Duo Security Reviews & Product Details

Technical Specialist
What do you like best?

The entire work team can be satisfied with the modern access security it provides, taking into account that it is designed to protect all users, devices and applications that are desired, providing secure access for any user and device, in any environment and from anywhere. Duo's access security protects each and every one of our apps, credentials and compromised devices, for this, its comprehensive coverage helps ensure compliance with requirements with ease. We can quickly integrate it into our business system, natively, thus obtaining flexible security that is easy to use and manage. Providing benefits for users, administrators and IT teams alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it is limited in terms of remembering the devices we access, we must verify our identity every time we log in, it would be much faster to enter the platform if more than one access was remembered, so this This aspect can be frustrating for some users, but for us it is not of great importance and we continue to be satisfied with the use that we have given this software so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is ideal to keep the company safe against threats that may affect its performance. You can verify the identity of users and the health of their devices with which they enter before they connect to the sites. It makes security simple, allowing you to focus on what is important. It is a trustworthy and very reliable cloud-based platform, so it is fast and light, with a very easy integration and does not require extensive knowledge to configure it, in addition its interface is very clean, allowing its rapid understanding and adaptation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We respond faster to threats with a scalable and easy-to-implement solution that natively protects all applications. We get the peace of mind that we have the best visibility and the confidence that this software can give us. We have good security for confidential information. We rigorously focus on protecting access through applications and networks, from any user, device and location. Our business implementations are more complex and nuanced. We address security threats before they become problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Duo Security Overview

What is Duo Security?

Duo Security's frictionless Trusted Access platform protects users, data and applications from malicious hackers and data breaches. Our mission is to protect your mission. Duo Security makes security painless, so you can focus on what's important. Our scalable, cloud-based Trusted Access platform addresses security threats before they become a problem. We do this by verifying the identity of your users and the health of their devices before they connect to the apps you want them to access.

Duo Security Details
German, English, French

Cloud-based user authentication vendor: authenticate with your phone, Duo mobile app, landline, or tokens with or without an internet connection

Cisco
Total Revenue (USD mm)
$51,904
91,169 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Cisco delivers intent-based networking across the branch, WAN, and cloud. We provide end-to-end security, automation, and analytics with award-winning services and support.

Duo Security Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Duo Security community
Have you used Duo Security before?

Duo Security Reviews

Showing 192 Duo Security reviews
Already have Duo Security?
What do you like best?

Our organization is now more secure and protected since we have used Duo Security, due to the innovative security it provides, with which we can provide protection to all potential customers, on any device they enter, in which they may have access safe in any environment and from anywhere. This Duo access trust offers a great solution for each and every one of our credentials and devices committed to an interaction with consumers, highlighting the coverage and scope that it has for us and the same that we offer to all those who prefer us, having correct and respect for compliance with the requirements. It is a very easy platform to integrate, it adapts very quickly to our business system, we can also configure the type of security we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When registering users, this platform usually experiences delays or a small delay, which can create an administrative overload compared to other options on the market, as well as in extreme cases can create delays in notification systems , which can cause problems for user authentication, we know about this and for this reason we implement add-ons to optimize this process and not experience setbacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is perfect to keep any company or organization safe from the attacks of various threats that are currently constant and can also affect the correct development and can even be reflected in revenue. Its tools are efficient to analyze and subsequently verify the identity of potential customers and prospects, observing how their devices are facing digital risks before they connect to the sites that may affect us. The whole process of adaptation and development is very simple, which makes its implementation fast and very reliable, and it is also cloud-based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our responses are faster, we address threats with an easy-to-implement solution. We are more calm and sure that we have a 360º visibility which is possible through the tools that this platform can offer us, in this way our confidential information is highly protected, including through encryption. The new implementations in our system are complex and rigorously focused on protecting the access of any user wherever they are, acting against threats before they become serious problems both for them and for the entire company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Duo makes it so easy to log in to the systems I need to use it with. With just a tap, I am authenticated and logged in! With just a tap, you can generate passcodes right from the convenience of your cell phone! I love that I can have piece of mind, just by quickly opening an app and tapping the button when I log in! I have used authenticators in the past that were not so easy and you surely could not use it from your personal cell pone for work purposes. But now that we use DUO at work, it is so much easier than jobs before, when it comes to safety and passcodes. DUO authenticator is the best app I have ever had the pleasure of using at work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are absolutely NO downsides to using DUO! How can you not love it! It is so simple and easy to use! The ONLY thing I dislike is not anyone's fault but my own. I hate when I leave my phone in another room ad I am in my office about to log in and realize that I do not have my phone with me and have to run to where I left it to tap the button to authenticate. But that is my own forgetfulness lol. But I seriously recommend anyone who needs an authenticator to try out DUO! Just give it a shot! You will absolutely LOVE IT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! It is absolutely the easiest way to authenticate, with just a tap on your phone you can quickly authenticate or get a passcode right from your cell phone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to add an extra layer of security to our work. I use it every single day, and it actually makes me feel like my work is more secure when I tap that button to authenticate. It is great! I have been using DUO every day since starting this job and it is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Easy to use and could transfer to my new phone. I was also able to help many of our employees learn how to use it without much hardship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had to contact my company's helpdesk to transfer the key to another phone, but that may vary depending on your workplace. We have a good helpdesk team, so it was more of a hassle. It could also depend on the package purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've used Duo at both my current workplace, and at a prior one. For employers, it makes it easier to track clock-in times of the user for timecard purposes. I recommend encouraging your team by explaining the use of this app will help them demonstrate they are on time. Of course, a relationship of trust should already be developed before this conversation, but it is beneficial to be able to have something to show in case explanations are needed when reporting to higher management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having many of our employees work from home while handling private information, we needed services that could help us all maintain security in addition to vpn-access servers. This way, our databases remain safe even before the vpn servers are accessed.

