Emburse Certify Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I like that the Certify Expense reports have many different options in the Details column for substantiation of the expense. The employees we have in the company are in many different states, so this helps narrow down which branch location the expense should be coded to and the customers/employees/attendees they were with for the expense. The "Category" column is also very helpful for pulling reports on how much the company has spent in a month or year. The approval tiers for the reports after they are submitted are another plus, as this allows reports to be rejected when they are not accurate enough to supervisors before coming to the Accounting Department to review. Also, receipts are easily attached via sending from email or uploading on Certify Wallet, as this is a simple view when reviewing/analyzing reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not really like that I cannot edit an expense if an inquiry question has been sent/created. It will only allow me to change it once the employee responds to the inquiry, but most of the time they do not and it may take time. Although we ask for more detail, we cannot update the Branch or Category until they respond back or the inquiry question is deleted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certify Reports help solve our company's questions of "which branch/location does this get charged/coded?" This is very important to our company since profit sharing is a main benefit for the employees. We need to ensure we code, especially higher-priced items, accurately due to decreasing profit sharing based on Sales/Business Managers' spending. This has benefited our company by being more precise in our coding to branches and accounts on our books, which increase our profit sharing per employee and decreasing the Accounting Department's time and energy each month we review these reports. I have heard of the previous process for coding credit card statements and it was very detailed and difficult to keep all the receipts together physically rather than through an online website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emburse Certify Overview

What is Emburse Certify?

Emburse brings together some of the world’s most powerful and trusted financial automation solutions. As part of our product portfolio, Emburse Certify carries a promise to humanize work while delivering expense, accounts payable, and business travel solutions for growing organizations. Certify Expense is a web-based travel & expense management software for companies that want to quickly automate manual processes while receiving great administrative and end-user support for free. With Certify’s automated expense report creation, embedded audit capabilities, and mobile receipt capture, expense reporting has never been so easy. Employees, managers, and accountants can create, submit, and approve expense reports, check the status of expense reports, and access reports on demand. Certify offers a broad range of integrations, travel booking, live support for all users, and much more.

Emburse Certify Details
Afrikaans, Arabic, Danish, German, Greek, English, French, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Albanian, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Our easy-to-use solution comes with a happiness guarantee. Trust that your administrators and end-users alike will be taken care of, with free training, 24x5 live support all included in your licensing fee. Our technology is reliable and user-friendly, perfect for those customers who are tired of manual travel and expense processes, and want to get automated quickly.

Emburse
2020
Los Angeles, CA
@emburse

Emburse Certify Videos

Emburse Certify Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Emburse Certify community
Have you used Emburse Certify before?

Emburse Certify Reviews

Showing 1,577 Emburse Certify reviews
Showing 1,577 reviews
Already have Emburse Certify?
Bookkeeper
What do you like best?

