Coveragebook.com Reviews & Product Details

What is Coveragebook.com?

We help busy PR professionals build great reports. Fast. You worked hard to earn that coverage. So when you succeed you want to show off and get some recognition. Problem is you're busy and pulling PR reports together is mind numbingly boring. Shouldn't you be planning your next genius campaign? Not up all night cutting and pasting! Cutting out screenshots, manually searching for the latest website visits. We make it super-easy for you to add your coverage and get it ready to show-off! In minutes. Not days.

Coveragebook.com Screenshots

1-25 of 82 total Coveragebook.com reviews

Coveragebook.com Reviews

1-25 of 82 total Coveragebook.com reviews
Miss Donna Hill

"The best method of collating media coverage that I’ve ever used!"

What do you like best?

Coveragebook.com is without a doubt the best method of collating media coverage that I’ve used in more than 25 years in the PR industry.

It’s quick and easy to use and generates professional looking reports that can be issued straight to clients. The drag and drop function is particularly impressive.

What do you dislike?

The system doesn’t provide all the statistics that we are sometimes asked for by clients, but the excellent presentation of the cuttings outweighs this minor inconvenience. Only a handful of our clients have actually requested more detailed information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is definitely worth taking advantage of the free trial period, which enables you to create sample Coverage Books that you can share with clients and colleagues before making a purchase.

We are solving the problem of presenting clients with monthly reports quickly and cost effectively. In the past, we have spent hours scanning cuttings and designing presentation documents. Coveragebook.com is quick and easy to use.

Technical Support at Student Computing Services
Higher Education

"Coverage Book saved me so much time making presentations for our clients! "

What do you like best?

I love how you can just paste the links and all of the screenshots are done for you. This made it so easy to just copy paste all of the links I had in my Excel sheet and create a professional, creative looking press book for our client.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it cuts off some of the words when taking the screenshots, but it is not super hard to fix by manually taking a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using coverage book to showcase your PR media coverage and client work. Saves a lot of time and organizes a beautiful, professional looking press book.

We are solving the problem of the time consumption it takes to make press books and showing our clients all of the media coverage we have gotten them. I used to screenshot articles manually and it took so long to compile a document with all of these screenshots. Coveragebook easily compiles all of the screenshots and labels them, shows statistics on views, and gives you the option to be creative with it so that it gives a professional and attractive look.

Program Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Great coverage reporting tool!"

What do you like best?

Coverage Book is a fast, simple way to collect all your online and print coverage in one place. It's comprehensive, including a screenshot, a link back to the article and social stats. Plus, it's easy to share with clients by either a link or downloading the book.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screenshots do not automatically work or are broken, but you do have the capability of taking your own screenshot to replace it. For larger coverage books it would be nice to have some kind of clickable table of contents to easily move between sections. There is no Twitter integration, so social stats are incomplete, but still helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tool to showcase your coverage this is a great one. Before we were manually taking screenshots of articles to share with the client, so usually would just choose to highlight some of the coverage. The Coverage Book allows us to comprehensively share all coverage, which is nice especially for our larger accounts.

The time saved to collect and share all coverage in a visually appealing way is a game-changer! Also, when we have large amounts of coverage being able to share a link is a great option instead of having to send a large file over email.

Internal Communications Consultant
Research

"Save time while giving your coverage its best shape"

What do you like best?

Zero setup needed. Just paste your on-line coverage links (or fb/tw/yt links as well) and Coveragebook will build in seconds an awesome web page showing your articles with title, date, sharings and other useful analytics. You can upload also your offline coverage files (PDFs&video) and showcase all your PR outcomes. After uploading and putting in order your pieces of news, you can also add customized separators and download everything in a fantastic PDF presentation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not recognize properly data about publication, title and date, so I'm always verifying articles and clippings one by one. But it's nothing compared to making screenshots and collecting data one piece at a time!!

Also, I don't really trust the estimated metrics included in the system. Fortunately, you can easily hide them with a couple of clicks.

Last, when you generate PDFs of coverage reports, clippings sometimes become unreadable because font size decrease with pages that are scaled down to fit the landscape orientation of the presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're struggling in the coverage review battlefield, Coveragebook is really worth a try.

Coveragebook gives PR people the possibility to showcase their outcomes in a very professional way without spending precious hours in presentation design. As a freelancer (= one-man-band) I need to concentrate on added value activities instead of report design with Power Point. Thanks to Coveragebook.com my coverage presentations are not worse than those created by famous PR agencies.

