Constant Contact Reviews & Product Details

Vice President Financial Services
What do you like best?

It has brought much convenience in my professional life. It is incredibly easy and simplest way of designing newsletters. It is indeed ultimate solution for marketing as well as designs. It is really doing a perfect job in order to manage long lists of emails that further benefits marketing in many ways. With the presence of drag and drop editor there is option for customizing content without any hurdles. It is surely the best tool for beginning email marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As far as I am concerned with this product, I would say this is really doing a perfect job. However its report generating process is found to be difficult enough. The web templates also looks inappropriate. The glitches that occur frequently made me depressed enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For email marketing and lead generation, this tool is 100% suggested. I strongly recommend you to have it as it comprises of all essential features that will help you in meeting all the needs of your organization. For launching email campaigns, it will surely be the best choice and it provides all the satisfactory services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest plus of this software is that it has made marketing look straightforward. The most helpful feature is that there is option for sending test message to oneself that let us verify whether there is any mistake in it or not before sending that message to huge list of people. It let us separate lists of information that may be informational or solicitation emails. It is based on advanced principles and technologies that attracts huge number of users. It is all in one tool for sending and designing emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Wow, Lucas! Thank you so much for this stunning review. We take great pride in being your "ultimate solution for marketing" and are so happy to hear that you are seeing great success with our tools. That being said, we are always looking for ways to approve and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We'd love to hear more about your trouble with our reporting process as well as the glitches you have experienced. If you are open to chatting some more, please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with more information. Thank you again and if you ever need help, you know where to find us!

Constant Contact Overview

What is Constant Contact?

Constant Contact helps small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals dream smarter with all the tools they need to market their ideas, build a professional brand online, attract customers, and sell more products. - Email Create professional emails, find new customers, and drive sales for your business. - Websites Get a custom-designed website in just minutes with our intelligent Website Builder. - Stores Open your online store and start selling in a few simple steps. Setup is free. - Domains Instantly add credibility to your brand with your own domain name. - Logos Try our free LogoMaker and get hundreds of customizable options in seconds. Constant Contact has been trusted by small businesses, agencies, franchises, corporate networks, and developers for over 20 years. Our partnership solutions are anything but one-size-fits-all. https://www.constantcontact.com/partners

Constant Contact Details
Danish, German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Whether you’re looking to reach more customers, sell more products, or simply share your passion with the world, Constant Contact has all the tools, features, and expert guidance you need to get online — and grow online — all in one place.

We offer an industry-leading platform—consisting of email, websites, online stores, domains, social marketing, and more—that allows any business, organization, or individual to get up and running with online marketing in no time.

Constant Contact

Constant Contact Videos

Constant Contact Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Constant Contact community
Have you used Constant Contact before?

Constant Contact Reviews

Showing 4,413 Constant Contact reviews
Showing 4,413 reviews
Location
Already have Constant Contact?
Director Development
Marketing manager
Open Discussions in Constant Contact
Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

A huge point for me was the ability to import a target customer list and send the email directly from Constant Contact. I like how easy is to create an email. The building tools are pretty self-explanatory. Cost is worth it's value, especially since it is based on how many people you send it to. I love how when I load a pic it fits it into the box all nice for me (weird little thing, but a huge problem for me in the past). I like prebuilt templates that they offer. I generally don't 100% use them, but they help me get ideas for layouts. I appreciate them making templates based on holidays that are coming up. They have good ROI information on emails sent and downloadable lists on opens and click-throughs as well. Also like the fact that I can send myself test emails of what I am creating. It helps show me if an email is likely to go into spam. I have done tests that showed it go into spam, changed a few things in the subject line, and then the email came through fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adding video capabilities would be nice. My biggest issue I have had is one that I wish Constant Contact in general communicates with their clients. We have a large database that I pull customers from (vehicles sold and vehicles serviced), thousands per month. We usually target pretty specifically for emails, but for Black Friday decided to go wider (obviously). I made the email and scheduled to go out at a strategic time. I go in and find that it didn't send to all. Get support on the line and they say they have to verify and ask all kinds of questions to make sure these are our customers and not a bought list. Even after that, the rest of the emails were staggered in a 48 hour period. A Black Friday email is obviously a very time-sensitive advertisement and some people weren't getting the email until the last day of the event. All managers continue to recall that issue to this day. Just a heads up would have solved it (I would have done those questions earlier if I had known). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monthly email advertising is completed entirely through Constant Contact. It provides a great way to email, track ROI, download lists and follow up with targeted customers each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

