DataMatch Enterprise Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I like that it is very straightforward and easy to use. With very little training we had it up and running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It had errors at first but the Data Ladder team really worked with us to figure every detail out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have this as part of your total data quality management plan otherwise, it will be hard to get everyone who needs to use to see the point of using it. We had success by having one person from each department represent their department in a separate committee for this. This helped with by in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are features we haven't had a chance to use yet but it is already cutting down errors within the company and freeing up a lot of time with the tech team. It's good to see our management feeling more confident with our data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DataMatch Enterprise Overview

What is DataMatch Enterprise?

DataMatch Enterprise is a highly visual desktop data cleansing application specifically designed to resolve customer and contact data quality issues. The suite consists of scalable configurations for deduplication & record linking, suppression, enhancement, extraction, and standardization of business and customer data.

DataMatch Enterprise Details

The DataMatch Enterprise suite is a highly visual desktop data cleansing application specifically designed to resolve customer and contact data quality issues. The suite consists of scalable configurations for deduplication & record linking, suppression, enhancement, extraction, and standardization of business and customer data.

Data Ladder
2006
Cambridge, MA
@DataLadder
Answer a few questions to help the DataMatch Enterprise community
Have you used DataMatch Enterprise before?

DataMatch Enterprise Reviews

Showing 22 DataMatch Enterprise reviews
Already have DataMatch Enterprise?
UF
What do you like best?

It easily and quickly sort out my data and tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when working with large files especially when doing Fuzzy matches it takes a bit long to select the master files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Cleansing so that we do not keep contacting the same people over and over again. If they do not want to be contacted also. We also make sure we do not contact more than one person in a Company at a time

Matching to put Data on certain files like taking data from one file to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Solution Architect
What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and easy to use. Its wizard-like interface walks you through the entire process of creating a project. The flexibility of importing and exporting data and results is also fantastic. You can create database tables for production processes or Excel spreadsheets for one-off reports very easily. The configurability of the match definitions is very helpful. You can set up multiple match definitions and have different confidence levels and weights depending on what makes sense for your use case. There are also multiple ways to automate your projects including the scheduler, the command line interface and the add-on API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of "advanced" features that we haven't taken advantage of yet because there isn't a ton of documentation available on the tool itself. Things like reusing data sources from the data library, creating custom data profiling patterns, wordsmithing, advanced matching options, and merge and survivorship rules. Support has been responsive when we've asked questions, but it would be nice if there was more, easy to find, user manual type documentation available for the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your organization doesn't have a full blown master data management program in place and you are looking for a way to quickly, cheaply, and easily match data across systems or identify duplicate data across your organization, DataMatch Enterprise should be a tool you should evaluate. It is as easy to use for single, manual matching jobs and reports with Excel as it is for integrating in to a fully automated production process with SQL Server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our use case is automating the import of customer records from dozens of internal and external systems and matching them all so that we can create a single master customer record for each human customer across our entire organization. We are in financial services so we integrate with a large number of hosted or pre-packaged financial systems that each have their own customer repository. Being able to determine which records across all those systems refer to the same human will go a long way in helping us achieve our customer service goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ERP Implementation Engineer
What do you like best?

how easy is to use the sw. I do it now in automatic mode, since it is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

well, not much to dislike here. At the beginning I have to do some training, but the DataLadder team gave a video session which was enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want easy tool which works and has plenty of functionalities, plus perfect service support, then this is your choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am matching huge amounts of data, from single matching to advance % matching for data cleaning of business partners and addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente Corporativo Tecnologías de Información
What do you like best?

Datamatch does the job very well as data quality as tool for data governance. The usability is an especial issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

May be some ones bugs, but were solved on time by Datamatch team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data migration, data cleanning and things like that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Software Engineer
What do you like best?

