Ecwid Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I’m very impressed with the ease of setting up my boutique with Ecwid. The free package is a great starting platform. The support team have been incredibly helpful, informative and quick when I’ve had the odd query - 10/10 for customer service.

The suggested use of free apps to tailor make your website are super helpful and well worth using.

Another enormous plus are the tutorials on so many areas of how to get the best out of Ecwid, with numerous helpful videos. Great regular blogs too which provide insightful ways to enhance and build your business.

In summary, I’m really pleased I chose Ecwid as my business website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some basic actions require an upgrade from Venture, such as being able to write myself a note on an order ie separate emailed information from customer that I can’t add to the order; using post its is ok in the short term on paper invoice but this is a basic action that would be very helpful if it were part of the Venture package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free for life option - you can upgrade if you wish to. As you grow you can upgrade gradually and Ecwid will grow with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m not an IT guru, so having a ready made platform was far more manageable than setting up a website from scratch. Ecwid layouts provide a professional look I was looking for, many, like mine, are free.

Ecwid saves a lot of time:

1. Ease of integrating a choice of customer payment systems

2. Ecwid’s analytics provided on the dashboard are quick to digest

3. Great way to speed up products being in my boutique with copying products, dragging photos into listings (far quicker than hunting them out and adding)

4. Customer listing and options for promotional emails, setting up coupons (discounts), site editing etc are a breeze Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecwid Overview

What is Ecwid?

Ecwid is the easiest way to add an online store to any webpage or social media profile. Used by hundreds of thousands of merchants in 175 countries, Ecwid has everything you need to reach your customers wherever they are: in-person, through your website, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, or Google Shopping. And with Ecwid’s point-of-sale integrations, email marketing integrations and dedicated mobile app, you can manage your marketing, merchandising, and sales any time, anywhere.

Ecwid Details
Discussions
Ecwid Community
German, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

Ecwid offers the performance and flexibility you need, with none of the hassles you don't.

Ecwid E-commerce is the only freemium platform on the market and allows merchants to sell forever on a free plan. In addition to Ecwid's omni-channel capabilities it is the one platform that can be effectively embedded onto any CMS or site builder ( like WordPress, Weebly, Wix, Joomla or any place that accepts javascript) allowing merchants to retain their investment in their original platform.

Ecwid
2009
Encinitas, CA
@ecwid

Ecwid Videos

Ecwid Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Ecwid community
Have you used Ecwid before?

Ecwid Reviews

Showing 197 Ecwid reviews
Already have Ecwid?
Design Engineer
Regional Sales Manager (Oracle SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
What do you like best?

I have a fashion/clothing brand in Pakistan. The most important factor here is availability of shopping cart (product catalogue) at various channel with minimal customization on each channel. Ecwid gives me website, facebook, Instagram and other out of the box platform integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The modular enehcements are a bit annoying. Like it can easily add invoice customization and order editing in basic modules but you need to buy additional which is a bit annoying.

Instagram for business is not present here in Pakistan which is also a problem.

Also limited out of the box platform for payment integration in Pakistan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I told you I have a small business and although i am from technology world but my expertise are technology sales. So when it comes to implementation i have a beginner status.

Ecwid is so simple to deploy that me with no real technical background easily can deploy, run and manage Ecwid as per my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO, Founder
What do you like best?

The ease of setup and the integration possibilities. The setup has you going through steps which make it clear what part of the store is being set up so you don't get overwhelmed. After the store is setup, you get tips over time on how to make the store better, which once again makes for a good drip-feed of information so you don't get overwhelmed. A very good experience.

