Cvent Reviews & Product Details

Channel Program Manager, Americas Partner Channel
What do you like best?

Cvent is a powerful event management tool which allows me to build my own eRegistration website, including complexities such as 20+ sessions, meals and breaks, invitation-only sessions, and multi-scaled sponsorship fees.

The documentation and support is incredible. Attendees often tell me how easy their registration was, compared to other events they register for. Attendees can modify their own registrations, saving my team a ton of manual work. The built-in and customizable reporting functionality makes it a cinch to grab an accurate report at a moment's notice. Internal Information fields help me classify my attendees and the Resources functionality helps me track my many meeting rooms, both for sessions and ad-hoc meetings.

Using the included email marketing functionality allows me to target my audience via invitation lists and pre-schedule communications, as well as quickly create and send ad-hoc ones.

Lastly, the integration between Cvent and CrowdCompass conference app allows my sessions, attendees, and speakers to flow from Cvent into the app. This avoids the issue of having to set a hard cutoff date re: registration since the information flows from one system to the other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Cvent. I wish I had more time to delve into its powerful features. When I can't find an answer to a problem I have to solve, it is either in their incredible documentation, or it is answered or solved by a quick call to their exceptional support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Powerful platform. Ensure someone on your team who is good at learning new interfaces (aka fairly "techie") is the lead on Cvent programming, otherwise, for advanced functions you might want to hire a 3rd party expert. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problems Cvent solves are time, money, and reporting. It doesn't take long to program a simple event, and the upload functionality saves me many hours in programming my 60+ sessions, meals, breaks, meetings, and special events. Cvent is very cost-effective and being able to program it myself saves my group a lot of event budget money that we can instead invest in our attendees' event experience. Lastly, being able to report on attendance, session registration, and other factors helps me plan my next annual event as well as prepares me to ask for a budget based on factual data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent Overview

What is Cvent?

Cvent delivers best-in-class technology that helps you simplify the management of each stage of the event lifecycle, while giving you the data and insights you need to maximize their value. Whether your event is in-person, virtual, or hybrid, you’ll have one platform with everything you need to reach and engage your audiences, and capture and act on attendee interests. As the global leader in event marketing and management technology, Cvent is uniquely positioned to support your events of all types, sizes, and complexities.

Cvent Details
German, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Cvent provides easy-to-use, integrated technology solutions to maximize the impact of meetings and events of all sizes.

Our event management software is designed to help meeting and event professionals by automating and simplifying every step of the planning and execution process, helping to turn in-person and virtual events into incredible experiences for both the attendee and the organizer.

Cvent
1999
Tysons Corner, VA
@cvent
4,192 employees on LinkedIn®

Cvent Videos

Cvent Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Cvent community
Have you used Cvent before?

Cvent Reviews

Showing 1,336 Cvent reviews
Showing 1,336 reviews
Already have Cvent?
Project Director
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
Office Manager
What do you like best?

The registration portion of the platform was great. We could add as many previous attendees and send the invites. Managing the lists was easy. Communication to invitees was easy as well. Reporting is thorough and provides everything we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest challenge was getting to know the system. Our small group has never produced a show on our own without assistance. It would have been helpful to have more instruction or a dedicated account contact from start to finish. Not all of the tutorials were complete so as a result we were left to figure out a lot of the system. We were given the help line but talking to a different person every time is not helpful or confidence building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to manage our registration process on our own without needing to submit requests has been very helpful. We were able to provide a more timely customer service benefit to our attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Cvent
Social Media Brand Manager
What do you like best?

Cvent is a great tool our company uses to manage our events from abstract submission to registration. I love how we can do everything in one platform without worry of data crossover. One piece I particularly love about Cvent is how efficient it makes scheduling sessions and reaching out to speakers. The Speaker Resource Center allows our speakers to easily submit their headshots, bios, and even their presentation which means these things don't get lost in email. Also, Cvent works to ensure that presenters are not double-booked making sure there are no whoops moments on the scheduling side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain features lack customization and require workarounds to get what you want. I also think Flex needs more options to customize website format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent is helping us keep all of our event aspects in one place from abstract management to registration. Not to mention, our Cvent account team is incredibly helpful when it comes to understanding new features and making sure our event is successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Channel Program Manager, Americas Channel
What do you like best?

