Elucidat Reviews & Product Details

Elucidat Overview

What is Elucidat?

The smarter, faster way to produce, distribute and measure transformative elearning. Elucidat's authoring platform is used by the world's most successful organizations to produce, manage and measure modern online learning experiences. Fuelled by a team that believes in the power of learning to make a difference, Elucidat offers unparalleled support and guidance to help their clients deliver real-life impact. USE ELUCIDAT TO: >> Produce more effective elearning - Manage your brand across thousands of project variations. Quickly customize and combine your library of tried and tested templates to make high-impact elearning, every time. >> Work smarter and faster - Role-based features to support your entire organization, from content producers to subject matter experts and stakeholders. Anyone can contribute, review or author elearning at any time. >> Manage and distribute quality learning at scale - Translate projects and control multiple updates at the click of a button. Choose from a range of release types to reach your learners where they are. >> Measure your impact - Use our unrivaled analytics suite to understand learner behavior and deliver greater impact. OUR CUSTOMERS SAY: >> “As we scale up our production and increase our speed to market, the ROI we get from Elucidat just keeps getting better.” Jim Packard, Product Manager at Franklin Covey >> "All I can say is that Elucidat has hands down the best customer service I’ve ever experienced. They go the extra mile to help find solutions and lead by example and through demonstration. Can’t thank you enough for all the help!" Nikhil Lakhani, MS Society

Elucidat Details
German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

The Elucidat platform gives you a smarter, faster way to produce, distribute and measure transformative elearning, at scale.

If you want to produce high-quality digital learning at scale then Elucidat is the best authoring tool for the job.

Elucidat is designed for learning teams who need to support thousands of learners with great learning. The platform includes features for collaborative authoring and review; smart workflows for translations and managing multiple versions of a project; an analytics suite to give you actionable insights and much more. And, the licenses give you unlimited authors, which means you can have as many people across your organization involved in producing elearning as you like.

Get a demo to find out more.

Elucidat

Elucidat Reviews

Showing 35 Elucidat reviews
Already have Elucidat?
Technical Trainer - Railway Operations
What do you like best?

I was a complete beginner a week ago. Elucidat is very intuitive and easy to self-learn. There is a wealth of different page styles so that you can build engaging e-learning solutions very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the edit icons for the different page elements can be quite close together and easy to click on the wrong one. Text editing would be better if it acted a little more like MS Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are only at the trial/evaluation stage so it is too early to answer this question. We will definitely continue to use Elucidat as we can share a licence with our sister company Hitachi Rail who have unlimited author access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Too early to say but I've been using Elucidat to put together a showcase of what we might be able to achieve. I'm sure i t will be a great benefit in the future. This is my team's first real foray into e-learning , so choosing the right tool is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Manager
What do you like best?

Elucidat is a brilliant tool. I use it for communicating changes to frontline call centre staff and it is really easy to put together great looking pages that are really visual, interactive and engaging. I can create communications that look like web pages without any knowledge of coding or any other technical knowledge for that matter. We are in pilot stage for using Elucidat for this purpose at the moment but initial feedback has been really positive and I'm really excited about how we can change the way we communicate with our call centre staff using Eluicdat to engage them. Also, the Elucidat support team are really helpful and respond very quickly if you need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything I don't like yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't hesitate. It's a great tool that is being improved all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a very old fashioned and drab way of communicating changes to our frontline call centre staff. Elucidat has really transformed the way our communications look and how people engage with them. Our Learning team have been using Elucidat for delivering learning for some time but I thought it would be great to use it for something different and so far we have had a really positive response (we are testing at the moment but will introduce it to all our call centres over the next few months). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Elucidat
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

