DemandGen Reviews & Product Details

Director: Marketing & Digital Experience
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

DemandGen helped us initially stand up our Marketo instance. By tapping into their deep knowledge of this complex marketing automation system, we were able to get up to speed with a much more fully-enabled automation platform than we would have been able to accomplish on our own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DemandGen is very collaborative. They listened to our needs, helped us implement Marketo, and then trained us on how to take the reigns and do it ourselves. Because of their willingness to do the work and then hand the reigns to us, we've kept them on speed-dial through to this day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no criticism of DemandGen's process, approach, service levels, or follow through. Their account management team makes us feel important, and their marketing technologist team is top-notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

When implementing a Marketing Automation platform, I highly recommend tapping into the deep experience of a team like DemandGen early on. Why step in the pitfalls of not knowing what you don't know? DemandGen helped us avoid the common mistakes, and get up to speed quickly with a fully-functional multi-channel solution. We could not have done it without them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marekto is a complex marketing automation platform. With DemandGen's help, we were able to stand up a complete, four-channel marketing automation solution that comprised email automation, direct mail automation, website personalization, and call center integration. DemandGen was instrumental in helping craft our multi-model lead scoring system, which has helped us reach out to our members and prospects based on what they are interested in. The return on investment we have achieved has been above expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DemandGen Overview

What is DemandGen?

DemandGen guides marketing leaders in enterprise organizations along every step of their digital marketing journey, providing best practices and strategies to maximize the return on marketing technology investments. Our team of talented, passionate experts deliver the tools, knowledge and support you need to execute quickly and successfully on your key marketing initiatives. Through close partnerships with Oracle, Marketo, Salesforce and others, we offer a broad portfolio of marketing automation, CRM and technology services. We work side by side with your teams, empowering them to deploy, integrate and leverage best-available solutions to drive demand, achieve operational excellence and elevate marketing’s impact in your organization.

DemandGen Details

DemandGen is a marketing and sales technology consultancy and operational outsource solution for competitive

DemandGen
2007
San Ramon, CA
@demandgen

Answer a few questions to help the DemandGen community
Have you used DemandGen before?

DemandGen Reviews

Showing 14 DemandGen reviews
Location
Already have DemandGen?
GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We used DemandGen for a year before our company was acquired and we could no longer use them. We worked with them mostly on creating our email campaigns through Pardot as well as Landing pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our experience has been great, the team has been very supportive and made great efforts to be as flexible as possible in our changing projects. They constantly delivered on time and with great quality. Project management was outstanding as well as communication with the team. They were open to working with us on creating a process that works for us and were very helpful in providing support even when things feel out of the process and were urgent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge we had was with our timezone as team members were in earlier timezones which were challenging at times when project details were only available late but the team made great efforts to make up for that gap and shifted hours and provided additional support in those hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DemandGen helped us scale our campaigns and make our campaigns consistent as well as remove previous issues we had due to bad designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Integrated Marketing Communications Manager - Partner Marketing
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The DemandGen team provided support for our company for 10 years. I had been there almost 2 years when I discovered this. They likely provided strategic guidance to the team I was never aware of. I learned that several of the Marketing Automation team members I was working with on a variety of priority projects were actually not our employees or even direct contractors but were actually members of the DemandGen staff that were supporting me. They always came through with answers, support, and solutions to our challenges and always within the deadlines.

Unfortunately for us, it was decided that our marketing automation team needed to be moved to an offshore group to support us. It has not been that many months yet with the new team, but I can tell you I definitely miss the DemandGen team and their timely support, supportive attitude and knowing how to solve our challenges to address our needs.

Once I learned who many of my extended team members were, I really grew to love DemandGen more. I learned about them a few years prior through a friend who's husband worked with them for years at different companies establishing demand gen teams at many startups. It was through their online book, their blogs, their informational videos etc and their user sessions that I studied strategies for building successful campaigns, learned about different MA platforms and secured enough background to start managing large DG campaigns and work on campaigns among other programs at a smaller data management firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They were fast, did great work, were always very professional and pleasant and knew how to address and solve any challenge I had for my various projects. And they were very dependable. I may be working with someone based in central timezone that dropped off earlier in the day, but if I was on deadline, always came back and helped me cross the finish line to make my deadlines early the next day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have only positive experiences with the team from their front-line support, team leaders all the way to the CEO who I connected with personally when we started outsourcing offshore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I came in late in the game for my current company, but I do know they supported us for 10 business years, so it was a solid established relationship. I honestly feel that the company, like many, was looking to streamline and reduce costs in this area. That's a tough move and I still hold out hope for our new team as it has not yet been 6 months in their new role, but I miss the team with the answers, who responded and let you know the status. I am backing the decision to move in this new model as has been decided and will work to improve it as best as I can, but will DemandGen. I know they are behind so many companies big and small, so I am sure I will run into them again, here or maybe in another role or opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