UPDATE: Cvent's Event Management software: the 1-stop shopping for all event configuration, data, reporting, and ROI. I use Event Management, which I call e-Reg, to easily build a secure, branded, functional registration website for both live-onsite and live-virtual events. The power and flexibility of the new standard registration (Flex) makes websites beautiful as well as functional. It integrates with so many of the portfolio products: appointments, event app, Virtual Attendee Hub, Onsite Solutions (OnArrival) and all the reporting goes into one single massively powerful database for easy reporting and proving of ROI. I love the new Portals to park reports out on the web and the way I can easily configure reports to get exactly what my stakeholders need. My attendees report that it is very easy for them to register for an event with the new Standard Registration, and all the data I need (attendees, sessions, speakers, exhibitors) flows into other integrated modules, so the data is seamless. Cvent continues to listen to their customers and deliver more and more enhacements and functionality to meet the incredibly diverse and complex needs of their customers. Why settle for a piecemeal approach to events by using disparate tools that don't talk to each other when you can use Cvent's powerful, integrated portfolio of event management tools that provide a frictionless attendee experience and the detailed reporting you need to show the C-suite, all in one platform?

UPDATE: I just completed (November 2020) a virtual event using Cvent's Virtual Attendee Hub. We doubled registration, saved about $370K in event costs, and our attendees found both getting to and using the Virtual Attendee Hub very easy (90+ percent). The option to use our own meeting platform back-end or Cvent's instance of Zoom was extremely helpful. We used their full collaborative Cvent Video Conferencing Solution for executive meetings and keynote sessions. We used CVC also with Advanced Production using SocialLive for General Session and our Awards celebration sessions. We also used the Cvent Video Player - Live option to stream content via BrightCove to our attendees and use the VAH's Q&A functionality to keep attendees engaged. I am so excited for Live Polls (available in the CrowdCompass App) and Attendee-to-Attendee chat to come out in the next release!

Cvent Tech tour follows the attendee journey and outlines the Cvent portfolio of main and add-on module products, completely integrated, to 1) give an attendee a frictionless, high-tech, happy event experience and 2) gather lots of data points that are easily reportable to increase an event's ROI and build an even better event. Your execs worried about RFID tracking? Show them the passive, non-invasive tracking via a Tech Tour. Attendees frustrated with wrong badge names and event staff strung out over hours of manual data reconciliation? OnArrival to the rescue! Want to save many thousands of dollars and landfill space on printed maps and agendas that are tossed into the trash? CrowdCompass by Cvent to the rescue! Wasting multiple man hours on booking ad-hoc meetings at events? Appointments to the rescue! Take your execs on a tech tour and use the most time-and-cost-saving, data driven, affordable event management tools out there: Cvent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing. I am eager to see more and more of the new Cvent acquisitions fully integrated into Cvent Event Management for seamless, broad, and deep reporting on event ROI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a scalable end-to-end event management system for time and cost savings while increasing ROI, add the Cvent portfolio to your tools. Start with Event Management, Add CrowdCompass and Appointments, and consider using Abstract Management, Passkey, and other integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Cvent Event Mgmt - build customizable, easy-to-complex event registration websites, a 1-stop shopping place for attendees

* CrowdCompass app for interactive maps, personalized agenda, no more paper, push notifications, and advertising, saving money via no printing, making money via ads, and giving interactive games, polling questions, and Q&A to attendees

* Appointments - ahead of time, set it and forget it, with customizable meeting controls and full reporting on who met where and when. Huge time savings and the ability to backbill organizations for resource usage.

