Critical Mention Reviews & Product Details

Critical Mention Overview

What is Critical Mention?

The fastest, most reliable all-in-one PR and earned media platform featuring global media monitoring, a media contact database and robust analytics. Search results are easily analyzed, turned into actionable data and shared using Critical Mention's comprehensive Earned Media Suite. 24/7/365 customer support included with every subscription.

Critical Mention Details
English, French, Spanish

Critical Mention allows users to search global TV, radio, online news and social media, watch video, edit and internally share coverage, receive real-time email alerts, build reports, and analyze coverage through word clouds and graphs.

Critical Mention differentiates in several ways. We pride ourselves on being the fastest, easiest-to-use platform in the media monitoring and intelligence space. Since the company's inception, Critical Mention has been the leader in broadcast monitoring technology and in recent years has added state-of-the-art analytics, online news and social media monitoring features. The platform consistently delivers real-time search results to PR and communications professionals.

Two of Critical Mention's most important differentiators are the speed and reliability of the platform. Our capture network monitors more TV and radio coverage in the U.S. and Canada than any other provider, as well as content from online news, licensed print and social media sources. Critical Mention also provides every client with a dedicated account manager to ensure users get the most value possible out of the platform.

Critical Mention
2002
New York, NY
@criticalmention

Critical Mention Videos

Critical Mention Screenshots

Critical Mention Reviews

Showing 136 Critical Mention reviews
Already have Critical Mention?
What do you like best?

Critical Mention uses up-to-date feeds of content and activity notifications from a large selection of media channels. I use these tools to monitor stories important to my clients, track mentions of the companies I work with by media outlets,s and monitor social media, blogs, YouTube. When I have trouble finding a story, their 24/365 team helps me find mentions. The customer service is the best -and I have used numerous services during my 30+ career.

The software they use allows me to target specific keywords, mentions, or topics, and customize feeds to my liking. The reports are easy to read and I can send links of relevant updates and alerts to clients. I can store relevant mentions and/or posts for future reference and when necessary analyze findings with reporting features such as number and frequency of specific posts, impact on a client, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i don't like about the product. It is truly remarkable and makes me look good to my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Global search engine for television, radio, and podcasts allows me to monitor both local and international media monitoring. I can send my clients reports that analyze television, radio and podcasts and the platform enables me to search, view, and archive, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Eric, thank you so much for giving us such a remarkable review. We love to learn that your clients enjoy the reports you put together in our Earned Media Suite, and most importantly, that it makes you look good to your clients. We always strive to make our clients' jobs easier when it comes to media monitoring and reaching contacts through our database, so we're thrilled to see we're doing just that. It's a pleasure having you as a client of ours! Thanks again for the wonderful review.

What do you like best?

There are ample search features and criteria. While the speech to text isn't perfect, it is pretty good and very helpful in helping me find the content that I need through its functionality. It's convenient to have so many parameters to work with, especially because there can be issues with radio hosts misspeaking, saying our names or organization name incorrectly, so Critical Mention helps make up for this by having so many ways to do the searches such as Boolean, exact phrase, any of these words, etc. I'm impressed by the number of stations covered by the service and was satisfied when we first made a request to have more added and they did it very quickly. However, see my dislikes for why that became an issue later.. Also, the word cloud, and other analytics are great for tracking trends in our field over time to help us make decisions about our content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While there are an ample number of radio stations covered by the service, we've asked for more to be added. We've had issues with response from our representative at Critical Mention. While at first they replied that they would do their best to add the stations, they seemed to forget about us and I tried multiple times to get back in touch. When they finally replied they gave the same answer and then nothing was done. If they can't add the stations, that's fine, just let us know, but to leave us in the dark and stop assisting us is poor service. When we first made an account with the site, we received a decent training on all the features. However, there are so many things to remember and if we don't use some parameters, it's easy to forget how they work and how they can benefit us. It would be helpful if the tips on how to enter search phrases alongside the search bars, such as examples of how inserting asterisks or entering info in specific ways can make results appear either more broadly or more specifically to our direct inquiry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep thoroughly documented notes when receiving initial training because if you don't use some features for a period of time, you may forget how they work. Expect that after a couple months of being a customer of the site, you may feel that response from Critical Mention will be delayed and less helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping up with the national conversation on my company's main issue. It helps make it easier to see what's trending and when our main issues are in the news or other media. Based off the data we accumulate through Critical Mention, we're able to make decisions about the topics of our content and keep our productions relatable and relevant with what's being discussed across the country. Aside from these assets, the benefit of keeping track of our media presence over time is also a huge boon for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how social, broadcast, online and radio information is all saved in one place. It makes reporting a breeze. Before, I was searching for information in a variety of places and pulling things together in Word or PowerPoint. Now, I am able to clip things as they come in quickly. It then pulls everything together into one easy-to-read report. I love that it breaks things out into separate sections and allows flexibility to create different reports that highlight different things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the hashtag tracking feature extended beyond Twitter because Facebook and Instagram users also use our hashtag. I also find the interface a little cumbersome at times. While it does a lot, it is not intuitive, and I find myself unable to identify and/or use some of the features simply because I am unsure of how they work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Critical Mention can help you keep all of your media and social media tracking in one place. It provides peace of mind that you are on top of everything that is being said about your organization or brand. After a campaign, you can quickly pull results together for easy reporting with clients and management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I spend less time scrolling and searching for mentions. Instead of spending time clipping and formatting different pieces, I can pull it all together quickly. I am now able to get information to my clients much more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Shelby, we love your excitement for our Earned Media Suite's reports feature and appreciate your feedback on what else you'd like to see on our platform. Thanks for sharing how Critical Mention helps you quickly track mentions and pull clips. If you have any questions about how to utilize the platform, please reach out to your dedicated account manager so we can help you right away. Thanks again for the kind review!