On top of that, the integration is as easy as copying an embed code and it seamlessly integrates with your website. A lot of companies advertise this seamlessness, but in reality it is very hard to achieve without coding. This does it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered no serious issues I dislike so far. The more advanced features like a multilingual store are behind a subscription upgrade, but they are fair. For myself I am just in a tri-lingual region, but a regular store would be doing really well if they transitioned into a multi-language store, so it makes sense that these more advanced features are part of a higher subscription fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did a lot of research and tried about 3 other competitors. Just try ECWID and you'll be online in no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have a webshop that is completely integrated on my website. You can't tell that it is an external shop. I used to have a webshop that would open up in a complete different page/tab. Now my webshop is just part of my website and matches the design and colors as well. And as stated earlier, the integration is as easy as copy/pasting an embed code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ms.
What do you like best?

Ease to manage, friendly and stable. The platform allows us to do from beginner style things, to pro status. The add ons that different developers offers, are ok, many in differtent languages. The Marketin App Kliken, is ok, but it could be deepened since it's a very powerful tool, but as it's configured on Ecwid, it's very basic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our company has received down status from the front end, and for it to be an eCommerce platform, you can't have downtime for more than a few minutes. Also support is not that fast, for our queries. Features as Monthly Subscription Options should be available, now that;s a trend more than ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check the add ons first, and always do a trial before you buy. As any other platform, the more you pay, the more you receive. Obviously when you reach to the Enterprise Level, you acquire a much more stronger platform, than expected, that's for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've worked around a centralized eCommerce platform, that allows us to satisfy every worldwide customer. Our sales now are centralized with the platform, and we switched our business approach, to be 100% online sales, Covid helped this a lot to grow about eCommerce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customizable features of the storefront are superb along with the ease of creating products and specializing each of them. I have found no other e-commerce platform that has the ease of the store setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something that I dislike about this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is your goto platform if you are new or experienced within the e-commerce world. I have no doubts Ecwid will absolutely fulfill your every expectation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecwid takes the load off of high incoming sales. Once everything is setup, you can then automate it as well. My customers immediately get notified of their purchase and shipping status, along with being connected to my membership site because Ecwid works with Zapier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Ecwid was easy to start and to use. Even for a person like me, without any technical background. Very well written help articles. And the support team is the best for my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Was one moment, but I wrote to the support team and they fixed my problem. For now I'm totally happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You always can try to use Ecwid. They have free option. Cancellation policy is also easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecwid helps me to save my money. And to reach my customer in proper way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to add products and plug it into my WordPress site! It's really nice to be able to get to all the settings right within my WordPress admin area. I can log in to Ecwid itself but I can also save time I just do everything from within WordPress. I like how easy it is to enable and disable products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little easier way to configure shipping but shipping is tricky to configure with any ecommerce plugin. I wish there was a way to add extra weight for packaging items. I also wish there was a way to add video to the product photo gallery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would just take a minute to give it a try. They have a free plan with limited product uploads but this will give you a taste of how simple it is. If you have a WordPress site, their plugin is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making it efficient to get my products on my site. It's quite easy with Ecwid. I've used others before and this was a breeze (which saves me time!). I'm also a web developer and have used other WordPress plugins and I was surprised how easy Ecwid was to implement and get things going. I'll be recommending this as a standalone and as a plugin to extend WordPress. I also wish there was a way to schedule the product to be enabled (or have it go live). That would be a great feature. For my business, I tell my enewsletter sign ups when my shop will go live. I can get everything ready but then I need to go and enable everything at once. It would be nice to set that time. It's not hard now because the enable/disable toggles are right there in the product listing but it would be nice not to have to be at my computer to enable them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This will be the third website I have tried and it is the easiest to use!

Everything is very easy to use and adjust! I am not that computer literate and I have found that this add to cart website is very easy for me to navigate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have found hard to learn is changing the wording for emails.

You need to go into a certain area and try and figure out how to adjust the wording for confirmation, processing emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have found that using Ecwid has really increased my production time. I am not dealing with customer requests as I am able to list all my options on the website and not have to send individual pictures to each customer and repeat myself a few hundred times to every person! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administration
What do you like best?

