CloudBees CodeShip

CloudBees CodeShip

Codeship offers hosted continuous integration and deployment for your web apps, including rails, php, python, java or go apps.

Work for CloudBees CodeShip?

Learning about CloudBees CodeShip?

CloudBees CodeShip Reviews

Ask CloudBees CodeShip a Question
Showing 153 CloudBees CodeShip reviews
Gökhan S.

"Simple and useful"

What do you like best?

CodeShip's offering a free plan for small startups is awesome. I've just started running tests on my products and CodeShip saves both time and effort on this.

What do you dislike?

Providing better remote deployment solution would be awesome. I still need to use some others tools automate deployment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For continuous integration, CodeShip is a must-try alternative.

Before discovering CodeShip I was planning to run a custom software to run tests. For a new project this means more man-power and time. With CodeShip instead, I can focus on new features.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CloudBees CodeShip

"It's shippin awesome "

What do you like best?

The ease of tinkering with the settings of your builds

What do you dislike?

It's a bit slow sometimes, and my manager won't upgrade to a higher tier

Our automatic testing and building our docker containers

What Continuous Deployment solution do you use?

"A good CI tool"

What do you like best?

It shows the complete console output, live, of all the test suites, and it will run steps in parallel

What do you dislike?

It can be kind of slow to cancel a build, or sometimes you have to refresh the page to get it to notice that a build has actually completed

We use Codeship to run our unit tests before every deploy, and to actually do the teploys. It's a CI tool.

"Product Vision is Solid in a Crowded Marketplace"

What do you like best?

Their docker based Codeship Pro is a definite step in the right direction. Love the customizability

What do you dislike?

Our team ran into speed concerns on Codeship classic. Though it might have more to do with our test suite than the tooling. Management UX could use some work.

Continuous integration and deployment are easy to accomplish. High visibility into status of builds with Github integration.

Jirka D.

"Best CI for normal people"

What do you like best?

Easy setup, codeception support, ssh debugging, deployment via rsync, categorizing by branch name...

What do you dislike?

No webserver from startup, have to run php internal server on special port, which is quite annoying as I have to use special codeception config for running API tests

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy setup, easy interface, fast rsync deploy, mysql running on build agents, simple deployment setup for particular branches.

APIs usually.

GL
G2 User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Excellent. Reliable. Great UI"

What do you like best?

Great UI and design. Simple setup, with excellent documentation.

Docker is always online, with a great build time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Comparatively to something like Travis CI, the configuration could be considered more complex, however, the complexity allows for greater customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that it is the right tool for the job.

Continuous integration is a crucial part of software development, and having tools to solve the problem is value. Codeship allowed for an excellent CI system.

"Codeship has helped a lot in automatiating the deployment process"

What do you like best?

I like the various webhooks it provides. Also the simplicity of the configurations.

What do you dislike?

Since I am using this first time and this is my favorite product, so I do not have any complains.

One thing that can be improved is the debug process

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just use it, it will make your life more simpler.

Codeship has really helped in deploying the applications on various environment very easily and quickly.

Max G.

"Definitely one of the best CI tools"

What do you like best?

When I was looking for CI I had few requirements:

1. Free for a small private project

2. Easy configuration for multiple environments project

Codeship met all of them, so I'm happy to use it.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately I can't choose multiple environments in UI when I configure script to install my project, but it's not critical so far I know how to manage it.

I use Codeship as a CI for a small shop. So it gives confidence of my project quality.

AI

"Product had not yet matured when I used it"

What do you like best?

Codeship as a product is very targeted and provides an easy way to get simple CI up and running. It hooks into GitHub very nicely, and sports a Heroku integration as well. Their support team has been fairly responsive as we've been setting up the instance.

What do you dislike?

The UI is buggy and sparse. I've not been able to get the Heroku deployment features to work. I'm also limited in terms of what environment I'm able to run my code in. Specifically, I want to run the version or Ruby that I'm running in my production environment; it's simply not available. I'd say that the tool as a whole just feels immature; I'm not sure that it's worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Continuous integration is a great thing to have; for many projects I believe that this tool will get the job done. Be aware that it has shortcomings, however, and there are other alternatives on the market.

