EMS Enterprise Workplace Management

EMS Software is meeting and room scheduling software for the workplace and campus that helps to increase productivity, attract and retain people, reduce costs, and differentiate their brand.

Work for EMS Enterprise Workplace Management?

Learning about EMS Software?

EMS Enterprise Workplace Management Reviews

Ask EMS Software a Question
Showing 30 EMS Software reviews

"Easy Space Management "

What do you like best?

Easy to pull reports, clear statuses, ability to control/limit requests. Software calendar is easy to read & visually appealing

What do you dislike?

The web form of EMS is very clunky to look at it if you have multiple spaces or a lot of events on one day. For employees that do not have the software installed on their computer and can only rely on the web version- it is difficult to use & read.

Space management. We use this software to sign out rooms for programs, meetings, rentals, training, and lunch spaces. This ensures proper planning for big events and ensures we do not double book spaces. It also helps us see on a day to day basis what is happening.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about EMS Enterprise Workplace Management

"Works well across departments & user types"

What do you like best?

I like that the software gives me access to scheduling in the same way as users in other departments. I work in production and my job is very different than people in other work groups so it's really nice that we have a program that provides a common tool to use.

What do you dislike?

I think the UI could be streamlined and get a modern update. I also wish that it transferred to my calendars better. It will pull a report and the PDF will look great but it's hard to get it to seamlessly transfer to my outlook calendar or GMAIL.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes some time to onboard and the UI is a little older and definitely oriented towards PC users. I like it but I also think it could be spruced up a little.

It centralizes calendars and scheduling, which is great for us as a large arts organization. It will run reports that are easily seen across work groups.

What Meeting Room Booking Systems solution do you use?

"Great Event Tool, Outdated Interface"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to be able to see availability of all facilities, with their capacity and other important details. I also like the option of calendar view and the wizzard tool to which allow me to either make a specific request and narrow down my options using filters, or view overall availability of a space using filters. I also like the ability to have multiple users able to access the account and make reservations under their own departments.

What do you dislike?

The design is a bit clunky and outdated. Every time you want to do a different task, it pulls up a separate window, which can get messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this product to any company who is looking for a solution to managing their rooms or facilities and wants a detailed product that can ensure communication and success.

I share EMS with several other departments on campus that reserve spaces and facilities on campus. EMS has allowed us to communicate our reservations throughout campus in a seamless way.

Mary O.

"Best to see overall"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be able to see all of the events we have at the school, considering how large it is, and being able to direct people using all of the information given

What do you dislike?

I do dislike how confusing it can be to use sometimes if you're not completely trained on how to use it. I can understand when people make mistakes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use for event planning needs! Really helpful!

We are solving event planning and coordinating with EMS and we've seen a lot of organization and successful events be held

Alejandra C.

"Easy for reservation bookings!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this product is to use. Making bookings have never been easier.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything I dislike about EMS Software.

I am solving the business problem of miscommunication- in regards to room reservations . This way, everyone within out offices can see and schedule accordingly.

"Operations Manager "

What do you like best?

EMS is very organized and thurough. You are able to pick and choose which people are able to see certain things as well as delegate authority over certain items. There are a limitless number of ways you can plan out and really organize event and the ability to change the view on events really helps me

What do you dislike?

The only think a i would say I dislike is the layout itself. It could have more colors that seperate the times and events to make it easier to read.

Working in a University with multiple events and meetings happening all at once, it’s made it really convenient to see everything at once, or seperated, and made the implementation of events almost seamless.

Victoria H.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use - easy to input events and glance at to see all events going on.

What do you dislike?

The web client platform on a mobile device is difficult

We have our HVAC system hooked up to the system so we are not wasting energy on empty rooms.

Samuel P.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

It was extremely easy to view multiple spaces at once.

What do you dislike?

We only had the desktop client which was sometimes slow to load.

Space management with multiple users who’s needs are constant changing. The benefit has been one that there is no need for one person to be dedicated to scheduling rooms, it also speeds up the room scheduling process for meetings,and three it allows maintenance a chance to see when they have a window to do work on a space.

User in Law Practice

"Very User Friendly Software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and navigate through the software. I have used a couple other event software systems and EMS is by far the most user friendly. A couple of features that make it easy to work with are: copy and paste, able to add on to multiple bookings with ease, linking is easy, adjusting pricing, quantity and titles are simple. I don't feel like I have used EMS to its fullest capabilities, I think there is so still many features that I haven't discovered and hope to utilize in the future.

