Drawboard PDF Reviews & Product Details

Drawboard PDF Overview

What is Drawboard PDF?

Drawboard PDF is the #1 rated productivity app on the Microsoft Store. Mark up with the ease of pen and paper and stop printing. - Feels like real ink - Text review tools - Bookmarks, markup history and keyword search - Favorites toolbar - Draw objects and shapes - Signatures library - Add and remove pages PRO - Document Builder - Calibrated Measurements - Digital Protractor - Grids and Lines - Engineering Line Styles - Callouts

Drawboard PDF Details
German, English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Designed to replace pen and paper, an extensive array of tools and intuitive interface make Drawboard PDF the #1 rated engineering productivity app on the Windows Store.

Drawboard
2011
Melbourne, Australia
@drawboard
790 Twitter followers

Drawboard PDF Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Drawboard PDF community
Have you used Drawboard PDF before?

Drawboard PDF Reviews

Showing 23 Drawboard PDF reviews
Already have Drawboard PDF?
SAT/LSAT Prep Instructor
What do you like best?

Together with my touchscreen enabled laptop it is really easy to add notes. The change between pen type and color is really fast with the integrated tool, which you can also minimize to have more space. If you need more space you can also add new PDF pages. Adding images or geometric figures is also easy with the toolbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few tools are to be paid extra. I'm a big fan of software that you pay once and then you can use all the features and not have to unlock in-App tools again. Nevertheless it is my favorite tool for writing notes on pdfs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my opinion one of the best tools for taking notes on pdf files. You can also do without the additional payment functions, you can also use the basic version quite well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use drawboards to annotate reports and other documents. I also use this app to review presentations to see if everything fits, and note any errors. At meetings I also use drawboard as a replacement for the classic whiteboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Drawboard PDF is a great software that I regularly use on my surface to make notes on PDFs. The system they use in order to change color/thickness or even make some sketches with preset forms is great. You can preset some pen styles you regularly use and then switch fast between them. Drawboard PDF also recognizes if you touch the screen with your stylus or with your hand. So there is no possibility to accidentally write something with your finger. Also adding blank pages to an existing PDF is really easy so you can increase your space.

I use it also during online meetings or webinars, if I have to make some written examples since it works really good. On one hand you can show your presentation through the pdf slides and in case add some notes for everyone to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have one edition that you can pay fully and do not have to make in App purchases for further support or additional features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Drawboard PDF to make note on PDFs and also during online meetings or presentation if I have to make a written example for the audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Engineering Project Manager
What do you like best?

a great tool developed by microsoft that simplifies us and gives us the possibility to work on PDF files, modify them and highlight them or mark documents. It allows us to measure, draw or manage office or CAD tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

a great novelty and news of a new program. It has options between them you can insert text, images, brand, make notes, all digitally as if you were writing with a pencil and paper really a very new tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a software that I usually use in meetings with managers or workers of the company since in it I can allow myself to write down some prominent text within the documents, I use many ideas diagrams highlighting important information. also allowing us to keep our notes for future modifications within the document. It is a software that I usually use in meetings with managers or workers of the company since in it I can allow myself to write down some prominent text within the documents, I use many ideas diagrams highlighting important information. also allowing us to keep our notes for future modifications within the document. It is a software developed to be executed and worked in operating system like windows Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an innovative and good pay program. This offers us a great tool with which we can carry out activities within the company and use this software for our notes and improve documents generated within the company for better control within the company. compactible for windows operating system with a variety of current operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

export manager
What do you like best?

Everything, it came pre installed on a surface I took and I could never go back, taking notes directly on PDFs with the usrface pen is awesome. You can highlight, write, draw shapes and figures, change colour with anything you want and it's super easy to use. Sometimes when my laptop powers I worry that I'm going to loose all my work, but not a single time with drawboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

just small things, like when you close the first pdf in the column and than open anotherone just right after sometimes the program closes, and also sometimes the program stops working when the connection goes down when it is opening Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to write and note on PDFs like never before, with the kwyboard, with the pen, also with my finger if I like and it's super usable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

This is a great software if you use a device with pen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the product there is nothing I would like to be changed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is a great one if you use a pen, otherwise, for a regular PC it may not be that useful for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software is great for signing PDFs, as well as highlighting and adding notes to a pdf Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal consultant
What do you like best?

