Digital Pigeon Reviews & Product Details

What is Digital Pigeon?

Share your digital media with clients quickly, reliably and beautifully. Digital Pigeon is a large file delivery service for digital media producers, creative studios and advertising & marketing agencies. You don't have time for failed or slow downloads. We partner with Amazon Web Services, one of the world’s biggest, most trusted cloud service providers to make sure your work is delivered quickly and securely. Our technology means you'll never compete for bandwidth again when uploading files - and your clients won't, when downloading your work. With Digital Pigeon, you can: - present your work professionally (using your own branding), - give clients the ability to preview your work online - without the need to download - get feedback from clients quickly and easily, speeding up WIP - track when files have been accessed, previewed and downloaded. Try us out today with a 14 day free trial.

Digital Pigeon Screenshots

1-25 of 34 total Digital Pigeon reviews

Digital Pigeon Reviews

1-25 of 34 total Digital Pigeon reviews
CEO/producer/researcher

"The most thought through approach to large file transfer"

What do you like best?

The speed, the previews generated, the email notifications about every aspect of the transfer including when the files are accessed and by whom, the flexible storage options and the review of the files on a mobile app. The customer service from the team is also brilliant - with follow-up enquiries about the level of service and how it can be improved.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the uploads pause with no explanation (this could always be a local connectivity issue) and the current lack of plug-ins for other high file size apps like Photoshop or NLEs like Premiere and Final Cut. These are small gripes though. The service is the best of its kind that I've found.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just see how it improves your workflow.

I'm sending large files to clients every day, so need a service I can access through a browser as well as a program. The ability to brand these is very appealing but more important is the constant monitoring of progress that the email notifications facilitate. It is so good to learn who has accessed the files and when, especially when I've sent files to a predefined group, which the program remembers - also useful with ongoing projects. The ability to handle a variety of file sizes and types enhances the value of the service and I really like the option to extend the already long period that the file stays live, allowing me to re-send batches of material to clients who have lost or mislaid the original upload, something which is a constant problem on projects with a lot of files flying around.

Freelance Senior Editor, Flame Artist, Director, Producer & Photographer
Media Production

"Your client review delivery method search ends here. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, view notifications, speed. Uploads are much faster than WeTransfer, Hightail or Dropbox, and you can have the app notify you when your client/recipient views their file - this alone makes it worthwhile! Fantastic customisable branded interface gives your business a professional look. And most importantly, it's very easy to use!!

What do you dislike?

At this stage, can't import gmail contacts. Also, no android app. Major Bummer! Hopefully this will change soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it!

The fact you can be notified when a client views their file is a big one for me. They can then share it amongst their recipients (this is also customisable) with your branding still intact too. It's solid, I've never had an error. And you can keep your files on the server for as long as you like. (plan dependent)

Another hidden surprise - you can easily stream the file on your phone quickly - the app downconverts a high res file for quick playback on a mobile device.

(Myself Only)

"The absolute best file sharing company bar none"

What do you like best?

Digital Pigeon stand alone at the pinnacle of file sharing companies. While other companies promise the world, Digital pigeon actually deliver and here's why.

Massive files can be shared very securely and faster than by any other means in a highly customizable interface in a truly unlimited way. Many other services will throttle your delivery speed or number of downloads once you hit a certain threshold for sharing large files, but they don't tell you what that threshold will be until you hit it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have a folder with thousands of files and because of their file structure system you can't upload these files at a root level. It's simple to fix by just embedding them in a folder before uploading but I do forget sometimes !

Recommendations to others considering the product:

compare the maximum file size you can upload. Even the unlimited services you'll find do have limits if you have to share a large file with a lot of people.

1. The only company that let's you have very large individual files. I have some single Quicktimes that are larger than 10Gb. All the other file sharing companies choke on very large files.

2. Personalised sharing and uploads. They allow you to highly customise and create your own page for sharing individual files.

3. No limits or throttling on downloads of large files when you share large files with many people.

4. Able to display almost every kind of visual file. Even obscure file formats like DNG come up in a web page to view. and plenty of options for video file playback interface.

Post Production Manager

"Fantastic platform for receiving and sending files"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, ability to customise the platform and how clean and responsive the UX is. We deliver all our video files through this platform and it's drastically improved our ability to track files, sending and share them with clients and track that they've received them successfully.

What do you dislike?

Would appreciate a warning before I quit the app during transfers, happens sometimes where I shut it down prematurely without thinking.

Sometimes clients will 'Download All' resulting in a ZIP file and (due to Australia's average overall internet) the ZIP file can finish prematurely but looks to be complete, despite having a much smaller file size than anticipated which is corrupted. Wouldn't say that's much of a Digital Pigeon issue though as that relies on browsers handling downloads properly.

