3.9

DocuShare connects diverse users and content with your organization’s systems so employees, customers, constituents, and partners can efficiently access, share and process business critical information.

Mondays & Fridays, 1 PM ET

Work for DocuShare?

Learning about DocuShare?

DocuShare Reviews

Ask DocuShare a Question
Showing 80 DocuShare reviews
Rhonda D.

"Latest version of DS is great"

What do you like best?

I like how neat and clean the home page looks now. I also like the favorites feature. The addition of drag and drop with the ability to drop more than one file makes the DocuShare Drive almost obsolete.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when searching the collection, I get more than what I have asked for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find this product simple to implement and administer. The drag and drop feature is fantastic. With this new feature, it makes the DocuShare drive almost obsolete. I find the creation of users easy and can give them a generic password to change. However, if you need to "reset" a password, you do not have the ability to make them change it, you need to instruct them how to. I also find that it is impossible for me to keep up on the "clean-up" making sure users delete old or obsolete documents.

We are using DocuShare as a digital archive. It makes it nice for our districts to give view access to auditors to find documents to audit as opposed to bothering a staff member for the information.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DocuShare
Ismet D.

"Fantastic Choice"

What do you like best?

I have used many content management platforms including open source systems like DNN Software and their commercial solutions like Evoq Content and I can say that DocuShare offers the flexibility to manage everything easily. As an IT admin my goal is to setup a service and run it smoothly. In other words, the goal is to set and forget. However, I have had many problems with other providers which costs a lot of time and budget to troubleshoot. Vendors were not available to resolve tickets in a timely manner. Docushare has been successful in this. One thing you would need to check when you have a problem is a good knowledge base and Docushare does this perfectly. We had some indexing problems and it took less than an hour to identify the issue and re-index database.

What do you dislike?

Although it is not a big deal, indexing issues could be reported to sysadmin in a more quicker approach.

I have met DocuShare while assisting an existing enterprise client. I was recommending other products to my clients before than. Later I have started recommending DocuShare platform.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

Ted L.

"Xerox DocuShare Review"

What do you like best?

Xerox's DocuShare support team has been outstanding. We've used them to build us custom workflow routings, reducing the amount of time it takes the users to create the routings as opposed to creating the workflows from scratch using the native ad-hoc routings. Steps in the custom routings are based on groups tied to Active Directory so the code does not need to be updated as people come and go from positions in the company.

What do you dislike?

The database structure is difficult to try to understand. This makes trying to build reports against the system cumbersome, though Xerox will build queries into the system as a paid customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DocuShare has been a great product for us for over a decade. In our environment, it has been very 'hands-off' administratively over the years. As would be the case for document control in most if not all manufacturing companies, the drivers and owners of the system are the quality department. They have far more work than the IS department, but that's based upon the work of managing the content - the burden of QA would be there in any document control system.

As you would imagine - DocuShare is our document control system. It allows us to easily prove that we indeed do have that control during audits. We can set the auditing to be extremely verbose, giving the ability to provide traceability on any document or user.

Todd T.

"Docushare Review"

What do you like best?

The uptime for the product is very good. Very seldom do we have to reboot the in-house DocuShare server. We also like DocuShare Drive client on the workstation. Our users like the ability to edit files and their location on the fly instead of signing into the GUI

What do you dislike?

The necessity to have a SmartDocTravel server in order to be the go between the Xerox MFP and the DocuShare server. Should be able to do all of this with one server. Maybe the new version has this capability but I just don't know at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are thinking about purchasing DocuShare I would compare it to other products such as Toshiba's Docuware. We recently had a demonstration and I have to say it has more functions like the Print directly to the Toshiba printer which in turn will file it electronically without ever having to scan the document.

Electronic Document Storage. Easy to drill down and find archive documents via the text search function.

Doug C.

"Long time user, customer, and value-added reseller/integrator"

What do you like best?

DocuShare is easy to figure out and use, even for the advanced features. It's easy to integrate with other applications and operations. We use the drag-n-drop interface, DocuShare Drive, and content intake quite a lot. I use the Email Agent just about every day to send and file documents at the same time. The search features are excellent.

What do you dislike?

I've been wanting a sync program to work between my PC and DocuShare, like the simple file sharing offerings have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to someone who uses or has implemented DocuShare in the manner you intend to. Skim through the documentation and datasheets for the add-ons.

We keep all our internal documentation and account information here and use it to a limited degree to provide information about our products and services for public access.

Amy F.

