Design Pickle Reviews & Product Details

Public Speaker
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design Pickle designers deliver ad creative variants, organic social media content builds, and static graphics in a fairly timely fashion. They're responsible for template development, batch creatives, and one-off posts of every format imaginable. Since we have other designers too, we use them to extend our capacity, not replace the function altogether. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We like the ease of communication with Design Pickle. We have a shared Slack workspace/channel that makes nitty gritty requests and edits easy. We also enjoy the intuitive request form and the ability to prioritize the backlog. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes feel like when we have fewer requests in the backlog they're slower to deliver, not faster. The turnaround time for simple deliverables can seem long, other times it's lightning fast. We've also turned over dedicated designers 3 times. We had a really strong relationship with our second designer and loved her work, but she was moved to a new position. Cycling creatives on an account can be a good thing, but our work is so specialized we valued having a designer on our team that could deliver great work with minimal direction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Your output is only as good as your output (though sometimes, a little better). For best results make detailed briefs, provide examples, and be clear on priorities. Add Design Pickle to Slack (if you can) and like any service remember that you're working with a human. The best time to start using Design Pickle is before you NEED them. We use Design Pickle in conjunction with other in-house and freelance designers that have their own strengths and specialties, and would recommend a similar structure for others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the past we've found our in-house creatives burnt out quickly on repetitive tasks like ad variations with different colors. Or working on clients with unsexy messaging/products. But welcome to digital marketing! Now, we use DP to fill an important role on our content team at an affordable rate. Sometimes they lead the creative direction. Most times they work with our working files and existing assets. Both are important and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Pickle Overview

What is Design Pickle?

Design Pickle is the #1 flat-rate graphic design service in the world. It is a simple, scalable, and reliable graphic design solution for any entrepreneur, business, or creative team. From social media ads and blog graphics to t-shirt designs and even car wraps — Design Pickle has helped thousands of businesses across the globe get quality design fast — and for a fraction of the cost.

Design Pickle Details

Design Pickle is an unlimited graphic design service for marketers and small businesses.

Design Pickle continues to be the premier flat-rate graphic design service because we've built streamlined systems for communication, workflow and organization for thousands of businesses around the world. Our design management platform makes it easy to get new designs back fast. Design Pickle’s friendly and professional graphic designers are supported by our ultra-responsive customer success team who is always ready to help our clients succeed. All plans include unlimited requests, unlimited revisions, source files, stock photos and seamless integration with Zapier — so you can save time and money while growing your brand. Our Pro Plan includes API integration for even more design automation, an expanded scope that provides complex infographics, slide decks, and animated GIFs, and real-time communication with your designer during US business hours. We are the fastest growing graphic design company in the United States and nationally ranked on the Inc. 5,000 list at the #345 spot.

Design Pickle
2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
@designpickle

Design Pickle Videos

Answer a few questions to help the Design Pickle community
Have you used Design Pickle before?

Design Pickle Reviews

Showing 53 Design Pickle reviews
Location
Already have Design Pickle?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I mostly do blog images as I'm a content marketing manager. We have redesigned our blog's look and feel with the help of Design Pickle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My designer, Diego. He is so nice, friendly, and crazy fast! The quality is always there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how their customer service people always keep asking me if there's anything wrong or if Diego is doing a good enough job. Seems a little tattle-telly to me. We're not in grade school, I'll let you know if there's a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having a reliable designer. I know I can always count on Diego to help me out. I love how our new blog looks. Now that we're adding custom images to our customer's blog posts, we're adding more value which is helping us bring in more business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We currently use Design Pickle for social media and some general business graphic design. We've found it's best to use them to complete designs based on templates, but expect to have to go through multiple revisions for most projects that are original or more than one item. You can set up your brands, defining your colors, fonts, and brand assets.

Once you've set up your profiles and worked your designer into your workflow, it's easy to manage between their dashboard and Slack. Managing our queue submitting requests, sharing files, asking for revisions, and approving and downloading your designs are made easy using both of these tools.

With Premium, our designer stays in regular contact with us so that we can check on the status of tasks and answer any questions quickly.