Previously, it was difficult to track the delivery of our mastered video files. There'd be dozens of individual email links and the one hub where all our files lived was messy and hard to navigate. We couldn't choose when files expired either.

Now all our video files are easy to sort through, expiration dates can be customised and it's simpler to navigate who gets notified when files are provided to us or clients download their files.

"Digital Pigeon rules!"

What do you like best?

I looove everything about it! I cannot imagine my work without it! How otherwise could I distribute my show on so many TVs in a blink of an eye? How could I not be amazed by the fact that I'm instantly noticed when any one of these access my file? And I know that they appreciate the possibility to preview the file before downloading it!

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing. But if you want more characters, I'll repeat: actually, nothing! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I absolutely recommend it!

As I said, fast and reliable distribution of my show to quite a lot of TV stations, with the extremely useful feature of being noticed when any of these access my file. Plus preview feature, of course... and last but not least, months of accessibility to my files.

"Helps my website design an digital marketing agency business more than I could have imagined"

What do you like best?

Being able to send clients their own upload link so that I can receive files from them is our main use for this tool. For web agencies, getting content from clients is always the hardest part of a project. Digital Pigeon makes the management of this so much simpler.

I also like receiving alerts when things are happening via Slack.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the software. It's obviously incredibly fast and reliable - and it just works.

Getting large amounts of content from clients. Without a doubt, this has made the whole process simpler. But we know you use it to send work to our clients with their own branding. They always comment on how professional the file service is and like that's it intuitive.

Video Content Producer (Shooter / Editor)

"Best choice we ever made..."

What do you like best?

I like that it's helped us replace multiple pieces of software and cloud solutions, it tracks every time a file is accessed and allows us to receive files via a custom webpage portal from our suppliers.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes the emails sent from DP don't always reach clients - but that also has a lot to do with the strength of their IT system as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try - especially if you're in the media industry - the creators have a background that gives you reassurance they know what they're doing !

Gives us just the one piece of software/a cloud solution that's geared towards audio and video, which is our mainstay.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Thanks for the great review Paul.

The problem with email delivery stems from Digital Pigeon sending email on behalf of an Account Owner (our customer).

The destination mail servers sometimes filter these emails out, or incorrectly identify them as promotional material.

The best solution is to configure Digital Pigeon to use your mail server.

The article below outlines the steps involved in doing this.

"Fantastic file sharing - quick easy & trackable!"

What do you like best?

Massive files can be shared very securely and easily. Many other services will throttle your delivery speed or number of downloads once you hit a certain threshold for sharing large files, but they don't tell you what that threshold will be until you hit it.

It helps with my resource planning as well to be able to see when certain people have reviewed shared files, allowing me to plan my projects even more easily.

What do you dislike?

I haven't figured out how to easily structure, and folder my files. Making it easy to place in multiple version when reviews come through, but allow me to go back and review old versions while a project is still active.

It is a fast and reliable distribution of our content, with the extremely useful feature of being noticed when any of these access my file. Plus preview feature, of course...

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Hi, thanks so much for the awesome review. In regards to folder structures, we have some guides here which will help you - https://digitalpigeon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000036135-Folder-File-Management

I hope that answers your question, but if not, email our support team and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks, Paul

Online Editor
Entertainment

"Perfect solution for all my client needs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send any file type...not only Quicktime movies...but audio files or project files. I'm not limited only to upload video for clients to review, I can get them elements of the projects as well. And I LOVE that we get notifications when a client accesses and downloads or views what we post. Because then you can either remind them when a lot of time has passed when you posted it, or prod them for notes if too much time is passing, and the clients can't lie and say "Oh, i haven't seen it yet."

I like that I don't need to tie it to clients. I don't need to authorize a select few people to "collaborate" with. I have my regular clients, and then I have the occasional one-off clients that I need to send things to...and I don't need to add them to any collaboration list, I just add their email and they can see it. They can also forward the email to other to view.

And I can use it to send my mom and dad a quick video of the kids without posting it to YouTube...give them something to download.

I like that things remain on the server for a specified time of my choosing. Either the default 90 days, or indefinitely. Up to me. As I have clients who consistently need to access a file, who don't download things.

What do you dislike?

That a client can't send something my way. They need to use Google Drive or WeTransfer. But it's not that big of a deal...not a deal breaker by ANY means.

I'm solving getting video files to clients to watch, and to download and watch, or keep...without needing to post on VIMEO or YOUTUBE and password protect. I can get them not only video files, but data files as well, project files, or music, or pictures.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Thanks so much for the review Shane! Good news - we actually have functionality where you can receive large files! We will get in touch with you via email with instructions on what you can do to receive files from your clients. Thanks again.

"Fastest and most elegant file transfer service around"

What do you like best?

