Cloudways Reviews & Product Details

SEO Specialist
Internet
What do you like best?

Its fast, its easy to manage, its customer service is replying in seconds always Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike I will be honest with you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Cloudways to anyone as its 100% fastest and most easy to manage cloud platform. Price is low and costumer services responds in just seconds, I just Love Cloudways Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its 100% fastest and easiest to manage cloud platform. The prices are very small and customer service responds in seconds. I would recommend Cloudways to anyone and ca promise you that no regrets will be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloudways Overview

What is Cloudways?

Cloudways is a managed hosting provider that emphasizes performance and simplicity. From the simple server and application launch to the ongoing server maintenance, Cloudways takes away all the hassles of server management so that you can continue to focus on growing your business. When you join Cloudways, you get a powerful managed environment for your ecommerce stores and business websites. The core USP of Cloudways is choice - the choice of cloud providers, the choice of hosting almost every PHP powered application, the choice of using a paid or free SSL and the choice of developer and agency-focused workflows. The ideas of choice and freedom to focus on what’s important to the users start right from the moment of server & application launch. With the choice of five IaaS providers (AWS, GCE, DigitalOcean, Vultr, and Linode) and multiple versions of popular applications (including four flavors of WordPress and two of Magento), the users can configure the Cloudways platform to fit their operational requirements and business processes. The theme continues throughout the platform where users can deploy almost 50+ server and application management operations in a few clicks. So whether you are an online store, an agency or a freelance developer with several clients, Cloudways offers the perfect mix of features that help you achieve more out of the managed hosting solution for your business websites and client projects.

Cloudways Details

Cloudways provides its customers the convenience of developing, monitoring and managing spectacular web apps without fussing with the cloud infrastructure.

Cloudways
2011
Mosta, Malta
@Cloudways

Cloudways Videos

Cloudways Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Cloudways community
Have you used Cloudways before?

Cloudways Reviews

Showing 151 Cloudways reviews
Already have Cloudways?
Founder
What do you like best?

We found it necessary to move all our sites from one hosting company. After researching - we felt Cloudways would give us the options and ease of migration over other options.

At the time of our transfer - the offered free migration - which also helped in our decision. The process was easy and the communication / support was wonderful!

I feel out of the whole process - the communication and support has been the best feature so far for us! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at this point because we've received such great customer service / support for any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While I have a wonderful admin / developer - as a business owner the support and ease of migration was extremely helpful. I easily understood the process and of course felt much more at ease with the whole transition because of the support that Cloudways provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed / load time was an issue at our previous hosting company. Cloudways seems to be a much better choice so far. The other issue we were having was support. (of lack of it from the previous company) Cloudways seems to recognize this and handles it well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Dragon Slayer / Owner
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up a server and set up installs on Cloudways. It is very easy to manage and the websites load really quickly with no issues. I also love the ability to set up a test website without needing to attach a domain to it, and it can be added later when you go live, without much hassle. It really helps with production and launch of a website or app. I use WordPress mostly, and they make it so easy to setup a fresh WordPress install on the server that it take not time at all. Much faster than cPanel set up for WordPress. I have used many different hosting platforms in my 20 years of doing web design and customzation and Cloudways is by far my favorite one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The odd time I get a little lost while looking for information. I felt a little intimidated the first time I set up an application, but the process was much easier than I thought it would be. There is no email attached to the server like cPanel accounts do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't let the thought of setting up your own server stop you from testing out this service. It is well worth it and much easier to use that you might imagine. It doesn't have attached email service, but I am finding there are many more flexible and reliable ways to deal with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using this platform for production of website projects, and launch for those that stay under my umbrella. It has made my production time a lot faster. I also love how easy it is to set up an SSL on the sites for no additional cost. A great benefit too is the billing for usage. If I begin a new project on a new server mid-month, I'm not billed for the entire month, only the amount of time it has been active and used during that month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

Even the smallest and cheapest of servers perform great with Cloudways for WordPress sites. Magento is a bit more power hungry but Cloudways' services work great with both apps. Setting up Varnish cache, Redis or Memcached is a breeze.

Documentation is also one of the strong suites of Cloudways, I can find an article on almost anything I need to do or implement, and support is also top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot find anything that I dislike with Cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with a small server, then go up the ladder when you need more performance. Usually the optimizations Cloudways offers make the smaller servers perform very well with apps like WordPress and Magento. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WordPress hosting is a premiumly priced service, but with Cloudways I get a reasonably priced server that offers great performance.