* Virtual Attendee Hub - easy to navigate content delivery system for virtual and hybrid events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior, Registration Solutions Analyst
What do you like best?

My favorite part of Cvent is the ability to send out personalized links within emails. These links allow for the registrant to see exactly what you want them to. Once they hit register it will pre-populate any information we have imported into the system which makes for a seamless experience for any attendee! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new Standard registration (Flex) takes some getting used to and does not have all of the same capabilities as the original tool. However, the more I use it and get to know it, the more comfortable I before with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you switch to Cvent, try to keep in mind that there is always growing pains, but stick with it and you will see that it is well worth it. The software is very easy to navigate and allows anyone to create a website regardless of coding skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When my company adopted Cvent we solved the problem of having a ton of different clients on different platforms. We were able to standardize our offerings to our clients and train all of our associates on one tool. Instead of our team having basic knowledge of a plethora of registration systems, they now have become SME on one system. This allows for better internal collaboration and shared workloads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Brand Marketing, North America
What do you like best?

Ability to seamlessly integrate with on site solutions. Cvent has also helped us be able to pivot from in-person events to virtual events with ease. We were able to take an already curated list of people in attendance and invite them to attend a virtual event. Then with the integrated database, we were able to extend our invitations to cover more people who had previously attended the same event in other cities when we hosted it in the past enabling us to open up our attendee database with little additional work or cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few bits require work arounds and can occasionally not be intuitive to find where content is coming

from to edit. Ability to test needs improvement. Would also like an an ability to override the WYSIWYG to make more dynamic websites (currently only seems to be able to done if you pay them) and incorporate more colors into a template. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's expensive so make sure you are willing and able to take use of all the features and functionalities to get the most of your money. When researching, also keep in mind several key features that might draw you into the system are additional costs (badge printing, branding package, speaker management) so be sure to get ALL in pricing for everything you think you would use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to manage several large scale events. We are saving significant human capital by streamlining our registrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Webmaster / Web Designer / IT Specialist
What do you like best?

The virtual attendee hub was mostly automatically generated, and not bad-looking. Managing session information and production roles wasn't too hard to learn. Support team was always there to answer questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Needing to upload pre-recorded sessions for someone else to process, instead of being able to do that ourselves. Not being able to easily manage attendees in regards to which sessions were "included" vs which they had to pay extra for... especially those that were broken into multiple sessions because of length. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent was our go-to solution for conference registration, but this year forced us to go virtual. We were pleasantly surprised by their virtual conference options and were happy that we could still hold our conference. They helped us with that forced transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cvent keeps productivity and efficiency high, saving time during the RFP process to secure business where we need it. It also consolidates several steps of our hotel procurement process, limiting the amount of other tools needed to do our job. This saves a tremendous amount of time and allows our employees the opportunity to do their job better. Additionally, in uncertain and unprecedented times such as what we are currently faced with, Cvent's integrations with WebEx and other providers have allowed us to transform our typically-live company annual Summit to become a virtual event this year. These tools have allowed us to maintain a positive company spirit among these tough times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain features lack customization, which would be helpful to avoid clutter and unnecessary info. There is not much else that I dislike about Cvent, as it really helps and doesn't hurt! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your due diligence, but I am confident you will find that Cvent is what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching various area hotels at once, consolidating/tracking responses, and saving time. Keeping all of this info to track/review in one spot is easier than going through various emails and spending the time sending all of those. Additionally, in uncertain and unprecedented times such as what we are currently faced with, Cvent's integrations with WebEx and other providers have allowed us to transform our typically-live company annual Summit to become a virtual event this year. These tools have allowed us to maintain a positive company spirit among these tough times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Cvent's suite of event planning software integrates everything in one place. From your contact list to your venue RFP process to speaker abstracts to registration to mobile app. With the addition of Cvent's Virtual Event Hub, which is an all-in-one option for live, online and hybrid events, it's everything you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You'll spend a pretty penny for the software; however the time and frustration it saves your event, sales and marketing teams is well worth the investment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cvent is a great all-in-one event management system that just keeps getting better. Although it's pricey, it's a great way for your organization to manage your events and output reportable data post-event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better visibility to sales and marketing teams using Salesforce integrations and reporting allows for timely follow-up with prospects, more appointments and ultimately more dollars in the door. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director/CEO
What do you like best?

