The GUI is pretty good. Navigation from page to page is good too.
The following errors were encountered:
1. The restore of a DB to ‘end of logs’ gave an error message and we had to run the ‘rollforward’ command manually to make it work:
2. The restore to ‘end of logs’ completes successfully, however, there is a message: Failed to unquiesce or activate the database
3. The subclient shows a storage policy of SP_XYZ but when we go into the ‘Storage Device’ under properties section, it does not show us the policy name. The number of Data backup streams displayed is also not correct.
4. While trying to do a DB2 restore to end of logs the following message appears repeatedly, “Database in use”. The restore without the end of logs or point in time work fine.
5. Redirected restore to a database on the same host and same instance errors out with the following message after running for many hours: The archive log file is not associated with the current log sequence. We had to figure out the log file name, manually delete it and then run: "db2 rollforward db DBNAME to end of logs" and then it worked.
Make sure you test the product out with your specific requirements. The product has great potential, some things still need to be worked out in my opinion. I used this product a year ago and so most of the issues that I have described above must have been resolved. Please verify that they have been taken care of.
Enterprise wide backup and restore operations for RDBMS's such as IBM DB2, SQL Server, Oracle.
Some functions tested fine, others were still being worked on.