It gets even more important for Magento to have an optimized server, Cloudways offers just that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Website Designer
What do you like best?

Easy to migrate existing Wordpress websites. The hardest thing about switching hosting is the migration side. Cloudways has a Wordpress plugin and easy to follow instructions that take this pain away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Understanding and setting up the cache system for Wordpress. I use "page builders" for my Wordpress sites, either Divi or Oxygen. I have always used plugins like Swift Performance Pro to handle the cache side of things. Cloudways has their own cache plugin and "Varnish cache" built in, but understanding how to set it up, and the right settings has been a challenge... I have struggled a little bit with this side of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Shared hosting" has risen in price substantially over the last year, with my old hosting provider blaming the "cPanel" increase (after 10+ years of service they started charging me 5X more for my hosting at the beginning of 2020...) So first and foremost I was looking for a better price, and I don't need or use most of the cPanel stuff anyways. Cloudways fit this bill nicely

I also wanted to upgrade the "speed" of my websites. The old shared hosting I was using was good, but not great. Moving to Cloudways and using a Vultr High Frequency server has put me into the "great" range when it comes to speed. These were the 2 things I was looking to accomplish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, everything is within reach and easy to find so far. There are lots of great options for servers, you can pick from a couple of different servers like AWS, Digital Ocean etc, so scalability is pretty easy here. Along with that, they have really great prices. It's charged based on usage so you don't pay a ton of money on a slow month, which is really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to find a file manager similar to you would with cPanel, but I'm pretty sure if I ask the support team they'd offer a solution. Aside from that, there are really no other downsides, in my use case to using Cloudways. Ultimately, it really depends on what you're planning to use it for and the scale of your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm mainly using Cloudways as a testing site. I'm a technical support agent for a WordPress page builder, so I need a fast environment for replicating issues and making solutions. This helps me to eliminate a local environment that slows my device down and I'm able to use it just about anywhere at any time, even on my smartphone. In terms of business problems that are being solved for me, it makes my job go by a lot quicker and allows me to increase my output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The performance:cost ratio is far better than any managed hosting that I have used, you have some control over the server without the responsibility of keeping it updated and running, and it is just as easy to move CMS sites around and do routine maintenance as a managed host, if not easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past I have found bot blocking to be a bit worse than other comparable hosts and there was no direct access to server firewall rules, but that has recently improved quite a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find that this is a great host for beginner marketing sites for businesses that appreciate the need for extra performance for a website that they are spending money on PPC services on, but are not yet sold on the value of a more expensive managed server, and also don't need a large number of cPanel managed email addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very easy to spin up new sites or add server capacity, simple to move WordPress sites on and off with their BlogVault migration tool, and easy to manage ssh access for each project individually, or for the server as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategic Member
What do you like best?

They have a very good quality and easy to use. We were using for years another service provider for this job and after very time researching for a change, we came to Cloudways, after tested a lot more of hosting provider. I recommended this hosting company for sure. We are using it for a while, and it was the best decision we took, I don't regret to have this new partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike from its services at cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully recommended! They are very cost-effective and good service quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using another service provider and we had lately some issues regarding the consistency of the servers and its performance. We had to make full research on looking for another company to rely on and to start a complex process of migration for many websites we had from our clients. We found Cloudways and we have migrated a lot of sites very easily, with are having now better performance, a lot of speed and very secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

It is super simple to setup and provides all the needed tools for you to easily migrate from any other host you were using. In case you are new, it will explain step by step how to get set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike so far since everything has been working better than I even expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to go over their documentation if you have any doubts or are not sure how to accomplish something. Their documentation is quite on point and easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is really easy for you to set up a test environment and then merge your changes to production while keeping full control over what you are doing and paying for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Below things I like on the Cloudways -

1) Easy UI/UX to setup any new server within the 5 minutes.

2) you can easily setup digital ocean or any other cloud server as per your choice

3) You can easily scale any server within the minutes

4) provide 24*7 hours support

5) Save huge cost on the server hosting from the startups point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike -

1) Offline FTP uploading or downloading the files not easy with Cloudways. Ever time i am getting error and required permission.