President / CEO
What do you like best?

Media monitoring helps us determine our messaging results with every client. Clippings help them see the ROI of their campaigns with us, whether by traditional media, print, broadcast, or online... It's accurate, quick, and comprehensive - and a great backup to include with invoices so they can see the value of our work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cost is always a factor, but there is great value for our investment in the tool! There really isn't much to dislike. It's a great tool packed with options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out the platform thoroughly, ask as many questions as you can to the CM staff. They are very helpful and can bring you additional ideas to get the most out of the platform to benefit your campaigns and client needs and expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gauging benefit/impact of client campaigns, identifying new leads for outreach, opposition/competition research and analysis and overall inspiration! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Jeremy, we love hearing that you love our Earned Media Suite and our accurate, quick and comprehensive media monitoring. We are so happy that you are reaching out to our amazing account managers to learn how to best utilize the platform. We welcome all questions so that our users can take advantage of everything we have to offer, so we're happy to know you're doing just that. Thank you for sharing how we influence client campaigns and lead outreach. Your wonderful review truly brightened up our day!

What do you like best?

I like the many monitoring options available, as well as the editing tool for clips, but best of all is their customer service. Whenever I have a question or need, my rep helps me quickly and is very personable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For now they can't track value of radio clips/interviews, but I find that with other similar media monitoring companies. I understand they are working on offering this in the coming months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would always advise doing your homework, but Critical Mention is a strong and affordable option for media monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media monitoring reports help us determine what promotions or messaging got the best response throughout the year. Tracking KPI's is key, so being able to report earned media value is an important benefit for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Claudine, thank you for letting us know that we serve all of your media monitoring needs. We love seeing that you're taking advantage of what Wordplay, our proprietary video and audio editing tool, has to offer. We're always looking for feedback so we can tailor our Earned Media Suite to our clients' wants and needs. Our 24/7/365 support team will be thrilled to receive such a wonderful compliment, so thank you very much.

What do you like best?

The customized lists were easy to navigate and sort. We were able to search for and track topics pretty easily and quickly get results to help analyze trends and what media was saying about a specific candidate or issue.

The cost was great compared to other services that may have a flashier interface or more services than the basic Critical mention we had.

It's very easy to export and share stories via their newsletter feature. Looking back, I believe we underutilized this aspect as it is an easy way to tailor a group of stories.

