Doxy.me Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Doxy.me is very easy to use for all of our practice's therapists, many of which who would describe themselves as being "technologically illiterate". All of our patients love that there is no need to make an account. An added bonus for them is that there is only one link they need and it can be bookmarked to click on for each appointment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, it was hard adjusting to the pandemic. For about two months, the system being overwhelmed as many more users started using Doxy cause it to crash. To my knowledge that problem has been fixed and we rarely get a call from a patient saying that Doxy isn't working for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for the free month trial and decide for yourself. An all-in-one platform, you won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doxy.me allowed the practice to continue functioning when telehealth became the only option for almost all of the therapists in our practice. I love that I can see which patients are being seen and that I can also send telehealth links to patients if they need it quickly. Getting co payments from all patients has also been made easier with the use of the Clinic account and Stripe Payments. I can easily grab the copay from the patient before their therapist starts their session with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doxy.me Overview

What is Doxy.me?

The simple, free & secure telemedicine solution®. Doxy.me makes telehealth simple and easy for you and your patients. Create your personal room today, and join the over 700,000 users already using doxy.me to provide virtual care online, at any distance.

Doxy.me Details

Doxy.me is a cloud-based electronic medical records (EMR) and telemedicine solution designed for practices of all sizes. The solution is HIPAA-compliant, and Android and iOS apps are available for mobile devices.

At doxy.me, our focus is on healthcare and healthcare providers. Unlike many online video conferencing services, our platform is tailored to provide healthcare online. We stand above the competition by following these values:

Simple—We've made doxy.me easy to use for providers and patients. It does not require a download, and can be reached by anybody with internet access. All you need to do is send your patient the link to your clinic's virtual waiting room.

Affordable—At doxy.me, we believe that cost should never be a barrier to telemedicine: that’s why we offer free and paid subscription plans. Whether you're an individual provider who needs to see a few clients a day, or a large clinic serving hundreds, doxy.me has a plan that fits your needs.

Secure—We are HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA/PIPEDA, and HITECH compliant, and provide a free Business Associate Agreement to anyone who signs up.

Doxy.me
2013
Rochester, NY
@doxymeHQ
5 Twitter followers

Doxy.me Videos

Doxy.me Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Doxy.me community
Have you used Doxy.me before?

Doxy.me Reviews

Showing 66 Doxy.me reviews
Already have Doxy.me?
IT Director
Technology and Training Coordinator
What do you like best?

Doxy.me offers the opportunity to connect with our clients/members in this ever changing environment. I also allows us to continue our mission of helping our community. With so much being done with phone calls, being able to see each other is important. When one is making decisions about health and other community resources, that supportive and friendly face makes an otherwise challenging process easier and more human. Seeing the smiles on the faces of people and letting them see the reassuring faces of our staff have been what has made us a successful organization for our community.

The entire process of evaluation and setup was made much easier for us through live demonstrations and help in customizing the site to our specific needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve but support personnel are ever ready to help walk administrators through. I would like to see the ability to add and configure documents for clients/members/patients need to fill out and sign. This process can be a bit daunting for not only those using doxy.me but the people we are designed to serve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My first and primary recommendation is to request that demo to make doxy.me can fulfill your needs. The demo also allows you to see the features that may not be as obvious in the videos.

I also recommend that you look carefully at all the options doxy.me has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many of our clients/members need the ability to meet with our Enrollment and Health Navigations staff in a face-to-face situation. Doxy.me does that. Doxy.me is not just for doctors. There are many practical applications, particularly for social service non profits such as us.

Being able to screen share what our clients/members need to see when reviewing all their options is a very important feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mental Health Counselor
What do you like best?

I love the ease of having one link that doesn't change for my clients to use. Also, having an app on my laptop is way easier than going to a website and logging in every time. Finally, I like that everything on the dashboard is clear and I don't often have questions about where to go to find something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not tech savvy, but wish doxy.me could help call quality even when my client doesn't have great service. In this time where everyone is doing so much online from home, quality can be greatly effected just by having kids in the home doing school work.