Founder and Owner

"It's brilliant!"

What do you like best?

I have had a PR agency for over 15 years and one of the biggest drains on our time was preparing the PR coverage document and trying to find the circulation details, whether it got shared on social and all the other little things that build up the picture for our clients. I was SO pleased to find Coveragebook.com as it has changed everything for us! I have now been sharing the app with all my PR friends and we are all in agreement that it is absolutely brilliant and saves us hours of time and money.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! I would like to be able to customise the front cover and add a page of text on the platform but coveragebook.com offers ways to get around that pretty simply.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't recommend this product highly enough! For anyone that is working in PR and wants a document that shows all their PR coverage, this app is awesome! We have even put together our own 'brag book' using CB which we can show to clients if they want to now a bit more about us. I love it and am always telling other PR professionals about it. It's brilliant!

It saves an enormous amount of time (which is also money when you are paying someone to do the research) and provides a professional looking document that I can send my client to. I love that it also offers the number of links and the social shares.

Account Director
Public Relations and Communications

"Great tool for beautiful coverage reports to showcase your hard work"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - pull in links and they do the rest. It grabs nice screenshots, helps you design a finished piece for clients with very little time and effort.

What do you dislike?

They should have better one-time use pricing for folks who only need big reports a few times a year. They are likely missing out on business opportunities for people who do not want to spend $99/month for a service they use 2x a year.

Also they need to work on sites that increasingly have launch ads at the beginning before you get to content - it often screengrabs those instead of the content itself.

Coverage reports for clients for a PR agency - this is usually time intensive and also requires us to design something nice looking to impress execs. This tool does most of the work and allows you to showcase your top level work.

Proprietor

"PR Dreams Come True "

What do you like best?

CoverageBook has saved me so much time and energy. Not to mention the software's customer service is amazing— Alan has been prompt and so helpful! We have already recommended this platform to several friends and colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's a great platform. It would be great to have more resources for finding print circulation numbers, but that seems like a long term ask :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

We used to report our clients' coverage with Excel. CoverageBook is faster and more user friendly, its analytics are a great bonus for our clients', and the final product that we deliver looks so sharp!

Vice President
Public Relations and Communications

"Time saving PR reporting with professional polish"

What do you like best?

Love the functionality and automated metrics. We used some of the same tools and methods to manually collect data and imagery, this puts it in one place and streamlines the process. I like that the reports can be shared via a link and are also downloadable with customization options. Downloading the browser widget to add links to your Coverage Books is a great added benefit and time-saver, too. I like that you can now use one credit to upload a story, but you can feature the same story in different books.

What do you dislike?

Not much! New updates happen all the time, and they are very quick to implement user feedback. I've seen several new capabilities and value-added offers come through. It would be nice to have videos automatically play, whether from YouTube or Vimeo, etc. Also, in a perfect world, we could align with our media monitoring tools and drop hits right in to custom reports -- especially for broadcast monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Coverage Book staff offers a great trial period, and they're very responsive with any feedback. Within a week or two of signing up, they had implemented several things that we asked about during our trial. Use the chat function to ask questions and share what works best for you, and I'm sure they'll help find a good fit for your needs.

As an agency, Coverage Book provides a lot of time compared to manually pulling links, screen shots, logos and researching metrics from different sources. It gives a nice professional polish to our reports, and the ability to easily share a link in real-time or download a PDF for file sharing and record keeping.

Owner and Principal
(Myself Only)

"Time Saving Solution for the One-Woman-Show"

What do you like best?

When I started my own public relations consulting firm, I didn't realize just how much time I would need to dedicate to administrative tasks. As I began to see time taken away from serving clients, I started my search for tools that would help me save time while completing necessary tasks. CoverageBook has been a god-send. Instead of spending hours compiling coverage reports, I can quickly and easily aggregate media hits for my clients. Not only are the PDF reports beautiful and easy to understand -- I can also provide my clients with live links to their CoverageBook so that they can watch the stories rack up. I can continue to complete proactive PR strategies while CoverageBook does the hard work for me. I've also used it to create my own portfolios to track my entire career's worth of hits!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about CoverageBook. It rocks.

CoverageBook allows me, as a consultant working on my own, to eliminate an extremely time consuming task while increasing the data I can provide to my clients and helping me to show them the true value of my services! I have saved money and time thanks to this tool, all providing materials to clients that are more organized and professional than I could create on my own.