There are many possibilities for customizing projects. This can be done without long training, although a lot of experience as an author makes it easier of course. Other platforms often require templates first before something can be created. At Elucidat you can always continue to fine tune and make things exactly as you wish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As always he strength is also a weakness.. So many options in so many different positions within the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make a good comparison and weigh pros and cons. In some areas, Elucidat is very different from other authoring tools. It's your decision if this is a pro or a con. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very divers. Internal projects, projects about general topics and specific projects voor clients. Everything is possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Elucidat is intuitive, interactive and engaging. But above all else, the support on hand is incredible. Responsive, personable, timely, they will always have a solution for you, no matter what your query. If Elucidat doesn't support certain features, they will always consider it for the future via updates. Highly recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Launchpad doesn't function as a full LMS, however they have made that clear when you book the demo. There were a few issues with some of my released links, especially with Apple users (i.e. user receives unique link which turns out to be broken). I'm sure that Elucidat is working on solving these bugs and will have an update soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the support on hand to make the most of your course building. They will not build courses for you, but they will certainly give you the right advice and guidance. They've got some excellent resources for course building which you should check out, especially their how to guides, blogs and other articles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating seamless elearning experiences that don't look like PPT presentations for people with MS. Elucidat is very intuitive and user friendly with fantastic features that allow authors to create engaging courses for a wide range of users with multiple needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Learning & Engagement Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The highlights of working with Elucidat are 1) the support & development team, 2) the simplicity of the end-user experience, and 3) the flexibility of the tool. 1) The team at Elucidat has been very responsive and helpful in helping me figure out how to actualize things I want to do with the software. They are patient and ask great questions to understand what I am aiming to do so they can offer a solution. I appreciate how they will create copies of my projects and try out a solution to show me and work through options. 2) I have had very positive experiences with getting people who are totally new to online or mobile learning be able to confidently participate in learning modules through Elucidat, both on mobile devices and computers. This is so important! 3) There are so many things we can do with this tool, and the ability to work with language translations and scaled versions for different devices is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Elucidat is flexible and has a broad feature set, but it hasn't always been easy to get what I am looking for. The documentation has been insufficient in a lot of cases and it's not always straightforward to figure out how to achieve something, especially when there are various ways to accomplish something, old versions of a feature still available, etc. The support team's patience and flexibility has been essential for helping figure things out and make things work. Also clearly sometimes there is a trade-off between what I want to do and keeping it simple and scalable for users and as simple as possible on the back-end. Lastly, there have been some challenges around what activity data is stored and how we can access it to evaluate learners and our designs and some accessibility features we were looking for. The image library feature had a lot of room for improvement as well. The development and improvements in this and other areas are ongoing and the team seems to have good priorities for developments and improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider if you are comfortable with having to do some trial and error and use not always the most intuitive back-end design process and/or having to work with the support team along the way sometimes in exchange for the range of features and simplicity for end-users.

Check in about specific accessibility or language features you might need.

This software seems to me to be better-suited for self-led learning experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching people who would otherwise be hard to engage without a learning tool like this that is mobile-friendly, self-paced, requires little bandwidth and super-easy to figure out and use on your own whether you have any past experience with online/mobile learning or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning & Development Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Wonderful templates and ease of use as an author. The finished products are aesthetically impressive and intuitive for end users. When questions arise, the Elucidat team is always there to support. Finally, the inclusive nature of the platform is wonderful: gifting projects to other authors and having many authoring suites within the same environment does wonders to make e-learning design a collaborative process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real downsides on a macro level. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to copy objects in isolation from page and then to paste them to another page. At present, you have to copy the entire page and then discard what you don't want. Nothing else I can think of! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Routinely visit the Elucidat Showcase for inspiring ideas.

Leverage the Learning Hub - a great resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Authoring time and quality of output has increased dramatically. Our end users truly enjoy interacting with more engaging projects. As I create new content and update older courses from other authoring tools, the learner feedback is overwhelmingly positive. The ability to share designs and even pages (e.g., navigation guides) between courses allows us to maintain consistency in learner experiences where necessary no matter who is doing the authoring work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am not technical, but the easy way the product builds your session is simple and easy to learn. The support from Elucidat is great and they are always there to help and guide you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I like this tool and would buy it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple well priced authoring tool, freindly and helpful tech staff who work with you to get the most out of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to reach a large work force really quickly, the only limitation is your imagination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mrs
What do you like best?

Love the fact that I was able to share the ideas of my peers, to really bring to life my learning content. I am new to the world of learning and Elucidat, but with the help of tireless and enthusiastic supportive team of Elucidat, I learnt to use it quickly.

I am sure that I have only scratched the surface, so looking forward to learning more and improving my modules, bit by bit.

The ability to tell the story to bring it to a busy life is empowering.

Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be even better if the pictures could be cropped and rotated inside the tool.

