CosmoLex Reviews & Product Details

CosmoLex Overview

What is CosmoLex?

CosmoLex is the only total solution that includes 100% compliant law office accounting (No QuickBooks Required!) along with legal billing & practice management. Built-in IOLTA trust accounting safeguards, fully integrated billing, accounting & practice management, automated bank account reconciliation, and one-click 3-way reconciliation keeps your firm audit-ready all the time. Thousands of legal professionals run simplified and compliant practices with CosmoLex.

CosmoLex Details

CosmoLex is cloud-based law practice management software that includes billing, trust (IOLTA) accounting, calendaring & task management.

CosmoLex
2013
Monmouth Junction, NJ
@CosmoLexLegal

CosmoLex Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the CosmoLex community
Have you used CosmoLex before?

CosmoLex Reviews

Showing 10 CosmoLex reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have CosmoLex?
What do you like best?

We use Cosmolex to manage our 3-lawyer office and all its files/accounting/task assignment/billing and it has been great. While there were some learning curve items, it has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the structure means that if you find out you have been doing something incorrectly, fixing it is not easy. But there is no way to know what you don't know, until it happens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing is easy, it syncs completely with our LawPay payment system, saves every email to the case it concerns, and has made working remotely during this pandemic a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Bookkeeping, accounts payable, and accounts receivable do not require another program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to close the timekeeper window to access other parts of the program and the inability to toggle a task into an appointment and back again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Handling accounts receivable easier and easy access to status of billing and payments on all matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

I love that this integrates the accounting with law practice management. I don't use all the features but it is plenty robust enough for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. My practice is fairly simple and this software more than fills the bill for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a big deal to add/migrate to a new/different practice management suite. I was a new practice so I didn't have a ton of files. I would suggest researching the many tools out there and decide what will fit best for you. But I do love that this makes the accounting part of the practice mgmt software. It took awhile to set it up and get comfortable with it but now I find it pretty easy to use. You can find partner accountants, from the CL site, who are familiar with CL and can help with this. I used one for six months but now I can do everything on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I tried QuickBooks for awhile but, although I know many law firms use it, it isn't designed for the needs of attorneys. Thus, you had to do some workarounds. I wanted accounting that was designed for law firms and integrates with law practice mgmt functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The fact that it doesn’t allow you to write checks for clients that don’t have money in their trust account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you need to have so many accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sure that trust money and operating money are separate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

We enjoy the fact that we can easily create and edit bills, and that the entire system is cloud-based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike and because it is cloud-based it is always being updated and improved. I do wish I had the ability to "no-charge" portions of time entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Each individual attorney is able to manage their own billing and collection process. Because this can be done efficiently, collection is faster and it is done with less administrative burden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I like that it has fully integrated accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not as user friendly and intuitive as other programs, like MyCase. The e-mailing forwarding process is not as good as that of MyCase, and I wish there was a desktop option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can't think of any problems solved or benefits realized as I have been using CosmoLex since I started my own practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Owner
What do you like best?

Helps me to keep track of my accounting and time I need to go to court. Email integration with clients and calendar integration. It is a great way to send my client invoices and request documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no legal writing aspect so that it can help autofill my briefs and have briefs ready to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software to for almost any practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advanced billing and time tracking also a great place to store client files and information that is available right on your phone. Billing is great too in that I can both email and mail my clients bills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Cosmolex makes it super-simple and very intuitive to handle ALL aspects of the management of our practice in one place! Previously, we had three different programs for the time and billing, bookkeeping and document management. Now, it's all in one place. The reports are powerful and easy to use, and the customer support is beyond anything I've ever experienced! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to access the accounting features via the mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won't regret the decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been a great time saver and certainly reduces the likelihood of errors in working between three different programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

We use this to keep track of our Attorney Trust Account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we can think of at this time as this program meets our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If we are audited we can produce real-time records at the click of a button. As we are handling our client's funds this is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Administrator/Senior Paralegal
Legal Services
What do you like best?

That it is a complete practice management system. I have always had to use two systems previous to finding Cosmolex, particularly at a "small firm" price point. Cosmolex handles all of our needs and their creative, think-outside-the-box support team has found a way to address every concern we have had! We're ready to sign up for year two! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could print or export transactions from the Chart of Accounts. Also tie-ins to our online banking would be a great help as we have quite a few auto-pays. If we can't tie into online banking, automatic/memorized transactions would be a good alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. We didn't regret it and are ready to commit to our second year! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to consolidate all of our firm management, including accounting in non-case related areas into one package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.