2) There is no Cloud File Manager where we can easily maintain the Website Files. Everytime i have to use SSH Command or offline FTP Server for the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems - Huge Cost on Maintain the Server

Solution with Cloudways - Previously i use Kinsta Hosting but there i have to pay for the per visitors. Similar features are provided by cloudways and they just charge through the RAM & Space capacity for digital ocean.

Benefits - Save thousand dollar in reliable cloud hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is very optimized to work with wordpress, it optimizes for best performance and faster load times. Also as a result of this, i get better rankings for our websites. I also like that ir runs without a problem using heavy plugins such as woocommerce addons, wpml, forms, etc. Also a very nice feature is that you pay what you consume and it also very helpful to be able to choose different hosting platforms such as digitalocean, google cloud or amazon aws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that i can't create sub-accounts for my clients and it is hard for my clients to open a free trial. Also it would be nice to be able to give access to more users using the same cloudways account. It would be nice also to have more that 3 days of free trial, maybe 7 seven days is better to manage all migrations from hosting to hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be quick while using the 3 days free trial and expect to have a very good support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using this hosting provider to get better speed in our wordpress installations, which gives us a better user experience and a benefit or ranking higher in search engines. A big benefit is that support is very fast and helpful whenever we encounter an issue in our websites. Also is very nice that it has a functionality to optimize wordpress installations. But i would say that the main benefit is to get less than 1 second load times by using this hosting along with caché plugins, optimized images, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Art Director
What do you like best?

The fact that Cloudways makes my website work at optimal speed for a token and still give referral bonuses of up to $20 is really cool and encouraging. I can always relax to know my issues are fixed with their technical support anytime. They also have several options of cloud services and I get to choose which one best fits my current needs. I can also say that they help me collaborate more with my team as I can add other team members to projects. To crown it all up, for these amazing benefits, they have such a pocket-friendly price and I get to pay as I go. Not having someone bill me outrageously for features I don't use or even usen often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I started using Cloudways very recently after my web developer recommended them. And I've since loved it. However, I have a little issue with my email hosting which I later realized isn't available. This means I have to go get another email hosting platform at an extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend that anyone who needs speed and reliability should definitely check out Cloudways' services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not a web developer but since my developer migrated to Cloudways, it has been easier for me to manage my Wordpress site without expert knowledge on web development. Also, my Wordpress website was formerly on cPanel but I also realized Cloudways doesn't operate with CPanel which cause me a little bit of issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I love how fast the website runs now. It's much faster than it was when I was using bluehost. The cost is so much more effective than some of the other hosting solutions out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little but difficult to set up at first. It's a bit of a learning curve compared to some of the other hosting companies but at the end it is definitely work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Don't get frustrated by the techiness of it because you can overcome that hurdle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed is so much faster and all the website purging, backup and security is taken care of. The price is soooo much better than using some of the other wordpress managed hosting and the best part is that you have an entire server dedicated to your site instead of sharing. A dedicated server can cost an upward of $400 with some companies but you can do it at a fraction of the cost with cloudways Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cloudways provides me access to the server without me having to manage every detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The difference in pricing tiers. Going from a small 1GB Ram, 1 Core to a 2GB 2 Core server instance the price doubles. This may be warranted given pricing from Digital Ocean, but it appears to be a big increase in price. It might just be my perception. Still a great service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Even though I technically can manage my own server on Digital Ocean, I like that Cloudways takes care of the small things on the server side. I have tried other managed hosting which offer less access to server details and I left them because of the lack of access to server configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesperson and Marketer
What do you like best?

The best Platform to build websites, cool performance, and excellent support. I think since not getting these three factors on the hosting provider in my country (Indonesia) then migrating to Cloudways, this is the right choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I want to feel all can be done so quickly. When I need the help of my support team can not directly connect with a human agent, but Cloudways bot first, so should chat with cloudways bot to connect with a human agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cloudways is a good way for the best option. Your business will be in the right environment, a reliable support team, and a focus on developing business content because cloudways that will be managed technical part Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In Cloudways, I got new lessons and knowledge of the support team to solve the problem that happened on my website. The support team is very patient to help me like answering questions, giving suggestion, helping migration well, and much more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

Amazing feature of Scaling server as per requirements, and Support is Awesome. My friend recommend me to use it and now I will recommend others to use and see the difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing wrong with anything actually, everything is perfect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My friend recommend me to use it and now I will recommend others to use and see the difference in terms of Speed, ease of admin, quality of Support. Really Recommended Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website Speed, Smooth Scaling, Excellent Support, Cache problems resolved, CDN issue resolved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Cloudways is their feature rich custom dashboard which makes it easy to manage my WordPress powered blog.

