Datto Backupify Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The moment you present a failure you will be surprised by the responsiveness of their support, they contacted us immediately with that they gave us 50% confidence that we placed in them, it was an experience that had never happened to me with any platform , I always had to contact them and wait for hours to solve any problem. It gives us a lot of peace of mind to have this service. Your backups are very fast, apart from the easy handling that makes it even more interesting, in this way the tools provide the solution and keep our information protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

perhaps the price would be one of the negative causes, although for us it is fine due to the high level of support it offers and the quality it has to protect your data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing better than knowing that the entire data series is backed up and protected against any unexpected problem, so of course I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped us to support each information that it warranted, it is very complete and works as expected from a platform with multiple and useful features for your absolute benefit.

It is also possible to find the information immediately, quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Datto Backupify Overview

What is Datto Backupify?

Reliable, automated, secure Microsoft Office 365 and Google Workspace backup from the cloud-to-cloud experts who started it all. Backupify makes it easy to recover emails, files, sites and Teams from all forms of data loss including accidental or malicious deletion, canceled employee accounts and ransomware - all from an easy to use web dashboard. Now protecting over 4.5 million enterprise users from software tech companies to school staff and students.

Datto Backupify Details

Provider of backup, recovery, and data management solutions for Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite by Google Cloud.

Datto Inc.
2007
Norwalk, CT
@datto
1,731 employees on LinkedIn®

Datto Backupify Videos

Datto Backupify Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Datto Backupify community
Have you used Datto Backupify before?

Datto Backupify Reviews

Showing 88 Datto Backupify reviews
Already have Datto Backupify?
Director of Technology
What do you like best?

Does what it claims to do for a decent price. Very simple setup and pretty much a set and forget software. Administration is easy and really never much of an issue updating or changing settings. Also like the easy to read dashboard that is presented at login. It gives a nice overview of what is being backed up. I like that I can remove users from Google Workspace and the data will remain in Backupify indefinitely as an archive in case we ever need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a little bit clunky and I really wish the search was a bit more robust. I really wish the search interface was modeled more after the gmail interface and included more search options for dates, attachments, and more advanced search parameters to help narrow down a search for a single item. I also had a heck of a time dealing with two factor identification on one of the administrator accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, It is very simple and easy to use but some of the features are lacking especially search. But the price is right for the features you get and i has yet to fail us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backing up Google Workspace data and archiving old users in order to free up google user accounts when an employee leaves. It does this task very well. I have not realized any additional benefits over what I expected from the initial demos, but that is ok. The simple interface is also a feature in itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

You sign into your Microsoft 365 tenant with a global administrator account and it will automatically connect to all the users in your organization and perform daily backups of EVERYTHING. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While the multifactor signin (using an authenticator app) is quite nice to make sure nobody signs in as you, if you ever delete the app or change phones, you MUST contact them to reset your MFA settings on your account. You are locked out until they correct your account (which is not something they do over the phone). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We stopped using home drives and backing up local network files because staff were wanting to access files off site and from personal mobile devices. Moving everything to OneDrive and Sharepoint Online, we were able to accommodate this need and also safeguard any accidental or intentional deletions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Datto Backupify
Technology Specialist/IT Department
What do you like best?

The easy restore process of data or email is priceless. It is very useful to be able to restore directly to different users. Specially in an educational setting like the one we are in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any downsides to using backupify. I think if you can afford it, get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In an educational environment, we have had great success restoring deleted email and files from students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface for our end users is straightforward and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to resolve some of the syncing errors that are listed on the daily sync report. Some of that might be attributable to how the Google Admin console works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our district likes to provide a back up for our users of their work product within our Google ecosystem. Backupify makes that an easy proposition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The solution is really highly functional, since I have this service I have optimized the security of the information in the company's email accounts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the interface can be a bit friendlier... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

excellent service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

the restoration of email accounts and backup of them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

We expected a backup solution for google drive and email so we could remove users from our gsuite account. Been using backupify for over year with no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI has been getting updates it needed but still isn't where it should be in my opinion. Minor issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backup google drive and emails to allow us to delete paid users from Google account. This has been a revenue savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

M
What do you like best?

The automation and ease of use of the solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to restore emails to .pst files as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Disaster recovery and accidental deletions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

Backupify is the perfect robust add-on to my IT Environment that solves a number of problems for my 300 person company. It does exactly as it was sold, never fails, and is extremely easy to use. Also, Backupify is extremely affordable for being such an A-grade class of SaaS. The account management team is well run, the solutions engineers are top notch, and the SaaS performs without fail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could use a bit more UI Dashboard insight into the Availability Zones my data is going to. Particularly for Disaster Recovery SOC Compliance. However, this is not a must-have or completely lacking feature. There is this info available and Backupify issues it if you ask. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can mitigate against ransomeware, protect against data loss and leak, protect against bad actors or departing employees, and rescue any content that once existed at any time in our GSuite org for an endless retention period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Easy setup. I think it took me all of 10 minutes to connect ditto to my environment and start backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They were slow to implement 2mfa but they have fixed that now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The great thing about backupify is that it easily backups up your entire MS envonrment and you don't have the hassle of finding a storage provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the peace of mind. Just because I'm in the Google cloud, doesn't mean my data is safe. I'm in the middle of a domain consolidation and I made sure to back up all users with backupify just in case the data is altered in transit. I love the speed of recovery. Get in, find what you need, get out. The search is very fast. The results are eaasy to read. The recovery options are easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like user management. I don't think it is possible to select more than one user at once. There is nothing to dislike, .Great service. Great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

very easy to deploy with gsuite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloud backup of our entire G Suite. The backup utilities for Google Drive and Team Drives are not very easy to use. Backupify is very easy and I never have to babysit it . It never fails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The price is hard to beat for what you get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer support is slow to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a solution to the high priced Gmail backup services, this is a good option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This not only backups our active account but archives the stopped ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hardest thing is working with time differences. We are based in Australia and support/account management is in USA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are backing up our entire 0365 tenant, which covers us from a number of different ways data can be lost. With Sharepoint/Teams and outlook being the biggest programs we use that control all of our data essentialy its imperitive to have it covered and secure. The instant recovery is amazing and the simplicity is a golden feature.