It also loses time when there are connection issues which could cause problems if insurance ever wanted to verify that I am on a call as long as I report that I am in my notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doxy.me allowed my to quickly offer telehealth in this rapidly changing situation for free which was great for my private practice. Again, the having one URL for everyone, everytime is super. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I find that most of my clients and myself do not have difficulties with internet connection issues or bad audio/video with doxyme, also I like the screensharing and multiple screen options. I like the feature of the "waiting room" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the monthly cost is a bit pricey, overall however I cannot think of other issues I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing the free trial and seeing if it works for you, it is very easy to use and has some very convenient features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is helpful to use Doxyme to do things that some of the other platforms do not allow for, such as screensharing with my clients (which helps make therapy more interesting and dynamic, for example when doing worksheets or games with child/teen clients) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant
What do you like best?

Patients are able to access to medical care by healthcare providers through Doxy.me. It is very simple to use and provides similar experience relative to in person visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the visuals are not as stable as I would like. I'm not sure if it is related to internet connection or software issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doxy.me has the following nice features that may be beneficial for someone who's considering this platform:

- SMS Appointment reminders

- Digital Intake & Other Forms

- Integrated Patient Self-Scheduling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Given current pandemic, seeking medical care is not the same/ easy as before. It could be difficult for patients to go into the clinic if they have preconditions and are at high risk. As such, a platform like Doxy.me will help these people as it provides the flexibility to seek medical care at home as well, the virtual experience is similar to before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When there is an issue of quality or connection, doxy does an excellent job of explaining what factors might be the problem and gives me a chance to explore those before I contact my premium support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an addition of an audio recording of client sessions that they (or I) could access with a specific client or practitioner pw from an adjunct doxy vault (all HIPAA-compliant). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doxy allows you to try before you buy. But for me, as soon as I was told about doxy by a colleague, I was in. I bought the Pro version within a couple of days and have never looked back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had problems with a client not being able to connect with me on doxy, and once I remembered that there are 2 preferred browsers, I explained to him. He got on a different device with one of the preferred browsers and we connected easily. That is the kind of up-front trouble-shooting help that doxy offers. It worked well for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy for clients to sign in & that no additional downloading of apps is needed, Their willingness to provide a free HIPAA compliant platform is meaningful to me. Doxy.me seems to work well with most browsers & my clients can easily access it from computer, mobile or tablet, I also like that I don't need to send a link every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble with video & audio quality, There were several periods of time where I was unable to complete a session on doxy.me for several days at a time. I did upgrade my internet at home & that took care of some of the problem. I wish doxy.me had a friendlier interface for multi-person appointments. I like the Zoom interface & screen where you can easily see all participants clearly & wish doxy.me had more of that interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find doxy.me meets most of the requirements I have for a telehealth platform as a solo practitioner. Even with the limitations noted above, overall, I am mostly satisfied with doxy.me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Obviously it is allowing me to continue my therapy practice in the midst of the pandemic. It was very easy for me to start with doxy.me & my clients were able to pivot pretty quickly as well, because of the ease of use. I was new to telehealth & have found that it wasn't as awful as I had always imagined. I am also appreciative of the fee structure- I am a solo practitioner & 35/month seems reasonable to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Family Nurse Practitioner
What do you like best?

Web-based: No need to download software, easy for the patient's to utilize - the image and audio are very clear in most cases. The troubleshooting is typically easy to complete on both ends and the free version was so good that my clinic decided to switch to the clinic version after failing with another telehealth software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The clinic version consent form has been a little glitchy - sometimes not allowing us to scroll, sometimes the patient is unable to sign. We have tried many things from making sure everyone is updated (chrome or firefox), clearing browser history/cookies. Having the patient update their end, clear and refresh. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so just wondering why that is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doxy.Me is the most comprehensive, easy-to-use, cost-effective product on the market. When initially looking at companies I initiated a spreadsheet to compare the products and what they offer and Doxy.Me far and away was better than any other company I reviewed (over 15 alternatives!). Go with Doxy.Me - you won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly Doxy.Me has been great for patient usage- our prior software was less available in rural areas and was difficult to access. We have a primarily elderly population and doxy.me's variety of phone, email options for sending the link as well as its total web-based links are very easy to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the virtual waiting room as it allows for a seemingly professional way for clients to wait online. Also, being able to chat with clients in the waiting room has been super helpful. Furthermore, the ability to just do voice instead of video is good when the video connection is poor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much I don't like. Some of the options I would like but choose not pay for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to have "face to face" with my clients in a time where we are not safe in public spaces due to the pandemic. It allows one to work from home pretty seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Counselor
What do you like best?

