Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management Reviews & Product Details

Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management Overview

What is Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management?

Asset Essentials™️ by Dude Solutions is a next-generation enterprise work and asset management platform for smarter and more efficient maintenance and operations. This system helps operations leaders manage over 7.3 million assets and 30 million work orders every year. With this cloud-based and mobile software, you can cut costs, operate at peak efficiency and manage work and assets in a single, unified system. From organizing work orders to extending the life of assets to configurable reporting, it’s all at your fingertips within this user-friendly solution.

Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management Details

With modern, cloud-based software, you can make measurable progress toward your maintenance goals.

Dude Solutions
2007
Cary, NC
@dudesolutions

Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management community
Have you used Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management before?

Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management Reviews

Showing 107 Asset Essentials reviews
Already have Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management?
UE
What do you like best?

I loved that we could plug in work orders and keep the campus partners accountable with the workflow. Many times before Dude Solutions tasks would be requested without an reply, accountability or complete knowledge of what was need and would never get done. Dude Solutions has changed that as we can track, manager and correct tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system does not work well with our software. We utilized Series25 and would love it if somehow the Dude Solutions platform could work with this software to improve the efficiency in the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with other software to improve efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It assist our campus partners with managing their work flow by having a detailed schedule or what was needed or asked of them. It has assist our company that it has keeping our partners accountable with what is required from them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Makes creating a work order easy with fill-in selections, keeps entered data organized so everyone can see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The arrangements of data fields is confusing. I'd suggest using better graphics/color coding to keep fields easier to find and scroll to before submitting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can create, submit, or forward/reassign any work order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Prior to going with SchoolDude, our facilities team would receive verbal requests throughout the day. Some requests that were of greater need didn't make it to their attention in as timely of a manner and our staff was feeling like their requests were either not heard at all or not in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Entering a password at the bottom to submit the request. Even with this being the same password for us all, some of our staff do not use it frequently and then try to put their own password there and get frustrated. Don't really see the need for a password there if you already logged into the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Work flow is much better. We still have a ways to go to utilize the capabilities provided though. Just finding time to learn how to use that for long-term scheduling will be a priority next year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian McDonald of Asset Essentials

Thanks for your feedback, will pass it along to our product team.

What do you like best?

nothing really, it is just a standard system. I have seen other systems that are set up by default to do the same thing and much cheaper for the features we have been using. Being able to assign a task to one of my staff with just a few clicks in the app is nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it makes me pick the specific item I am logging into when I log in. That's stupid and wastes my time. I also dislike that it has features that are important to speed the workflow that have never been shared with me in the years we have used this. While it might have been mentioned to a previous CTO, nobody offered to share them with me when I moved the admin data from the previous CTO to me. Just seems illogical to not want to show off everything your product can do to a customer who is not taking advantage of the efficiencies. Also, the reports make no sense. Why am I not able to easily see a report that says you have this many open tickets, or maybe one that says your annual work ticket count is this with a timely completion percentage of x. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find out everything it can do before you start using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT work tickets, efficiency in getting them completed, I would be able to do more if the app was better. It just seems to have been forgotten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
Education Management
What do you like best?

The 24/7 live customer service available to all customers helps take a lot of confusion out of learning the system and makes sure you know how to best use your solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports available through the solutions can overlap enough to make it difficult to find the right one for the data you are seeking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is a simple, intuitive way to track work that allows your requesters to see the progress on their work requests, allows you to track your workers effectiveness and efficiency, and provides effective customer service available when you need it. If we had greater resources available to us we would implement more of the solutions offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used the product to solve the problem of unreported incidents and damages through the use of the My SchoolBuilding portal and also have solved the issue of worker accountability by using the reporting to track work accomplished by each employee and verify claims of students about the work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian McDonald of Asset Essentials

Thank you for your review.

What do you like best?

