1. Price prediction - you buy a Virtual Machine for 20$/month and you know exactly how much you will be charged. It's much better than Amazon Web Services where it's impossible to predict.
2. Very convenient service for Kubernetes clusters. It works "out-of-the-box" and it is much more convenient than google developer console.
3. Ability to recover access to the virtual machine even if you lost your security key (which is not the option in AWS)
4. Ability to turn on a back up for 20% of your virtual machine price
5. Possibility to split virtual machines by projects
6. Digital Ocean virtual machine is very powerful, so for such a price you get the best value - you can host up to 3 websites on one $5/month machine
7. Very simple, smart and user friendly interface to work, so learning time cost is almost zero
8. Possibility to connect via web platform and feel almost no difference to SSH connection.
9. Digital Ocean has a lot of pre-built images for most of popular developer needs.
10. All disks are SSD and time to set the virtual machine up is less than 1 minute Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.