Nice program surface, works brilliatly with surface pen. Best program tested so far, for adding notes on pdfs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More options are available only if some sort of premium account is beeing paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best tool so far for pdf eiditing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adding notes to PDFs f.e. during lectures. No needs to print out slides, hand notes are almost the same when written on the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

programmer
What do you like best?

Dashboard has everything from highlighting and underlining to measuring contents on page and using a protractor. We can which switch between inserting , adding content, and multiple pens, some of these categories expand to a number of other features such as insert expanding to option to add an image, signature , measurements or other content.

It is possible to configure the too according to our rules.

We can rearrange the pages, rotate them etc. The user interface is very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I liked the trial version but is of too short period.

I think the insert tool should be improved a little and it should have a rich text editor.

I like the drawboard pdf Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to prepare documents easily with lot of functionalities avaible and use it in signing the pages, filling out the PDF format, editing files, saving copies and directly emailing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I absolutely loved working with this software. It is very impressive and the power it carries is unbelievable. I used to use OneNote but I switched per a peer recommendation and I really like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something, I would say that for other people it might be a bummer to know it's missing a few important features that you could probably find for free on the internet. But to be honest, most of those tools aren't really things I would use anyway, so it's a terrific software if you ask me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try- you might love it. If you are looking for speed and ease of use, this is your product. If you're looking for more complicated and specific tools, then maybe not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PDF markup and annotations literally feel like you're writing with pen and paper. When you're on the fly, this makes all the difference. It's a fantastic product and to this day, we haven't dealt with any issues, bugs, or kinks in the software. I'm a happy camper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Drawboard is really nice for marking up PDFs and typing comments in the margins. I like the side bar that allows for frequently used marking tools to be quickly accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint with Drawboard is that you can't use CTRL + F to search the document. Instead you have to go through a more tedious menu list to select the find icon. In addition, I with Drawboard had the ability to add blank pages or additional margin space (e.g., for note taking). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Drawboard PDF to read academic papers. It allows me to save all of the papers I read digitally, thus saving a lot of paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nathan Field of Drawboard PDF

Hi there, thanks very much for your feedback!

You'll be glad to know that as of a couple weeks ago, you can now use CTRL + F to search your document. Let us know what you think!

Also, if you would like to add additional pages to a document, you can navigate to the Pages view (in the left-hand menu), and click the '...' icon on the page you wish to insert at.

Hopefully this helps! Thanks again for your feedback.

What do you like best?

I have a touch screen laptop with a stylus, and I can fold my laptop into a tablet. So, I can sit in the comfort of my own home, or on the go, and edit papers with my stylus on Drawboard PDF. I value being able to see my edits, so I don't like to edit them in the word processing program. If I don't have a printer close by, this is the perfect program to use to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the circle as the hub of control. I would much prefer all my options to be available along the side of the screen. The circle just gets in the way, even when I move it around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easier to assist others who request help by digitally editing files, saving a copy of it, and emailing it directly back to the one who requested the assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Drawboard is pretty quick and easy to edit, create new, and save PDFs. It's no-nonsense. It works with my tablet device's pen. It saves the pages you were last looking at for multiple documents, so you automatically never lose your place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The application is very CPU intensive. I use the application on my surface book 2 and surface pro 4 and it uses a lot of battery life. If it used a little less resources I feel like it would be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have surface pro devices in your enterprise -- absolutely get drawboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I typically use drawboard PDF to jot down ideas for my business, and draw diagrams for database designs, and highlight important parts in books. I can edit existing documentation for software and add notes for myself regarding certain sections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Support Associate
What do you like best?

Using a surface pen with the app feels like second nature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When using a laptop, navigating through highlight/pen options feels unnatural Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Must have for digital pen users. This makes digital document modification fell so natural. The UI is clean and easy to pick up, i feel i could give this app to my gradmother. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Drawboard makes filling out forms extremely easy. This app has save me a ton of time since I no longer need to convert docs to edit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Travel Consultant
What do you like best?

