CosmoLex Reviews & Product Details

CosmoLex Overview

What is CosmoLex?

CosmoLex is the only total solution that includes 100% compliant law office accounting (No QuickBooks Required!) along with legal billing & practice management. Built-in IOLTA trust accounting safeguards, fully integrated billing, accounting & practice management, automated bank account reconciliation, and one-click 3-way reconciliation keeps your firm audit-ready all the time. Thousands of legal professionals run simplified and compliant practices with CosmoLex.

CosmoLex Details

CosmoLex is cloud-based law practice management software that includes billing, trust (IOLTA) accounting, calendaring & task management.

CosmoLex
2013
Monmouth Junction, NJ
@CosmoLexLegal

CosmoLex Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the CosmoLex community
Have you used CosmoLex before?

CosmoLex Reviews

Showing 4 CosmoLex reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have CosmoLex?
What do you like best?

Program is cloud based and easy to read, mostly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Screen size is not adjustable and still see the entire page. I use a split screen and Cosmolex does not resize accurately for the split screen. I don't like the timekeeping because it jumps around just when you want to start using it so you have to pause and wait for it to settle down before you can start typing your description. Description doesn't even show when using split screen. I don't like the billing because it fails to account accurately for the trust account. The vocabulary in the billing is not accurate (service tax instead of general excise tax). I am not accurately keeping time because it is not side by side with my work (the split screen problem). Looks cartoonish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes some getting used to. I haven't used it, but I understand it is available for tablets and phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PClaw was freezing, giving us wrong information, duplicating bank balances, losing information. No real benefit yet, we are still trying to get everything corrected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Joshua Goldberg of CosmoLex

Thanks for your post and your honest feedback. You are definitely not alone with coming from PCLaw and I know it does take some time to adjust to the workflow and functions of a new program. We are here to help in any way we can. In regards to billing/trust accuracy, I suggest you reach out to our support team so that we can see exactly what you are experiencing. You can email support@cosmolex.com or call 732-595-9015 for assistance. With resizing for split screens, I will ask our development team to test out and take a look. We aim to give you the best experience possible, so your feedback is much appreciated!

IU
What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity of using this program is what pleases me when I look for products to use or try out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I did not like about said products was the load time and the name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

All in one tool; handles billing, filing, and accounting with single tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat clunky; some easy functions not possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time saver, much more organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

That the accounting is built into the software management program. I love that it is web based and can be accessed anywhere. It also can be synced with quickbooks which is awesome for someone uses this finance software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is pretty high for a solo practitioner. The learning curve also seems very steep - it does not feel intuitive at all. The accounting isn't as good as quickbooks though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to consolidate all my business needs into one package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.