"Xerox does it all"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this to do just about anything that I need in my line of work. I can scan and shrink or enlarge items, collate and hole punch, staple large booklets, I can't think of anything this doesn't do for me. It's easy to troubleshoot as well because the xerox machine in itself is pretty complicated. It also fits well with the Applied system we use and lets our office be completely paperless as far as customer files go.

What do you dislike?

The machines require quite a bit of maintenance and when one is down, our office really misses it. I love all that they can do, but with the expanded technology, it means they aren't easy for us to fix and we have to call up our maintenance plan quite often.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, if you have a large office and need to share customer files, this is the way to go.

We can all share data with each other with the touch of a button. it's stored for easy access for retrieval for all. And it can be opened in many formats.

Patrick S.

"Docushare is a very good Document Management System."

What do you like best?

Docushare has a powerful indexing system that makes searching for specific documents by keyword very easy. They also have a knowledgebase online that extensive and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Backing up and restoring the complete file system is a slow process because of the file structure Docushare uses.

Easy to use content management is the biggest benefits we have realized. Using the WebDAV feature has also enhanced our business functionality.

Bill B.

"Great Document Management Software"

What do you like best?

The search functionality is the greatest part of DocuShare. We have a lot of documents and the range of subject matter is huge so the ability to search on various and multiple options is a great time saver for our staff.

What do you dislike?

I like DocuShare Drive however we have been having issues with it especially when using Excel spreadsheets.

We have been using DocuShare for almost 20 years and the ability to store and retrieve documents in seconds is the greatest benefit that we have realized. As a municipality the wide range of subject matter and information that we deal with on a daily basis makes DocuShare an essential part of everything that we do.

"!st and Best"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to set up and deploy. Getting started is so much simpler than most products it is in a class of its own.

What do you dislike?

Very little I dislike about it as it is. One could ask for some additional features, but the complexity makes them much harder to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very simple solution that started web-based document management and still provides a clean and simple way to collaborate and share content between users while maintaining a strong security model.

Distributed sharing, collaboration, and help.

Charles S.

"Solid System -FAST"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and fast. Searching is simple.

What do you dislike?

Single sign-on with a domain controller can be hard to setup properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lots of storage space and a Full SQL install

Invoice retention and accounts payable documents. Fast and easy to find the invoice you need. No more filing cabinets.

Prashanth M.

"In-depth review of the new version rollout of Docushare"

What do you like best?

The UI and ease of use are much better now with the new layout. We did have some issues when the new version was initially rolled out, but now we have a better system overall.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the search functionality. Ideally, I'd like the barcodes scanned in as values to look-up additional to the title entered by the person scanning

Easy access to documents. Convenient location to store and retrieve Work Orders and Test Data Sheets.

AR
Administrator in Research

"DocuShare system admin"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, the menus are really easy to find and understand. I am not a regular user and did not get trained "how to", but I have been able to manage the system.

What do you dislike?

I am not a regular user, so I really can't comment on this. But as I get to use it more as system admin, I find how it is used.

Records management and training records. They are all in one location, even though it is not the "Official records" we are still able to control and mange the records for the entire group functions.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Impressive growth in recent times"

What do you like best?

I'm glad to witness Docushare setting up new benchmarks for the industry.

Many of the projects that I've worked with has Docushare as the system in place for document management!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if we can integrate custom solutions under the umbrella of docushare. From what I've been hearing, the api is very rrstrictive in terms of what sort of customizations it can allow. That is, thinking of it more of a technology rather than a just a product.

Due to a global economy in the technology age, the increase in the employee growth in varied geographical locations means that we have to be more efficient and smart in how we manage their documents and associated metadata. A lot of docushare's customers fmfi d this to be very true.

"Easy to use product!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and share documents from one computer to the other. Everything is right at the tip of your fingers. It doesn't matter if you are trying to share things with a coworker or moving from one computer to the next everything is right where you need it to be.

What do you dislike?

None this product is fast and easy to use. Everything is easy to use and there are tools to help right at there. You don't have to go searching for help and depending on others to get the help and knowledge that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try it will be well work it for you and your company!

Easy assess! No matter where you are you are able to assess whatever you need.

Anish D.

"DocuShare- Review"

What do you like best?

Its capability to manage content easily and user is able to do full text search with it.

The document which are old or used rarely can be archived and can be called back at time when needed.

As this is a web based application/ service, content can be accessed easily anywhere when required with security.

What do you dislike?