We didn't renew our contract because we have new elected leadership at our organization every two years and they'll decide what platform to use. I'll be suggesting they seriously look into signing back on with Critical Mention in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I often was able to find unique articles that weren't populating in the critical mention searches. I wish the media contacts were available earlier, that new feature would've been a massive help when first getting started and creating press lists, after I created those, it being an extra fee didn't make financial sense for us to essentially help update our current lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not renewing your contract, you need to clearly tell them as the standard language has an auto renew feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great way to go ahead and find a story that you may need to help push your narrative and to track what people are saying about you or members of your team or any specific issue you've been pushing in the media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Andrew, thank you for sharing your feedback on using the Critical Mention Earned Media Suite. We're happy to see you love our report-sharing feature. Our goal is to provide an easy-to-use platform to help people track and share their mentions and also acquire media contacts. Please remember we provide 24/7/365 support, so you can reach out to us at any time or schedule a time to get a platform refresher. We appreciate hearing from you and hope to hear from you soon.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Critical Mention is the ability to monitor live TV and radio broadcasts for keywords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love it if I could export a captured TV or radio clip. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't speak to the setup of Critical Mention, as it was in place before I joined the organization. However, with one training session, it's extremely easy to use and captures more media coverage than other tools that cost far more money. It's a great, affordable media monitoring software tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Critical Mention allows us to track mentions of our organization on social media, web, television and radio all from a single platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Jeremy, thank you so much for sharing your experience using Critical Mention’s Earned Media Suite. Our real-time media monitoring is something we pride ourselves on and we love to hear back from clients on how useful this is. We appreciate you sharing how easy-to-use and cost-effective our Earned Media Suite is. If you need help sharing and exporting reports with team members, please let us know and we’ll be more than happy to help. Also, feel free to check out our Podcast Monitoring and Media Contact Database that we've recently added to the platform this year.

UG
What do you like best?

Simplified and easy to use dashboard, can easily generate/email reports and save the same article(s) under multiple other reports. Super functional! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some industry trade publications (those highlighting keywords) are not displaying as part of the search results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use distinct keyword search terms to narrow your search and prevent from producing a large sample. For those in the aviation industry, know that certain airlines use "airlines" as two words - ex. Delta Air Lines (important when utilizing search feature). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A one-stop-shop to search articles on one platform and generate reports of these articles in a way that is visually appealing (with images, video clips) to executives. The summary function is a great tool and gives the reader the option to either skip reading or "click" to read in its entirety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

We appreciate your wonderful review about your experience utilizing our easy-to-use Earned Media Suite. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager so they can help you with your saved searches. We're very happy to learn that you have solved problems by generating reports and sending them to executives on our platform. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

What do you like best?

We receive pitches all the time from other competitors and no one measures up. They capture television segments even when they are not word captioned which is huge when pitching smaller local markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside is when there are disputes with cable providers, when media groups do not want their channels monitored or hen there are issues monitoring. Even in these situations Critical Mention will reach out to the station directly and see if they can get the the footage that you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understanding boolean will greatly help with your search and understand that when you are using word caption not all stations will spell the information correctly so try different variations of the same name or phrase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We capture clips for our clients to let them see that their produced content aired in their desired markets. It is one thing to send a client a log from a station that their content aired but when they can actually see it it makes the transaction "REAL". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Dear Tameeka,

It excites us to see you say that no other media monitoring company measures up to our Critical Mention platform. Our goal is to provide earned media mentions for all kinds of markets, and we're happy to learn that we provide the perfect solutions for you and your clients. Thank you for sharing how your Critical Mention dedicated account manager goes out of their way to meet your needs. We're always striving to provide the best earned-media service, and we are delighted to have received your kind feedback.

See how Critical Mention improved
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and how simple the layout is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are media outlets the service does not capture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend folks take advantage of the support provided by Critical Mention. They are always available and very willing to help with set up and help me get what I need from the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me show executives the value of our media relations campaigns in terms of audience reached and earned media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Hi Jen, thank you for sharing your experience using Critical Mention's Earned Media Suite. One of our biggest goals to make sure our platform is easy to use, so we're happy to learn that's been your experience! Please feel free to reach out to your account manager to learn more about how we can add certain media outlets so you can track them. As you kindly mentioned, we're always available and here to help you make the best of our services. We appreciate hearing from you!

AP
What do you like best?

If you're looking for a powerful platform that both monitors media (including broadcast) AND has an accurate media database Critical Mention is for you. This week alone Critical Mention's monitoring has saved my team twice by providing lightning fast alerts on some important news we were waiting for...this capability absolutely helped my team execute on something very important and made us look great to our client. Can't ask for anything more than that. In addition, we have a dedicated account exec who is beyond helpful. The support is GREAT and much better than what I've experienced in the past from larger players in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. Some of the media contacts need to be updated but their platform makes it very easy to request further information on particular contacts. So far, I have been able to get contact details for every reporter I've needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reliable, accurate and fast media monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you so much for letting us know how much our Earned Media Suite means to you. We're beyond excited to see that our lightning-fast alerts have helped your agency and its clients. We pride ourselves on our real-time monitoring and superior customer service, so we're thrilled to know that your platform experience and relationship with your account manager has contributed to the best media monitoring experience you've ever had!