Managing Partner
Sports

"A unique product with GREAT response time"

What do you like best?

My usage of Coverage Book is a bit different then that of PR professionals. I am a sports agent and in my case I wanted to be able to show value back to sponsors either via product placement that shows up in national / regional media and to show the athletes where all of there interviews & photoshoots they have been doing on the Road to Rio end up. It has been both a teaching tool for the athletes and show them the value of all of the interviews and show them the reach of it.

The ability to drag and drop weblink into their platform has primarily been terrific.

Coverage Book's response time to questions has been outstanding. They get back to you within 36 hours it seems like. I am in Los Angeles and they are in Great Britain. I have really liked that part to this.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes have been minor. Their are some functionality things that they will get better with in the future, but they seem to always want to help out. They need to have a bit more flexibility on the platform for all of the ways that the message/media can be shared. With outlets using Instagram and Twitter previewing an article I can hope in the future that the platform can use that for measuring as well. The crop tool hasn't quite worked for me yet, but like I said they really work hard to try and please. Their are so many different internet browsers (i.e. / safari / chrome, etc) that this may be affecting me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if your in the PR business that you should use this and start to save your company a lot of time. You can still do what your doing traditionally but for the heavy work load of PR clippings this is the way to do it in the 21st century.

I want to show sponsors value for their investment in my clients. They may have an outside agency, they may not. I am able to give them something that possibly my competition is not doing. You start to understand the reach of many different outlets some maybe you should do more with, some you do less with but you understand the total reach a lot better.

Writer, Branded Content
Internet

"Quality product meets quality customer service"

What do you like best?

I think the part that attracted me the most is the "Solo PR" plan. There aren't many services out there that offer affordable service to the freelance/solo PR practitioner. For a small monthly fee, I'm able to provide my clients with beautiful coverage reports that give them insight as to how their campaigns are progressing. I also enjoy the fact that I can add an intern or two to a project if I need to for FREE! I would definitely recommend this to others who do freelancing work or are even part of an agency.

What do you dislike?

The main points that I'm "disliking" are that reports aren't able to pull Twitter shares yet. This is a feature that I believe they are working on and one that will be nice to have. The other is that offline coverage requires you to manually input metrics. Now this isn't a huge deal if you are a solo person that has smaller accounts but for a bigger agency, this might take a moment for those who are compiling all this together. It would be fantastic if down the line, (keep in mind I dream big) would maybe develop their own monitoring software that would flow into these reports - a one-stop shop if you will.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basically, if you want to save time on putting together client coverage reports, you NEED this product.

The benefits I have found are:

1) My clients get better and more accurate results on their coverage as, again, there aren't many affordable tools like this for solo PR practitioners.

2) The metrics included on these reports by themselves are easily digestible for anyone. This makes the process of understanding and measuring success much easier.

3) The time it took originally to make press clippings and to track down all the leads from each piece of content as reduced dramatically. It's all right there as soon as you upload your links to coverage.

Manager of Media Relations
Higher Education

"Coverage Books improves my workflow "

What do you like best?

Coverage Books makes it easy to display media placements and is 10x quicker than my previous process of saving/copying/pasting, etc. into InDesign. They are constantly improving the platform and send tips which prove to be helpful to me and my team as we prove results.

What do you dislike?

I look forward to CB continuing to update the customizable reports, but am super happy with it currently.

The issue of the amount of time it takes to compile a media report with images and a full clip is solved with Coverage Books. I can easily share the report with clients and it makes making annual reports a snap.

Event Coordinator
Public Relations and Communications

"A must-use for PR media tracking"

What do you like best?

My first thought after using Coveragebook: Imagine how much time I would've saved as an intern! I can't say enough great things about how easy this tool is to use and how much time and headache it saves a PR professional who is tracking and reporting their clients' media presence and ROI from media coverage. The result is a polished report that clients will be excited to see (and you will be proud to present).

What do you dislike?

No dislikes! Using the tool saves me a ton of time (and time is money). It even alerts me if I duplicate a link so I don't use up credits on accident.

Creating media trackers with metrics have never been so easy (and enjoyable, I might add) with Coveragebook. The process is easy and my report is consistent and polished. A perfectionist's dream!

Account Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Coveragebook Shows Value of PR"

What do you like best?

Coveragebook pulls clips from a variety of media sources into a eye-appealing easy-to-use design. Our clients can easily see the impact of these media hits and enjoy scrolling through the PDF. And they can save the PDF to use in their own meetings to show the value of PR.