I manage the bookkeeping for a Non-profit with a staff of about 25. We have 17 credit card holders. Certify helps us keep track of our credit card use, stores receipts and syncs with our financial software. They were easy to work with in setting up the exact type of information I needed so that I could easily upload expense reports directly in to my accounting software. I LOVE it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When submitting an expense report, the submit button must be clicked multiple times (through 2 or three screens). This causes some employees to think they have submitted a report when they have not yet completed the process. This problem is quite minor in the grander scheme of things. : ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with their team to develop the spreadsheets and or data that your financials system requires so that you can easily upload the information. It's amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of Credit card charges for me as bookkeeper is much easier and I don't have to have file folders full of receipts in my office anymore! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that all communication can be handled within Certify. An Approver can open an Inquiry which saves the report from being returned, the Submitter can reply to the inquiry, everything is recorded in the report for history, and now Approvers can add images which nearly eliminates the need to return a report. Users report that it takes far less time to submit their expenses and Approvers are reporting the ability to approve a record amount a day! Personally, I could previously only approve an average of 30 paper vouchers a day. I can approve near 80 a day now, and that is reviewing line by line, receipt by receipt. I can't say enough good things! Certify allows me to catch inaccuracies quicker and resolve them before the report is reimbursed. We love that it keeps our users more current in their expense recording and submissions. The mobile app allows no room for excuse! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an approver, it would be most helpful to be allowed to add an expense to a user's submission. If for example a user forgot to claim per diem, we have to currently return the report for the user to add it. It would streamline the process if we could add it on the approver end. I also must honestly say the mobile app is clunky and could do with better streamlining in terms of Buttons to click to Create a Report, Enter an Expense, Upload a Receipt, or View Config. Right now, we recommend our users to really only use the mobile app to photograph their receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save time and reduce hassle by selecting Certify as your online expense platform! Users can submit their expenses in minutes, Approvers can review them in minutes, and Certify can easily track the reimbursements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have recovered more time for our submitters and approvers by each spending less time on the actual submission. Users can submit their expenses in a matter of minutes and approvers can review the submission line by line, receipt by receipt, in nearly the same amount of time. It allows us to better track submissions and reimbursements, reports no longer get lost in the mail, receipts are stored for easy pulling later should we need to revisit or if it is requested by a client. We are finding it easier to find mistakes on submissions, whether they are intentionally done or pure accident, and it allows us to reimburse an employee without delay, even if an adjustment was needed or an expense needed to be explained. It allows for immediate and documented communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Certify is relatively new compared to the likes of Concur but that has not stopped them from developing a great system. They may not have all of the features that Concur currently does but it is very apparent that they are putting development into the system to be the best. They are open with their development plans and openly invite feedback and ideas for their users so they develop those things which are important to the users. They also have a great help and training section where they cover practically everything with informative and easy to follow guides.

Everyone has a very friendly and helpful attitude. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have recently introduced an audit function that I am hoping will be developed further. There is a lot of potential in this area and further refinement and expansion will make it very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The key for maintenance of the system is on the user side. If you have many people that will be using the system, make sure you have an automated way to provide complete/accurate (employee) data to Certify on a ongoing basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Greater visibility into our spend across the organisation that wasn't there before with a paper based system. Increased efficiency from the preparer to the reviewer to the accountants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We've received a lot of positive feedback regarding the app and the ability to submit expense reports digitally. Our managers and approvers really like not having to receive piles of receipts each month and to be able to quickly look through them digitally. Our employees that travel like being able to upload their receipts on the app while they are traveling and not have to worry about saving them or losing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've run into issues with linking receipts to expenses. Most often if a receipt is submitted with a different date then it won't attach. Some of our users will wait until the end of the month and submit their receipts all at once, and if the date doesn't match to the actual charge then it won't automatically attach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problems we've seen is with attaching receipts. When done properly it's fine, but sometimes users submit them with the wrong date and they won't attach. That's probably the biggest issue we've run into. Some approvers have mentioned they'd like to have the ability to add an expense from a user's wallet or attach a receipt from their wallet without having to send the report back to them, especially myself from the accountant level as the last approver I'd really like to be able to add an expense that an employee may have missed. We have our company credit cards automatically upload charges so if an employee forgets to attach a receipt to a charge from their wallet it's inconvenient for me to send the report back and ask them to change it when I could just do it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

As an administrator for our team, I greatly appreciate the robust reporting feature as well as the built in approval workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Quickbooks Online sync works but because we reimburse via ACH the information that is imported into QBO is not useful for our purposes. The sync was supposed to save time however now we have to take extra time to use a TPI to import expense details into QBO manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When learning this software and testing it out, be open minded and try not to impose past expense reporting strategies on this software. Don't assume that all products work in the same way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a nonprofit organization 50+ employees so we were looking for an affordable, user-friendly solution. Emburse Certify fits the bill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director - Marketing, Digital & E-commerce
What do you like best?