We use the premium service, so they complete multiple designs per day more often. However, it's still not a dedicated designer, so it definitely doesn't replace having a talented in-house designer working daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We are able to communicate with our designer via Slack, so we can answer any immediate questions easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The designer has multiple clients, so it's not a dedicated service and sometimes that leads to delays in delivery. We have noticed some days where they are busy and rushing through assignments, which can affect quality, but revisions can usually be managed easily. This and the need for revisions make it a less -effective service for same-day delivery, so plan accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Plan tasks ahead of time and give well-rounded task briefs for your designer.

Monitor progress and stay on top of designer communications, revisions, and design delivery Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to complete more designs per week and are able to produce more content as a result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Overall branding and social media asset creation for our startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Always available communication, unlimited revision, felt like a member of the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Design quality overall could only be taken so far. Sometimes felt like we were burning time when I didn’t have anything to assign and reverse our designer sometimes had other clients to attend to. Explains the cheaper price but not communicated during sign up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Fast, cheap, you have to do the thinking and know DP’s limits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowed us to consistently churn out content to keep us active on social and great to have an extra pair of design hands for anything else at a moments notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Most of the project Graphic design work and social media content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the things that I like best about Design Pickle are that I it has made have graphics created a breeze. I really do love the fact that the designers always make sure that a project is done by the end of the night weather or not it is completely done or not. They will leave spots blank and let you know what they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the things that I dislike about design pickle are that I would like a couple more projects able to be done at night. I am very curious about the pro version as well. I do believe if I was able to get the full package it would make it better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure that you are using loom video to help you with explaining everything to your designer whenever you send them a screen recording. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think that the biggest huge benefit for using Design pickle is that they will do the project to the best of their ability no matter if they need more info or not. They leave spots blank or just create what they think is best! That is hard to come by. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am now a lone marketer for my very small team of about 12 people. Design Pickle, and my designer Julius, help me complete my projects as if I had several marketers to help me do it! I've been using the service for about 2 years now and don't know how I would do it all without my dedicated designer and the resources they provide. I have to say, the quality has really improved since I began since our subscription not only includes a Getty Images subscription but also one to Adobe Stock which has amazing, high-quality images, videos, etc. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone who feels like they need an extra hand...or ten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Access to resources (Getty Images/Adobe Stock). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I would prefer to get projects back in the same working day, however, I've learned to manage my time and projects better because of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Plan ahead and be as comprehensive and clear as possible and you will get great results! This works especially well if someone with a design background manages the account and designer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a very tight budget so we don't always have the option to hire a freelancer or purchase photos or videos whenever we need one. This service really helps us act as a much larger team then if we were to not have access to the resources they provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've used Design Pickle to revamp our branding on printed materials, website, and social media. They've done an incredible job of making it easy and bringing our brand more consistency and professionalism. The direct real-time communication is an amazing feature and it's been so wonderful working with our talented designer, Jose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The real-time Slack channel and design expertise of the Design Pickle team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I am 100% satisfied with the service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've revamped our website, social media channels, YouTube presence, mailers, and even trade show banners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My designer at Design Pickle has worked on graphics for apparel, web, and print for me. Quick turn around each time, even quicker on the revisions needed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The turnaround time, the creative freedom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my ideas are hard to get across communicating digitally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frees up full days for me at times! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I needed some help with some overflow design for a product launch. My in-house design team didn't have enough capacity due to the timelines we were given. I was under extreme pressure to outsource design, and I had significant reservations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Speed - my designer is a ROCKSTAR, producing several designs a day