No issues so far after almost a year of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auxiliar administrativo
What do you like best?

What I like most about Duo Security is that it is a very easy to use tool that allows you to protect your accounts from being hacked. Since I no longer worry about being a victim of hacking, I recommend it a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I like least about Duo Security, is that it is not totally free and that at least in the mobile version I use, it has a limit of accounts and that in addition, not all the apps are in its list, I hope that with time more will be added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to Duo Security, specifically with my mobile version, I have avoided some hacking attempts on my social networks. Moreover, thanks to Duo, I didn't have to memorize many passwords, some apps just ask me for the code in real time and that's it. I highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fellow
What do you like best?

It is extremely secure and safe easy to use protected app to ensure no data hacking while working online With various ways to verify yourself as the registered user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The timeout happens pretty Quick and needs strong internet else won't run Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do use tje app for any privacy or authentication related work to make things secure and safe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are working online dealing with confidential information withbthe assurance of data getting safe and only regisyered users being able to get access to it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Specialist
What do you like best?

Duo Security is a very good tool for the security of our company. The most remarkable element of this Software is the two-factor authentication, it is very useful and practical once everything has been configured correctly. Logging in is really easy with the multiple options it offers, from running directly to digital accessories such as smart watches and also obtaining a code through Duo Mobile and entering it at the site where we want to log in. After the installation and configuration process, using it daily does not represent a major complication, it has a good interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have nothing really bad to limit with respect to this software, we have used it for a long time in our company and the only problem that arose was difficulties with the configuration but once it is done everything works very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great software for us, which performs its functions efficiently, quickly and safely. It is affordable in cost compared to other platforms, making it affordable for small businesses. Its web and mobile platform is intuitive and easy to use. We have not had problems of any kind. We recommend it for any type of company that needs to protect its data and accounts in a competent way, it also generates peace of mind and you will not have any concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having used Duo Security as our security software in our facilities saved us a lot of work because thanks to this it made it much easier for us to protect our most important data and at the same time provide security to the data of our employees and users . In this way we avoid any type of mishap or theft of information that may occur at some point. For us, it is a software of vital importance for the operation of our company. With its use we have been able to provide a better quality service to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

In my opinion the best authentication methods are invisible, they do their job and get out of the way and if it's done right the impact of the user base is so small but you often forget they're there until you have to hit the single button push notification to sign in, one and done then they go right into the background until they are needed again.

Duo dual Factor security is like that, and it has options to be more visible you can use a authenticator style access with a code oh, you can have it call you and enter in a time-limited number string for access, but bar none those push notifications are done so well that you get used to reaching over unlocking your personal mobile device and granting yourself access with minimal impact but maximum confidence in the security it provides.