My favorite part of DataMatch is how easy and flexible it is to use. I can use data from virtually any data source including ODBC connections, CSV files, and JSON files. It does a great job with data cleansing making the matching process even more powerful and being able to merge rows with very flexible rules for the final export is extremely helpful. The support team is also very responsive and helpful when I run into anything I have an issue figuring out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI could be a little more intuitive but overall it's still quite easy to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out if you find any features that you would like to have added. They are very open and responsive to feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use DataMatch Enterprise to cleanup lists that I receive from clients in multiple formats. With DataMatch I can accept files in any format, some customers like to send in JSON and some like to send via CSV. I can import any file type, fix formatting issues, search for duplicate records, report back to my customers the issues I found in the data in a friendly pdf, and then export the data in JSON format which I can then easily import into my database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

If I can sum it up in just 3 words it would be "The Entire Program". I really like the program in its entirety, it has extremely powerful tools and does exactly what we needed it for - data consolidation, flagging duplicates, merging/overriding and deleting data and so much more. Oh, and how can I forget to mention the great customer service they offer their clients, you reach out to them with any issue and they're on the case in no time. Responsive. Knowledgeable. Helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to be able to export the corrupted/damaged data records but the program only lets you pull them up and not export it. Secondly, the matches aren't 100% perfect there are still some bugs in the match algorithm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is far more effective, user friendly and reasonable than many other data cleansing programs I checked out prior to making my purchasing decision and their customer service is really great. See for yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We receive lists from multiple sources that we first need to match up against our database to collect id numbers for records that already exist in our software. DME also allows us to compare 2 files and keep most updated information from either file to attain 1 complete file with most accurate information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DataLadder is simple to use and quickly lets you search for matches between different sets of Data from multiple sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the origin of the Excel document, sometimes the program does not recognize the data. We encounter issues when converting PDF to Excel and running that information through DataLadder. But an easy fix is to copy the converted data and paste it into a new Excel workbook. However, I learned that through trial and error. The programs will run without a problem but will not show any results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software was a little confusing at first, but the support team was there with any questions or problems I had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the software to prove ROI to our clients. We take data provided from our client, run that data set against our internal data, and show the number of customers we share. This tool provides us with information we need to prove the results from our client's advertising campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that DataMatch is user-friendly. Also, it almost never crashes. It's easy to update and easy to use. It's also easy to export data and easily apply to whatever your needs may be.

It is also super important to utilize a service that suits your business needs. DataMatch is that ideal service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, DataMatch does not catch all data, but with the understanding that it is a system, it is ultimately up to the user to do further research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I Highly recommend this product! If there were ever any issues or you needed help updating the software, the client services are communicative and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving conversion concerns. We use DataMatch to prove our value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This substitutes utilizing Excel to retrieve lead matches from different databases. DataMatch is more effective and efficient for this. It increases my productivity using this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be more efficient if we're able to generate multiple results in one run and for the software to automatically scrub/clean the data instead of having to specify "cleaned" in the field under "Match Definition". There are too many fields that it gets confusing sometimes (cleaned vs regular). However, being able to generate multiple results at once would definitely be a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes awhile to learn the features of DataMatch. The more you use it, the easier it will become Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run DataMatch to determine the lead to lease conversion. DataMatch scrubs the format of the data for consistency, which saves us time from doing it ourselves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When using DataMatch, I love how quickly the program loads my tables. The ease of setting up my tables to compare and then running the data is seamless. I'm still finding new features I didn't even know about. My team loves this program! 10/10 will register again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still finding new features I didn't even know about. The manual is not the easiest to read, but with a little patience you're up and running in no time. Additionally, the product is a little on the pricey side, but nonetheless worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for a steep learning curve! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the software to compare our marketing data against our clients. The great thing about the software is we can determine gaps in our business in addition to finding miss-attributed data points from our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

DataMatch makes our matching projects possible in a short amount of time and helps prove value to the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not convinced that it finds every single exact match, as sometimes I find matches manually that the software didn't pick up. I've been unable to discern why it catches some and not others. I have to try different variations of fuzzy and exact matches to make sure I've picked up all possible outcomes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great, however, expect it to not always find every single match, especially when running larger amounts of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is used to lease match; we prove value to clients who pay money to advertise on our sites. This software helps prove that their leases come from prospects who found their property on our sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Assurance Supervisor
Internet
What do you like best?