Quality - my designer has a great eye for quality design

Flexibility - I can load the queue up with products I need designed and move them around, as needed if our priorities change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any major dislikes. Slack is sometimes a bit much with all of the Slackbot notifications and such, but I can easily ignore that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Short term (well, relatively speaking) boost in design capacity without having to hire/train. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design Pickle has been a tremendous help for my agency to help produce multiple creatives at scale. It allows our in-house to be more productive and efficient when optimizing client accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Direct 1:1 communication with the designer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a long tome to get one simple display graphic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you want to shave down your creative departments cost without sacrificing quality, then use Design Pickle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overhead cost. Efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design Pickle has helped to create social media content, website images, flyers/brochure layout, images for development of therapeutic games for kids and powerpoint presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quick turn around and designer's receptivity to my feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be really helpful if all the content created could be stored in one location (e.g., google drive) rather than within each request Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Although I love finding images and doing a layout, they are so much better and quicker at it than I am. I can send content and an idea and they quickly turn it into a beautiful creation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Engineer & Virtual CIO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Teamed up with Design Pickle to redesign my logo, create a new website, and rebrand the associated FB pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They made the process painless and simple. The creative folks were easily accessible. And the communication process worked very well, despite my hectic schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that I had was due to my inexperience with truly professional designers, and not an issue with any part of the Design Pickle service. I'm not familiar with the terminology or different programs / file types used in the design industry. It took a while to educate me so that we could communicate using the same terms. Once I was up to speed, we were zooming along like a SpaceX rocket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Design Pickle was one of the best investments I've made in 2020. Everyone and every step of the process was a pleasure and I will absolutely be making use of them again for future products. I'm a HUGE fan and cannot sing their praises loud enough to do them justice. Make the leap and their net will appear! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual design is not a tool on my utility belt so I needed to find a partner that could help take my ideas and make them a reality. Wish I had found Design Pickle sooner! In comparison to my first attempt, I saved money and time and had a MUCH better product. And the process was infinitely better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

After years of using a team of dedicated freelancers, we decided to test using Design Pickle. 6 months later - total gamechanger. They tie nicely into our workflow, are communicative and work with us to get what we need when we need it. Couldn't reccomend them enough. And thanks to their package pricing - makes budgeting a dream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cost. Responsiveness. Quality of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unlike working with a freelancer team, they work more traditional work hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Clear scope and project details when handing off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistent design deliverables on a set budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Training Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Many tasks, Social Media, Infographics, Brochures, Flyers, eBooks and so much more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I get so much more done now, just come up with the ideas and don't have to worry about the design. Pumping it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all.......................... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Focus on the content and what you want within your design. Be clear with your branding, it helps if you have a branding guide and be clear on how you want the design. In the majority of cases I need to ask for a review of the design due to my lack of clarity of what I want. Designs are fantastic and quick Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the assets problem, getting them done and out there. The benefits are that I can now focus on the content, not the design Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GL
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hired Design Pickle for approximately 6 months or so while we were in-between marketing staff with design skills. They helped design brochures, core values, social media posts, swag items, making one-color logos...etc. They were friendly, so understanding when we asked for any changes (and I'm pretty picky), upbeat and creative, almost seeming like they wanted you to give them projects which was a nice change to many vendors who discourage utilizing unlimited or space out your projects, and they were extremely fast - usually getting designs (even big projects) back to us within days.

But what I most wanted to mention was their stance during covid. We had actually already hired a marketer by then so had cancelled our subscription. Yet Design Pickle notified all prior customers that they knew how hard covid was on businesses so they were offering a free month of design services, no questions asked. And then they sent out worksheets and themed coloring pages throughout the summer which some of our staff members printed out to help occupy their unexpectedly-at-home young kids. Thank you, Design Pickle. Your true colors were evidenced during covid, and it was a very bright green :). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quick turnaround; having unlimited projects; having unlimited revisions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You do need to come with your own ideas, so it's great for people like me who know what they want but not how to design it; it would be harder for folks who don't know what they want and just need "something" designed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you need design work most months and don't have a designer on staff, it's a great deal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to have a professional work on all our designs without being nickled-and-dimed per project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design + Project Management

As a creative agency we are constantly searching for new talent. Especially at those times when a wave of clients flows in or bigger projects stack up. This need for more bandwidth, on-demand injections of talent became a crucial factor in our agency's ability to scale quickly. Thanks to DP we have bandwidth and project management to match those demands. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Design Pickle's overall speed and communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Wish DP had more services to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you looking for creative injections or extra firepower look no further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The on-demand talent when needed. Now have the benefits of taking on more business and reallocation of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GN
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I need a lot of social graphic designs for events, shirts, ebooks and more! They have helped me create branded material that has been amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the Pro options and the quick turn around times. Very valuable to my company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they switch the designer with no warning, which can take away a few days of hard work you built with the previous designer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helped me spend time on other projects and logistics in my company while they worked on continuing to build my branding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

All customer facing presentations - social graphic design - training content design Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Communication is consistent and constant - very quick with delivery and change orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything comes to mind - I mean over all no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistent cost for projects, fits into budget and adds better quality than having in house design teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