The account manager, technical team, and supports assigned to guide our staff through the process is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial set of 1-hour meetings is a little challenging to stay on top of in terms of ramping up to understand the entire scope of what topics are being taught at each session. It might help to receive an outline ahead of time of the topics going to be covered with resource links that provide background, basic "Tech" vocabulary being covered, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to effectively pivot from our annual Face to Face conference (83rd Annual Conference) totally virtual. We are feeling comfortable in making the move through the tools and support provided by the CVENT team assisting and guiding ITEEA's staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Cvent Management has all the features that are needed to schedule and host an event. They have very

good and knowledgeable support team. The new release of Flex has been very helpful and enhanced the product features for Registration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The integration with other products needs proper documentation stating clearly what the integration can achieve and cannot achieve so that expectation are set before integration.

2.There are too many options and ways to achieve same thing. It will be helpful if the options are minimized .

3. With advent of virtual and hybrid type events in addition to physical event there needs to be away to select the type of event one wants to host during the build and enabling only menu options that are relevant to the event type selected more like a step by step workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Cvent very much to organize their events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting Events with out outside help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTM
What do you like best?

I like the rewards system, as well as the relevant tips and tricks of the trade earned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Instead of the pathway to paid services that cost an obscene amount of participation(certification costing 5000 points, and 5000 points taking literally MONTHS if not YEARS to accumulate) It would be nice to be offered something to boost my career at a more feasible cost. Im not asking for free, but come on. I have been on this system for a few years, and I still dont have enough to gain a Cvent endorsement on LinkedIn, or a certification to further my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I actually havent gained much insight, or "ah Hah" moments from cvent, as it is all pretty mundane information. We are all in Covid, I dont need a reminder from Cvent that "hybrid meetings" are a thing of today. I need ideas that I cannot fathom on my own, such as ways to think outside the purview of the obvious. Such as "video email"(your welcome) this is something that has been quite successful and I got the idea from another sales team when I shopped them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Administrator
What do you like best?

Using Cvent shortens the time spent on sourcing venues and just about removes the entire "manual" process of setting up a meeting or event by directly connecting you with multiple hotels and venues! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of communication between Cvent sales and account managers, regarding customer needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not be intimidated by the number of "a la cart" items they have. Just stick to what you know you will ABSOLUTELY use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent has completely changed my process of planning a major meeting or event. Just the reduction in labor time alone is the be benefit this utility has offered me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like the customer service. The people are friendly, courteous and eager to help solve any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the new Cvent platform. It looks like an outline rather than a robust website that is easy to use. The help section is also a problem. I don't feel that it addresses or answers questions well, so many times I end up having to have a chat or phone call with a representative. I also feel, that suggestions aren't heard. They're welcomed, but never considered. I also don't like how it integrates with Facebook ads. I'm unable to really launch ads to promote my events because of the need to use Facebook's pixel and standard event codes. I can't integrate them the way they need to be and Cvent isn't really set up to use them properly for ads. Registration is sometimes complicated for many of our invitees who need to modify their registrations. Often I end up having to help them on the phone to make changes to their registrations. We would like to be able to use the new virtual event platform to sync Zoom with our events, as all of our classes/events are now held online. However, the cost is very prohibitive for us to keep up with on an annual basis in addition to the overall cost of Cvent. Now that the world has gove mostly virtual, Cvent needs to come up with a more cost effective way to integrate the ability to connect virtual events with the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cvent is overall a good product for event planning. However, understand that there is truly a learning curve in using it and understanding all that you can do with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent is helping to better streamline our registration and database process. We've been better able to track our event participants, their payments, their information and what events and sessions they're attending during a given season. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Melody Tang of Cvent

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! I'm sorry to hear that your experience using Cvent hasn't always been so intuitive. I've shared your feedback with our product team as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Events Software Specialist
What do you like best?