The best feature in Asset Essentials is the simple workflows for work orders. It's nice to be able to quickly determine what needs attention and what type of attention is required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are not more default settings or setup wizards for a particular type of user. Everything is manual and configuring every setting is daunting. It would be very beneficial to have a simple wizard or config to start with and make adjustment as you learn the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan on it taking some time to learn the system. It worked better to understand how to start using it with the intent of changing things as you learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expediting work order creation, bringing visibility to repairs and issues, creating a searchable repository for historical issues related to assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I provide tech service to 4 different buildings and my work flow is always organized on the go with SchoolDude. I can check for any new tickets before I walk out of a building on the app on my phone to make sure I covered everything I needed to and have not forgot anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much here to dislike. We only use the ticket part of it and it works great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution for Ticket Management. We also use SchoolDude Crisis Management but I have no first hand experience with that portion of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We benefit in time management. When we get IT calls most of them end with please put that on SchoolDude unless it is a major emergency. With everything on there being tracked it allows us to work fast and efficiently without being pulled to the side and distracted all the time. It also has options that the users can fill out in their ticket such as Area, Building, Problem Type, and places for them to upload screen shots if necessary. It makes life as a tech a whole lot easier when trying to quickly move through your work queue. There are options that we can fill out as well such as asset numbers, budget information, problem type and purpose, so that we have all of that information always kept as a record and can go back and look at it if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian McDonald of Asset Essentials

Thanks for your review. Sounds like you are owning your operations!

IT Support Specialist
What do you like best?

I support two different schools. While they are not far apart from one another distance-wise it is so helpful to use the SchoolDude iOS app on my iPhone so I can check for tickets that may have been placed after I left work or before I've gotten there. I can also see if there's something at one of the schools that needs my attention right away instead of having to go to my computer to check Incident every time. I also like that I can update a ticket in its notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the account setup for users and the fact that there is a submittal password. We use Chrome as we are Google users in both school settings and Chrome auto-remembers the last date a ticket was put in by a specific faculty member. If the user happens to change their password, it does not bring the submittal password along with it, so I end up having to reset passwords frequently. I also do not like that it defaults to Maintenance Requests when the primary reason the faculty are using SchoolDude is for IT (they have to manually select that option). I also do not like that when a ticket is assigned to me, I don't receive any notification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolDude is a great option to get attention where it needs to be in real-time. However, if you are trying to solve a problem such as when Internet is out, you probably want to look at a different solution as the basis for SchoolDude is ticket submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to keep track of how quickly problems are able to be resolved. We are also trying to create a database of how frequently the same issues occur and what resolutions we were able to use for them. It is much easier to have a database like SchoolDude instead of having one off emails when a faculty member experiences an IT issue that can get lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian McDonald of Asset Essentials

Thank you for your feedback on the login process. Will pass it along to our development team!

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Dude Solutions is the ability to see the exact data I want and put it to work for me. Reports, graphs, and KPI information are all easily accessible within the program. Client comparisons give insight as to how we measure up to peer districts. The ability to set up automated reports allows users to schedule information gathering in advance and not waste time repeating the same tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up on a couple of the modules was a bit overwhelming. Changes or upgrades to some of the modules was substantial as well, which created a learning curve all over again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least give it a try. They are a great company and their technical support is fantastic. You will not be just a number. They are committed to helping you make your system work for you, not the other way around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are numerous problems that we're solving with Dude Solutions.

Productivity gaps among peer workers is one. Gauging work order numbers, KPI, hours logged, etc., all give insight to worker productivity.

In another module, I'm able to compare utility usage among similar campuses. This helps solve issues related to wasted budget dollars on energy consumption.

Scheduling our buildings for rental events and getting the right workers to set up and attend these events is yet another solution that the product has provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It provides a method to collect issues and track them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The view is cluttered with ads, trivia, and useless information.

The reports are not easy to use and are not customizable enough.

There are too many emails about webinars and national data when it is very difficult to get data out of the system about ourselves.

There is NO way to track an individual room because the AREA field is open to any numeric and text combination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at lots of systems and compare features and costs. Some systems work better for different companies, businesses, and types of people than others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows us to manage the requests for service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Work Control
Education Management
What do you like best?