Would be great if the brand would be automatically applied too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Updating the training and making it digital for the area of the business, that has not had it previously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Trainings Associate Director
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Their platform is easy to work with (a ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ WYSIWYG platform) and their “quizzes” had the greatest flexibility matched up with ease of use. I love the interactive platform -- it is the best at making a simple, good lucking system, quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The back-end is more cumbersome than it needs to be. Some streamlining of the editing stages will help -- especially how buttons interact with the pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teaching online at its best has little representation to in-person trainings. But that does not make it unworthwhile. It can teach certain kinds of skills — with a preference towards hard skills that are knowable (versus soft skills that are intuited). And as the technology shifts, more may quickly become possible.

As we began building the sessions, we realised we had to re-think which skills we could transmit via the online skill-ups. Some skills are harder to transfer (doing a 1-on-1, for example). Others are easier (how to identify a target, for example).

One breakthrough occurred when we realised we can pose questions and, with some limitation, respond to their answers. The online skill-up Advanced Campaigning Lessons used a case study format that had people interact with a real life case and then get asked: “What would you do?”

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training and development specialist for digital learning
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

help link = customer approach, easy to use templates, great UX design for creators and users, great responsivity on various devices, online release as a fast way to share the prototype of the course, or solution for those who do not have LMS system, the fact that they are developing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

lack of possibility to customise templates. sometimes the fact that it is a cloud solution can be a stopper for us (in the czech republic) - so possibility for updatable desk top solution.

the fact that if the license is not prolonged, our customers and ourselves lose the online links Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

consider the number of authors in your company, consider if you want to resell the projects or use them internally. consider IT security restrictions - cloud solution (but all of this was after all ok with a financial institution) so it is always a question if you want it or not :)

I definitely recomment it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All the problems regarding digital training can be solved with Elucidat. With this tool we finally hear from users: oh, now I see that e-learning is really not a re-done powerpoint presentation", or "oh, e-learning can be actually fun to go through", or "oh, I really learnt something"...or "finally the e-learnings are not the necessary hell as they used to be" ...

benefits: easy to use, best customer service I have ever experienced, easy cooperation with several authors, project and role sharing, easy reviewing and releasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I love Elucidat's easy to use interface as well as the support that I have received from the company. They are responsive and have helped with both training and suggestions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features could still benefit from updates or fixes. For example, if I highlight text and hit Delete, the text does not actually delete, just the space in front of the highlighted text. Inserting images into text boxes can also create some formatting issues, especially when trying to use bullets. I would also love an easy way to be able to copy pages, or parts of pages, for reuse in the same or a different project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are creating organization specific learning that is more engaging in order to increase employee completion of learning and satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director
E-Learning
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and allows for multiple editors. Verticle flow is a great addition to creating larger more modern feeling leanring. Comments on the development are well integrated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of variables, more flecible layering and popup boxes needed. Greater range of interactions and feedback options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not for complex solutions but great for long courses, small bitesize learning and cross platform compatability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lage pieces of e-learning are easier to develop as the verticle flow avoids the use of many seperate pages.

Solid cross platform/device support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

We've been using Elucidat for several years, and I have found the team to be very helpful when responding to issues that both I and our end-users have encountered. I have also noticed that Elucidat is constantly making improvements that help me provide a better finished product to my learners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main limitation I've identified is the inability of the system to generate completion emails to learners. If that could be included, the process would work perfectly for our needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Once Elucidat developed the add-on analytics to the platform, I was able to discontinue the use of the costly LMS we had been using, thus resulting in a savings for our institution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning Solutions Developer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Elucidat is very flexible and helps us build custom e-learning easily, and rapidly if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is more about our LMS / firewall than Elucidat. With the back-up SCORM packages, there are still some minor edits that we need to make to the launch.html files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software! And even better customer support! The Elucidat team is awesome about answering questions about issues that you may experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Elucida is so user-friendly and flexible as an authoring tool, that we have been able to minimize how much we need the other authoring software that we use (Captivate, Storyline, etc.). We can create branching courses again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IC
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The team have a wealth of knowledge and are able to provide not only the software but also the training support to help new organisations and employees adopt and use the platform successfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to get reactive support as the team do not publish office or mobile numbers, instead favouring a system generated support ticket or email support process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initial requirement is to deliver Group statutory training across 10+ countries, thereafter Elucidat will be used for soft skill team and management development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Studio Manager
Design
What do you like best?

