Designmodo Startup Framework

Suit Up Your Startup

Work for Designmodo Startup Framework?

Learning about Designmodo Startup Framework?

Designmodo Startup Framework Reviews

Ask Designmodo Startup Framework a Question
Showing 10 Designmodo Startup Framework reviews

"Good for Non-Tech Designers, Simply Interface"

What do you like best?

I first discovered Designmodo through an article on web design. It's a great place to start if you are just getting into web design, coding, UX, and even graphics. The articles and resources aren't too "techy" for a novice to follow. A good amount of free resources (UI kits, mockups, and design inspiration). There's some advances stuff for coding but I mainly look to it for WordPress. The layout of the website and the content

As for the products they offer, I've tried their Postcards for email. Opted not to keep it though because we needed more options. It's worth a try for small designs, beginners, and consultants. They have really high-quality pre-made templates and it's a simple drag/drop dashboard that you work from.

What do you dislike?

Didn't too much care for the Qards for WordPress. There are better theme options & page builders to use on unlimited websites for the Agency/top tier pricing. For Postcards, the cost is not bad for I like that I can upload photos by the link, but I wish that were integrated with Pixabay or Pexels for free images. Even though I like the simplicity of the drag/drop, it would be nice to have an option to add custom code for designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add more options to justify the cost.

To design emails quickly as well as have a resource for design work. The articles are great for the training of new design team members and continued education of seasoned designs for growing trends/new developments.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Designmodo Startup Framework
Tyler A.

"Great Place for Resources and Industry Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Designmodo has a ton of quality mockups and resources that rival most other design resource sites. It's a design resource site that you can tell was built by designers. The articles they write are not just fluff pieces for SEO, but actually help me in my daily work or just to get better at different skills. Almost all of the free resources are pretty solid for when you need something quick that is also of great quality.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily like how much they push their market items, but I get that they have to bring in revenue through that. Also when you go to the Market page, it feels like you are put onto a totally different site and it would make more sense to me if it felt like one cohesive experience. The offset sizing in the blog's grid is kind of annoying because it feels like it was designed just to have a quirky grid. It's little but it sort of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It won't be the end all, be all for resources, but it is pretty close.

When I need a good starting point for a UI project or just need some high quality mockups, Designmodo is usually where I go. I know that their UI kits aren't just pretty Dribbble mockups but thoroughly thought through so I don't have to do all of that upfront work. What keeps me coming back are their articles on related topics like development and design trends.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Agency

"The quality of their products and customer services are unbeatable!"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure which one is better. I'm a designer who knows just enough to navigate around basic code and their products are top notch both from a design & UX perspective and from the simplistic implementation of the backend coding. I've used almost all their products in multiple iterations of releases. You can easily create a top notch looking website in a matter of hours. The generator app which allows you to build the general layout and sections of your website is awesome. You can then export the code and have a great starting point to tweak and customize your website to your hearts content.

Customer service is also very good. They often respond within minutes of your questions via their live chat feature. Being a person that is not a developer, I often ask very basic questions which I would assume most developers know but they are always willing to help me every step of the way.

What do you dislike?

They switched from a one time purchase fee to a subscription fee basis based model. It's not really an issue because its well worth what your getting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for those who develop or build websites for clients and/or for their own business.

If your creating websites for clients or your own business and you don't want to use content management systems like Wordpress for speed or security reasons, their collection of products are perfect for HTML-based websites. They get the job done quick, look great, and have solid code. They are also perfect starting points to build your own custom site. Covers all the ground work you would usually need to do manually.

AP
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"DesignModo makes website and email design SUPER EASY AND FAST for non-tech people "

What do you like best?

I like that you don't have to be an experienced website builder, coder, or tech genius to use this product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not more flexibility within some of the themes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have a budget for a web designer or someone on your team with web design skills and experience, this product is perfect for you. Not only is it easy and through in its offerings, but it also creates professional looking website and email designs that your customers would never be able to tell weren't created by an expert.

The biggest business problem I'm solving (for my clients) is them not having effective websites. I've also realized the benefits of being able to create responsive email blasts that work on iPhones, desktop computers, and laptops and don't display weird on any of them.

"Site Building Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Designmodo is the site builder for people who don't build sites, and I don't mean that in a bad way! It's intuitive to use, intuitive to teach, and even more intuitive to edit, making my job a breeze. It's nice to be able to assign edits to those that might not necessarily understand the intricacies of web building, but need to be able to handle light tasks on the back-end.

What do you dislike?

I've ran into some program bugs, namely one dealing with preferred image placement, but nothing that's substantially hindered my site-building process. Typically refreshing the software solves most of my issues, which are self-caused. Derp.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get familiar with Designmodo if you want to be able to let others handle tasks that would usually bite into your time!

Using Designmodo, I was able to set up sites that I didn't have to personally manage, as others were able to take the reigns on the project using the easy-to-follow UI of the software. This saved us time, which in turn also saved us money.

UE
User in E-Learning

"Works great for web development!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to learn and use with minimum experience in website design. I also enjoy the extra features that are available to use with the product to help you get the best experience with your website build :)

What do you dislike?

I didn't really have any problems with this product while I used it, so I can't say there was anything I disliked - I found it pretty easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say if you are looking for a program that you can use to build your site without a lot of fuss and with very little experience in webpage building, this would be something to look into.

Well I was the designer of a website for a non profit foundation and I used it to build a website for us because we couldn't really afford a huge amount on a website when that money could be better spent on the people we served.

Justin J.

"Easy to use interface at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

The cost of the platform is under $300, which, when you figure in other options, that are not that easy to use nor easy to build from a WYSIWYG standpoint, is really a great offering.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to alter everything from the code standpoint. This can be done, but you need to export the project first, then make the appropriate updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what you need in a solution when deciding which WYSIWYG software. Some solutions, like those from Adobe can offer more complex, full-featured offerings that go outside of the WYSIWYG realm. If you think you might need to do more development, look at alternatives.

Fast and simple interface to build out small, internal web sites.

Walid A.

"A complete framework for buliding landing pages "

What do you like best?

The thought/quality they put on the product. Gorgeous pages, beautiful UI/UX, easy to customize and finally fantastic customer service.

What do you dislike?

None really, maybe more tutorials for beginners (can be a bit overwhelming when you start)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you wanna solid and gorgeous framework to build/test landing pages this is it.

I have built a dozen of webpages and gorgeous ones, edit them with my team and publish them really fast.

For Agency/prototyping and A/B testing is a must to have.

UA
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It is extremely user-friendly, even with little to no experience in design. The extra features in comparison to other products are definitely an added bonus when creating a website, as well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike.

This is a great product option that I can educate my clients on using when developing their websites and a quick tool for me to go to if I'm designing a website for them.

UD
User in Design

"Easy-to-use website builder for someone with no web dev experience"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop functionality along with the easy to digest interface

What do you dislike?

I think the level of customizability is still a little less as compared to programming a website. It is also a little too expensive.

Used to create a portfolio of my design work.

Learning about Designmodo Startup Framework?

* We monitor all Designmodo Startup Framework reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.