There are many great attributes. To start the emails look much better when opened versus just text. This causes more engagement. The analytics are extremely beneficial. Constant Contact saves time by re-sending to those who did not open the email. You can now track a heat map to see where people clicked on most in the email. Constant Contact is always evolving and adding great features. I could not live without them and I have tried many systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Constant Contact for several years. They have accomplished my needs and then gone even further with their added features such as social media ads and posts as well as websites. if I had something I disliked, I would mention it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the issue of my open rates with email. Constant Contact helps to ensure that my open rates are greater than normal email. There is clear evidence that the more people that open your emails, the more sales that you will conduct. The benefits are great, if I ever feel I need more sales, I send an email. I have built a huge list of subscribers so that helps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Communications Specialist
What do you like best?

constant contact have simple interface and fantastic customer support teams to assist you,this takes care of the communications you have added for whether you have inserted large email collection or try to import contact list from other email clients. I really like the informative analysis available with the report function. When you upload massive email accounts, a supervisor will contact you to insure that you do not abuse emails. and that is really great for filter out email lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I found in my time period has been the lack of feature to store promotional emails without any of the upgrade option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very simple way to build an autoresponder to email out. We are allowed to add images and also have unique looks on our emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can effectively access our subscribers and associates by e-mailing them about the latest promotion or offers which can have a significant and immediate effect on our turnover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

i love the fact that they already have pre saved templates for me to choose from. The editing portion is extremely easy and straight forward, and it is very easy to understand. I also love the fact that i can upload my own template and create buttons for customers to click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something I do not like about constant contact is the fact that I am not able to edit it on my mac laptop. The software is not very user friendly from an IOS perspective. Another thing I do not like very much is the fact that they do not have a lot of background options for the templates that we tend to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would tell people to use it because it really does have a lot of benefits. Not only does it make sending out promotions super easy, but it also makes creating lists super quick and efficient. with the click of a few buttons you can have ten thousand new contacts in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently using this software to generate business, send out new promotions, as well as reach out to our technicians. It is an easy way to send a message that does not come from a personal email. Plus it uses a plethora of different lists to ensure we are pulling all of the information we can on who we reach out to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Hi, Angela! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you've seen success using Constant Contact. Our drag-and-drop editor is certainly a user favorite! We do support Safari and Mac browsers, so if you are having trouble accessing our tools using your Mac we recommend you reach out to our support teams so we can help troubleshoot with you — I've included a link to our customer support options below. In fact, I personally use a Mac and am able to access all of our tools with no issues! Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience, it really does mean a lot to us.

See how Constant Contact improved
What do you like best?

Constant Contact has been my go-to source for email marketing for years. I have watched the site evolve over time and am pleased with the new design and features. I can do anything I need to for my communications clients - set up a payment button, distribute newsletters and announcements, run a social campaign, and more. I like how customizable the emails are and it never takes me more than 30 minutes to setup a whole campaign. The new update just released a month or so ago allows extra features and a more modern streamlined design, which I appreciate. Overall, I will always rely on Constant Contact to complete my clients' marketing needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only qualm is that I wish the update would have allowed the copying of old emails, as I usually just copy old emails to do new ones. But, it also gave me the opportunity to set up a new template that I can use for the updated marketing designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for something professional and easy to use at any level, without a bunch of coding and integration, this is the product for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients need an affordable way to advertise their events and services. Constant Contact allows me to see who is reading what content, who is clicking where, and how effective my campaigns are, so that I can improve the way I do business. The benefits are plentiful and have resulted in big dollar gains and audience boosts for my clients. I will always trust Constant Contact to solutionize my clients' needs, and I can always rely on the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I like how simple the interface is. This is an excellent tool for someone who wants to just sent basic emails out and isn't going to get frustrated by having a lack of control over the design or what they can or can't add to an email. It's a very good choice for someone who's just starting with email systems. The contact organizer is also simple to use and intuitive. Their help line has also been very useful and easy to reach in the past. I've yet to run into an issue they couldn't resolve quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The design part is very basic. If you are someone who wants complete control over what your emails look like or want to have fancy looking emails or have a very specific look in mind, chances are good that Constant Contact's interface won't let you make that happen. In general it's not as robust as some other email services I've worked with before, but you're not paying that much for it in comparison and it does get the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beginners