Administrating it is a breeze, from managing licenses to granting new users access, I would highly suggest using bulk enrollment even on a single user basis as it's two simple pieces of information vs filling out a user profile, or manually having to set up a device in the system for access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't sat or maybe you can easily set a custom time out for the access, we use this on a lot of multiple RDP session down jump boxes where you might have to deal with environment specific password rules which add extra time in the case of having to do a password change along with dual-factor access, so sometimes you will time out. It's more of a pet peeve though and less of an issue overall, the product works seamlessly there would be more to dislike if it didn't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it highly, after administrating it for 5 years I can say that other solutions I've touched are not as simple and easy, Duo does what it does and gets out of the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All of our authenticated access we have multiple customer vrs which require two-factor authentication on connection, we have business partners with their own engineering teams and managing them and Duo is infinitely simpler then having two managed access with issuing and reissuing and replacing and distribution of RSA tokens, this was a massive chore and undertaking in an Enterprise 10 years ago and I wish I had had Duo then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a cloud-based platform that gives you security against any threat. In this way you can verify the identity of each user and the health of their device before they access or connect to the applications they want. It is easy to install on your mobile, the way to add accounts is simple and it allows you to log in quickly, safely and easily. It has a 2-factor authentication that allows you to reduce the risk of some type of data breach. In general it is very complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our experience has been satisfactory with good results, but sometimes the notifications from the mobile application do not appear and I have to start the application manually, I do not understand why this happens. If this improves it would actually provide better performance to the user. It is not bad software, but it can be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is ideal for any type of company that handles private customer information. You will be sure that all the information that we use and with which you work will be protected, by a security system like Duo that requires you to log in with two devices. Also ideal for business VPN purposes as a second security login to protect sensitive networks. Duo provides security to all market segments. It is easy to configure and use, your team will have significant time savings and constant workflow. We totally recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our entire company uses duo security as it contributes to advanced security when logging into programs, emails, and our platform. It is easy to use and this allows it to be a great ally when we seek to keep our clients' information secure. You can log in at any time from anywhere it's easy and fast. It provides a 2-factor authentication this allows our work team to now maintain a more fluid work and save time since it is more focused and calm as our clients. We provide quality work and guarantee that our entire network is under the great security of our system implemented by duo security. We are happy with the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Duo security is responsible for providing the necessary security to all market segments. You can perform a two-factor authentication for PC applications, laptops, mobiles among others, to prevent data breach, it is easy to manage and it is scalable, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since we started with this platform we have not presented problems or inconveniences but at first it was a bit complicated to configure based on our needs. During the continuity of use it was very stable and solid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is fully recommended for all those companies that wish to improve privacy and provide security to the user accounts of their work team. Their support team is very that they provide the user with first class attention. Our experience has been very satisfactory.

The system in general has provided solutions to maintain security in the company and the files, the second factor process has further blocked the process of receiving and sending files without making it difficult to use the machine, happy with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MFA multi-factor authentication to log in to our servers, in addition to doing it for all our employees' applications, we integrate it into our business password manager, which provides confidence and satisfaction to all administration and users. It is compatible with our cell phones, tablets and smart watches, simply a very good choice for security and privacy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My healthcare organization recently started using DuoMobile (Duo Security) and it has provided convenient safety when logging into my email or employee domain. Considering my employee domain has information on my finances, SS, address, and countless personal information I feel safe having this as a requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a hassle having to approve the login each and every time I want to login to my time card, email, or employee domain. If I am not by my phone, I will have to run to grab it and most of the time it expires and I have to do it all over again. Not to mention if you get a new phone or new phone number it is a huge headache trying to get this all set up again. I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone with IT figuring out how to get it set up with my new iPhone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that I can feel 100% positive that my information will remain safe. If someone tries to login with my info, they have to approve it through DuoMobile and they will not be allowed to if they don't have my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT System Administrator
What do you like best?

Duo Security offers a great option for two factor login. It is easy to deploy and has a great android/apple app that requires minimal permissions to run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we are required to use tokens for land line calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great two factor login software that is easy to deploy, easy to administer. It is also easy for end users to use and great apps for android and apple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I am solving include meeting government standards, and make us compliant. The benefits are greater security with windows logins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Pricing & Planning
What do you like best?

Easy way to enforce two-step verification on any device. You can choose to receive a phone call, text message, or push notification. You also have the option of maintaining your secure connection for 24 hours, so that if you log out, you have the option to log back in without doing the two-step verification process again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software. It is super user friendly and secure at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working remotely presents an increased security risk, and Duo Security is a great solution for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compliance Officer - ISA, PCIP
What do you like best?

Simple to use. Easy to install. Easy to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing negative to say about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote access to servers. For the installations we have, we use push notification. Login to VPN client with simple easy to remember passcode, then type push for secondary authentication - sends to Duo App where I can approve/decline the authentication request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Analyst PMO
What do you like best?

Duo 2FA was the best function we placed in all over the business. I can quickly stable links, and we can handle end-user connectivity quite effectively with Duo Push. A wide-ranging business plan will be in the making, applying 2FA on all of our everyday product uses. This can be rendered quite straightforward when utilizing the Duo 2FA defense and it will be dead on accurate to use as shown by testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often, I need to go through the software to make the push alarm actually show. However, to approve the move you must open your machine, or it won't happen. Even, when you do not have your computer in you, you've got to insert your information into your programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is certainly recommended by our organization 100 percent, it will be incredibly efficient, modern and compatible with other systems very quickly. It is a system where you can find what it provides in terms of protection. If you'd like to keep your clients, staff, personal and commercial data secure, that's the resource for you - and the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Until using Duo our staff and clients regularly updated their username and are therefore forced to retain the protection of their websites or sites of entry, now that we use Duo Authentication the transmits and passwords are better and can be held for a longer period of time. Ultimately, note that it often exists for applications by third parties and for personal use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've used Duo at two companies and it works well. Not *too* difficult to use, although it can be annoying to always be reaching for your phone to authenticate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main issues I've had are 1) when I've left my phone at home or at my desk. It just means I have to wait until I have my phone again to authenticate and keep working on whatever I was working on. 2) when I've traveled abroad and am not on the phone network, Duo didn't work with wifi. This caused a problem and I had to contact our IT department to manually let me in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were required to use it for security at both companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy to deploy, add accounts.

