Datawatch Monarch

The data intelligence solutions provider that will fuel your business. Only Datawatch can confidently position individuals and organizations to master all data – no matter the origin, format or narrative – resulting in faster time to insight, driving the use of more data, fostering more trust and incorporating more minds into analytics and reporting projects.

Work for Datawatch Monarch?

Learning about Datawatch Monarch?

Datawatch Monarch Reviews

Showing 70 Datawatch Monarch reviews
Datawatch Monarch review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great Products and Service - Datawatch works with you as if your task is their top priority"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Datawatch for eleven years now and their service just continues to get better and better. Their staff takes your task /project personally and they work quickly to find a resolution for whatever questions you have. They are so personable that they reach out from time to time to make sure that all of your needs are being met. I love that they host training classes where you can bring projects to them if you are facing issues and they have multiple online tools that help you stay informed about new features and products.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints. The only negative I can think of is that the initial cost of the systems is a bit high but it does pay for itself with time since the process becomes automated. You no longer need a staff member to perform the daily tasks manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to ways to save time on lengthy manual tasks such as exporting data from flat files into an Excel spreadsheet or reconciling reports, this tool is extremely beneficial.

When using Monarch Complete, I am able to take a task that would normally take hours to complete and return results within minutes. We also are starting to use Automator and this will fully automate these processes so that we can better utilize our time for more analytical work instead of data mining.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Datawatch Monarch
Datawatch Monarch review by Austin P.
Austin P.

"Must Have Software"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, look and feel, and overall speed when working with moderately sized files. I tend to use this software on a daily basis to convert files that were previously unusable to a format that can be used in our analysis. The biggest feature that I use is the use of regular expressions to trap data. This is a very powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

The software does tend to crash when joining multiple files that are in excess of a million rows of data. I'm on 32-bit version which is likely the cause of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend going with Datawatch. I would encourage the admin to first find people within the business that have a drive to learn to be an expert with the software because it has unlimited uses if you work at it.

Converting unusable PDF and report type files into flat files that can be analyzed and used for other purposes.

What Data Preparation solution do you use?

Datawatch Monarch review by Edgar S.
Edgar S.

"Datawatch Review"

What do you like best?

the capabilities of preparing data. The customer support experience that they provide is very good. Support has been able to help me with all the cases that I opened and they track the progress until everything is resolved. I also like the sales team who was very active and supportive when purchasing the software. They are also have been involved in the deployment activity.

What do you dislike?

there are still many bugs in the software. There are errors when importing files. It seems that many things are still in development. I also have problems with the lack of training opportunities. Datawatch Monarch is a good software and it is difficult to use and setup. Having better training options could make life easier for everyone and make the most out of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to get training on it and try to get a support personnel when setting up things for first time.

preparing data for Tableau. We are receiving data from multiple sources and we are trying to accommodate them inside a constant format so that we can reuse the different Tableau workbooks that we have created. We also like that Datawatch is helping us to make this process automatic with the Automator. There are several inputs files from our customers and they can come at any time. Therefore it is necessary to have a service that could allow us to identify when new data has been put into the system and process it automatically.

Datawatch Monarch review by Summer P.
Summer P.

"Data Manipulation for Taxes"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create various templates for the different PDF files I receive from the various entities. It is also really easy to use on different files if I get something other than PDF - I am not limited in what I can use Datawatch for or on.

What do you dislike?

There are a few entities that don't have a consistent format and this doesn't always extract the data cleanly from those. It takes a bit more manipulation and effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to extract data that is pretty uniform in format in the document, then this is definitely worth it. Even with the need to extract from various parts of the document, or different formats - PDF, word, excel, and others - this can do it. I like being able to have different templates for the different files as well.

We use the files for tax purposes and previously it could take two to three days to convert, extract, clean and insert into a database a single file. When I started using Datawatch, it went from 2 to 3 days, to about 10 to 15 minutes. This allows me to be more productive and efficient in my day, allowing me to complete more of my daily tasks and roles.

Datawatch Monarch review by Thomas A. K.
Thomas A. K.

"Great if you need an elephant gun"

What do you like best?

The tool parses formatted text reports with ease and reliability. Loaded with useful tools for large volume, multiple sourced data analysis.

What do you dislike?