Budget Friendly

Just want something simple that does the job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use constant contact to send emails to a bunch of different audiences including teachers and educators, Spanish speaking audiences, health professionals, and a general audience. It's very convenient that many people can use the same system to smaller targeted lists and much larger general newsletter type lists. Constant Contact has the capacity for both. It might not be the fanciest email system on the market, but it can do what it needs to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of E-Commerce
What do you like best?

I like Constant Contact's easy to use UI, as it feels like anyone can create a great newsletter or marketing email without the need for special skills or a degree. It has been super useful in keeping in touch with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no translation feature for sending out newsletters in multiple languages. A bit of a niche issue, but would be helpful if that existed. I also find that formatting can be tough at times, but only in certain cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are staying in touch with our clients during these uncertain and unprecedented times. We have been able to reach people and let them know that we have remained open for business throughout the pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Hi, Jake! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on G2. We're so happy to hear that you are finding our drag-and-drop editor easy to use and making professional-looking emails with ease! Your feedback regarding translations is very insightful and I've shared that with our team for consideration. If there's ever anything we can do, please do not hesitate to reach out. We're here to help! Thanks again.

What do you like best?

I like it's ability to save all of my contacts in one place, and create emails and events to send out to my contacts. I like how I can track event registrations . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not super user friendly. It's very outdated. The emails look ancient. I have to design my emails in Canva and then import them into Constant Contact as an image in my email blast rather than creating it in Constant Contact because if I were to create my emails in Constant Contact they would look ridiculous. And the app sucks -- you cannot do as much on the app as you can on the desktop site. So when I am needing to look up an event I have to sign into the desktop site from my phone or computer, I can't just simply open the app and see the details. Also, most of the emails that I sent out via Constant Contact goes to peoples junk folders so they don't even see my email. It's very frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to conveniently save all of my contacts in one place, and email them all at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Hi, Leanna! Thank you for sharing your open and honest feedback on our tools and services. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble creating emails that you love using our editor. We do recommend against using an image as the main content of your email as this is inaccessible to screen readers and may leave some of your customers unable to read your email's information. Using a single image in your email can also contributed to being sent to junk folders in your recipients' inboxes. We'd love to chat further with you about your experience. Would you mind sending an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so our team can look into this for you? Thanks again!

Office Manager, Bookkeeping & Marketing
What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

That they removed the Google Analytics tracking which use to be a great feature 2 years ago. Hopefully they will bring this feature back because this is now a manual process if you want to track links clicked in your email marketing back to your website and Google Analytics tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use what is easy and best price point something that has all the features you are looking for and customization that you might need! Also remember something that is also mobile friendly since most people view email marketing on cell phones or desktops. easy to use, and you can do many things with it to make it look like your branding, your colours etc. I also like how the sign up form integrates nicely with Wordpress websites, so you can turn on a pop up on your website. It integrates nicely with wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to email market, so this was the way to go. This was the best price for what we needed along with the customizations we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director, Operations
What do you like best?

Constant Contact lives up to its name because it has made it easy for us to stay in constant contact with certain customers and prospects. It has excellent features and does an efficient job in terms of email marketing, its interface is quite intuitive, easy to handle, has newsletter designs and email templates and various automations that lighten the work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is more expensive if you have a large number of contacts. The few times that we have had small technical failures we have been able to count on the help of the support service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to any company/organization that handles email marketing, its functionalities, integrations and resources are fantastic, saves time in activities and obtaining new clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have seen several benefits through the use of Constant Contact in our organization, starting with significant savings in time and resources in our efforts to keep in touch and send information both to our staff in general to solve problems and also to our prospects and candidates to build confidence and make our commitment to provide them with efficient service felt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Hey, Dennis! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for Constant Contact — we really appreciate it. Your kind words mean the world to us and we are so happy to hear that you are seeing success using various Constant Contact features. If you ever need any help, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team. Thanks again!