What do you dislike?

I would like for it to be more color coded. This would be beneficial when working on multiple date bookings under one reservation.

EMS I great for efficiency. The amount of time it takes to book a meeting and send out the confirmation can easily be done within a minute.

Suzanne E.

"Benchmark event software "

What do you like best?

Ability to capture information in one central location for various departments and colleagues to access and utilize

What do you dislike?

Could be more user friendly, better design and navigation, easier to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it fits your needs at your organization as it is an expensive product. Ensure all data is uploaded and configured properly upon implementing the software.

Better efficiency of space planning and utilization.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"EMS Enterprise - Meeting Room Management Software"

What do you like best?

The meeting room inventory management software works out well for our use. We own/manage 20 meeting spaces within our headquarters building. The software allows users to view available meeting rooms in real time, request the meeting room...and then we as administrators review the requests electronically and confirms the space back to the user. Food/beverage and a/v requirements can be included with the request. We then use the software to generate weekly reports, as well as daily and/or weekly setup requirements for our facilities management staff.

Year end reports can then also be created and are customizable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is marginal. There was a lot of staff turnover while we were configuring and trying to implement the software. The process took about a year. Also....they basically give you the "bones" of the software....and there is a LOT of client staff time involved in learning the configuration. Any assistance needed with the configuration is billed at an hourly rate and is not included in the cost for the software.

The annual maintenance fee does include Help Desk help.....but again, this is only for basic questions regarding the use of the product .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Getting a good consultant at the onset and making sure that they don't leave the company in the middle of the implementation stage is key!

It definitely is a time saver regarding the management of our meeting space. We previously were doing this manually. It also provides great reports for us, which we didn't have previously.

"EMS - Lots of potential - must be better developed."

What do you like best?

The ability to create customized reports is the best part of EMS. Some companies charge additional fees to create a query.

What do you dislike?

The inability of programmers to create set and strike times in addition to their standard reserve and event start &end times. That they "support" nelnet and various other payment systems but have no way to integrate them. This software is still a single platform system (windows sql). We should be in an era where software is platform agnostic for ease of use of the client. There is a lot of potential in the software if support listened to their customers. I recently attended a conference where many people were using the software and the universal complaint is that the company does not listen to client suggestions for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the actual product meets your needs prior to purchase. EMS promised that our needs would be addressed in future upgrades which has not been our experience.

Multiple facilities are using EMS enterprise for conferences and events on my campus. The only locations that have great success are facilities that don't have multi-function spaces such as a standard auditorium or a classroom. Multi-function spaces with multiple events have a harder time using this software.

John F.

"I supervise the Conference Technology team, and use EMS as a means to generate daily schedules."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manipulate data for daily schedules and monthly reports, as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish that video conference bookings across multiple time-zones could be organized and generated to display them in a report chronologically by conference, rather than by bookings in their local time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EMS has been by far the best scheduling software that I have used in over 10 years working in corporate Conference Centers' Audio/Visual departments.

We have used EMS to streamline and improve scheduling and reporting.

"EMS is a great solution"

What do you like best?

How adaptable the platform can be, and it's ability to report across several different levels.

What do you dislike?

There is not a mobile portal where you can view up to date information, eliminating the need for print outs. Some of the reporting could be more granular, giving the ability to report more sub categories, and eliminate excessive lines of data. If reporting structure could give charted analysis with graphs and visual presentation, much of the reporting we currently do in SharePoint could be eliminated altogether.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

Capturing metrics for video conference statistics, and it has the given the ability to streamline the reporting process so much of it is automated and completed on the front end.

"Great for Event Management"

What do you like best?

EMS is customizable to your needs, and certain parameters can be set and required when entering information. It is easy to track which user entered all information.

What do you dislike?

Some things take too many clicks to get to, and the limited user count can sometimes effect workflow.

Event management is much easier when using this system. It can be synced with other software, such as 2md to show a live schedule of events.

"EMS is high performing, but missing a few basic features"

What do you like best?

EMS has lots of powerful features. It allows for easy event planning and reservations across multiple teams and departments.

What do you dislike?

EMS needs to add an additional setup and strike time feature to reservations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EMS has been planning updates for a long time, but has cancelled several. It is unclear where the software is headed in future development.

Allows us to reserve, communicate details, and bill clients all from one central solution.