Continuous Integration

Administrator in Internet

"A nice CI platform"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy to set up. The UI is very user-friendly as well. It is also very easy to integrate with our Slack channel

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see the details of the command line that are being executed. Everything else is good for me so far !

It would be nice for a free account to have the number of build left easily without clicking on "account information"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GO!

This make our deployment process really really fast. Once is set up, we don't care anymore about the test and the deployment process, if it is well set up, Codeship do the work for us and ping us only if needed !

"Great product."

What do you like best?

Using Codeship helps me ship apps faster. The easiness of configuration allowed me to always have an up-to-date staging environment and brings confidence I didn't had before.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find any dislikes at all - truth is I haven't been using it for advanced stuff (only basic), but I can confirm that for basic stuff it's really great and I don't want to give any opinion about using it with advanced techniques.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using Codeship helps ship faster. The easiness of configuration allows to always have an up-to-date staging environment and brings confidence you didn't had before.

I didn't have any tool for build automation. Now I do and I'm really satisfied with it.

Randy B.

"One of my favorite development tools"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup, the quick support response, and the continued innovation into the product are very attractive parts of the Codeship set of services.

What do you dislike?

While I wish the price was lower for the entry-level private app level, Codeship is very affordable compared to the competition.

Our firm immediately implemented a very smooth testing and deployment process for our app. Bug introduction into our production environment has been extremely limited and Codeship is a big part of that.

"Great CI Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy of set up and start for products with specs

What do you dislike?

Would like more UI segmenting and filtering options when viewing projects and test statuses

Continuous deployment

I
Internal Consultant

"Simply Awesome. "

What do you like best?

ParallelCI is a great way to test and run the system in fruitful manner. With it, almost around 22-26 % of time we can save through it. The user interface, tools, support, prefect integration with loosely coupled isolation perfectly implemented. Its a great way to deploy softwares. The support is really quick and appreciated. With such a functionality, maintaining application stack is easy but not simple. Thank you.

What do you dislike?

If I want a particular environment like cross-platform dependencies then it will be little hard to create and deploy onto this site. Also, connection with only two repositories. You can add with docker hub, Stack overflow, koding framework, CodeChef, HackerRank site, etc. Thank you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes. Its been in a prefect direction. And I really appreciate the efforts and work you carried out with in a short interval of time. Awesome. Yup. I will recommend to others for such a beautiful and wrathfulness journey.

Currently working on the project Docker Orchestration with Kubernetes with in local environment with Vagrant, VMBox, etc. So, its still in beta, and with this we can create a cluster of machines to perform huge task into the form of divide and conquer manner to fulfil the processes. So offering one-in-all services in a distributed environment.

AI

"From easy to advanced setups"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that yes I can go very quickly and make very simple builds without any problem but also, I can make more advanced ones. You can create your own pipeline, your own deployment script (which was mandatory for our project), etc.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to find examples to make custom deployments but they exist! https://github.com/codeship/scripts/tree/master/deployments

What we wanted was automate everything from the commit to the tests, then the production, but as I said we had hard time finding a way to customize all of this at every steps and this is easy with codeship.

Chris A.

"Setup was magically easy"

What do you like best?

Getting a cloud solution for free and the ability to ssh made debugging a breeze. It took very little time to get a project up and running with unit testing and a custom deploy script.

What do you dislike?

I might be overlooking the interface, but I would rather not be forced to push to a repo to spark the first build. This is strictly for setting up the project.

Our main use case is for automating unit testing and deployment. In setting up a build plan, I realized that some of the work I previously done in using AWS CodeDeploy was duplicating some built-in functionality of codeship.

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Codeship is solid CI"

What do you like best?