Elucidat makes creating great looking, responsive e-learning an absolute breeze. We can create things far faster in this tool than others and at the same time we get to rely on the fantastic job it does of presenting that same information across multiple devices with very little testing or adjustment from us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price point can be a little off-putting for our customers. So it's not always suitable for some who wish to keep the e-learning updated once we have produced it. It would be great to have a lower initial entry point for a single author. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool which you can rely on, and need to quickly create and deploy great looking e-learning, this is the tool for you. It is more pricey than others, but you get what you pay for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's efficiency in creating a great looking output, means that we are able to get through large numbers of modules in good time. Or, we're able to really craft a single experience for end users, giving them a unique, modern web-based feel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Intuitive design and ability to produce fit-for-purpose content rapidly is a real benefit to us. We have subject matter experts producing content, and with some simple training they've been able to go away and produce good quality learning solutions. Using branded themes means we have consistent look and feel, and the inbuilt reporting is a brilliant feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest! Would perhaps like better organisation in the asset library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely include Elucidat in your shortlist. If you need non-elearning professionals to develop content, elucidat is an ideal product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are an out-of-hours business, so being able to provide consistent content to a widely dispersed group in a manner that allows the learner to control the experience is very important. We have a very professional and willing learning community, and what we're seeing withe elucidat is a growing capability to harness knowledge and experience and share it across the communiity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning and Development Specialist
Government Administration
What do you like best?

Overwhelmingly positive learner experience with learning projects that are fun and fast to create. Whether a long, complex design, or a short learning burst the platform is always a joy to work with. It must also be said that whenever questions arise, support is always there in a timely fashion. The team is fantastic and very responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little to be honest. In terms of the product platform, it does exactly what e-learning authors need it to do. I suppose that I could ask for even more interactions to be build, but the current toolkit is pretty solid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of authoring and ready-made templates

Broader authoring base possible due to license structure

Integration with Docebo LMS

Ability to create engaging e-learning courses

Fantastic support team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy adaptation of courses for multiple audiences; easy of access to material for external consumption; increased ROI on the licensing of the authoring tool given that we can have unlimited authors; shortened period between course design and publishing; increased interest in the use of e-learning to share organization knowledge to its members in more engaging ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Designer / L&D Consultant
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The look and feel of the tool. It's also intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are some bugs that put some difficulty when creating projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now we have courses with a better learning experience to the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Learning Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The platform is well laid out and provides good options for reviewers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like the option to download screen shots into Word, at the press of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Intuitive to use, good support, reliable software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Elucidat has helped us to provide inexpensive digital solutions to replace and improve on classroom training, providing better statistics on knowledge retention by the inclusion of assessments, which were rarely used in classroom sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It is the only authoring tool I use so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I really enjoy using it to create e-learning, especially the addition of the Layout Designer function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that really frustrates me is the time it takes to upload anything and complete actions. Sometimes I have forgotten what my next action was going to be by the time the previous action has been saved/completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing the cost of learning products by replacing some f2f with e-learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Coach. Team coach. Leadership Development
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

How we can build pages quick and easy and with lots of flexibility. Also, that different screen sizes are easy to check - responsiveness works.

Also, that a group of us can work on the same project and have comments as part of our workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Keeping track of our resources, like pictures, icons, videos etc. You need a quite expensive contract to get the easy solution to this.

Everything is point-and-click and I miss more abilities to copy and paste parts of pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple users developing multiple programmes / projects, you currently need the Enterprise solution, in order to keep track of the pieces you use (pictures, icons, videos, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are building blended learning programmes and are currently piloting our biggest project. So far, the users like everything that Elucidat represents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Production
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The ability to author online and share development with a team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile navigation has left us wanting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our primary use of Elucidat was for authoring. The pricing for just authoring is way to high for the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gives clients an option for a responsive solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Publishing Assistant
What do you like best?

Building content in Elucidat is only limited by the creativity of the user; it is dynamic and continually improving, making its value over time extremely clear to me as a daily user. I can achieve what I envision to build 99% of the time, and actually enjoy making content in Elucidat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a selection of options for translation in Elucidat, but due to the nature and volume of our content it is not particularly easy to manage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to serve interactive, engaging, mobile responsive content to our users. We are able to continually iterate, improving our modules over time. The time taken to build content that looks and functions better than our old modules is much shorter, meaning increased productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The employees of Elucidat are very fast in finding and proposing a solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no possibility to call in. this would wake this more easy for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The development of e-learnings does take a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none. I don't have something to add to this question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Elucidat?

Elucidat Categories on G2