This application/ tool is good for large organizations but is very expensive for small organizations. Also, an organization need to train staff for using DocuShare as it is a bit difficult to be used by naive user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a medium to big organization you should go for DocShare for maintaining your large unmanageable large data files in any format. It helps in keeping data secure and also change old hand written files to digital files in no time.

Its latest version is smart and has new feature of content process exchange which is really helpful for big organizations and that makes this product better to use.

As a service based company, we deal with providing solutions to different clients and our work environment is agile. So, to keep track of all the documents, which changes frequently with time, this application is useful. Also, it is easy self installing virtual machine and a great repository to keep document and save system's memory.

It proved really helpful in maintaining large employee data of our company need.

AI

"Easy to use...."

What do you like best?

Easy to install and easy to use. Find your document in 1 click.

What do you dislike?

There are still no updates for IOS11 mobile after months

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no other product that can find files so fast! It is not important that you know where the file is stored.

DocuShare is complete plug and play in half a day. There is also the DocuShare drive for users who want to use an easy option for upload files direct into DocuShare collection, this is also with the drag and drop option.

central place for data structures

Archive issues

invoice aprovals

Patrick S.

"Docushare"

What do you like best?

The speed in which you can search for keywords..

What do you dislike?

Not sure if their is really anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fast searching through documents, ability to save multiple versions of the same document, routing of documents for approval, easy to use security.

Scanning documents remotely and saving into Docushare using mobile device

User in Management Consulting

"Easy to use tool to manage docs."

What do you like best?

It helps managing your docs in a hierarchical way so that look up is easier. Other one of the best features that I generally don't find in other similar tools is the API availability. Plus they have a good web interface with quite intuitive flow.

What do you dislike?

Support could be better. Though they organise files into sub directories I still find a need of having a search bar which would make things a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good tool to have given you've to work around a lot of documents, manages them quite nicely. Would highly recommend.

In our company a lot of things are uploaded from docs to DBs and vice versa. Considering the web interface and API availability it's a very useful tool to have, cuts down a lot of trash work and lets you focus on main things.

LauriBeth H.

"Great for accessing documents on the web"

What do you like best?

That we can keep a gold copy of documents like policies and procedures that are linked on the website and allow for uploading a new revision without having to redo links on the website.

What do you dislike?

Our main frustration is that we use LDAP to authenticate and would like to be able to create pass keys or single sign ons for staff, but staff have to login specifically to DocuShare even after they have already logged into the intranet.

Maintaining a document repository that allows both external and internal access and allows for public and private documents that area web accessible.

Michael B.

"Highly effective document management"

What do you like best?

Scalability, ease of use, low implementation costs

What do you dislike?

Product is very much a tool set with vast capabilities but there is very little best practices or user community support and awareness available

Paper file reduction, filing labor reduction, increased document accessibility and sharing across departments and distances

Ray B.

"Flexible ECM environment "

What do you like best?

Docushare is very flexible and can adapt to a wide range of tasks, workflows and ECM needs. The addition of drag and drop was a great improvement

What do you dislike?

The search feature is great but a little slow.

General ECM needs. We have been able to use Docushare in ways that weren't first envisioned because of it's flexability.

"User friendly for administrators and users"

What do you like best?

Docushare is easy to set up and easy to use. The user interface is intuitive for our staff. They are up and running with minimal instruction. The ability to include comments for each version is really helpful as the comments are displayed in the list of versions.

What do you dislike?

At first glance, the web interface looks outdated. However, the features and functionality is solid. Technical phone support is frequently of an international source, which makes it challenging to understand at times.

Docushare helps us save time and frustration by providing a full featured central location for all of our shared documents.

Mark R.

"Docushare - Decent Basic FUnctions "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the system is simple for users to learn.

What do you dislike?

Minimal functional capabilities. A tool like this should have advanced workflow functions but we have yet to find someone from Xerox that can identify workflow capabilities without spending $1 mil on an add on.

Imaging and storage of business critical documents

Tony D.

"DocuShare: Best Kept Secret in the ECM market. "

What do you like best?

Extremely reliable, intuitive operation, low cost of ownership, extensible, easily expanded and it is flexible enough to handle cross-business platform requirements.

What do you dislike?

Lacks multi-tenancy capabilities precluding it from being a service bureau platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the lowest TCO solution addressing a myriad of business requirements. It is very easy to operate and support as a horizontal solution to major business component requirements.