It makes our matching projects in a short amount of time and helps prove ROI to our clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel there are times we missed matches that we have found manually that for some reason the software did not pick up

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n\a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ROI for there digital advertising needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Manager
Internet
What do you like best?

I like that I can see the tables and click on what I want them to do as for as matches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I have to click and go through different steps to just do a simple a task. I would like something more simple to use just for simple projects. I do not like that I get diffent results when I run matchs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am comparing a rentroll from a property to the leads that my company sends them. We are seeing if we sent any leads that made leases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for this program when matching data from excess tables to confirm hows successful our business practices are Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that data match may sometimes freeze or crash depending on the size of the data that is entered into this program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving problems with conversion rates from our b2b clients. We use DataMatch to prove our value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Assurance Support Specialist
Internet
What do you like best?

Data ladder is straightforward with little to no frills. It has proved to be a robust tool for sifting through large data sets to find discrepancies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface can sometimes be hard to navigate for newer users and training content is not easy to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use DataMatch to prove our ROI by comparing our records to those of clients. The program helps us demonstrate our results through data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

My favorite aspect is being able to manipulate different sets of data to tell one story Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to work with very large sets of data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing return on investment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Easy to get up and running. Producing far more results than working by hand, in less time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None yet. I've been using the software intermittently for 3 months, so there's still more to learn. So far, it's performed very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to watch the training videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Cleaning

Record Matching

Able to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The program works. It is a no frill program and is effective 99% of the time. The program is very stable even when working with large datasets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not great. Many colleagues complain that the interface is confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We often need to compare company data with client data to ensure data trustworthiness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Associate
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

DataMatch Enterprise is easy to learn and use. It's easy to review results. Saves us tons of time in manually checking records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally wonder why some records aren't tagged as possible dupes. But the number of dupes that slip through is small given our datasets, and we consider it an acceptable percentage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Enterprise was in beta when we started with Data Ladder. They worked with us diligently until everything worked perfectly for us. The product has functions and features we haven't even used, so I am confident it can be helpful in ways we don't even know of. This product has been a lifesaver for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identifying records in purchased lists that are already in our database. Very helpful when we transitioned from one CRM to another; allowed us to compare datasets as we needed to troubleshoot problems that cropped up during and after the transition. Allows us to crossreference our database with data we find online in order to incorporate new info into our database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Principal | Business Strategy & Analytics Consultant
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Primarily I use DME in a direct marketing context to match campaign responders to campaign targets. Together with Address Verification it is the most robust, easy-to-use and cost efficient tool I've ever used. It's also pretty fast. DME doesn't require programming skills to create or fine tune algorithms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The address verification function runs slowly and the user interface takes training to understand completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a tutorial of the UI during any trial period. The tutorial covers features that aren't obvious (or are confusing) to a new user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use DME for direct marketing campaign results measurement. Benefits are better results (i.e., more matches with higher confidence level), faster turn-around time, transparency into the algorithms, and no requirement for SAS, SQL, etc., programmers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

it's a really good data cleansing software, it rarely gets stuck and works wonderfully with mysql Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it doesn't have that many different functions, options and capacities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest that it is only purchased for very large, corporation sized databases, it's not worth using in smaller databases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are cleansing our extensive oil sample database and updating it much more quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SENIOR DATA ANALYST – MARKETING
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

It has a nice interface and the filtering of data once you get it to Datamatch is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The SQL extraction functionality does not work. This was explained at the sale and no one ever told us that it didn't work until after purchase and I tried to use it. When I went back to them about it in January 2014 the Tech team told me it was a "planned feature" in the next release. It is now July 2014 and there has been no update to correct this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scrubbing of large datasets for mailing lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.