The dashboard is very well created and also the many functions are perfect. So we can customize our store perfectly to our needs. We can also customize the design and it is responsive for mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We can not do much with the reports, because the tax calculations are unfortunately not available. However, we can download the reports in excel format and use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to the good design we can offer a modern onlineshop to our customers. Sales are increasing due to good SEO management and marketing. These functions are available in the tool and fully integrated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

THE THINGS THAT I LIKE BEST IS THAT ECWID IS INEXPENSIVE. I PAY $15.00 A MONTH FOR 100 PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR STORE. I ALSO LIKE HOW YOU CAN DESIGN OR STORE WITH FREE WIDGETS. ALSO WITH ECWID IT ALSO WORKS WITH SQUARE AND STRIPE FOR YOU PROCESSING CREDIT CARDS. I LIKE HOW YOU CAN IMPLEMENT INVOICES AND PURCHASE ORDERS. ECWID IS THE SHOPPING CART THAT I CONTINUE TO USE AND IS VERY SATISFIED WITH THE OUTCOME OF THIS COMPANY. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING. ECWID IS THE BEST SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE TOOL FOR ANY BUSINESS FROM BEGINING TO ADVANCE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FIRST OFF ALL I AM SAVING $100.OO FROM THE OTHER LEADING SHOPPING CARTS OUT THEIR ON THE INTERNET. SAVING MONEY IS BETTER FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND IT LETS YOU USE OTHER MONEY FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO SURVIVE THE EPIDEMIC TIME IN THE NATION. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrepreneur
What do you like best?

Operative support of live people, simplicity of settings and increasing the number of functions. I found all the ready integration for my project, for example, it's very easy to connect Stripe. I think Ecwid + Stripe bundle will give its advantages to improve the quality of client service, in my case. So far I like everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, it is not detected. Perhaps at a later stage, I will be able to highlight some shortcomings. In any case, any system has them, if you set the goal to find them. I go from the opposite - to look for advantages and use weapons as efficiently as possible. And sometimes it is enough to communicate with people around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to quickly make the integration of the store into my rozumwear.tech website on the Tilda Publishing platform without any headaches. Convenient checkout and other functions that have already become classic for effective online sales. Especially for people who are far from programming and complex technical issues. So do not be afraid, boldly forward. https://cutt.ly/Uf3Ri5f Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO/Founder
What do you like best?

Dashboard design is so simple to use as it has all the information that I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, nothing really, as everything is done for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to track exactly what my customer is doing is of paramount importance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

We can mention, that this software calls my attention in large quantities, mainly because it is one of the most used systems worldwide, by an exorbitant amount of countries, because it is a large scale e-commerce platform, based on the cloud, which makes it a popular operator in sales, where an organization can execute and carry out the purchase and sale of its products with guaranteed security, both for corporations and potential customers that are in these interfaces on the web, highlighting that their pages are updated frequently and properly, especially with a facility that makes this server a flexible program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view there are certain problems with the capacity of Ecwid, to allow the customization of our specific shipping requirements, which has been presented frequently, being a nefarious error that delays part of the production, not to mention that the design templates that are available are very limited, arising the same problem in the profitability of the labor processes that are performed frequently, being an imminent delay in these areas of production, requiring systematic improvements, including that sometimes all these activities can be confusing in large masses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ecwid is an ideal software for organizations that need an e-commerce portal or website, to post their most outstanding products and meet an excellent margin in the sales that can be made, more than anything else can be used as a cart to redirect users who are governed in these areas of the web, to make different purchases of some product of their interest, attracting them so that these individuals can buy in their respective website and thus increase and viral in the pages that govern certain resources that your company manipulates, being a system quite advisable in high economic scales, carrying out a durable and efficient marketing per. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecwid is being used in most of our organization, in the main areas based on e-commerce of our digital business, promoting a high balance in the sales that have been made lately, since the beginning of its implementation in the company, being a total success, or rather an excellent investment in annexing the facilities of this program in the platform that belongs to us as a corporation, mostly encouraged in the shopping part of our website, maintaining offers impossible to refuse, acquiring incredible amounts of purchases by individuals who browse through these branches, allowing to manage the orders in a very organized and clean way, especially for the calculation of the shipment of such products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is super-simple to embed a payment button. I also like the account interface as it's very clean, simple and intuitive.