Very simple and streamlined to use. No need to download any software or app - just go to the website and check in. Clients wait in a "waiting room" until ready to be seen by provider. The provider can see how long a client has been waiting. I like the chat feature too, which is useful for communicating in case of privacy or technical issues.

Best of all, it's free, secure, and HIPAA-compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an option to do a test call to check the audio/video before getting on a call with a client. I would also like to have the option to change the video screen layout, similar to how Zoom does. It does let you test your speakers and microphone which is a good feature, but pretty slow. The video and audio quality on the free version can be choppy sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign the Business Associate Agreement, which turns on end-to-end encryption Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doxy.me is an awesome way for my agency (a nonprofit) offer counseling to those of our clients who are unable to meet with a counselor face to face due to various barriers such as limited access to transport, lack of safety, limited time, limited mobility due to disabilities, etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LMHC/ Contract
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of how my clients sign in. I also like the simplicity of the dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are services that I do not need and don't want to pay for. I would pay something for the screen share and I would like to be able to share videos but that's not possible. Even if both were possible I don't think it would be worth $35 per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version is enough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well I don't have to pay for an outrageously overpriced office space now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect with my clients using a HIPAA-compliant platform and at the same time allow them to receive services without fear of COVID-19 exposure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not the fault of doxy.me, but sometimes my internet lags and interrupts the connection. That has only happened once, thank goodness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The inability to meet face-to-face with clients during the pandemic is being solved. Some clients are more open in their presentation due to being at home and feeling more comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Flexibility, reliability, cost..................... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

really nothing....................................... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using Doxy for televisits since 2016. It has been reliable and trouble free. If there is trouble its generally because my patients have a terrible wifi connection. I just sincerely hope they do not do what Practice Fusion did....after years of using for free, suddenly forced to pay a high fee for continued use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to see patients who live far from my office and certainly during Covid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer service is above par I upgraded to the clinic version for some residents but did not work like "I" would have liked it and my fees were refunded. I was pleased. That would not happen everywhere. I like that i can use the same link all the time. It is easier and less taxing on office staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not aware of EMR integration. That may be helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. No issue with the connection. Good picture quality. Can use an interpreter. Patients have not had issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LIke I said using the same link week to week is much easier. Can add interpreters and residents to my pro account which is helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Doxy.me is a user-friendly site that allows me to see my therapy patients easily and securely. I like that the patients can see a picture of my actual waiting room when they are in the virtual waiting room. They offer some links to help them increase good connectivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a way to record the sessions, as this is helpful for patients to review as part of their therapy. Sometimes I have connectivity problems, and it is unclear if this is the fault of the site or some other glitch. I wish they had more live help like a chat box available during the weekday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to continue my therapy practice during the pandemic using this site. It is nice that it does not require patients to upload anything, they can just log on and use the same link each time. The cost is reasonable, which is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful for me is to be able to schedule a session immediately, if a client is having a hard time and would like to have a face to face session I am able to just go to the web site and schedule our session. And in minutes we are able to communicate with each other.