Marketing Project Manager
What do you like best?

Constant Contact is really easy to use for someone who does not have any experience with email marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Constant Contact lacks features to make emails look polished and really professional. They look very basic and old school in my opinion. Their branding is also extremely visible on all the emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find templates that are made by expert users and always make sure to send yourself test emails before sending to a group of recipients to make sure everything is formatted the way you want it to look. Also be sure to test the email on different email servers (especially Outlook) to make sure the formatting looks correct on each. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to send out email marketing campaigns and track open rates, click through rates, etc. We were able to reach our audience with news, articles, job opportunities and services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its easy to use for a beginner, but very limited. I like that you can a/b test and keep separate lists for different contact groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is so hard to create a great looking email in this software, especially since they upgraded it and now do not allow you to edit on the HTML level. Seems like reducing the functions was the wrong direction to go. They also stopped supporting our template and gave us no notice so we were scrambling to complete our marketing campaign on time. We even paid to have them design a template for us and it was terrible, I have not seen good templates from them on several accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a plug and play email program that you can easily customize, this is not the software. You have to use their templates, create very simple designs with the design builder, or you have to know HTML to make more complex and better looking designs. Make sure that you like one of the templates that they supply or else you won't be able to customize it that much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Send out bulk email marketing campaigns. It makes organizing and keep several large email marketing lists separate and allow you to a/b test. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Developer
What do you like best?

It has meant a lot to my work because I have had A/B testing with a positive result. The support responds immediately, there is no delay in each of their responses. It has helped me to establish significant email marketing criteria. The interface has very well defined and understandable tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is something that varies according to the subscription of the same, sometimes there may be increase in the monthly payments according to the ability and the description of the plans, all this without notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very functional, you will like how the panel is distributed with its functionality, in addition to the ability to configure and integrate with other platforms. It is simple to use and comforts the idea of creating information alliances via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have had a better way to create email campaigns to make our organization a direct mail marketing information line with significant users and high revenue potential. The ROI has been positive, recovering the investment in a shorter time than we had expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ashley Perssico of Constant Contact

Hi, Anna! Thank you so much for not only taking the time to leave us a review, but a five-star review at that! I am so glad to hear that you are seeing success using our A/B testing functionality and reporting. Our pricing is based on a few variables, namely contact list size. As your list size grows, you will see an increase in cost based on our tiered pricing plans. It's so great to hear that you're finding the ROI to be positive and we hope that if you ever have any questions you'll reach out so we can help! Thanks again.

Information Technology Manager
What do you like best?

I really like the Constant Contact in a way because this becomes really simple to create newsletters & email templates for me , With less than about minute, I generally organize an email marketing campaign for our clients and for our organizational needs Besides that, promotional emails could be arranged effectively with different categories and specific parts of the organization which is great feature for organization emails . To just get used this platform It didn't take a lot of preparation and learning curve's for our team . The analysis is useful and clear. The user experience is of the absolute highest class and is much better than that of service stations with opponents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope there would be a some few designs for editing. Often in the look of it's newsletters I really want to be much more flexible. We still face problems with email which keep on getting spammed or delayed too much. I realize that e-mail providers may have been an issue with their servers. It will also be good to transform a list of campaigns into someone else's, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have lots of number of email contact to do email marketing campaign, I can highly suggest constant contact is the best option so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The challenges I overcome with the constant contact seem to be to figure out the best moments for writing emails, when the emails are being opened by my viewers and to evaluate the subjects or topic points perform for what best for A / B test. Submitting a newsletters with several updates for your business is a great advantage. The flexibility of designing individual emails helps us to access a range of data without a confusion. Everything became even more professional and thoughtful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.