompass also guides me through the process of qualifying my buyer and making sure each item is discussed with my buyer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Encompass tends to lag from time to time. Also, there is this recurring .NET update that keeps coming up no matter how many times I do the update Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Encompass is beyond it's competitors. If you want a system that does it all and will make your job easier, Encompass is the system for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Disclosures are handled by me and they are easy to send and retrieve with Encompass. Itemized costs are easy to discuss and describe. Moving my file along the qualification process is so much easier. Inputting documents and applying them to their assigned folders are easy. Retrieving rates, automated underwriting, ordering appraisals, and ordering mortgage insurance is easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relationship Manager
Banking
What do you like best?

EASE IN UPLOADING DOCUMENTATION FOR MY CLIENTS - DOCUMENTS GO RIGHT INTO THEIR LOAN FILE - IT IS A COMPLETELY AUTOMATED SYSTEM - LOAN DOCUMENTS GO OUT FOR SIGNATURE RIGHT THRU ENCOMPASS - ARE UPLOADED INTO THE CLIENTS LOAN FILE AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN SIGNED - SYSTEM GENERATES EMAILS AFTER THE DOCS HAVE BEEN SIGNED - I CAN ORDER APPRAISALS RIGHT THRU THE SYSTEM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

THE ONE THING I DON'T LIKE IS THA ONCE THE DOCUMENT HAS BEEN UPLOADED BY THE CLIENT, I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT INTO THE FILE BEFORE I CAN VIEW THE DOCUMENT - I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO VIEW IT FROM THE LIST OF WHAT HAS BEEN UPLOADED SO I COULD TELL IF I WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENT TO THE FILE - SOMETIMES THE CLIENT UPLOADS DUPLICATES AND I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS, DUPLICATES AND ALL - SURE I CAN DRAG THEM TO THE TRASH, BUT I WOULD RATHER BE ABLE TO VIEW WHAT HAS BEEN UPLOADED BEFORE IT ALL GOES INTO THE FILE MANAGER. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

THIS IS THE BEST SYSTEM I HAVE USED TO DATE FOR MORTGAGE LENDING Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ENCOMPASS HELPS TO AUTOMATE THE LOAN PROCESS FOR BOTH MYSELF AND MY CLIENTS. I BENEFIT FROM ENCOMPASS BY THE SYSTEM BENG COMPLETLY INTEGRATED FOR ALL OF THE STEPS IN THE LOAN PROCESS - I USED TO SEND OUT LOAN DOCUMENTS BY RIGHTSIGNATURE - NOW THEY ARE SENT BY OUR DISCLOSURE DEPT THRU ENCOMPASS, I USED TO HAVE TO ORDER THE APPRAISAL WITH A FORM FROM POINT, ALONG WITH A FORM COMPLETED THRU RIGHTSIGNATURE WITH CREDIT CARD INFO AND EMAIL IT TO OUR APPARAISAL DEPT - NOW I SIMPLY ORDER THRU ENCOMPASS, THE SYSTEM SENDS OUT A LINK FOR THE CREDIT CARD INFO DIRECTLY TO THE CLIENT, THE APPRAISAL IS ORDERED BY OUR APPRAISAL DEPT AFTER THE BORROWER PROVIDES THE CREDIT CARD INFO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Very easy to use, everyone in my work place uses it and it keep files organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More tabs probably .. there are not much down falls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keep all files of loans very organized with folders and is easy to use and train others on . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Clean, easy to use, solid key commands, and aesthetically pleasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I felt as though there was a lot of unnecessary material on there that only applies to an admin not a LO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the price. I wasn't the admin but know this is an expensive option. It is so much better than others I've used in terms of aesthetics and ease of use to the client and it is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digitally filling out a mortgage application. Benefit is ease of use for user and client signing their Edocs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Encompass is easy to use with proper training for every employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Encompass has been known to freeze midway thru the application process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were taking mortgage application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Mortgage Banker
What do you like best?

The user interface, at least where I work, is well thought out and user friendly. I am able to complete a full 1003 (mortgage application in little time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like at times, it does run slow, not due to our work servers, but from Encompass app itself. Come across this at least a couple of times a week and for a good amount of time too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to complete a fill mortgage application and price out a loan for all of my clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortgage Lending Resource Center Specialist
Banking
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Encompass is how you can find everything you need for your file in the application. All you need can be found right there. It is user friendly and easy to use. It makes the process go smoothly, even when everyone is spread out throughout the company or at different locations. It has helped make me more efficient because of your ability to cater it to you and your companies needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the email/messenger section. Although it is integrated with outlook, you still have to go outside the app for the emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is less room for error with the ability to make comments and notes throughout the file and on specific documents. This makes it easy for many people to work on a file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortgage Support Officer (Contract)
What do you like best?

Its easy to navigate and information is organized neatly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The web version is very slow and pages take a couple seconds to load.