Too much for my simple needs. I would prefer purchasing a slimmed down version which simply parses a text or pdf report. In my small company, this is all I need. I would like to be able to purchase just the extraction tool for $200 - 400. We would likely purchase more licenses at a level which meets our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great purchase for users working very large data sets with multiple format inputs. Over priced for the extraction only function.

Parsing text and pdf reports into Excel format. This has greatly expanded my ability to analyze the clunky reports generated by my revenue cycle system. I also parse reports from outside sources.

Datawatch Monarch review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Great products for data mining"

What do you like best?

The ability to mine data from various sources and file types. Datawatch products also allow you to manipulate data in many ways without accidentally corrupting the source data. This is one feature that separates it from Excel, Access and other data manipulation software.

What do you dislike?

Licensing fee structure and cost.

Product is not intuitive. You have to have some training to get the full value from the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase training if you are new to the product. Also sign up for the official forums. There is a wealth of knowledge on solving unique problems.

Utilizing Datawatch Monarch on a daily basis to convert financial reports from various agencies to a usable format. Counting, combining, summing information and tying tables together for analysis. Using the information to provide reports for clients.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Monarch has allowed us to take all of our invoices, regardless of the format, and standardize it completely so it can be easily uploaded into our SQL database.

What do you dislike?

We have one complication where we are unable to accommodate for changes in the format of pdf invoices. For example, when a line item description is too long, it wraps onto 2 lines. While we haven't seen it wrap onto the third line, it's quite likely to happen and we can't prepare our Monarch model for such an occasion until we have an example to work with. Monarch plays an incredible defense, but the offense is a little rusty. I like to be prepared for anything and Monarch can only prepare for what it's already seen.

We receive data from a multitude of sources and in a variety of formats. Monarch allows us to take all of those sources of data and standardize them so we can upload them into our database. Monarch allows you to do a lot of things other than just put it into a database, but I am a die-hard database gal, so I don't want to bypass the database :-)

Datawatch Monarch review by User

"Providing Clarity to Disparate Data Sources"

What do you like best?

Companies began amassing databases with thousands of data points that have some significance, if management is provided essence of the story they tell. Monarch can trim, append, analyze and output the common thread for their product or business plan.

What do you dislike?

I began using Monarch 15 years ago as a desktop package with some instructions and templates that I tried to learn from, although they did not specifically pertain to my objective. In the last few years and latest versions, the company outreach with user Webinars for deeper understanding are making it simpler to expand my familiarity of included features that I was too cautious to try.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Participate in the company provided Webinars to unlock greater potential. I learned solutions to challenges for which we had been dealing with "work-arounds".

Our Legacy core processor produces 1K different printable reports, some exceeding 10,000 pages, of daily results, sorted several different ways to accommodate some user's request built over 20 years. People change and needs change but the Legacy reports don't. We are able to take select data points from a variety of different reports and external sources, build relationships in Data Prep Studio, and present the current requirements without the expense of building changes. The most impressive benefit of this product has been our ability to look back, recreate a "point in time" view using archives, without reloading backups, rebuilding processing.

Datawatch Monarch review by Joseph T.
Joseph T.

"Datawatch Analytics Platform provides me intuitive insight into my data to make informed decisions"

What do you like best?

I really like the data mining and data visualization capabilities, as well as the ability to take data from virtually any source, cleanse it, and send it off to virtually any other source or application.

What do you dislike?

Since migrating from the ever popular Monarch Pro 10.5 to Versions 11,12, and currently 13 on a .NET framework, the local memory usage of the application has risen quite a bit. I would like to see better memory allocation of the software to not bog down the system as much. I recently upgraded my computer to 16GB of RAM, and this has certainly alleviated many of my concerns.

I would also very much like to see this product usable in other environments, whether it is a native Linux environment as I know there are many users like myself that prefer that operating system, and the core stability and power of it.

The other, probably more popular alternative in this day and age, would be to see this utilized as cloud applications so regardless of the platform, the users have full capabilities wherever they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for anyone that needs to get at data from some of the most difficult sources, try Datawatch Monarch. It has provided me some of the quickest turnarounds from data sources that would otherwise be impossible to retrieve manually. It is really a time saver when time is most critical .

The key aspect of what Datawatch has helped deliver is simple... Get the Data...Understand the Data... Share the Data. What once was very cumbersome with old legacy system reports, we can now harness the information these reports contain, and distribute them to the people that make the decisions, and give them quality and the knowledge they can trust what they are looking at.

Datawatch Monarch review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Great Software for PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format."

What do you like best?