DemandGen is helping us with task related to Vlocity University. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love these group of people. Cara (project mgt) and Bridget (production) are the agents and working with them has been very smooth and fun experience .They truly care about what you need and went above and beyond to make sure I had all information that was requested. Some of the other team members and they were also friendly , upbeat and professional. They value time , that is the best thing about the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have been awesome and professional . Nothing to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would not be able to manage Training Operations without DemandGen's assistance. they have helped us leverage our Training engagements more effectively, have provided useful insight, they have helped us streamline implementation projects. They provide quick response which is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We've relied on DemandGen's expertise and scalability to launch and manage Lead Scoring, Data Normalization, Lead Funnel Optimization, Lead Routing, and Platform Migration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DemandGen has smart, experienced professionals in all areas of lead gen and digital marketing. They are organized and decisive on the direction they give and provide a project plan and project manager to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner by the best resource available. I don't have to worry about the work they do and I have instant credibility with my colleagues when I suggest using DemandGen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

DemandGen can provide a status of project based work, however, I've found sometimes I have to ask for a statement or nudge them for that information to ensure I don't burn through my hours too quickly. They are responsive about providing this information, but it would be nice to have it more readily available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking to extend your digital demand gen resources and are in need of a quality partner, DemandGen is an ideal choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The work we've done with DemandGen has improved our lead response times, cleaned up our database, kept us GDPR compliant, improved our process workflows, enhanced marketing automation, and improved marketing contribution to revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SVP, Chief Marketing Officer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Ensono, a mid-size private equity backed IT services company, hired DemandGen to build a demand generation capability. There were foundational elements in place; however, the foundation was fragile and processes were inconsistent and not followed. Results and reporting were challenged due to inconsistent definitions and spotty integration with Sales. In addition, the sales and marketing teams had mixed feelings and trust levels regarding the last services provider. DemandGen assigned a top team, put a comprehensive plan together, communicated consistently and persistently, and established good relationships across multiple team members and geographies. Bottom line: with the help of DemandGen Ensono has created sustained capability that it did not have before AND instilled additional knowledge and confidence in the team to advance how they think about engaging with our prospects. Integration with Sales is at its highest point ever and that is a key success factor for any good marketing team. But most importantly, DemandGen cared -- cared about our people, our challenges, and our results. I highly recommend. And thanks to the company leadership and our team -- David Lewis, Greg Carver, John Bokelman, Greg Huckabee, Micheline Farah, and Patti Heath. Bravo! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the people the best -- smart, knowledgeable, client focused. CEO and COO check-ins demonstrate how the company feels about its clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope that DemandGen continues to build out its global capabilities to fully accomadate dispersed marketing teams around the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See above Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In 2018, EFI made the bold decision to transform marketing which included streamlining processes and replacing a highly customized decade-old marketing automation system executing ~150 campaigns/month serving worldwide users in six business units in 18 content languages. The client/server platform saddled the business and IT teams with high TCO and distracted them from their strategic missions. In 2019, we embarked on a displacement of our previous marketing automation platform with Marketo with a six month timeline. Success required strong business leadership, clear accountability, a vision embraced by stakeholders, resourcefulness, and a cohesive relationship between the business, IT and vendors. Industry experts DemandGen were engaged to do development on the backend framework, to work side by side with my team (Marketing Operations) and IT to integrate all other components of the ecosystem, and successfully turnover all built objects to Marketing/IT once completed. Throughout the project, DemandGen shared their insights and best practices ensuring costly time-consuming issues were avoided. Lastly, at key milestones, they also reviewed all work to ensure EFI was building it "right the first time." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I appreciated about DemandGen was their flexibility with working with myself and my team. We did not want to take a backseat approach and instead wanted to do a lot of the heavy lifting ourselves and they were flexible to shift their methods. Throughout the entire process, DemandGen was a trusted advisor to EFI and helped us to work through some complex business specific scenarios. Without their expertise, we would not have been able to deliver this project on time (one week ahead of schedule!) and on budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative that I can say about the experience with DemandGen. They were a value and trusted partner throughout this entire process and we continue to work with them post migration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The team at DemandGen have a wide variety of expertise and knowledge. Their depth in skillset will be an added benefit to your organization when looking for a team to partner with to help with your go-to-market strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would not have been able to complete the migration with 10 years of technical debt without the expertise of DemandGen. They were a trusted advisor throughout the entire process and helped us ask tough business questions and re-examine internal processes. Due to the migration/implementation going so well, DemandGen has set an extremely high bar internallyI. A bar that other implementations and vendors are held to for other projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Marketing Technology/Operations Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