Firstly, you cant look past the sheer speed of the uploads and downloads. We've used everything and honestly, nothing else can compete. Digital Pigeon will use as much bandwidth as you can throw at it. We're using a Fibre 100/40 connection and are sending files ranging from a few hundred megs up to 200GB at a time. Speed is important for us as a business because our clients don't like to wait (and to be honest, neither do we).

Secondly, it looks great. All our download pages are custom branded and recipients receive nicely formatted emails when they have files to access. It makes for a really slick user experience for our own customers, and it helps maintain our brand.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we dislike, more just features that we would love to see in the future. eg. Keyboard shortcuts in the desktop app, integration with a ITTT service etc. But these are all cherries on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use WeTransfer, Dropbox, Hightail etc to send files, then you'll be amazed by how fast and reliable Digital Pigeon is. And the people receiving the files will love it too.

This software has become a core tool for us at Post Lab IO and we use it every day on every single job. We're a services business and the product our customers take away are FILES. So the way in which our customers receive their files from us is super important.

Everyone I've recommended this to has loved it, and its becoming the default tool of choice for post-production companies in Melbourne.

Large file transfers, file access and video previews have always been the bane of post-production. Our processes with clients are very repetitive, we export a video, upload to a video sharing service, send them a link. When you're doing this dozen of times a day, and for multiple clients, it starts to get messy. And you lose out on our own brand to whichever video sharing site you use. With DP, the time-consuming part is automated, we export the video and drop it into DP, its up and away within minutes and the client gets an email.

"Digital Pigeon helped me nail online delivery of entries to the Someday Challenge"

What do you like best?

I love that we have been able to set up a simple system that entrants to our film competition can use to deliver their films without first needing to contact us or set up file delivery systems etc. I wanted a drag and drop system that was as easy as YouTube and it's turned out to be even easier which is crucial for the range of entrants we have.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Digital Pigeon. They are a responsive service who have bent over backwards to assist our organisation and I'm pleased to be associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's fast, simple and reliable so I highly recommend it.

We needed a simple delivery system that didn't require excessive management on our part and was simple for film-makers to use. Digital Pigeon's system has released us from confusing set-ups that don't work well for the film-makers or us.

Software development manager

"Great service - it's my file mover of choice"

What do you like best?

I've been using digital pigeon for work and pleasure for more years and it is quick, responsive and did everything I needed to just work. It's nice having stuff that just works. They have been quick and informative to any support emails also

What do you dislike?

I couldn't figure out how to get a rendered movie file I had to send to my daughters iPad for her school assignment to download instead of just stream and play.

File moving to synch large objects with our offshore staff. Simple, cheap and efficient.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the review.

It should be as straightforward as pressing the 'download' button. However, you will require another app installed on the iPad that can handle local storage. I believe this is just the way iOS handles things.

Feel free to email us at help@digitialpigeon.com and we can investigate this further if you need! Thanks again!

Chief Beancounter / Occasional Orthosis Wrangler

"My experiences using Digital Pigeon"

What do you like best?

The speed and the reliability, and the ability to customise the notifications to suit my requirements.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike - but I did have a big project recently with over 40 videos and it would have been handy to be able to share a project folder? Rather than sharing the files individually...maybe I'm just a noob and there's already a way to do this?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very reliable, very quick and great support team (who always send an email just to check in)...

File delivery and security/confidentiality.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Thanks for the great review Michael.

Projects are something we are interested in doing. Until then, you may like to see how to work with folders in an existing upload.

There is more information about this here: https://digitalpigeon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000193736-Folder-Management-Overview

"Super Simple, Super effective"

What do you like best?

I use Digital Pigeon multiple times daily. It's so simple to use, give you plenty of sharing options (expiry dates, permissions, previews etc) and being able to see when/if people have looked at your files is great too.

What do you dislike?

Could do with some additional plan options since we often go over our monthly quota, but overage costs are very low. So not a big issue

Getting our work to clients in a way that is simple for us to send and looks good for them to receive.

"Great file sharing software"

What do you like best?

The Pigeon, is great, it's easy to use, either from iphones or computers.

What do you dislike?

We have a few people accessing the pigeon at our end and we can't see who's downloaded the files, so sometimes get confusing for our staff. Would love a feature to be able to see that files have been downloaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is great software, 1000 times easier and better than dropbox...

We found immediate benefit when starting to use this software. Our clients can quickly send over files without having to sign up to any program, simple drag & drop...!!!

Mastering Engineer
Music
(Myself Only)

"The best file transferring service by far"

What do you like best?

I've tried a number of file transferring services for my business and Digital Pigeon is by far - THE BEST! I've had zero issues from clients and the system integrates wonderfully with my website. The support is also excellent.

What do you dislike?

So far I have found nothing to dislike.