The system shuts down sometimes without letting me save my work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install the software and avoid the online version if possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Effectively processing loan applications and it reduces mortgages denial ratios Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Loan Officer
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Now that I am more familiar with Encompass, I like how the information flows from page to page. We also have a lot of custom programming done that allows us to do things very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when there are required fields to be completed before you can proceed and all they give you is the field number. I waste a lot of time sometimes. Now that I am more familiar with Encompass it is not that bad of an issue and a lot of times now when there is a missing field you can complete the field right there on the screen that tells you if something is missing. I also dislike how the DTI calculations get all screwy when you have more than one borrowing pair. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask what features are available by utilizing custom programming. We run Encompass unplugged so there are many, many features that are available that I am not familiar with. My understanding is that unplugged means that Encompass is run only on our intranet and it does not have access to all of the features available if it was connected to other features that are only available if it is connected to the Internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encompass is awesome when it comes to preparing initial disclosures. As long as there aren't any missing required field and I have completed all of the required processes I can have the disclosures prepared and emailed to the applicant with the click of a button. I have heard that other companies that use Encompass do not have this feature and it takes a while to manually prepare the initial disclosures. This feature in itself saves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The fact that I don't need to be in the actual office to use Encompass is great. There's lots of room for collaboration within one file and multiple people working on that file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If my internet goes out, then I'm 100% useless within a file. Also, when someone is in the file before you, you're stuck on read-only mode. Which gets confusing if you forget - you could end up doing tons of work and none of it will save since you're in read-only mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

have excellent internet connectivity and reliable routers - as soon as your internet is out, you're a sitting duck... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Loan processing and collaboration is great with the eFolder option within encompass. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and organizational capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Speed issues at times, but generally works itself out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forecasting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Sales
Construction
What do you like best?

What I like best about Encompass is that it's so simple to use and that it can be customized to suit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something that I always disliked about Encompass was that their server would at times shut down for no reason and it would interrupt our work during the day, I think they really need to work on keeping up with their servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest to others using this product to really get to know all its features because they are really helpful and it really makes your job a little easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the time that I was using Encompass, I found it very convenient that you could customized a lot of things within the loan file. It helped me in my role of documents coordinator and post closer keep all the files organized and up to date so easily, which it's really important for anyone in the mortgage industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortgage Loan Originator
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I like how encompass can be used for smaller companies as well as larger ones. I also love how you get emails of everything that happens with a pipeline and how it can integrate with different CRM software's. I also like how you can adjust the software to your company. With 2 different companies the functions were different. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really hate the fact that the systems keeps freezing and dropping out. It's quite annoying. I've been with 2 companies using this software and the problem is consistent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with navigating the software. It takes some time to get familiar with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes doing business very easy. As long as I have a computer with the software I can work from anywhere sending files to my clients and team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like that Encompass is very innovative and is available anywhere there is internet. Long gone are the days that you must be logged onto a vpn to get access to your clients. The applications within the system move smoothly from one to the other and are relatively quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more customizable. Some of the items that my company wanted to change were among the unchangeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to deliver better customer experience with our borrowers and the builders we work with. We are quicker and more accurate in our figures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

its pretty easy to set up a new file and add files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that it always crashes and you cant upload from emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

helps my company with new home loans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branch Manager / Loan Originator
What do you like best?

Encompass is very thorough. On the producers side, it is pretty self explanatory. I've heard operations say they didn't like it when we switched at my last company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because of it being so thorough, my LO's can get a bit lost in what they need to insure is in the system beyond the simple 1003. Seems like it could be more streamlined. Also, I miss being able to be online vs. having to have this downloaded to my computer. I run on Mac's and need to have Windows 7 via Parallels on my laptop just to run this program. MortgageBot was all online, so I could even use my iPad. Miss that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hard to say on this one, we don't have a choice as individuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branch Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I have been using encompass as my LOS system for about 4 years now and I love it. It’s extremely user friendly,easy to navigate and I love how all my origination platforms are all in one system. I would highly recommend to other professionals in my industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how quickly the system times out. It will crash and shut down it your sitting idle in the same file for awhile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encompass makes it easier to track my leads. I’m a mortgage loan officer so I’m constantly speaking to clients and attempting to qualify them. I love how all my prospect database is contained within Encompass Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For the most part, it does its job. Other than the stability issues, it is pretty easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In more than one instance, the app freezes and crashes. Sometimes that leads to lost data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows a purely digital avenue to do our work. Paperless is the way to go and we’re going there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like that it is very user friendly. You can become familiar with using this program in no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slowness of the program at times. It freezes more times than not. I think this needs to be looked at because it really does slow down your work flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encompass allows you to do a lot within this one program. There are times where you have to work out of more than one program to meet your business needs, but this is not one of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the easy access it provides. It is user friendly once you figure out where everything is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how slow and behind it is. It needs some major upgrades and enhancements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The organization of loans and the accuracy of documents is a huge benefit. It also really speeds up the loan process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Loan Officer
What do you like best?

I love the tabs and file buckets that Encompass offers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is not being able to manipulate fields while the file manager is open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to order all third party verifications without leaving the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Encompass has been great - the one caveat is that many lenders choose to take their base model. If you wish to maximize the effectiveness, you need to customize to your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I have been with lenders that do not use hard stops - those lenders often find themselves losing money because they don't prevent bad information from going out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customize customize customize

make this what you need it to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pipeline management, improved turn times, accurate reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I find the transition from page to paid on the 1003 is much smoother. I also like the document storage features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I get logged out frequently and every other program always works flawlessly so it is not my wifi connection. I assume it is because the program is bulkier than others, but not sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's pretty great and would recommend this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to fill out full applications much more quickly so I like encompass since it is easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Loan Partner
What do you like best?

I’ve used other mortgage origination systems and encompass is by far the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lots of customization. Each branch/company uses it differently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch to encompass! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Originating mortgages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortgage Loan Officer NMLS #1478228
Financial Services
What do you like best?

The modifications we have with Encompass make the loan application pretty seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some pages can be jumbled and confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It facilitates the taking of a mortgage loan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.