H-R, student onboarding, payroll, A/R & A/P, pharma regulatory reporting, financial services … application processing, broker transfer, client self-service, client on boarding ... and, more.

UP
User in Public Policy

"It works fine"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to log into and doesn't take long to learn.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it organizes documents very well. I don't use it often, so it's fine for a few, but I think it would be challenging with a lot of documents.

Docushare allows several of our offices to work on a document together without having to worry about which version we're working off of.

Mark P.

"ECM Reduces Paperwork Storage Requirements"

What do you like best?

We chose Docushare as our content management system for several reasons including, web based interface (no client required though one is available), robust search engine and price point. With Docushare we have completely eliminated internal and external (IronMountain) storage needs. It also speeds up the document retrieval process for departments like AP and AR. Previously a request from a client or supplier would necessitate a trip to the filing cabinet or internal storage facility. These delays have been eliminated by the search function which allows the user to retrieve a document based on a keyword, invoice number for example. Our centralized AP function generated on average a bankers box of invoices per week. Now they all go into Docushare automatically through the use of a bolt-on called Smart Document Travel. Believe it or not the implementation removed a physical safety hazard by eliminating the flow of 110 pound Banker's Boxes to and from the internal storage facility.

What do you dislike?

The built-in work flow system leaves something to be desired. Though you can set up and save work flows for reuse, the flows themselves lack the ability to return a document to the previous step or originator. That is, the person approving the document can reject it, but in order to correct it and reissue you need to create a new flow or add to the existing. Xerox does have a more robust work flow system but we found it overkill for our purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Inexpensive ECM solution, excellent support structure.

Lowered the cost of storage, significantly improved document retrieval speed removed some physical safety hazards.

"Document scanning and retrieval"

What do you like best?

Docushare allows our organization the ability to stay organized with our electronic document scanning. We scan documents from our existing multi-function devices and that scan sends a notification to the users desktop. Once the user receives the notification that the document has been scanned into the system they can organize, tag, and assgn the scan.

What do you dislike?

We have gone through several versions and the client installs have been cumbersome, although have improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good option for document management and storage

Document storage, management and retrieval

Gary I.

"Docushare works good"

What do you like best?

DS is a great document management system we have been using for 10 years with minimal issues. Fairly user friendly as well.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is having to use Autostore as middle-ware to upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure

DS handles all our document management needs.

UR
User in Research

"Document Management"

What do you like best?

Team collaboration, document storage, task management and workflow management.

What do you dislike?

Deleting a document or file is not easy. I wish they could be deleted by simply clicking delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a heat tool for document management and ease of retrieval. Also great for collaboration .

Manage Workflow between departments and work groups

Laura Tomasso B.

"DocuShare Review"

What do you like best?

I really like how user friendly DocuShare is. It was very easy to learn the program from day 1. I also like that DocuShare is a one stop storage option for electronic documents.

What do you dislike?

Searching for documents wasn't always easy. There were no predetermined formats for organizing documents within a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

Having all electronic documents in one place has been a huge time saver and is a very efficient way to not only store but also find documents. Being able to create different case files has been very helpful also.

C

"I find DocuShare easy to use."

What do you like best?

What I like the best about DocuShare is the simple folder structure. This helps with the organization of documents.

What do you dislike?

When using the Desktop client on Windows you are not able to include any of the custom metadata properties defined for a folder or document type.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before implementing DocuShare ensure that you have completed a thorough fit-gap excercise and sent multiple staff memmbers on training.

We have been able to store invoices and receipts via OCR scanning with DocuShare. This has minimized the need for physical storage of paper documents.

UE
User in Education Management

"Document sharing improved"

What do you like best?

The searchability functions make it easier to find documents that you are looking for. This is a vast improvement over a network file share where documents are dumped and finding the document you're looking for can be challenging.

What do you dislike?

DocuShare is trying to do too many things. Wikis, blogs, document storage

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the support that Xerox offers. They can help you through any issues or concerns you may run into.

Keeping frequently used documents in an easy to find place.

MICHAEL H.

"Docushare sharing documents easily"

What do you like best?

Docushare is a professional application very flexible, very general and very easy to use.

Docushare is easy to install and do the maintenance and support.

Docushare can be used in all sectors of activity for paper documents dematerialisation and document management.

What do you dislike?

The main problem is the management of office documents (modification of word and excel files, management of outlook mails).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

test it, keep it

All our customers are satisfied with docushare for document management.

AB
Administrator in Building Materials

"Good but needs better interface"

What do you like best?