UP
What do you like best?

It has been a very effective tool in helping my department gathering coverage on our clients and creating media reports. It's so easy to use when watching, editing and sharing coverage. Can't think of anything else like it, honestly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. It's overall an AMAZING tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best tool out there for media monitoring, especially for all my public relations/communications people! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the need to see where we are mentioned in the media landscape. Overall, love that I can keep track of coverage on businesses/clients in my industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you very much for giving us such a wonderful review. We're thrilled to learn that you and your clients greatly enjoy the coverage tracking and report building features our Earned Media Suite has to offer. Thanks again!

AL
What do you like best?

Critical Mention proved its worth when Lake Havasu City received a surprise shout-out during the 90th Academy Awards in 2018, with an estimated audience worldwide of nearly 27 million people. As a small-town destination management organization employing only seven people full-time, the free and fortuitous publicity we received completely caught us off guard. Without Critical Mention, we would not have been able to track and report the massive coverage we received from media outlets around the world. I like how easy it is to prepare custom reports to share internally and with stakeholders. The analytics are easy to understand and see at a glance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We get too many weather forecast mentions for our city in our daily digest. There should be a filter so users can exclude this content. Also, I would like to see more social media coverage on the platform. The only option currently provided to us is Twitter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your account is set to receive the daily digest. This setting was turned off in our account for reasons unknown to us, and we weren't receiving it for some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On the Media Room section of our website, we have an extensive list of links to stories that highlight Lake Havasu City tourism. We use Critical Mention to keep this page up-to-date. My supervisor uses it when he prepares reports to our Board of Supervisors. We have also used it to track the publicity we receive when we send b-roll of special events to TV news programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our Critical Mention platform. It brings us great joy to learn that our earned media platform has helped you track and report the media coverage you need. Our social media monitoring also allows users to track Facebook and YouTube in addition to Twitter. We'd be happy to help you set those up, so please contact your account manager if you'd like to get started. We're also happy to let you know that more social networks will soon be added to the platform.

Thank you for sharing you and your supervisor's awesome experience while utilizing our customizable reports and detailed analytics features. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide the best earned-media service out there.

UP
What do you like best?

You can filter your searches any which way you need, and if you know what you're looking for you'll eventually find it. Broadcast monitoring can be difficult, but this tool does a pretty good job with the transcription. You can also edit your clips to the relevant snippets, which I like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the snippets are difficult to edit, or the timing with the transcript and the spoken words to match-up. It's a bit glitchy, and some of the UX feels outdated. But overall, It's still a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our client wanted to get a better sense of their broadcast reach, and this was the perfect tool to pick up those mentions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for sharing your great experience using our platform. We're happy to know you enjoy the Critical Mention platform's filtering, editing and transcription features. We're always working on providing the best service and customer experience, so we really appreciate all of your feedback. As always, please feel free to reach out to your account manager if you need assistance with the platform. Glad we could provide the perfect media tools for you and your clients!

AL
What do you like best?

Critical Mention does a great job of helping us to find mentions of our company in the media Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software can lag when you have keywords or phrases with tens of thousands of mentions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Critical Mention helps us to find mentions of our company and events in the media and to assign an earned media value to those mentions. This is extremely helpful to demonstrate ROI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

The daily digests and ease of platform make it seamless for my team to pull daily clips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the service would allow our team to see PDFs of print pickup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to pull a wider range of broadcast and radio clips, increasing my team's exposure to press coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for sharing your Critical Mention Experience. We're happy to see you've been able to increase your team's exposure to press coverage by pulling clips and tracking your mentions in our Earned Media Suite. If you have any questions regarding how to manage the platform, please reach out to your dedicated account manager. Thanks again for the kind review!

What do you like best?

The ease it brings to my job and how thorough the reports are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find exactly the the TV spot I'm looking for without taking hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This service is extremely helpful for media monitoring. Save all searches you'll possibly need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Critical Mention is helping us measure accomplishments from year to year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for sharing how we can bring some ease to your job with our reports and media monitoring features. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager so we can help specify your Search. We offer 24/7 support, so we’re always here to make your job easier. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how much you love Critical Mention!

AP
What do you like best?