- Attended the Tech Tour at 2019 Cvent Connect in Las Vegas, NV

- We wanted to see how Cvent themselves use all of the technologies (that we use) at their biggest user conference of the year - to gain insight firsthand and learn best practices, areas we were underutilizing, areas we didn't know existed, etc.

- My favorite part of the tour was visiting the Mobile App Helpdesk. The Tech Help Desk was staffed with Cvent product experts answering questions about the Cvent CONNECT mobile app. We like that aspect so much in fact, that we have actually incorporated a help desk for our mobile app into our largest annual conference now for the 4th year straight! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If anything, I wish there was more information they could have crammed into such a short amount of time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- The rolling out of the new Flex platform is still ironing out some issues but the classic version is a great option to atleast get started!

- CrowdCompass and OnArrival are both highly recommended by myself and my team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cvent, in general, has had a profound impact in my work over the course of the last 6 years in which I have been using the technology. When we made the transition from pre-printing over 2,500 badges for our largest annual event to using OnArrival360, it was one of the greatest decisions my department could have ever made. Not only did we save time and money, we were able to use that time saved to focus on other areas such as the event mobile app through CrowdCompass, and other aspects of the Cvent Event Management platform we previously had zero to little time to use in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Marketing Assistant
What do you like best?

It integrates with Marketing Cloud and has a comprehensive analytics and admin side. It integrated with our accounting system so taking payments through cvent is in compliance with our Corporate. You can create templates for other users which is good for keeping within brand guidelines. It is also far more comprehensive in features than other products like eventbrite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very outdated in terms of design flexibility and it isn't very intuitive in both finding pages as well as editing look and feel. Just doesn't feel like its a modern solution for event promotion. It's easy for users to go off brand as although templates can be created, they can't really be locked so colors and logos and images can be changed by event users a little too easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use marketing cloud and you need a full comprehensive event platform with all the admin features it might be a good option for big corporate companies. But from a design perspective it feels out dated so there may be better stand alone event software that would suit the needs better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's good for integrating with marketing cloud contacts and sending targeting event invites to lists. Registration process for payment integrates with our corporate system so it helps with compliance on that end as well.

I think for the needs of our company, this works well as we need to be very detailed in who we send invites too and make sure we are in compliance. However, as a creative in charge of creating cvent templates, its hard to realize benefits from a brand perspective as event design feels so limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Farah van Caloen of Cvent

Hi Sarah. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry to see you're not satisfied with the design flexibility and intuitiveness of our products. I'm going to reach out to your privately to see how I can help with the issues you're experiencing. We often hear from customers that they love the Flex Registration's ease of use and advanced design capabilities (without any coding) so I'm wondering if you haven't been migrated to Flex yet or if you haven't received a thorough onboarding. Whatever the issue is, I'm confident we can get it resolved! In the meantime, here's a link to all the Flex design resources.

See how Cvent improved
What do you like best?

Having all the tools to execute a seamless event in one system and the ability to connect it to your CRM is extremely efficient and saves an enormous amount of time while being extremely accurate. If you ever need assistance or have a question, there is always someone available to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no real downsides except it is expensive. I will note, cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using Cvent for 7 years. It can be a little challenging to learn all of its facets but Cvent offers so many different resources to obtain help. All you need to ask as Cvent wants you be successful. Cvent is definitely my partner and an extension of my event team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Besides having very professional emails, event websites, registration and event check-inprocess, we have eliminated so many manual hours of tracking event attendance in our CRM and also for offering CE credits and certificates. It’s like having another employee but you do not have sick days or vacations to deal with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.