I also like knowing that are session are totally private Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to change the meeting time if an emergency occurs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I currently have no problems or issues. However I experienced some issues in the pass, the help desk responded in a timely manner in assistance me with what ever issues I was experiencing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that patients do not need to download any app. They only need to click on the link on their computer, phone, or tablet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the link only works best on Google Chrome and Firefox. I do use and like Google Chrome but those who have apple products need to make sure the login to Google Chrome for this to work well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend that you practice using it with a family member or friend to fully understand how to use it and all the things you can do with it such as showing your screen or asking to show the other persons screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a LCMHC who is doing psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults, and families. It has been very helpful to stay in contact with my patients while we are all able to stay safe during this stressful time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the meeting history feature of this platform. It helps me with the documentation process and helps me remember the date and time I have engaged with my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A weakness to Doxy.Me is poor connectivity making the video call blurry and delayed, but I believe this is due to poor internet connection, not so much because of the platform. I also do not like that Doxy.Me does not have a Share screen feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently not having any problems with Doxy.Me

Benefits Doxy.Me is that it's one of the many platforms approved by my organization to be use with my clients due to it's HIPPA compatibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and my clients are able to use it very easily. There is nothing to download and it is seamless in use. I like that you are able to share your link directly to your waiting room and that the client is able to just enter their name and log right in. It works great on computers and cell phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had connection issues at times where it will disconnect and not reconnect. My clients have had audio issues on their end and difficulty in using their headphones when using doxy on their phones. I also wish there was an app that could be used on phones in addition to accessing through the internet. Also, I wish that you could screenshare in the unpaid version. Additionally in the paid version I wish there was two way remote access to screenshare and interact simultaneously in the screenshare; ie having remote access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend the paid version to have access to additional features if those are needed. If you do not need to screenshare, then the unpaid version should suffice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had to move into teletherapy rather quickly, and Doxy made the transition very smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This method of seeing clients (children, adults and couples) provides some insight to their 'life space' that you do not get in a clinical setting. Many preferred this method for therapy in the comfort of their own home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

my own lack of tech confidence. Doxy.me was so easy thanks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doxy.me has provided a secure platform for myself and my MA Counselling Psychology students to provide therapy to children, individuals and couples. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients work through various sensitive topics in the privacy and comfort of their own home. As mentioned there is insight gained by seeing folks in their own life space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity and the waiting room feature where I can see my clients. I love that I can send my clients a quick message before starting the call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasional glitchy lag and distorted audio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to provide telehealth appointments to my clients which reduce the spread of COVID-19. The benefit is I get to work from home and reduce my carbon footprint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Therapist and Supervisor
What do you like best?

Doxy offers a free telehealth service that is easy to use and does not require clients/patients to download anything. They can simply click on a link and be able to start a telehealth session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version does not offer the opportunity to personalize your login page. It also does not offer the screen share option. At times, depending on client internet connection, connection can be poor and it may be necessary to re-start the call. Also, if a client is using doxy.me on their phone and they get a phone call, the sound can be interrupted and often, there is a need to disconnect and reconnect in order to get the sound working again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great site to start with and explore a free service before deciding to purchase a service to assist with telehealth. It is very easy to use and clients do not have to download an app or create any login. You can simply send them your link and get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One great benefit is that there is a basic, free version. It has been easy to connect with clients on doxy.me and they have found it easy to use. It does require clients to have good internet connection and can be difficult when they do not. When a client is using doxy.me on their phone and they receive a call, it can disrupt the connection and require them to re-start the telehealth call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provider
What do you like best?

HIPAA compliant… We do not have to work under the 1135 waiver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Usually, any problem is because of weak Wi-Fi in my very rural nursing homes. That is not doxy.me’s problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to continue working even while on quarantine in nursing homes with residents who have not been able to see any family members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Contractor
What do you like best?

Ease of logging on and the ease for patients to log on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting sometimes can be tough. No other downsides for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great service for my patients. I am excited that it’s free. I think the price for premium services is reasonable too. It is a great benefit to my patients. This service is keeping my family safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Professional look; clients feel more comfortable for private therapy, than a Zoom meeting.

Clear process for clients to wait for their appointments in therapist 'Waiting Room'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Took too long for my issue to be escalated to appropriate level of help--but then it was solved in 5 minutes.

There seem to be tech repairs that offline Doxy during work time, with no notification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doxy.me kept my therapy practice running seamlessly after Covid Lockdown--great to still be accessible to clients--at a time of unprecedented worry and uncertainty. Could not have done this without Doxy.me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.