Models are simple to create and easy to apply.

Quick to use once the initial models are set up.

Best software for converting PDFs to excel format and consolidating multiple files into one report.

Very useful for multi-layered PRN report conversion into Excel format, and handles large datasets better than excel. The calculated columns are useful to provide a full excel report in one file, and creation of models allows the repetitive tasks to be carried out quickly and easily once the models are created.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the licenses is quite high. It feels like our rep is always trying a sales pitch and chasing me when I have already told him the purchase decision is not up to me. It was be nicer if he was less pushy.

Its a shame that you can't choose whether the settings come from the user or model when dealing with multiple regions. If EU/US and UK users could use the same model, but take their user settings to dictate date/time/number format then this would be a great improvement rather than having to create multiple models to do the same thing. I hope they do not remove classic mode because the data preparation studio does not replace it completely. Classic mode is a lot easier to use on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Negotiate price

Greater efficiency with PDF and PRN conversion to Excel format. Handles large data sets quickly and easily.

Datawatch Monarch review by Tara A.
Tara A.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and customize for any and every project that I have had so far!

What do you dislike?

Do not like dragging PDF's in. Sometimes it works well and other times its time consuming to get the columns to pick up like needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend! Amazing products, amazing service!

Have been able to create and customize work flows for employees to follow up on accounts. Very beneficial because it saves not only myself but everyone in the office a lot of time!

Datawatch Monarch review by Administrator

"Automatation"

What do you like best?

Monarch and automation really does make your work more efficient. It saves a lot of manual work from having to be done. I can have processes picking up and running files before I come into work, having it ready for me right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes projects will crash and not work correctly in Monarch. Automator is a bit glitch-y at times and I have to log on and off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try to see if it is the correct fit.

Datawatch helps us solve our incentive side of the business, we are able to gather and put together incentive data much quicker and more accurately. Having the ability to collect data from multiple sources is great.

Datawatch Monarch review by Dirk S.
Dirk S.

"Monarch Classic is my swiss army knife."

What do you like best?

Powerful and flexible data mining software with tools that also allows it to function sort of as a cross between a spreadsheet and a database. Works well with MS Excel and Access.

I give Datawatch high marks for their training manual. I've worked through it multiple times through v4 to v12 and it is very well written. Most of the skills I've acquired from the manual. If you have the time to go through the exercises then will have most of the tools you need to use the Monarch to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

Some efficiency was lost in exchange for more power when they went from v11 to v12 (there is a v13 that may have fixed some of the things that I find irritating). It is a bit pricey. Customer service overall has been good, but there has been a bump or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to devote time to learn the software. Training isn't widely available and some functions aren't intuitive.

Mining data from PDF and Text files, primarily for use in reporting to investors and in performing bank reconciliations.

Datawatch Monarch review by Tracy G.
Tracy G.

"Monarch Complete Helped Me Turn a Project into a Process...Finally"

What do you like best?

The ability to work with various different types of files (i.e. xlsx, csv, delimited files (pipe delimiter), SQL databases, Salesforce - and the list goes on and on).

What do you dislike?

I like to "experiment" and I have found that that does not always work as expected in Monarch - which has invalidated several of my tables/workspaces before Complete v14 was released, that is. I have yet to put the new undo features to good used, but I expect to soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an application that can extract data from pdf reports or from almost any other source for analytics, then you need to evaluate this application to see if it fits all your needs. I especially like the Data Prep Studio application, as it is very robust and offers similar functionality to a database, like SQL.

As mentioned in the title of my review, Monarch Complete helped turn one of my longest running projects into a quarterly process that I can run without issue. The project involved cost basis reconciliation (reconcile clients' investment cost basis in comparison to the custodian's reported cost basis) and it was "on my plate" for over 6 years before I discovered Monarch Complete. My firm purchased Complete in March 2016 and by August 2016 I had completely developed the reconciliation process and "ran it through the rigors". Monarch Complete handled it with ease. (Details: This process involves concatenating 20 separate text based files from one of our custodian's and then comparing that data to the same data from our portfolio accounting system. The first run identified over 4,000 rows of lot-level cost basis data that required correction within our portfolio accounting system. I have run this process now 3 times since the initial run and each time it gets easier. And the best part of this is, the workspace I developed to handle the concatenation of all those files works without fail each time. It is truly a "set and forget" concept!

Datawatch Monarch review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"One of a Kind PDF Data Extractor"

What do you like best?