I love the feature of each user being able to manage his/her own work load online. This adds more accountability, and for us, removes the hassle of managing paper work orders. This software is very user friendly and allows even the least computer savvy person to use the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas where the features are somewhat "gray" and more training needs to be provided to the users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very easy to use software. Start small with it, and grow larger. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have better tracking of employee productivity and workflow. We are also able to track our costs easier and keep good stats for reference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The customer support has been very helpful. Most anyone I call can either provide assistance right away or do further research and let me know later. I also like the ability to track what work is being done on equipment and having a place to keep track of all the parts we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had a difficult time communicating the value of this program to the people we need most to use it, our mechanics. Additionally the user interface makes it somewhat daunting to learn mainly because there is so much that the program can be used for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to keep clear records of what repairs and maintenance have occurred on every piece of equipment. So far we have benefited from communicating due dates of mandatory maintenance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admissions Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I like being able to write a work order for our maintenance staff for admissions events. I can enter all of the details I need to communicate and receive emails that let me know when each action is taken. We use it at our school, and a college recently looked into the software on the recommendation of someone at our school. I also like being able to review previous requests as a check for details as I plan events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike any part of it. I can customize the alerts and notifications I receive, so it's been user friendly on my end as well as a good tool for our maintenance staff. Any negative comments that I have heard have been taken care of by communication from and training of our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this software for schools wanting a way to track requests and completion of issues within the school building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlined communication for set up of events. Each request is saved, so I can copy and paste the information and add details that change. The template is easy to use, and required fields give our staff exactly the information they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian McDonald of Asset Essentials

Thank you for your review. We are happy that everything is working so well.

Board Member
Education Management
What do you like best?

We like the flexible routing, support, and ease of use. They keep us informed of improvements. The reporting helps to make important decisions concerning purchasing and staffing. The built in communications helps our users stay informed on the resolution of their problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to add additional problem types in Incident. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to route is awesome as well and the integration between products. We use Incident, Maintenance, and Trip Direct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to schedule our buses (Trip Direct), report maintenance issues and assign them to staff (Maintenance Direct) and allows users to report technology related problems (Incident) and assign those problems the monitor actions taken and resolutions. The reporting helps us determine staffing and anticipate problems as well as study trends in issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The software has so many options to customize and make your experience easy. The ability to edit is phenomenal and the email for WO is absolutely great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When a need for a customized view is needed for a user the response for the account managers seem to be delayed. It is hard to get a person on the phone. It always seems like I have to send a message or email when a simple phone call would clear things up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have started using Asset to manage our PM and WO for 3 of our automated machines. The benefits so far is a centralized location for the technicians who perform the WO to go to for all the information they need. We just started "live" about a week ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Property & Materials Specialist
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The ease of use, intuitiveness, fantastic customer support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to assign 2-3 people to a work order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think twice about it, you will not regret it. This is the best product you will find for a great price and the customer service is the best in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Dude Solutions products have allowed us to make the campus responsible for entering their own requests allowing us to spend time focusing on other issues. This has taken our typical response time from 4-7 days down to 1-3 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Past - Point Man - Twin Tiers of Ny and PA - NorthEast Region Area team
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The site is simple to configure and maintain. We are able to perform effective R&M, PM, PrD, and life cycle analysis. We have found it is very simple for our Requesters to use and beneficial that they can track real-time progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use a very simple PO and ordering system and Asset Essentials has capability beyond our needs. We have held off implementation until we can get Finance Stakeholders involved and sold on capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very effective Life Cycle Anaylsis, ease of reviewing work history on assets, and asset tracking across multiple locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Program is straight forward with decent quick support. Reporting is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So my company was using a very old version of this program called Big Foot. We were told we needed to upgrade to Asset Essentials and pay Dude Solutions Seven Grand to do the cut over. They told me it would take four days. Well, we are three weeks in to this "cut over" and still don't have all our Assets, Parts, and past Work Orders imported. They also cut us off from our old program so we can't continue to work while they finish setting up our new Asset Essentials site how we want it.

Just don't let them tell you four days is enough time if you are migrating from an old program where you want to export from. It will take some time to get things how you want them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Migrating is a pain and don't let the vendor shut off the old site until they are fully done migrating and setting up the site how you want it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run three different Maintenance Sites and this is helping us separate Assets and Parts between all Sites.

The benefits will be we can run reports on specific Assets to see how much we are spending a year, month, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IF
What do you like best?

Asset Essentials kept the good parts of Maintenance Edge and added so many new tricks and paths. Over the years we have put in requests to development and it looks like the were listening.