Docushare is very easy secure and great for document control

What do you dislike?

Setting up the initial structure was not easy. Once set, do not find that it needs to be changed. Wish they had templates for setting up users. Currently, each user is setup separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easier to setup users.

Document control and a central database for documents.

AD
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Great software"

What do you like best?

We use this at work every day. Great location to upload files for everyone on the team to access. It is very simple to use and upload files. Easily can download files and have version control as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be very difficult to find a file and you have to go through a lot of search results to find what you are looking for, unless you're very specific with your search criteria.

Benefits are that everyone on the team has one location they can upload files.

II
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Nearly a dead product folks!"

What do you like best?

Our group bought Docushare from Xerox via a Xerox office equipment vendor introduction. We liked both the MFP and Document Scanner ability to make our office enterprise paperless and office workflow streamlined. The system had a nice, visual interface for document delivery at client desktop, and the web portal looked very service-able and sharp. The montlhy cost our Xerox supplier came up with was just managable on our current business lease, so we pushed forward with it.

What do you dislike?

Well, now we dislike the entire system. Workflow designs we implement with the Xerox tech and guides rarely work long-term if at all. The web portal has a headache with each new version of I.E. so we switched to Chrome, but that presents other issues. The system does not have a good content search engine, and they want nearly six figures to put in a good one for the enterprise system, and the foldering/archive setup, now that we've seen other good ECM systems in the field and at tradeshows, makes our system look pretty bad by comparison.

Recently, we got a breakdown of our business lease. Turned out this Xerox supplier had kept us on an unusually high monthly pay rate, even though all of our copier and printer rates had decreased by about 60% !! They moved in the Docushare cost to maintain the high monthly cost we were paying, and this thing is super expensive for an ECM system that does not work half of the time, and has shallow, if any, support when you need it!

The storage is not well-managed when you get into the 3-figure gigabyte count, and they keep on on these awful Documate scanners, which are not even made by Xerox, as they'd like you to think, but by a company out of Japan called Mashuscita. I mean they can scan, but I put one up against both a Fujitsu and a Kodak, and my Documate came in dead last in performance, just like our MFP devices, WHICH, I found out, once we get our scanning on track someday, we can reduce by about 80% across our company offices, because when it is all scanned, you don't need that hardware anymore! Maybe that is why they keep Docushare malfunctioning, because you won't need any Xerox hardware anymore if their software worked right, or well or something better than what we have now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Xerox partners are dumping it like hot coals, so I'd say, "Don't go there."

We got close to paperless for a while and resolved a huge file room, but that was it! It was painful process on the Docushare system too. The workflow never worked that well, documents did not route correctly most of the time, business rules, easy ones, were hard to implement. THEN we found out most Xerox office supply and business partnes are dumping Docushare as an offering, and moving on to less-expensive other ECM systems instead. (I just wont' trust antoher Xerox partner to provide our ECM software next time. They would not get educated on what they had, so I doubt they will in the future, and their software support staff turns over regularly. Bad situation.)

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Good at what it does and a better cost than many alternatives"

What do you like best?

It is simple and to the point. We need to keep purchase orders, etc for 7 years, and it does that and flags documents that need to be deleted to keep in policy.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. Software does exactly what is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our vendor has built scripts to automate uploads of documents to certain collections using the Windows Docushare client. This makes use of Docushare so much easier, and almost fully automated.

Document retention. We need to keep purchase orders, etc for 7 years, and it does that and flags documents that need to be deleted to keep in policy.

NAGARAJU C.

"Good enterprise document management tool"

What do you like best?

A very good enterprise document management tool, versioning, access control, reports , export.

What do you dislike?

UX for User administration can be improved.

best one is unique link for each document

AB
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Docushare for Legal Department"

What do you like best?

Docushare was very user friendly, as long as the user has a logical idea of how to set up the database. Any user needs to keep in mind it is a database.

What do you dislike?

I really do not recall many dislikes of using Docushare. It is very similar to an electric filing system I use currently at my present job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Treat this as a task/program, the administrator needs to act like a program manager. Collaborate with your co-workers/users of the database. Invite feedback, conduct live presentations of how your idea will work for the task at hand.

I used Docushare in my Six Sigma Project while I was employed at Raytheon. It was the only tool provided to convert the legal department files into a legal electronic filing system. Although I did not stay with that employer long enough to earn my Six Sigma certification, I thought Docushare was a good tool, and it even provided security. The staff in the legal department was adverse to the idea for years, but I think if the developer of the database uses logic and communicates that logic, invites feedback from users, the Docushare database is efficient and convenient.