It's the only software that can so comprehensively analyze PDF data and extract it into meaningful data. There really is no other solution that exists which can pull data reliably and consistently. Once it's been properly set up, automations make it a breeze to routinely perform tasks that require data manipulation from third parties.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of set up and testing to get reliable data and it can be tricky to identify flaws in your build until a costly mistake reveals the truth. For this reason its not suitable for one-off situations, you really must balance out the ROI on building a scraper template rather than having a data entry clerk manually extract data. Unfortunately, it's not some magic application that you can dump files into and get digestable outputs.

working with third party vendors and clients that use non-integrated software, we have to manipulate their files to integrate into our software applications. this is usually meant for recurring situations whether theyre with the same clients or just populate software in our industry that is not integrated with our tools.

Datawatch Monarch review by User

"Data mining using Monarch"

What do you like best?

Ability to process tons of data quickly.

What do you dislike?

Newer version has more keystrokes than other version. I've been using Monarch since 1996 and older versions relatively had better keystroke functions.Otherwise general functions are the same.

Also, in the search function, you need to indicate search up or down at any given point. What if you have a file with thousand of records and you have to search records in a non-sorted order? Can't the program always go to top-of-file and then search?

Recommendations to others considering the product

SW has become prohibitive though. Previous single-user versions cost $350 perdisk. Now subscription cost is $1,000 per year!! Imagine if you had many users in the organization.

Practically use Monarch for all reporting as our existing ERP report writer functions not as efficient.

Datawatch Monarch review by Consultant

"Great for PDF Extraction"

What do you like best?

I primarily use this tool to extract PDF data into a tabular format for analysis.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a focus on trying to establish Monarch as a data analysis tool. That being said, I feel as though innovations/change is primarily focused on improving analysis tools/methodologies. I think the PDF extraction component could always be improved upon.

Data in formats that are simply not prepared for analysis. As a result, Datawatch saves hours of manual entry. While this can be done with a tool such as python, I think Datawatch has unbeatable OCR/Extraction/Validation tools that provide an end-to-end solution.

"Beyond Expectations"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the system, once the model has been set up, each report is seamlessly processed and our reports are all in the required format.

What do you dislike?

Switching between views (Report/Table/Summary/Export) can be tedious.

Also, the reports only look at a handful of extensions rather than all file types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the time taken to do the work manually vs what Datawatch can do for you.

Easy review of monthly accounts and operational reports.

The time taken to analyse data is greatly reduced, even with very large volumes of data.

Datawatch Monarch review by James M.
James M.

"Best product for extracting data from reports and a reasonable cost."

What do you like best?

It allows our company to extract usable data from text based reports so they can be imported into our SQL database, Including text, PDF's, Some DAT files and others.

What do you dislike?

It still struggles with PDF data extraction, still better than other options,

We are compressing the amount of labor time it takes to transform text based reports into usable data.

"Worthwhile Product"

What do you like best?

The product is amazingly robust in both it's data prep capabilities, as well as the sheer number of different types of data the program can consume. Also, the ability to create a workspace with a great number of data transformations that don't have to be recreated once initially setup is crucial.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve (at least for me) was rather steep. I would love the ability to export more content rich reports or dashboards.

Our company consumes data from many disparate systems to provide data analysis to our clients on an ongoing basis. The ability for us to extract data, manipulate it one time, and then quickly be able to replicate those analyses by just substituting a new data set is huge.

Datawatch Monarch review by Michal J.
Michal J.

"Monarch Pro slices and dices your reports."

What do you like best?

Taking dynamic reports and being able to parse and filter them in meaningful ways right into Excel, Access or Oracle. Setting up multiple models allows one report to have dynamic exports to maximize impact to the receiver of the data.

What do you dislike?

Subscription based licensing, would love to see stand alone versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial, get in contact with Datawatch. There are free training gatherings that shall display the potential and you can make sure it is the product you need.

We are parsing revenue reports that are 200-400 pages long in seconds and pulling the relevant data sets based on multiple criteria to power other reports for the decision makers.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Financial Services

"Data Preparation & Automation Empowerment without IT Support"

What do you like best?

Without the need for an IT project or IT resources I am able to access all the Data/Information I need to analyze whatever needs to be analyzed and researched within our enterprise. It is a liberating experience. I also love the fact that my work is repeatable once created.

What do you dislike?