Easier to use and streamlines the daily process. Even more transparent.

Staff support is outstanding. If they don't have an answer you can be assured they will turn to the team and find out the real truth. The new AE is providing more accountability to the staff and at the same time providing ease of use with asset information at the workers finger tips. Change is tough but this system is making the upgrade rewarding as we continue to use all the features. It was time for an upgrade and the new system fits and meets our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Transfer of data from old CMMS system to new is a little more challenging than expected.

Still have a few tweaks that need to be made as we looking for the perfect system.:)) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Facility Dude has never let us down and always provided professional support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Up to date live data that provides even more transparency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like the fact that all my technicians are able to create, close, and update work status for their own work orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas that are not customizable, so we have to use the options that are available to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Dude Solutions first and foremost because of their excellent customer service, the ease of transitioning to their product, and their overall positive attitudes and willingness to assist. I have had several Dudes connect me with the correct people for assistance, support, or just for new product information. They network with their colleges very well and it shows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Work orders and Preventative Maintenance as well as greater customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Buildings and Grounds
Education Management
What do you like best?

I'm able to see all the WO as they come in. some go right to the tech witch saves time. You know when the WO is started, competed and closed. If someone has a question on a WO, you bring it up and everything is there, time, cost and dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The setup, It was very difficult at first trying to understand the program. Made a lot of mistakes at first. The support team was very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good product, easy to use once you get it setup. It will save you time and keep track of money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of time and money of the WO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

SD software is user friendly and comes with top-notch client services! Because of its ease of use, it has been very easy to train our staff on MaintenanceDirect and InventoryDirect. The staff that fought the implementation of MaintenanceDirect, and grumbled the most, are now the greatest advocates for the SchoolDude products we use.

Client Services - Can we say A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++? SD Client Services Team is always on hand and ready to offer solutions to whatever issues/questions I toss their way. If they are unable to offer a sound solution, they will search out the answer and provide a sound solution each and every time. No question is ever silly. Sometimes they listen, while I come to my own resolve - sometimes it's good to use the online chat - By chatting about the "issue", often times one comes to their own resolve. It's helpful to chat with a team member that understands what you are trying to accomplish. The staff knows the SD products inside and out! SD University provides a great opportunity to learn tidbits/tips/tricks. The university also provides the opportunity to meet the SD staff and make a connection for when you need help with the product. All I can say is GOOD about MaintenanceDirect and InventoryDirect. We need to get on the ball with PreventiveMaintenance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about SchoolDude. I do wish that SD had a purchasing module (purchase orders) that would sync with MD and ID. Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about the product. MD and ID provide the information we need to maintain our systems and to keep our campus looking and running at top performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MD is being utilized for reporting capital project labor hours. This has provided positive feedback and justified positions within our organization. The KPIs have been a key motivator in reinforcing the need to enter certain data on each work order. We now make sure that all work orders have purpose codes and crafts. The staff has been educated in the need to have these two tidbits of information included in a work order because they are two key fields from which I do create reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

We haven't been using the solutions for very long, so I am still getting familiar with everything. We are also waiting for our Facility Condition Assessment to be completed, so that our data can be loaded into the software. The customer service has been great, and they have been easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I haven't had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We will gain valuable data from our Facility Condition Assessment that will allow us to plan and budget with the Capital Forecasting solution. I believe that we will be able to track and use data for building maintenance requests more effectively as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Work & Asset Management enables our service technicians to concentrate on resolving issues rather than hunting down information and materials. All or techs are outfitted with iPads that keep them in contact with the schools and office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it does everything we need. Planned enhancements are exciting and will improve the look greatly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Effectiveness and efficiency has improved by over 12%. We no longer have schools complaining that their issues are being ignored. The school personnel can see the progress on their issue at any time. They know when parts are on order. They get emails when the issue is resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The software is good and provides solutions to most needs and is workable within almost any set up needed for your school Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support could be better. Main support person changes frequently and when training for a new module I've had several experiences where instead of training with me personally on my situation, a webinar is suggested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and try multiple solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Direct, Energy Manager, PM Direct and currently Capital Forecasting, but we are dropping that this summer for another program due to the poor support and training received, or rather not received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.