Along with the expense management regarding any traveling also this tool is assisting me to manage the payable accounts and to generate the invoices as well. It won’t be wrong if I say it provides everything related to expense management on its platform. It offers many integrations and configurations as well, that make easy processing and tracking of the certain extraction. Further it offers me flexible reimbursement so that I can make sure that my vendor invoices are paid in a flash, irrespective of any currency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to face some issues in expense reporting, so it asks for much efforts and struggles for making effective reports. Moreover it does not have any major drawbacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expense management has become very easy with this tool, I really appreciate its customer support team which is playing a wonderful role in its success. This tool is very useful for those companies who have to deal with remote type business strategy. Its pricing policy is also very compromising thus you should try it out. It will surely fulfill your business all requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certify has mold me in such a way that I have no worries about the tedious manual tasks. I have streamlined my numerous processes and it has enable me reduce administrative costs. Even to manage the audits is just a piece of cake I am its satisfied customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Data Scientist
What do you like best?

Certify expense facilities are available via an app on android and iPhone. It also provides a cloud service making data accessible from any part of the world. Free trials are available to let the buyer have an insight of what to expect from the product. Training is available in person and via webinar to allow more interactive session alongside the documented training. The support team of certify expense is available round the clock even outside the business hours they are on their toes to resolve the issues faced. It has the feature of multi currency which allows data of expenses around the world be collected irrespective of the different currencies used. The ability of receipt and work flow management makes the things more fluid and coherent. It is extremely time saving, making it a popular option for business companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no downloadable option for mac or windows, reducing its coverage. Scanning slips is of no use since it doesn't gives 100% result. On high traffic days, the speed slows down quite some notches and the autofill part can be sketchy too. There are some bugs in the app too which get annoying at a point. Even though the multi currency option is available, the transition isn't as smooth as one would expect it to be. There is no history option to view past expense reports, adding some negative points to its name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certify expense is a pretty good innovative tool with customization options available. Adding to its features, the support from the support team, it makes the whole process of recording expense receipts a whole lot easier, fluid and less automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like best the simplicity of using Certify. The functionality of creating and submitting expense reports is very straight forward. Approving and processing expense reports takes a bit of training as it is a 2 step process, but when understood, it makes sense. The set up is fairly straight forward and you are given a dedicated "Customer Success Manager" to help along the way. If you have an in-house IT team have them available if you are considering using the Certify API. Our users have expressed that Certify pretty much an intuitive tool to use. For them, uploading receipts and creating reports is much less time consuming than with the previous system we were using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certify programmers seem to have their own idea of "how" or "in what manner" expense reports should be created, submitted and processed. Their scope is limited however and therefore that limits the functionality of their software. Practically every company has their own "way" of processing expense reports, however Certify (even in their training sessions) instructs their users on "how" to get the job done. Tip..create the software and let the user decide how best they can use it. As an administrator, navigating Certify can be cumbersome and counter intuitive. There are buttons that indicate "Return" when they should indicate "Save". There are too many reports to count. And sifting through them all to find what is useful is a daunting job. There is a "Custom Report Writer", but is it juvenile compared to the ones I have used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Double data entry! Our previous software did not integrate with our ERP Sage Intacct, so once reports were completed in the old system, they had to be manually entered into the accounting system. We use the API for integration, however we could have used the flat file method as well. Either way, we would no longer continue to do double data entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safety Coordinator
What do you like best?

Easy to use, love that I can scan my receipts in with my mobile phone. After my receipts are scanned in I can use the autofill option which saves valuable time. Moving my expenses from my wallet to an expense report is so simple, I no longer dread the end of the month procedures. I would recommend Certify to any company looking for an efficient way to handle their employee expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program took a while to get used to, but once I did I really like using it. There is nothing to dislike about Certify, like anything new you have to get used to using it. After the initial learning period there are no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily autofill receipts from my mobile phone and not have to waste so much time inputting the information myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Business Owner
What do you like best?