We currently have version 13 of Data Prep Studio which has been unable to support large data sets (upwards of 500K records). I believe this is no longer an issue with version 14.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the YouTube videos to get inspired and follow along for practice. Also join the Datawatch Community so you can engage with other users of the product.

Personally Monarch is saving me conservatively 2-3 hours a day in data acquisition and preparation. In addition to the time savings we have been able to prevent fraud losses by better profiling and identifying bad membership profiles. Estimates in savings are in the six figure range per project.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Datawatch Monarch has been an amazing time saver!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best is the ability to take a text document that comes from our front end systems, create a template/model and be able to extract the exact information that is needed to process monthly filings.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most is the lack of onsite trainings although the support offered by Datawatch is very helpful and always quick to respond. One other thing that I dislike is the amount of time that it takes to process a report through the Prep Studio. Until our computers get upgraded to the point where it can handle that much data at one time, we are unable to use that feature to its fullest capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to be able to most efficiently analyze data received through reports from your ERP or other software programs, Monarch is an amazing tool.

The main business problem that we've worked with Datawatch on is ways that we can reduce time spent on analyzing data received from our front end systems. By using Monarch, we have been able to reduce this time significantly and almost immediately.

Datawatch Monarch review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Datawatch"

What do you like best?

Visual changes. Change history gives so much flexibility. Ability to save so much time and energy and collaborate easily.

What do you dislike?

Buggy, uses a lot of memory so crashes often. New report design in DPS is great, but would like to see search functions (Control + F). Sample text also gets stuck and doesn't scroll left & right sometimes.

We take our clients' legacy reports and efficiently convert into our import format. No need to teach the client how to fill out, wait a long time for it to come back, and then have to fix the data and communicate back and forth. Increased accuracy and control over our project timelines. We've saved over 3600 hours of effort in 7 months with less than 20 people using it.

Datawatch Monarch review by Mike E.
Mike E.

"Happy with Datawatch"

What do you like best?

We use Monarch as well as the automater server. We like being able to automate the routine imports that we do which makes the process much more reliable.

What do you dislike?

Overall we are happy with our purchase. We have had a couple of GUI issues with the automater but support was helpful and the problem should be fixed in a future release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are powerful tools to process data and automate the tasks. We used to have multiple people responsible for massaging the incoming data. Now it is a reliable and automated process.

We receive regular exports from multiple sources that we need to bring into our database and report on.

Datawatch Monarch review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"I have been a Monarch-Datawatch user for 20 years."

What do you like best?

Its ability to mine data from multiple file formats. I like its ability to use character based parsing functions to split or concatenate data fields.

What do you dislike?

Monarch releases new versions too frequently. Its pricing has increased substantially since I became a user.

Various data mining projects for audit purposes.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Make your system generated report work for you"

What do you like best?

Set up the model once, report is organized in a meaningful, usable, format. Tweak as needed.

What do you dislike?

Datawatch Monarch has gone from a simple to use tool (old name simply "Monarch") to one that has lots of bells and whistles but is not as user-friendly as older versions. Luckily my old, simple models still work!

Takes system generated reports and allows them to be customized to my needs - and, the customized report, once the model is written once, takes just a couple seconds each week/month etc. to generate. And, I can tweak models to quickly satisfy internal customer requests for specific data.

Datawatch Monarch review by Ian N.
Ian N.

"Powerfull, high end software. "

What do you like best?

Great UI and customer support is more than willing to help when issues do arise. I parse large amounts of vendor data through Monarch and then export the synthesized data to excel. The software easily picks up information fields and speeds up operation time immensely.

What do you dislike?

The high cost prices out most consumers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial version first to make sure it's what you want. There are other solutions out there and know Datawatch is a premium service.

Aggregating large volumes of "poor" data sets into synthesized and malleable excel sheets.

Datawatch Monarch review by User

"Personal experience with Datawatch Monarch"

What do you like best?

The Data Preparation give you all the functionality that you need. It so easy to navigate even with a lot database resources that you need to connect.

What do you dislike?

Previewing your data on a large databases is giving me some performance issue. But this can attributed to your connectivity.

Able to deliver separate reports to each users based on their area of focus.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Datawatch Monarch Review"

What do you like best?

I love using Monarch to gather reports from multiple sources and transform them into usable files.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have issues with reports that are not uniformly formatted or need to combine multiple reports into summaries, then Monarch is what you need.