"I use EMS daily."

What do you like best?

I like the way it succinctly organizes the day's meetings so I can see at a glance what I have going on.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes some getting used to, but there is a lot of customization you can do to make it work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. I have used other products in the past, but this one is the most comprehensive and user-friendly.

I make sure meetings go off as they're supposed to. EMS allows me to see exactly what my clients need without having to guess.

Ivy S.

"EMS is GREAT!"

What do you like best?

I really like how it is easy to share with my other peers.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about EMS.

Scheduling is the main problem we are solving.

User in Law Practice

"This is a daily EMS user review."

What do you like best?

It's generally fast, tailored to the needs of my team/ department, and keeps us organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish we could make customizations on our own. (This may reflect the way we use it within the team, and may be less of a reflection on the software itself.)

I work in meeting planning in a law firm. EMS is used to book and manage space across multiple departments, and office locations. This software allows us to coordinate a lot of data, resources, and users in one organized spot.

AH
Administrator in Higher Education

"Perfect for College Campuses"

What do you like best?

I love how it easily syncs to the other software that we use on campus. It's mobile friendly and easy to use. I also love the desk top version for fast edits

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web client is not the most reliable as with anything other the web

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definitely use this product

top of the line event management and communication between venue and clients.

"Bulky and outdated, but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

While not the prettiest platform, Dean Evans is pretty straightforward to navigate. Was helpful with pulling event records.

What do you dislike?

Dean Evans is very clunky and outdated. Its interface is in need of a major overhaul. It is also pretty difficult to customize, meaning that custom event set ups or needs are hard if they are not part of the software from the get go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to customize your event management platform, look elsewhere. Dean Evans EMS will do the job for standard event needs, but is not the most flexible option out there.

Scheduling events in 16 room conference center. Pulling daily plans for setup staff to use when setting up room arrangements.

User in Legal Services

"Makes scheduling meetings simple"

What do you like best?

Great for scheduling and organizing a large group of people.

What do you dislike?

The booking screen does not refresh automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great customization features based on your companies needs.

Scheduling and organizing has become much smoother.

Katie H.

"EMS is a helpful tool to know what is going on around our campus."

What do you like best?

I like that it enables me to see what is going on around our campus and I can see which events require my departments support and which do not.

What do you dislike?

Most of the things that I've had trouble with so far have been user error. One thing is I'd love to be able to integrate only certain rooms to my calendar.

It is helping my department to see what is going on around our campus. Instead of being caught off guard for an event, we are prepared for it.

Nathan E.

"I use it to book and manage our department schedule. "

What do you like best?

It allows me to see everything that is not just related to my department.

What do you dislike?

I think I have not had enough training to actually use it correctly.

It allows us to plan better for what we are doing and be prepared long before the actual event.

User in Hospitality

"EMS Software Review"

What do you like best?

Overall functionality is pretty user friendly and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The view is outdated. Help options are not very helpful. Lacking some key integration including CRM for the sales side of the business.

Linking our sales/CRM with operations.

"Best Management System I've used yet."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating customizable reporting for metrics.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked more interactively with other applications, like SharePoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best Event Management Software I've encountered in 10+ years in Meetings & Events.

Communicating instantaneously with coworkers via the new Managed Services tab has really improved efficiency of our team.

AE
Administrator in Events Services

"Excellent software for our Firm"

What do you like best?

Product is customizable, flexible and robust functionality. Support from DEA is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Two platforms for virtual and client operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an excellent product for law firms and I have made a number of recommendations to colleagues.

Firmwide use of the software

Increased efficiency of operation and service delivery

Better analytics

AH
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great, with minor flaws"

What do you like best?

This software allows for a lot of customization

What do you dislike?

Still a little inflexible; some fields are not customizable

Much better reservation system; provides lots of data for reporting

AL
Administrator in Law Practice

"EMS is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Book functionality

Reporting

History

User friendliness

What do you dislike?

Odd bugs (copying and pasting, not being able to book from the book sometimes).

Managing conference center space. EMS has allowed us to optimize the use of our space for the use of our attorneys and clients.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Useful and Reliable"

What do you like best?

Clear and easy to use

Makes event planning easy

What do you dislike?

Lots of functions, little training

Wish we could see only what we use

Web request system is not great

Simple, quick events planning for coordinators

Learning about EMS Enterprise Workplace Management?

* We monitor all EMS Enterprise Workplace Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.