Very fast to get started and integrated into, e.g., Slack and Heroku. Took less than 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

100 free builds per month is wildly limiting for the trial. Enough to goad us into purchasing, but it essentially disables any low-volume fiddling.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you match their platforms (both coding platforms and deployment platforms) then give it a shot. If it takes more than 10 minutes to set up then it's probably an indication that you should make a better CI workflow. Codeship is simple and works without much fuss.

Creating an effortless CI/CD workflow. Codeship slotted in with minimal effort and runs, essentially, the core of this workflow.

Gerob K.

"Wonderfully easy to use."

What do you like best?

The walkthrough for your first deployment was well thought out and easy to use. I deployed my Laravel app within an hour.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I really noticed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and quick. Check it out if you need a testing solution.

Deploying my personal site and learning the CI and deployment process. This will help me to sell this workflow to my employer.

Mariano N.

"Just evaluating, but really promising"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. A hello world application build took a couple of minutes to test.

What do you dislike?

No support for Docker so far, but that is likely to change.

We are a startup starting to build a production platform from scratch, and want to set up a simple CI/CD pipeline as fast and easy as possible. We find easy and fast configuration very valuable

Riccardo C.

"Nice service for open source projects"

What do you like best?

Integration with github and bitbucket is great and ssh access is an amazing bonus.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, maybe it could be simpler to produce debug output for gradle projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, it free and very easy to setup; if you have a github account, as you should, you don't even have to register.

I am looking for a reliable cloud build server.

Jaison E.

"Flawless and easy"

What do you like best?

I like the way Codeship automates everything, not just the build, but also how I setup the environment there so I can start building my project.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when my build don't pass :( I think it could have built in more PHP features.

I'm trying to ensure the quality of our private social network platform through an automated testing environment.

"Easy integration. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It reduces the complexity of setting up a CI.

What do you dislike?

Naturally, because it's so simple it doesn't offer a lot of customisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to begin continuous deployment and improve software without the hassle use it.

We have upped our number of integration tests now that we are making use of Code ship

"Rapido y Confiable"

What do you like best?

La rapidez para realizar las construcciones asi como la facil integración

What do you dislike?

Interfaz muy simple y en ocasiones confusa para ubicar información

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es una gran herramienta para Integración y Entrega Continua, consideren una curva minima de aprendizaje para la implementación y un ahorro de tiempo ya en marcha

Rapida entrega de nuevas versiones de nuestras aplicaciones

Jurgens d.

"Intuitive and Functional"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up, and provides at a glance information on the state of my builds.

What do you dislike?

Not much! Most of the interface is intuitive and easy to use, but sometimes feedback is missing, like when inviting a team member.

Instant deployment on successful builds. More visibility on build status

Matthew W.

"Pretty solid"

What do you like best?

Continuous integration and automated deployments.

What do you dislike?

Costs too much compared to building your own simplistic solutions such as a github webhook watcher.

Redeployment saving developer time.

Ján S.

"Codeship is a very useful ship!"

What do you like best?

I am testing a set of scripts written in POSIX shell and it actually works!

What do you dislike?

There is no possibility to define the project settings with an in-repo text file (like on CircleCI or Travis).

I am running CI tests after every push to the git repository. The CI tests are catching possible regressions.

GW
G2 User in Wireless

"Great but expensive"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use comparing with Jenkins and other on-premise.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high for most of startups. It's cheaper to deploy a Jenkins environment. A good DevOps engineer does that in a short period of time and saves lot of money. moreover, it's more flexible

Continuous Build Docker

"Excellent intergration"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use, it i simple and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support as many features as I would like, but I guess the point is that it's a minimal app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just dive in and get it working instead of reading about it.

Continuous integration and continuous development.

UA
User in Automotive

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the UI of test setting!

And It is easy to review the test logs.

What do you dislike?

The status badge.

I cant find a easy way to get a script for the badge

And the badge itself is not pretty enough.

For the test log, it cant display Chinese (in utf-8)

It would be great if there is a button for trigger the build action

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is good

I just want to ensure there is no bugs in my releases

"Good code build tool"

What do you like best?

I like the way we can prepare pipelines for the code to be deployed into different environments. Also to mention the customer support of Codeship is the best I have seen so far.