Following are some of my favorite features:

1) See Realtime server usage graphs.

2) Easily restart different services.

3) Easily modify server level settings.

4) Upgrade packages.

5) Auto disk cleanup to free space.

6) Tell Cloudways when it can perform schedule server maintenance for my site.

7) Secure SSH/SFTP/MYSQL by blocking access to all IPs except mine.

8) Ability to scale server whenever traffic spikes.

9) Choose when and how often to take offsite auto backups and how long to retain them. Plus take on demand backups as and when need arises.

10) Enable SMTP email service of my choice or Elastic mail with just few clicks.

11) Enable Cloudflare WAF module to see real visitor IP in logs.

12) Block direct IP access to my site.

13) Set custom cache expiry for Static Assets and Varnish cache.

14) Add delete multiple user for SSH/SFTP.

15) Access MYSQL Database Manager with 1-Click.

16) Setup and manage server cron jobs.

17) Disable XMLRPC requests to prevent Brute Force attacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have no issues with the way Cloudways is apart from below issues:

1) Little pricy.

2) Inbuilt CDN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For bloggers who are just starting out can go with the least expensive Digital Ocean server.

If you are looking for stability and performance go with Linode servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me solve speed, security, and management issues effortlessly.

1) Can easily manage my WordPress powered blog with their feature rich dashboard.

2) Fast loading sites.

3) See access and error logs.

4) Analyze traffic.

5) Easily upgrade packages.

6) Take on demand backups when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Cloudways is simple to use and scale vertically as your projects get bigger. It has great integrations with many top industry platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cloudways was a little confusing when setting up small tweaks that are usually easy to do with a CPanel, but their customer service is incredible and always answered any questions within a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to set up many websites on a fast hosting platform that doesn't keep you locked into 3-year contracts or charge an arm & a leg per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solution head
What do you like best?

The quick and easy to use interface and prompt Technical support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now I don't see any specific area which I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an affordable platform that gives your desired expected results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed & latency was the major issue with my existing vendor. My UX has improved due to this, I have started my digital marketing efforts more as I know my customer will have better UX and chances of conversion is higher now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website Developer
What do you like best?

I like their customer service the most. Whenever I have a problem of any kind, their support always goes above and beyond to solve our query, even if it's outside of Cloudways domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, sometimes I dislike the restriction in cloudways like not giving the root password. But it's understandable that it's a managed hosting. So, giving a root password might be difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves the problem of getting a fast hosting server and also getting a super-fast transfer speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

I'm a front-end person and the expert support has really made the difference. Friendly engineers are on hand and they help me solve problems fast. Many hosts now have call-centre support who take ages to read through decision trees and docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can't type my query into the chat after asking for "Cloudways Support" in the chat. That I can't scroll up or search my chat history. I would like it if chat was automatically archived and easily accessible so I can search within and review it later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go watch WPCrafter's YouTube video about Cloudways. He explained everything I needed to know to take a trial. A day on board and I knew it was for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Siteground used to be great. Their new client interface is confusing and makes finding chat bizarrely difficult. I was looking to move all my sites to a faster, better-supported platform. I am able to build, test and deploy faster. I'm saving money too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Founder
What do you like best?

Their server stack is highly optimized and tuned for WordPress. I recently moved a large client to their platform (Digital Ocean backend) and the migration was flawless! The site's loading time was greatly improved and my client is very happy as they are soon courting investors. The recent addition of Bot Protection is another standout feature. I have a total of 14 clients on the platform and am in the process of migrating more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to have a white-label interface for my more tech-savvy clients and perhaps a file manager for those who can't quite grasp sFTP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you understand Cloudways doesn't offer an email service for your clients. Also, if you have clients that insist on server access, they will be relegated to using sFTP. Cloudways is the ideal platform if you are tired of rolling your own servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit to me is that I no longer have to keep up with patching and rebooting servers. The Cloudways interface to Digital Ocean is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.