What do you dislike?

While they have added the ability to add coverage on social media sites, we are still waiting on these clips to include relevant statistics like number of followers or shares.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a free trial aspect that you can take advantage of before spending money.

Our company is using Coveragebook as a means to track the coverage our client gets via the media opportunities we set up. It puts a number and value to PR that is sometimes difficult to express. A benefit is that our clients can easily see the value before their eyes.

Owner
Music

"Coverage Book is the #1 tool for entry-level online PR reports."

What do you like best?

The UI.

It's really quick and simple for someone who has little to no experience in online PR/marketing tools to pick this up, dump a bunch of URLs and create a useful, pretty report.

What do you dislike?

The lack of Twitter is a little frustrating but it is not a deal breaker as you can get that information from elsewhere and then manually add it in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's such a low-risk product to test - and the support is so good. If you're looking for a way to efficiently create reports for PR or content marketing projects, this is a pretty good place to start.

Coverage Book has provided an efficient way to curate key PR and content marketing metrics and turn them into tangible, meaningful reports. It allows us to add substance to the phrase "brand awareness" or "exposure" and actually give these words meaning.

Assistant Director of Communications

"Fantastic product"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of making coverage books and the fact I don't have to learn a system. Just cut and paste URLs. I like how the product is continually evolving. It's super handy to have the product available in so many formats so that I can tailor it to my client. I love that we have a tool to share metrics now; our social media team uses super robust metric monitoring, and we haven't had a comparable tool before now. I really like that we can click through to the coverage while in the book.

What do you dislike?

I wish the social media metrics updated automatically when I open my book; although I'm thrilled you guys have the refresh button it would be great if it was automatic. I wish the metrics were more accurate and I could know with more confidence that the numbers are right. The images could also use some work; I often have to go in and fix those. Same thing with the headlines; I wish those were more intuitive and didn't require me to go in and fix them. The layouts are fairly basic and pedestrian; I wish I could customize a layout once and then leave it for all of my books going forward. It would also be great to bucket my books in various ways, perhaps with a tagging functionality, as my client could differ but the type of PR/outreach is the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic, easy tool designed to showcase coverage. While not perfect, this is the holy grail of PR and measuring impact and this product is well on its way.

I've been able to showcase campaign coverage in minutes and in a format that's widely shareable.

Senior Vice President
Public Relations and Communications

"One of the Best PR Tools!"

What do you like best?

Coverage Book takes the mundane and time consuming busy work out of monthly PR reports. With just a click, each piece of online coverage has stats, screenshots/clips, social shares and other important data a client wants to see. To say it saves me hours and hours of work is an understatement. With the added perk of Excel downloads, all numbers can be added quickly for various client needs. I am so happy I found this tool! I could not live without it now.

What do you dislike?

I just wish the offline press function automatically could add stats in too. However, it is very easy to go in and add thecirculation numbers I find on Cision or from a magazine's media kit. Otherwise, I can honestly say there is nothing I dislike about the tool at all. It has been so helpful in so many ways. I do not know what I would do without it.

This solves the time consuming aspects of building monthly PR reports and gathering data manually. Clients are extremely happy with the layout and how easy it is to make sense of each placement. It is FANTASTIC. I can not sing the praises of Coverage Book enough.

Operations Director

"Coverage Book is tool that has massively freed up our time to focus on open digital PR campaigns."

What do you like best?

Simple and intuitive interface that made reporting on digital PR campaigns an absolute breeze. The tool gathers all social shares, SEO metrics and estimated impressions automatically, which is a big plus as we don't need to rely on several different tools to gather all the data.

These reports have certainly improved our clients' experience as well. They can easily download the report as a PDF or CSV, for further analysis, whilst still having access to a mobile-friendly report that includes campaign data and media coverage all in one place.

We feel that Coverage Book allows us to truly showcase the value of each feature we get for our clients, thanks to the screenshots, clickable links to the placement, social sharing data, SEO metrics, estimated views and the possibility of tracking whether backlinks to the client site were added to each feature or not.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of one thing I dislike, the tool has been getting better and better with time.

It would be good to have a private space for clients but that's something the Coverage Book team is working on as far as I'm aware. And we've also requested the possibility of having public access to our portfolio of reports for specific campaigns in order to use them as part of our case study information during sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go by accessing the trial and check if it's the right tool for your organisation. The compilation process is so simple that it can be easily automated and delegated to an entry level team member.