The best thing about Certify Expense by Emburse is that it allows you to take a picture and upload your receipts from your cell phone. I the event that you can not or do not want to use the phone on your app you can also email your receipts. I also like the fact that you can store your receipts and save them in your wallet. The expense report gives you the option of telling exactly what your expense is and why. This makes it easier to be accepted for reimbursement. They also have training videos that teach you how to create an expense report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Certify Expense by Emburse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great app for reporting and keeping track of your expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certify Expense by Emburse makes it easier to shop for what you need without having to wait for someone with a company card to make the purchase. You can purchase your items and create an expense report and get reimbursed quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

The fact that either I or an employee can contact customer service for assistance with using the system is by far my biggest reason for liking Certify.The system is quite easy to use but if one needs the assistance, it is a matter of asking. You don't have an endless round about of who has permission to even ask for assistance just to get a report completed or to even print reports out of the system. Unlike our previous expense application as trying to get anything done was tortuous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The auto-fill feature needs a bit of tweaking as we have had quite a few previous issues with receipts uploading with the date of capture instead of what is on the actual receipt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting all employees to process using the same process is a big win in my book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Certify system make the submission process easy. Receipts can be attached per expense line category and make it easy for the approval to review and send inquiry to employee for comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certify system is a pre-defined system. It is very difficult to customize to your specific needs and need solutions to work around to make it work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review the Certify approval rules and exchange rate policy to make sure they fit your company needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past, our company does not have automation process and everything is manual. Certify expense report system make it easy for submission and approval, especially during pandemic time. Receipts can be uploaded instantly to avoid missing receipts. Company can also archive the expense report in the system to reduce manual paper expense report and easy for storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The times that I have had to reach out for assistance to navigate the system, the representative has been pleasant, and helpful. I appreciate not having to work through multiple AVR's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Thus far, I am pleased to report that I have not had any negative experiences with Certify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once all parties are sufficiently trained, the site is user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to promptly reimburse employee expenses is a valuable resource. We are able to view and create reports that allow us to track expenses by person and cost center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Importing credit card transactions automatically, pre-approval process, additional documentation feature for expense line items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Workflow process an expense report has to go through to be approved (i.e expense report has a specific manager for approval but that manager has their own manager for approval and so the report would go to them at the end instead of to the accountant after the initial approval) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real time expense management and controlling cost. ROI on time spent toward month end with all things expense reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our organization now has visibility into spending that was previously lost in paper. Our AP team can focus on other important projects with the efficiencies they have achieved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement in reporting capabilities and distinction between expense reimbursements and invoice payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it - get rid of paper as soon as possible. The effort of transitioning is greatly paid back in the efficiencies when you are on the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have achieved a greater level of efficiency and control over our spending and transitioned to utilizing ACH payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

O
What do you like best?

Certify is very user friendly! We are able to post expenses so much faster now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options available when setting up accounts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've drastically cut down on the amount of paper and time we used printing reports, etc. Certify has been a great choice for our company. It has allowed us to become more efficient and is a huge time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I love best about certify is that I can forward receipts received by email from airlines, hotels, and other vendors directly to receipts@certify.com from my registered email address, and it automatically adds those receipts to my certify wallet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I seriously dislike about certify, however it would be easier if I could save a copy of submitted reports in fewer clicks, or if a report was automatically populated and emailed to me once it has completed the approval process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my previous company, expense reporting was painstaking process of photographing and manually uploading receipts and documenting through a homegrown application. Certify makes it easy with email receipt capture, as well as capture and input directly from your mobile phone. The greatest benefit has been the speed at which I can enter, complete and submit a report. I can complete a report in less than 5 minutes, which results in more productivity on other tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Certify is that I don't have to wait to submit my receipts and expenses. I can keep up with them on the go and file my report once a week. I haven't missed a single deadline and wound up not being able to get reimbursed for anything since moving to Certify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I've ever had with the program was having to search for each person that I'm adding to an event one at a time. If I could select multiple people at a time it would make things move a lot faster for my larger events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a great solution for streamlining your expense reporting and management I can't think of a better solution than Certify. Easy to use, convenient, and great support make it a winning choice for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Certify I'm using less paper and taking less time working on expense reports and I'm getting paid a lot faster and more transparently since I can quickly look at past reports and see if there was anything missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.