Keep your websites login safe and secured.

when u login with username and password you can either select push request to your mobile or generate temp pass-code to login with.

this will always apply and block any unauthorized logins Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had some difficulty when i had to reset the mobile or got a new one to reinstall the software and login.

had to contact the administrator to reset account for me but other than that it is working perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping my important website logins secured and block any unauthorized logins Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Dual factor is crucial for information security, especially since I deal with student grades and graduation dates, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The set-up is complicated and there's no IT support--I got some support from my University but not enough to make it an easy process. More importantly, though, I got a new phone and now the app is no longer relevant; I have to use texted codes every time. Of course, the receipt of the codes is based on my reception and sometimes takes a minute or two to get through. Half the time, by the time I've finally gotten the codes (and selected the correct one out of the 9 texted to me) the shibboleth login for my university times out and I have to close the tab and start the whole mess over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maintain constant contact with your IT department because otherwise it's impossible to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits: Dual login protects information in case of a compromised laptop or a similar situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer | Content Writer | Ghostwriter
What do you like best?

I love that it is simple and gets the job done swiftly. As soon as I click to send the push notification to me, it arrives in the blink of an eye and I am able to securely log in to my work account. It also offers to call to verify as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have found nothing to dislike as I have never had an issue with Duo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to securely log into my work account on my personal computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Convenience, speed and ease of use are the hallmarks of Duo. Plus, their management tools to view activity are excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been several outages which can certainly impact application access. But generally a solid product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run a pilot program and train users for ease of implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides a solid 2-factor authentication solution for apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NOC Manager
What do you like best?

Duo is very managed service provider (MSP) friendly!

Reselling this tool has gone very well, their multi-tenancy works well for our needs.

Having a go-to MFA tool that can be resold due to being able to manage it on our clients behalf is really fantastic with the way the big players are beginning to require this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit pricey - and now that Cisco owns them it makes me a bit nervous that that may only get worse..

Feature-wise though it has everything you could want out of an MFA tool with multiple levels to resell. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you research the requirements for Duo's various requirements for use.

In some cases you must build out your own "DAG" (Duo Access Gateway). This requires a a device that exists in your DMZ zone.

Don't get me wrong, many many apps can integrate with duo without one (most notably O365 login, so anything you SSO with under that would be covered by that integration). But if you want to use this with one of your clients random one-off programs that has SAML support, you will likely require some additional configuration/investment to get it working the way you want.

It can always be used via OTP as well though! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jump on the bandwagon!

Everybody is beginning to require MFA - why not adopt a tool that is so easily managed?

The push feature in particular makes MFA a much smoother process and less of a pain to adopt for your clients/employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use duo from my mobile phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be inconvenient to have to use a separate device to log in to my remote desktop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy, safe, and secure login to remote desktop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Network & Security
What do you like best?

The push MFA capability on your phone or watch is great compared to using a token or sms verification. Duo Restore is also a serious time saver when you get a new mobile device and need to transfer all of your MFA tokens to that device. The ability to selectively enforce MFA based on location or other criteria is also loved by our end users. The admin console gives you great insight into the devices connecting to your network, OS versions, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We tried using the Duo Access Gateway as more of a SSO solution and it's ok but doesn't compare to other leading SSO solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MFA across all enterprise accounts. This is eliminated much of the risk around credential phishing and account compromise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It’s easy to be able to verify so that is one thing that I absolutely love about this software and it’s accessible anywhere on your phone and your iPad and your computer so that makes it even better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that just like the most is the fact that is such a hard app to get to work correctly it took three calls after work to call the IT department to be able to get this application added to my iPad the problem was it was in sinking so it was causing a lot of issues even when they removed it manually and everything I ended up having to go to the IT department personally so they could take a look at the problem was having and them to be able to solve it needs to be easier to use than that so complicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit I realized as I don’t have to worry that if I’m using my account from work my outlook of my people solve my Krono’s don’t have to worry about it being an issue I know that I’m being secured by having to use a dual security application that is really heavy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.