My team used to spend countless hours compiling reports for the visual content marketing campaigns we launch for our clients on a daily basis. Considering that we launch a minimum of 4 campaigns every week, you can imagine how much time used to be spent on the reporting stage alone.

Since we've started using Coverage Book, we managed to free up big chunks of our time that we can now spend on relationship building once a campaign has been closed.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Super easy way to keep track of client hits"

What do you like best?

You can pull coverage from both links and sources from your computer. You can also sort information using a variety of formats (name, date added, etc). It also develops very nice looking reports that are helpful to both us and our clients.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the site is a bit overwhelming. Also, sometimes it pulls screenshots of advertisements when pulling from a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't always have to upload your own screenshots -- if you upload a link, CoverageBook automatically takes screenshots for you, saving you so much time!

I am able to keep track of all types of client coverage as well as their circulation. Plus, the clients can easily access all of this data. It's a very simple tool to use.

"Great product - Incredible customer service. "

What do you like best?

I've been using Coveragebook for about six months and it has saved us a huge amount of time and effort. Recently, we had confusion about pricing and the CEO reached out to help us. That level of customer service you cannot find anywhere. Thank you for being such a great company to work with!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have really liked the Coveragebook product.

Reporting documents for clients.

C

"On a Scale of 1 to 10, CoverageBook's a 12"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to quickly, visually show clients the earned media for their project.

What do you dislike?

No ability to aggregate reach analytics. While each story provides analytics for that one specific outlet, it would be great if there was a way to provide aggregated reach analytics for a story that appeared in say 200 outlets. . .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unequivocally recommend CoverageBook. It will save you time and your clients will love seeing their stories and analytics in this highly visual format.

Clients love being able to actually see (and share) how their stories appeared online. The ability to upload and use alternate images enables us to choose the best graphics/images for a given story. The time we've saved using CoverageBook can't even be calculated. It would have taken hours, if not days, to compile the data CoverageBook puts at our fingertips.

Founder | Blogger
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Impressive coverage books and a refreshing no quibble refund policy on automated renewals"

What do you like best?

The online coverage evaluation is completely automated, saving significant time. The PDF's look great on the screen and print out well too. Saves so much time and are always well received by clients. Fantastic tool for media coverage and for case studies. Thanks Coverage Book team - keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

As an ad-hoc user, the auto renew sometimes catches me out, however the team have a no quibble refund policy on automated renewals which is very refreshing!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a free-trial, so you may as well give it a go!

Delivering media coverage evaluations to clients and providing case study examples to new business clients

AF

"Metrics with the minimum of fuss"

What do you like best?

We don’t have the budget to monitor media so having a subscription to Coverage Book helps me to archive and compile a really professional press book that I can share with my Directors. I particularly love the fact that the metrics for online copy is all worked out for you and the totals are displayed clearly with the minimum of fuss!

What do you dislike?

I get frustrated that I still have to manually retrieve metrics for off line content. It would also be great to integrate video content and social media in some way.

I work for a not-for-profit touring circus specialising in free, relaxed and inclusive performances for children with additional needs or from disadvantaged backgrounds. A part of my role, as Community Engagement Manager, is to promote Circus Starr locally, regionally and nationally. It’s quite a challenge to secure media coverage as we are the only UK circus to travel every other day when on tour so I like to have a record of the press we’ve secured with circulation figures and advertising value equivalent to show the return on the time I've invested.

PR Account Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Coveragebook is an effective and helpful tool when managing a client's coverage"

What do you like best?

The online coverage generator, it's so simple, you just copy and paste the URL link and it takes photos of your coverage, which you can easily save off as jpegs, and it automatically provides you with all of the information a client would be interested in such as circulation, estimate coverage views and DA.

What do you dislike?

There's not much! Very rarely the link in your coverage isn't recognised but that was rectified quickly by the team at Coveragebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the perfect tool if you generate a lot of online PR coverage for your clients.

It's a real time saver tool and a good presentation format for your clients,

Director

"Fast and efficient tool"

What do you like best?

The layout is dynamic and super easy to use. The examples can get you started and you are able to replace them with your own book info. It's really easy to use and looks great.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like about it so far from what I've seen. It's a viable and interesting way to promote.

So far its helped me in terms of media PR layout. I'm excited about the prospects of using it regularly.

Coveragebook.com User Ratings

9.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* PR Analytics Category
Do you work for Coveragebook.com?