Combining multiple reports into usable data and able to save those every month tasks into projects that can be performed with one click of a button. The process has streamlined my entire compliance function.

Datawatch Monarch review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Classic for QAuick Conversion"

What do you like best?

Monarch Classic makes it possible for me to quickly convert PDF's and proprietary system reports into useful data.

What do you dislike?

Often updates to the Monarch change or eliminate options that were previously useful. I do not like that upgrades are need to use options that were previously free

Data conversion. Save me hours each day.

"Vice President"

What do you like best?

Once a model is established, retrieving data thereafter is quite simple.

What do you dislike?

complex models can take more time in creating but worth the investment in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to learn the product and experiment with complex situations. The sooner you become an expert, you'll see increases in efficiency and workflow processes.

extracting data from reports not otherwise available per perform reporting and analysis

Datawatch Monarch review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Daily Monarch User"

What do you like best?

Ability to create Project to capture data, run filtering, and produce usable extracts for further analysis or processing.

What do you dislike?

different versions to complete specific enhanced tasks, which increases cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Additional functions from the standard functions prior assist with daily analysis and reporting, as well as creating journal entries for various functions.

benefits analysis and processing from ability to dissect reports and setup subscriptions

Datawatch Monarch review by William J. E.
William J. E.

"My Monarch Experience"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to easily convert PDFs into Excel based documents to be able to better analyze the information.

What do you dislike?

When multiple PDFs are uploaded, it makes the program slow, but still usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company often uses PDFs and could use them better as Excel cocs, this program may be helpful to you.

We are converting point of sale PDFs and Excel docs to a more usable format, and we have seen better labor efficency because of it.

"good program"

What do you like best?

the capabilities, I am still learning them, but from seeing some of the samples it can do, I am excited to learn about them.

What do you dislike?

sometimes its too complex. hard to understand initially

Recommendations to others considering the product

you will need a lot of training to make sure you use it effectively

Budget and reports, instead of using excel. Also parsing data from our ERP called Meditech.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Seamlessly compile and review reports"

What do you like best?

The ability to build reports and quickly rebuild them every month to trend data. It also allows the joining of data from separate sources and build insights that you wouldn't be able to with out the product.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if you were able to do more time value of money calculations. There needs to be some NPV, PMT calculations, etc. I would like to be able to format reports so they wouldn't need to be put into excel prior to submission to management.

We are better able to quickly identify trends and build reports for management.

Datawatch Monarch review by Marie M.
Marie M.

"Process improvements"

What do you like best?

the functionalities of being able to organize and extract raw data from multiple sources.

What do you dislike?

there isn't anything within application that is disliked

the ease of use , and functionality to extract raw data from multiple sources and filtering

Datawatch Monarch review by Yen V.
Yen V.

"Very good product for data parsing, just haven't had the time needed to thoroughly use the product"

What do you like best?

Makes tedious things of the past easy now

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more tutorials for data parsing

Data parsing. Faster data parsing.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Financial Services

"A great time-saving tool"

What do you like best?

It was easy enough to begin using the product immediately for simple reports. Many of the functions were easy to figure out, and the local training seminar held shortly after our purchase enabled us to begin using the product very quickly.

What do you dislike?

When dealing with non-standard reports, the auto define options tend to miss fields requiring a more in-depth knowledge of data prep. Unfortunately, the help files are a bit too vague on some topics to be of much help.

We bought the product to assist with prepping billing files. In the few months that we've had the product, it has paid for itself in improving our ability to bill more efficiently.

Datawatch Monarch review by Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Datawatch - nice product but licensing is an issue"

What do you like best?

I like that the software has the ability to mine data from multiple sources as well as different data types.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the licensing system and the method by which they generate activation codes, if you do not keep up maintenance and your PC dies, they will not assist you to reinstall the product with its code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look around, product is excellent, but very expensive and the licensing mechanism if you do not pay for maintenance is problematic at best.

It allows you to mine the data from multiple sources and provide a concise report suitable for executives or staff.

Datawatch Monarch review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Very nice software"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the extensive data cleaning capability and the user friendly environment. I think the environment is quite intuitive

What do you dislike?

I have had a few experiences with the program lagging a bit especially with larger files. I am not sure how avoidable this is but saving time is always helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to have and easy to use. Go for it!

Data cleaning and preparing for visualization. Loading unformatted data. We have saved a ton of time through automating unformatted text documents into workable data.