What hasn't DemandGen helped us with? We'd have several business-critical consulting engagements with the DemandGen team - defining a demand funnel framework for the business, helping us build out and optimize our Marketo and Salesforce instances, support for campaign execution, developing a lead scoring framework, helping us implement Bizible and so much more. We continue to work with the DemandGen team under a professional services and campaign execution services agreement because my department is understaffed and they provide me the extra support I need to complete ongoing marketing operations projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DemandGen has some of best consultants I've worked with. They are highly knowledgeable. I lean on them when I need insight into new marketing technologies and to help us vet solutions for our marketing tech stack. I have worked with several members of the the DemandGen team across the organization and have learned a great deal from them. They are always willing to not only help solve our problems with impart their knowledge so that we can further improve our operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about working with DemandGen. I have been working with them for the past 4+ years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

DemandGen is knowledgeable, but specialized. I would strongly recommend them with regards to marketing operations support, Salesforce and Marketo implementations and campaign execution services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would not be able to manage Marketing/Sales Operations without DemandGen's assistance. Since we are understaffed, they often fill in as if they are another member of the team. Over the years, they have helped us leverage our marketing technology more effectively, have provided useful insight with their analytics engagements, have helped us solve many process and business issues, have helped us streamline implementation projects, and helped guide our marketing operations for the B2B side of the business as we were growing from a very small team to a whole division of the company.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Global Marketing Operations
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

DemandGen has handled a myriad of projects for me. While working at other organizations I've worked with DemandGen on campaign execution, marketing automation platform migrations, and data analysis. At my current position we have DemandGen engaged on data clean-up and governance; as well as analytics dashboard development and weekly delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The intelligence and professionalism they bring to the tabled is unrivaled. It allows us to do great, best-in-class work together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that they are not permanent members of our team. ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data deduplication, field and value standardization, record completeness, reports and dashboard development and weekly execution. Credibility, accuracy, and trust have been realized. Data insights allow us to make better business decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Implementation of Hubspot and ongoing campaign execution and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been so thrilled with our partnership with DemanGen. I truly feel like they are apart of our team as they are always available and truly care about the success of our business and campaigns. Not only are they extremely reliable but they are creative and willing to do whatever it takes to make our campaigns successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They have been amazing to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ongoing campaign execution and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Helped with email nurtures and campaigns - great with consulting and making sure you're campaign is set-up properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable about nurtures and set-up. Great ability to review work and provide recommendations based on campaign goals. I also like their reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Good service. I highly recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Good performance in digital nurture programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Director of Integrated Marketing
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We partnered with DemandGen to deploy Marketo, implement our demand management framework and reporting processes. We are continuing to work with them for ongoing campaign execution services and marketing operations support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The team is flexible, responsive and acts like an extension of our internal team. We recently deployed Marketo soon followed by the launch of our new website - the team was incredible! They were able to respond to last minute requests, went above and beyond for technical troubleshooting and were extremely proactive before, during and following the launches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have a deep bench with tremendous levels of specialization - can mean that hand offs require additional cycles to ensure context is communicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DemandGen has supported us moving at startup speed! We now have both the execution and operational capabilities required to support our organization's growth goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Over the past two years, we've relied on the expertise within DemandGen to develop and enhance our communication strategy. We've utilized the specialists within DemandGen to work on our marketing acquisition pieces as well as setting up complex retention and onboarding solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the speed in which DemandGen produces our materials and their vast knowledge of Marketo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Marketo has multiple ways to get the same thing done and sometimes we end up doing similar projects in different ways. It's not quite a dislike however I really don't have anything bad to say about the company... Sometimes we move too fast and have to rework things however we've not missed a deadline due to mistakes... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Automation Specialist
Internet
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have worked with demandGen for 2 years and they are the nicest colleagues i have worked with. Always going above and beyond to get things done without needing to ask. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their professionalism and management of workload Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are a joy to work with.. So nothing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I hired dg.com to help us with our email marketing and operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

my account team is the best and if they are unable to help, they have a wide bench to help with any specialized requests Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything has been bliss, nothing to dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.