Perhaps the best feature is that Critical Mention is a true partner, not just a vendor. That goes a long way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only real drawback is that not every media outlet is included. The missing outlets are few (Financial Times was a particular problem), but that's a FT issue, not a CM issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a PR agency we need to report results to clients in a meaningful way. Critical Mention allows us to do that seamlessly. We replaced a combination of two reporting tools with Critical Mention late last year. While the other platforms we used were capable, they were not nearly as robust. Additionally, Critical Mention combines all the reporting services we need in one simple package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you very much for your kind review. It makes us extremely happy to know the Critical Mention platform has been beneficial to your agency and its clients! We're thrilled you chose our platform, and we look forward to continuing to provide monitoring and reporting services that benefit your agency. We appreciate the wonderful review and thank you for your loyalty to Critical Mention.

UP
What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to clip broadcast clips and find online articles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how the print clips did not show the actual PDF version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending clips to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for sharing your great experience with Critical Mention! Please keep in mind that you can save clips to a report and export the report as a PDF. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our 24/7/365 support. Thanks again for the nice review.

See how Critical Mention improved
What do you like best?

We have used Critical Mention for a number of years and found it to be a very effective tool to help gather information for a wide variety of clients we service. Not only is it easy to use, it’s also intuitive, so the learning curve is minimal. Interns just walking in the door can quickly become experts with little or no assistance. Our clients love it to as we can find, edit and send clips in a matter of minutes. It has been a great product for us, saving time, money and resources. The staff is also wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, it's very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring media coverage for a wide variety of clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Dear Kim, thank you for sharing your Critical Mention platform experience. We are thrilled to have you as a long-time customer and excited that our platform is a valuable resource to you, new team members and your clients. We strive to make our platform as resourceful and easy to use as possible and it excites us to read your feedback and see we’re doing just that. Thank you!

IM
What do you like best?

I like how simplistic it is to use and how it gives you the exact numbers of reach and likely cost of publicity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a little busy looking, but it doesn't bother me too much Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of my business and other businesses in my industry. We use it to keep track of industry trends Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience using our platform. We love hearing back from marketing/advertising companies, and we're delighted to learn that we provide all of the metrics you need and that our Earned Media Suite is easy to use.

UN
What do you like best?

We really appreciate the responsiveness of our dedicated account manager and how friendly and open they are to questions. As a non-profit organization new to media monitoring, they have been patient and receptive to all of our questions and feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Coming from a large PR and Marketing firm here in the state, I have worked with other media monitoring platforms. With Critical Mention, I have noticed on numerous occasions that some of our clips/mentions are missed. I am either alerted to them by Google Alerts (which we used to broadly monitor prior to on-boarding with CM), or I know that they aired because we coordinated the opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Critical Mention is a great tool for teams trying to understand their reach and sentiment in the marketplace. Their monitoring services are broad and thorough, and they are working on improving every day. The differentiating factor with Critical Mention is the customer service. They are bright, helpful, patient and always looking for ways to make your experience with Critical Mention easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the need to see where we are mentioned in the media landscape. We are realizing how broad our messaging is and that we were missing over 50% of our mentions by trying to monitor our coverage manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

Thank you very much for letting us know how helpful your dedicated account manager has been. It's our goal to make sure our clients get the assistance they need during any time of the day. We appreciate you sharing your coverage experience and are always adding sources to our platform. This year alone, we've added hundreds of broadcast and online sources to our platform. We'd be happy to help adjust and refine your searches, so please feel free to contact us so we can help provide the best service. Thanks, again!

What do you like best?

You can create a media report directly in the software and customize everything. Simple to use and comprehensive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it is easier to use and more accurate than Meltwater Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring client mentions in media, print and online, as well as social media. Measuring value of mentions is amazing too Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Priscilla Osorio of Critical Mention

What an amazing review! We love to see that you’re utilizing our report building and media monitoring features for you and your clients. Please feel free to reach out if you’re interested in learning about our newest features and additions to our Earned Media Suite. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Instructor
What do you like best?

Critical Mention makes my job easier - when it comes to reporting for large campaigns that garner significant broadcast hits, there's no better tool. Their "wordplay" mechanism allows me to build reports unlike any other platform so clients can review, watch, and listen to any relevant hits. If I ever experience any confusion or concerns with the platform, our rep always answers my emails and calls to ensure everything runs smoothly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform's boolean search can take time to learn but with the help of our incredible rep and a very smooth onboarding process, it's easy to replicate other searches to maximize results! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Never before have we had the capabilities to monitor broadcast hits so smoothly. Prior to having Critical Mention, we had a difficult time reporting on broadcast hits and creating visually appealing reports for clients. The reports our clients now have provide them with full visibility - they can even watch TV clips right within their report! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.