I've searched around and done my research, worked with Acronis and Veeam in the past but this is the best one so far and all under 1 program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

It just works. I used this solution at two employers. Once it is setup, it just runs. It has automatic features you can turn on like when new users are added to Google, it automatically starts the backup of that account. And when employees leave, you can set it to archive existing data. So as I say, you set it up and really never have to anything else unless you want to restore something. I found their tech support to be quick at getting answers to questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not see a downside except you have to buy licenses in groups of licenses. But they have been flexible in doing what makes sense in that regard. Obviously, going in groups means less maintenance on their part or mine. Otherwise, it works great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all data forever, even if it was deleted by a user. We had one user that left the company and when I removed their account from Google, we lost a doc they owned (by accident). And we did not discover it for months. Datto worked me through how to find it and restore it. Very cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Ease of use and support team. Always helpful and able to support multiple platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far that is worth typing. Pricing is fair for education. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test first Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized backups for Office 365 and Google for Education. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Lecturer Corporate Finance - Dauphine University Finance Summer School
What do you like best?

Datto Drive has all the necessary features and market reputation to be trusted as a cloud data partner for backup of major files and folders in the most easy way. We are also using this cloud drive in our specific departments to share and collaborate via this drive. We can store all types of content which could of any format. It is quite a secured drive and have super fast uploading and downloading speeds. Being an authentic cloud drive, we can create accounts under the domain name of our company and can easily access and modify files anywhere and anytime. It has provide us with freedom to work from anywhere and collaborates in an easy way. We can also even integrate this drive with other software's which makes the flow of data being possible in a reliable manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven’t use this drive for a significant time, so there’s still lot more to explore about this drive. But being involved in the deployment stage, I can say for sure that it is taking quite more time than it’s supposed to be. Furthermore, its premium set of tools is also quite pricey and most of them doesn’t even qualify for such high price labels. But we are assure that it will be sufficient enough to fulfill all our needs to maintain backup of our professional contents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our main purpose on using this drive is to maintain backups for most of our content and data. However, we are also cooperating and collaborating by easy sharing of files in the company through this drive. We have maintained high standards of security on our cloud content and made it possible to share the files without any kind of security and privacy invasions. We can also allow other users with permissions or restrictions to access our certain public files. We can make quick decisions and better plans to modify our data and betterment in our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was simple to setup and use. New users and sites are automatically added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently we do not have any dislikes of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backup oft solved the backup gap in the Office 365 platform. We had a few occasions where a user needed data that was only being backed up in Backupify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Automatically syncs and saves all users with almost no user interaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Prices are getting steep and there should be a better way to retrieve large archived data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to clarify how archived and active accounts work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Archiving and saving user data after we close their Google Account. Also, has helped to retrieve lost data due to user errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Very easy interface. Does the basic job we need it to do. I'm happy with the feature set. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Want to see more ways to automate terminations and offboarding accounts that we want to cleanup data for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backupify helps us with multiple things - cost savings by removing Google Enterprise accounts. Backups for employee offboardings, and redundancy of data for ransomware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

The most important is the easy process, how to install, use and manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't check the content of the backup online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A best tool so far I have been used with G-Suite Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peace of mind to delete and gain space on email hosted server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EO
What do you like best?

I was looking for a solution that would provide full transparency for a lawsuit and this was perfect, but the customer service was just above and beyond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I would dislike the UI if I actually wanted to access my files in an easy fashion, but since I only need access for the plaintiff , it was exactly what I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for legal disclosure needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed my previous business partner to have access to our drive, and he had super easy and transparent access with this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Easy interface, simple to operate, two factor authentication to log in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

a bit slow to access, but tolerable. minimal to no cons Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product, performs as expected Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Users deleting files ad requesting them back Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Proactive Engineer
What do you like best?

Quick and simple restores in 30 seconds, and a very intuitive interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being third party hosted, their services are temperamental at times. There were a few times the site was inaccessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure billing is accurate. It's per tier at times, and per users at others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backups and restores for Salesforce and Office 365 suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Coordinator
What do you like best?

Ease of use and visibility. It was very easy to set up start to finish. From the walkthrough for adding to Google Apps to adding users and searching content, it was a breeze to set up and, once set up, easy to review content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There seems to a lag in loading the web interface. Functionally, I have had no issues, but it takes a bit longer to log in and navigate pages that I'd prefer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have a backup for your G Suite or Office 365 accounts. Backupify is the answer. No Schedules to manage, so infrastructure to deploy. You simply choose your accounts and they start backing up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had an employee leave on poor terms and purge his last two months of emails. We didn't know if he had taken proprietary information with him or had been doing anything against company policy. If we had Backupify set up before, we could have restored his missing email and made sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior IT Operations Engineer
What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ease of setup the most. Configuring the domain for backup is quick and easy. No specia