Datawatch Monarch review by Amish P.
Amish P.

"It was amazing"

What do you like best?

The speakers where very knowledgeable and presented the material in a perfect pace.

What do you dislike?

I had little to dislike. But, if there was anything I would say the price for license is a bit steep and is going to take some convincing to get approved.

We are able to solve various business problems when it comes to importing large text files into a readable format.

Datawatch Monarch review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"From an IT standpoint..."

What do you like best?

Datawatch is unique in the sense that it is able to handle vast data and model reports.

What do you dislike?

Supporting Datawatch from a license standpoint didn't work well in our Department however we are now implementing a server on site.

Previously, we had to activate and deactivate every license manually. If we forgot to deactivate a license (say the computer crashed or the computer was wiped), then there is no way to deactivate or manage the license without contacting Datawatch. Even then, Datawatch is unable to deactivate that exact license. With that said, we are now making a server for enterprise licensing.

Datawatch Monarch review by Internal Consultant in Retail
Internal Consultant in Retail

"Datawatch Monarch is like magic"

What do you like best?

The ability to create usable data from typically unusable sources.

What do you dislike?

The program lacks effective tutorials, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to use.

We collect point of sale data(including hard copy receipt rolls) from dozens of different source types and can easily manipulate them to match up with each other for large scale analyses.

"Gets the job done."

What do you like best?

It has eliminated a huge gap in our internal processes - we are able to complete work more efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is a huge learning curve and too many products. I prefer to use Dataprep but feel like training is for Classic, Swarm, AND dataprep. I just need to know one

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do online training before meeting with a Datawatch rep

Getting information into an importable format. We also use it for audits to make sure things are correct.

Datawatch Monarch review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"Accessing the 'blind spot' of data, the data that's trapped within text based files. "

What do you like best?

They have a range of applications, from ETL, Data Mining, Content Management, and Data Visualization. Their solutions work best for industries that still struggle with managing, extracting and analyzing semi-structured, text based content.

What do you dislike?

Their tool sets require a skill set that is not widely available such as with more widely used products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Datawatch supplies a range of products that support a source of data widely ignored and overlooked. The alternative is more database ready sources of data, but incur an additional cost to produce.

Datawatch in the last three years has redeveloped their platforms onto a more traditional .NET framework, and have also added new offerings such as Data Visualization.

Our system of record produces two types of output, the first being most prevalent are canned, semi-structured, text based reports. The logic, data elements and calculations, have been predefined and programmed into the system of record, with little to no transparency. Essentially making these reports the source of truth in many business processes.

The core benefit has been cost, giving self service back to business users, instead of rebuilding reports from raw data sources. This allows us to focus on filling the true gaps in reporting and analytics.

Datawatch applications once deployed has allowed us to get to this data for multiple purposes. Providing to end users in a much more business friendly format (like Excel) and providing to a data warehouse for application development or for more mature reporting such as (SSRS). The introduction of Data Visualization into their product offering allows us to leverage the existing data to perform better analysis of data.

"Very Useful"

What do you like best?

I use Monarch for data modeling and it's gotten more intuitive to use. The automatic recognition features are great as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a problem with the software

Converting text or pdf files to excel format

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Right Product at right Cost"

What do you like best?

The application is what we want, but the best part was the support. They are excellent bunch of people who are on support with a quick reply.

What do you dislike?

nothing much to say here , I wish they can include some more excel functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try the product and don't worry after implementation support, they are great with minimum SLA.

Data capture, transformation and automation. We have saved a lot of time.

Datawatch Monarch review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Amazing data transformation power"

What do you like best?

The ability to automate data import and cleaning is a game changer. The fact that the automator can work without needed user intervention to run it allows the user to focus on much more value-add tasks.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to eliminate unwanted changes from the memory tool when creating models.

Being able to convert data presented in useless stings of garbage into meaningful usable data makes reporting a thousand times easier and faster.

Datawatch Monarch review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Review for Datawatch Monarch"

What do you like best?

The ability to consolidate data from multiple different formats into an effective data source.

What do you dislike?

The timed licenses and subscription services are a bit pricey and can cause a delay in service if not handled timely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time and learn what the product can do for you. It has multiple functions and allows you to think outside the box.

Taking data in different formats and getting it into one useable format that can be placed into other systems. This has provided endless value to our processes.

Learning about Datawatch Monarch?

* We monitor all Datawatch Monarch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.