I also love the fast payment solution for customers. When you are selling online, it's important to make it as pain-free as possible for your customers and I think Ecwid has achieved that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the buttons on the website load a bit slow, it would be great if that could be improved upon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because we don't have a webshop on our website, we needed a fast payment solution where the customer can purchase our service in a few clicks without creating an account, etc. This speed is crucial. Also, I love the fact that they can choose from PayPal or Stripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consultant; Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist-Supervisor
What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ability to sell ebooks and other electronic products on the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ecwid is meant for folks who have multiple products to sell. Novices or those with smaller inventories may feel overwhelmed by the options on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore all of the available features so that you can make the use of the platform. Enjoy the sale! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Ecwid to sell products for my coaching business. The benefit of being able to sell self-published ebooks and other electronic documents is valuable. Ecwid is allowing me to meet the needs of my clients by offering the types of products that my future clients need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ecwid is affordable and has more features than other platforms, their customer service is brilliant and goes out of there way to help me when I'm stuck.

Product entering and checkout are very easy to use and never have an issue!

It allows you up to 2500 products, which is a huge amount if you think about it, so this gives me plenty of flexibility in my range

There are also plenty of payment gateways, so you never lose a sale Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have Zip pay integrated into Ecwid is it is not currently available, if this was integrated, it would work perfectly for the Australian market as a lot of shoppers use Zip each day, my sales may even increase

Apart from that, Ecwid has been excellent and there is not much I don't like about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't think you will get better value for money from any other platform, highly recommended Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They help me drive sales, lot's of tips and it's so easy to use. Comes with an app so I can work on the run!

Heaps of apps available, a lot of them are free which is great, this helps me to market and manage my products and advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

Ability to post products, descriptions and set prices easily. Fairly simple setup with main site web creator, Squarespace and payment processor, Stripe. Reporting strong. Customer service is stellar -- really helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Freshbooks accounting not inherent. Real-time inventory/availability functionality wasn't a good fit for our service-based business (we rent equipment, not sell. Customers often were renting items that were not available.) Bespoke customization needed for customers to also book TIMES for services needed, not just dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Ecwid so customers can automatically book equipment rentals, pay for the booking (or a deposit), and provide important delivery information. Benefits are a 98% decrease in direct customer service calls - a huge plus with a small staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

If it is electronic commerce, you should have ECWID at your disposal. You will have the best platform in the palm of your hand that will allow you to better reach potential users. The easier it will be to make a purchase for your customers and you can modify your marketing style in a certain way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its templates and design are not to my liking, however it allows me to work with that. And you must purchase the paid version, since the free version has very limited tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it mainly to small companies, businesses or boutiques, you will have a better performance in your e-commerce, and your clients will feel reliable and calm when making a purchase.

I recommend the tools since they are intuitive and easy to fit into the company in order to increase and manage sales more optimally, thus offering remarkable results and the increase of new customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I managed to personalize each product that I have registered, our company is small and all of its tools really work for us to get potential clients and increases since with this platform we manage our sales in a reliable and safe way.

It also offers tools to us to use as a sales magnet in order to offer the best solution in attention and sales, I like it and I think it is incredible software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The dimensional shipping available on the business plan has improved the courier estimates we can offer customers. Being able to offer different size and model options is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This review process is long and annoying! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can offer a larger range of products with the business plan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I was able to easily set-up my shopping cart over a weekend and even plug it in myself without the help of experts. In the past I have paid $8,000 and up for a shopping cart on Shopify. This one was way more simple to understand and build and I was making money within a few days! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a little more customization - The menu button on my site is still too small and I don't know how to make the font larger. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Less expensive and easy to use if you have a current website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecwid helped us understand how to tax and tie in with Clover which is our new POS system. We are selling on our site and it is working very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.