I need to transfer very large files to and from clients quickly and reliably. Digital Pigeon does this very well. The widget system means that it integrates seamlessly into my website so that clients aren't redirected elsewhere.

Senior Art Director / Designer / Partner
Media Production

"Excellent customer service, functionality, price and speed."

What do you like best?

No unnecessary bells and whistles, a perfect balance between really intuitive, versatile functionality & easy to use mixed with speeds I haven't seen matched elsewhere. Customer service has been second to none with very specific requests being addressed & implemented within weeks.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be more easy on the eyes, however it doesn't get in the way.

Digital Pigeon solved a longstanding issue with sharing video / other files with clients, in a simple, powerful way.

Director at Red Herring Productions

"fantastic "

What do you like best?

The fact my clients can view their files immediately on whatever platform they have at hand. I can also monitor whether my clients received their files and if they have watched them.

Customer service is absolutely phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

not a lot, possibly the filing of used files but that really isn't too much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go. The few extra sheckles a year are well worth it, you'll be glad you made the change.

Sending files reliably with satisfied customers at the other end.

"Digital Pigeon is the best file transfer solution"

What do you like best?

Ability to brand your transfers gives a very professional look and ability to track behaviour of the receivers of files. also the ability to set up a link for other collaborators to share files with you on the same platform is a great plus. A very comprehensive and feature rich solution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really though i just haven't worked out how to move a file from my received files to a sending file where i'm replacing the previous file. I guess i'll work this out in due course. Nothing apart from this has cropped up so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended in comparison to other options for video transfer such as Dropbox etc

Being able to get a professional presentation transmitted to guys in the field and on the move. The preview is also exceptional and can be used directly to share a presentation although at low res. All in all far more satisfactory than other tools such as dropbox.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Thank you for the great review!

To answer the challenge you are having, if you want to forward files you have received, simply click Options in the top right hand corner and then "forward all files".

However, if that's not exactly what you were looking to do - please email us at help@digitalpigeon.com and we'll get to the bottom of it! :)

Studio Manager

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Download and upload speeds are always fantastic. Can always rely on safe delivery of files.

Love being able to easily preview files before download and also being able to keep files on the server for 12 months!

What do you dislike?

The software and website are fantastic - it would be great to see a dedicated mobile app however.

Digital Pigeon enables us to send and keep track of big media files without a hassle.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Thanks for the great review Andrew! We have a mobile app for iOS which can be downloaded here. https://www.digitalpigeon.com/features/digital-pigeon-apps/

"Best FTP software on the market"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The interface makes transfer of large files extremely easy. You can complete your correspondence without having to wait for large files to upload. And edit content of a mail AFTER it has been sent. Great FTP platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Always been solid and robust. platform. Never had a single issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it. Buy it.

Transferring large files in a secure manner offsite.

"Fast efficient and they listen"

What do you like best?

Love the speed, the reliability, the ease of use but best of all is the customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns the response times are amazing. As a company we have tried all the digital delivery systems and this one stands out by a mile.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it just works smoothly and efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go...you won't regret it!

Obviously the need for couriers has disappeared from our business, but working on projects with overseas clients it's great to have the ability to upload to various overseas servers

"Usefull site for everyday needs!"

What do you like best?

The layout is very simple and user friendly. It can be the simplest of task or you can really create your own link that is catered for specific clients.

What do you dislike?

The new log in I feel is pointless. Its used to have email and password as one and now its email then enter and the password box appears. Don't see any point in it really.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its great!

I am able to quickly get videos and documents to multiple people at once and able to see when they have received it and they can easily reply to my links.

Casting Director
Entertainment

"The only filesharing service I use! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the overall layout, the instant updates between people you share the files with...it's just brilliant. I also like the customisation for video files.

What do you dislike?

Ooh, I've not found something about Digital Pigeon that I dislike, there's hardly anything!

We share our files smarter, faster and easier. I can't count the time I've saved since switching over.

Senior Designer
Events Services

"Digital pigeon is most excellent "

What do you like best?

Notification of when client has viewed files

What do you dislike?

The files are archived after a certain amount of time but if I want to just delete them it seems to still add them to the archive

Remote client approval and delivery of digital files. A much, much better way of working than dropbox or wetransfer.

Response from Paul Evans of Digital Pigeon

Hi Emil,

Thanks so much for the great review. It may be worth checking the settings under Manage > Account. You may have "archive on expiry enabled by default".

You can read more about this here: https://digitalpigeon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/333756993195-Updating-Account-Details-and-Default-Settings#accountdefault

If you are still having issues, please feel free to contact help@digitalpigeon.com

Digital Pigeon Features

9.6
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* File Storage and Sharing Category
Do you work for Digital Pigeon?

Digital Pigeon Comparisons