Drawboard PDF is light-weight, but is packed with features. I love that you can easily collapse or expand the tool panel and move it around. I also like that you can add preset sizes, colors, opacities, etc. for pens/highlighers/erasers. Drawboard is incredibly powerful given its low cost. You can do many things that Adobe Acrobat DC would, but for much less. You can rearrange pages, rotate them, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The insert text tool needs improvement. A rich text editor would be nice. I dislike that you can't double-click on a text box to edit text. When you do edit, rather than it editing in the text box itself, you edit it in a pop-up dialog. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Drawboard is an incredible value, with a one-time cost of $9.99. It comes with many features as-is, but you can get even more features by paying $25 per year for Drawboard PDF Pro. They have a free trial to test out the Pro version, so you have nothing to lose. The PDF Pro subscription includes any future features they will develop, so it is well worth it, considering they are constantly releasing new updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Drawboard as a graduate student who reads hundreds of pages a week. It is vital for anyone who does a lot of mark-up on documents. I also use it for signing and filling out PDF forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I like how this program allows me to go paperless and helps me organize my documents on my tablet as it is very portable and shareable with other clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could use a software upgrade time to time to keep up to date with new programs we are using to create templets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

the great benefits it has is that instead of carry around many pieces of paper this allows someone to just show up with their tablet and can easily share their documents in front of many others with just one screen and one click away. it helps our company stay organized and move meetings allow faster and more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative and Creator
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

The ability to easily fill in forms that need handwritten information. And can view previous forms easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface very simple- perhaps too simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I reccomend use for people with some sort of tablet, surface product like the surface book, an apple Ipad or stylus supporting smart phone. (or amazing mouse skills!) for the handwriting feature, but if you do not need to write by hand it has an extremely flexible text imput tool great for filling out forms, adding notes to projects and the like. Easy and straightforward, I use this before any other product for filling out forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Traveling a lot, and not having a printer and scanner on had it is so easy to fill out forms and sign on my surface without spending valuable time going to an office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

- Drawing on the PDF directly

- Alternative to Adobe Reader is always nice

- Works wonderfully on tablet/convertible PCs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Not the fastest PDF viewer around

- Some UI elements aren't always obvious for use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a PDF viewer/editor preinstalled is a huge benefit for our IT team, shaving minutes off the rolling out new systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love using this software because its a most comprehensive tool for microsoft windows 10. Initially it was complicated but then got hang of it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying to understand initially how it works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has a menu with different tools that include pencils of different thicknesses; draft; marking tools; possibility of inserting notes, forms, images or text; that allow to be efficient when making annotations on a pdf document, also if you have installed on a tablet or a smartphone you can use the touch or a digital pencil for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love this tool, you can use it when you need to place notes on a PDF . I love the tools to markup and insert images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You only have limited access on the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is one of the better products for PDF's it is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can make notes and place notes on the document . It solves the problem of only being able to use the tracking function for word documents. I love i can use this for PDFs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Drawboard PDF allows me to directly download PDFs and write or draw on them with ease. With Drawboard PDF I can illustration, correct, and annotate directly and with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish my writing was better! My only other complaint is the lack of spell check for my own handwriting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love Drawboard PDF, I would highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves us so much time, I no longer have to download PDFs and then convert them into word documents just to edit! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

That I can write or draw directly on my pages like a real piece of paper! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’ve had some issues of the software crashing from time to time or freezing up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving having to print so much paper! Therefore the benefits are saving money for the buisness!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

How documents can be merged, reordered, and the amount of great overlays available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Drawboard is overpriced for the amount of stuff that can be done to a pdf file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jazzing up the pdf to make it something that is cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UU
What do you like best?

Best PDF reader I have found for portable devices. Very user friendly and intuitive to reading and marking PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Is not the best software for PDF merging forming and splitting unless you pay for the monthly subscription to the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped me increase productivity immensely both in work and for my school studies. It is very helpful to be able to properly zoom and draw on PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.