AC
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Docushare"

What do you like best?

It's ease of programming and use. It makes business life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

It could have better search capabilities but I rarely had any issues with it, at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need it!

It makes working with a team so much easier and more efficient. When we very first implemented the product, the CEO gave me call one afternoon. He was a commercial property manager with a dozen different properties. He's directed bookkeeping to pay a donwpayment on a bill the week before. all he knew is that it was for carpet, he wasn't even sure which owner within the medical condo association would have paid it (we managed several of the individual condos within the building as well as the association itself). In the past, I would have taken up to a half hour, searching through all of the physical files to find this bill relating to carpet. With Docushare, I just opened it up and typed in the phrase 'carpet' and looked for the most recent document. Bill found, problem solved...in less than a minute. What a time saver!

"Great storage for documents an revisions"

What do you like best?

I love that you can subscribe to notification when things get changed and or added.

What do you dislike?

Delays in uploads but they usually resolve themselves.

Automation of wok processes.

"DucuMagic"

What do you like best?

The ability to Sign documents from anywhere at anytime is incredible truely frees up time

What do you dislike?

Not much if anything. The flexibility saves me time and money with travel

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out you will love it

I can now forward documents and receive them back in a timely manner without access to a fax machine or needing a carrier to deliver them to and back

"Docushare"

What do you like best?

Great support from your Canada support center. Everyone I spoke with were very knowledgeable about the product.

What do you dislike?

At high document volumes (2 million +), the system becomes slow and difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine if your users will want a web-based solution or if they want windows integration so it acts as a network drive. We saw a wide spread of expectations and comfort levels with both of these options.

AP document digitization and long-term storage.

IC
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"A brilliant Document Management system from small businesses to enterprises."

What do you like best?

DocuShare is a simple, highly customisable DMS, with excellent search facilities, flexible metadata and good support.

What do you dislike?

Although it has been updated, the UI is still a little old fashioned at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DocuShare is relatively cheap, however to get the most out of it, speak to a VAR to get it customised to your requirements. This should still keep the cost down.

Internal company documentation, and some external access. DocuShare allows for documentation to be stored in an organised way which allows easy and searchable retrieval across the company.

"Software is fine, but not having options for the reseller really makes it too difficult"

What do you like best?

The people here who need to store extraordinary amounts of paper documents like the software.

What do you dislike?

Being forced to use an extremely unhelpful reseller doesn't make any sense. As a customer, if I tell Xerox that a reseller is not working out, why can't Xerox allow us access to a different reseller??

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you can work with your reseller

Storing Documents

Jean D.

"Intuitive Experience"

What do you like best?

The accessibility feature is awesome. Great user experience, Enormous document storage capacity, and just simply easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Finding or searching for files can be cumbersome but overall so far so good.

Being to find files all in one or general location makes things easier. This definitely saves time and helps our team members view and update documents simultaneously.

UG
User in Graphic Design

"Relatively easy to learn, some limitations"

What do you like best?

The ability to send multiple print documents at a time, ability to paginate directly on DocuShare, etc

What do you dislike?

Many glitches causing system crashes where you have to reboot & resend the documents because it loses some presets. Technical support is minimal at best.

Many people can send documents at once and set up each file to print different than the last, if necessary, without having to reset before each print.

C

"Simple but Elegant Document Management"

What do you like best?

The best part of this solution is that it is so simple, yet does so much! The software is easy to use and easy to manage

What do you dislike?

The only downside to the solution is the cost, but if the need is there, then the solution proves its worth!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a solution to store, manage and distribute your documents in a safe, reliable manner. I suggest Docushare!

The benefits of using DocuShare are great, We needed DocuShare to manage and store our documents/documentation

"Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

Security and sharing over the internet. Ability to share documents in a secure environment.

What do you dislike?

Complicated for novice users and does not have a direct way to scan to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TAKE YOUR TIME INSTALLING AND READ THE DIRECTIONS WORD FOR WORD!

Scanning to repositories

"IT Support Speacilist"

What do you like best?

The new dynamic interface that lets you create content very easily and enables adding file by simply dragging and dropping into the destination.

What do you dislike?

All features are very well thought and designed for the end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended.

Advanced search feature makes life extremely easier by letting the user search even the content in the pdf.

Learn more about DocuShare

DocuShare Videos

Learning about DocuShare?

* We monitor all DocuShare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9