There were a number of projects from logos to hero graphics to infographics. During the month I got 21 separate graphics completed with revisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked the speed and quality of having unlimited graphic designs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides are that you have to keep having more work ready. I had to put my account on pause as I couldn't create content quickly enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Have a queue of jobs you need doing. Be very clear about what you are looking for. Give examples. Communicate well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before I'd tried to make something work with Canva or be unhappy with the quality from Fiverr Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design Pickle has helped our agency create hundreds of designs that we deliver to our clients! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to submit tickets through the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike but the only thing could be that it takes 24 hours to deliver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you need quality designs on a regular basis, there is no better partner then Design Pickle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving problems around clients not being able to get quality graphics, quickly. With Design Pickle, we can do that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Design Pickle allowed us to focus on our core business without relying on slow designers or on clients materials that would drag along projects for ages because of misalignment or different timelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and communicate, opening the floodgates of design productivity for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They only operate on US or AU timezones, which can be a problem for companies located in Europe. Also, they only work with Adobe design stack, which can be bothersome for companies that rely on Sketch or other tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They are not an UX solution, they provide Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allowed us to provide quality support material on design on different projects without spending time looking for stock resources or trying to align with freelancers every-time. Our dedicated design understands our clients and can quickly solve requests that would take weeks sometimes. This allow us to focus on our core business without lagging behind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PG
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My designer, Paula, went above and beyond recently to help me with a design. I was out of the office and did not have access to a computer. From my Slack app on my iPhone I was able to communicate with my designer who helped to send me an urgent revision to a design which needed to go to the printers by a strict deadline! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the Slack integration fro Pro designers - the real time communication is invaluable for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that my designers are in a totally different timezone to me in the UK. This makes it hard to communicate out of hours, as it is late evening when they are in their full flow! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of getting quick, professional designs created and published is solved by Design Pickle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We need a wide variety of graphics for our fundraising programs. One project was to design three Christmas scenes to be used for fundraising. Another has been to design process graphics for fundraising, background custom slides for PowerPoint, custom blog post headers for two businesses, and a lot of Facebook graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can submit a rough concept, maybe a couple of examples that I like, and get back a solid first draft. The unlimited revisions makes it easy to get exactly what I want. I really like that it's an overnight service -- I load up the queue late in the day, and projects are back in my in box the next morning. When you ask them to use their imagination and inspiration, they really come through. Always so cheerful, always so customer-centric. This is truly a great service and solves a TON of roadblocks for m. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't call it a dislike, but you DO have to put in the work of thinking about what you want and provide some initial direction. I recently added the additional custom art service so I can get even more input from their designers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Understand that you need to think through at least an initial concept. Think of them as expert sets of skilled hands on your team. Also, use their brand profile functions! You can have all your colors and fonts and requirements for them to reference easily. They are REALLY great on communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We ran into a lot of delays trying to use canva or freelancers to get pro graphics done. I really hate a homemade look and now we have expert designers who can make everything look polished. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alex Guevara of Design Pickle

Hi Cyn! Thanks for your review, it means alot to us. We really appreciate how thorough you are in reviewing us. I'm also excited that you signed up for the Custom Illustration service, total game changer! Please let us know how that's going as well!

Art Director/Graphic Designer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I work in a strange area that covers a lot. So I get overwhelmed with projects. In order to be efficient, I look to design pickle to help me out.

Anything from book cover design to internal teaching material docs. etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the quick but clean turnaround time, 100% worth it for the pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My clients are fast-paced and I cant always rely on design pickle to pick up some asap projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Its better if you have some design programs skills so you can make quick adjustments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better pipeline flow for creating things overall. Design pickle helps me figure out what areas I can focus on and then rely on them for the rest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am producing an activity book for pre-teens that required a significant number of custom designs and text layouts. In order to meet deadlines, the content needed to be completed on a regular basis. I was very impressed with how easy the Design Pickle process was to set-up and by how quickly the content is generated. My designer is fantastic to work with - very professional and responsive - and I am extremely impressed with his creative output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Design Pickle platform makes request submission, modification and communication really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I were forced to find fault with the Design Pickle process overall, I'll bet my designer is underpaid. I'll use this forum to argue that he deserves a raise! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had an ambitious design project in mind that I could not complete on my own. I had the optimistic hope that I could maybe complete the project in 3 months and I was able to finish in 2 and even expand the scope! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.