What do you dislike?

Issues related to builds are occurring frequently because of some issues with Codeship

Faster and Continuous deployments

C

"CI for human beings "

What do you like best?

The UI is the most friendly so far I've seen in CI tools.

What do you dislike?

Developers unfamiliar with Docker will have to learn a bit more before using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CloudBees CodeShip saves you time from running builds with other tools.

Spend lots of time with CI tools or own servers

"Easy setup, fast builds!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to get started, and our behat test suite ran in 40% of the time it takes on a dev machine, and we've not tried ParallelCI yet!

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have no complaints. The only thing I would say is that it would be nice with some mobile support.

We need to trigger our test on each commit. In the past we've used Jenkins but it requires attention from the dev team.

Vladymir N.

"Great code review"

What do you like best?

Codeship builds your code correctly and verifies the functionality of it before you can merge it into your master, who doesn't love another check before deploying? Great service, great product!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while and maybe they can tell you what was wrong with your code like the error messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whoever wants to test their code before deploying, should use this product!

We are solving web-applications and bookings done through the web.

"No support for native Windows and Mac builds"

What do you like best?

The jet tool is super useful for simulating builds locally before pushing to Codeship

What do you dislike?

No native Windows and Mac builds. This became a deal breaker as our software is cross platform native software. Building and testing under Linux is simply not enough.

Automated builds and tests.

Søren P.

"Shipping made easy"

What do you like best?

I really like the easy of use, and the way they build their on boarding experience. They hold your hand through the whole setup of your first project

What do you dislike?

Nothing, so far. Everything worked in my first try

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. You probably won't be disappointed

I can now publish my blog just by pushing to master. This is awesome, and I wrote about it on my blog: https://spewu.com

AC

"Code ship make our life easy"

What do you like best?

Automation. Continuous integration is a tidy process. Code ship made our life simple. Using for. All of the projects

What do you dislike?

It should have had few more additional features such as rebuild on failure etc

If code breaks our aws live app goes down. This app inspects code breaks

AI

"Easy to setup CI service"

What do you like best?

Codeship provides a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy to get started with CI very quickly. There is little documentation, but it is enough, because the service is really easy to use.

The people at Codeship are really passionate about DevOps and their product.

What do you dislike?

I feel it might not be flexible enough for more complex requirements.

We were able to implement CI in a matter of hours. We are currently launching our business and have a million things to do. Codeship allows us to focus on coding instead of infrastructure, which is crucial for us at this point.

Steve F.

"So far really good"

What do you like best?

very easy to get a build up and running and deploy only took a few steps

What do you dislike?

did not like that the app wants "admin" level access to my GIT repositories when all it should need is READ..?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome CI tool - nice interface and easy to setup - good documentation

Startup Apps

"Useful Product"

What do you like best?

Its useful, and it works well. Dashboard is great too.

What do you dislike?

The cost. We could probably switch to gitlab for free.

Just creating a django build. The benefit of always having the testcases run in the background is nice.

"Moving to pro is the only choice"

What do you like best?

Pro builds with docker images and the newer Ubuntu images

What do you dislike?

Not being able to build multiple pipelines off the same repo (we need to be able to develop new CI pipelines without breaking current ones)

Containerized tests

Reilly D.

"Very easy setup, great product and performance"

What do you like best?

A lot easier to set up than Travis CI, runs very fast, very intuitive design

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Everything has worked as intended.

We've known we needed to do a better job of automating testing and doing checks before deployment. I've tried others but this is the best by far.

"Integrates well with our Python based setup"

What do you like best?

It integrates well with our current python based code. Its easy to configure and easy to deploy

What do you dislike?

Redeployment requires regeneration of an encrypted blob.

Ensuring that we catch if & when our dependencies break our codebase.

"Pretty darn exciting testing and continuous deployment"

What do you like best?

It just made it want to watch the progress of the build every time. It made it too easy.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that slowed me down in getting it set up was integrating with AWS CodeDeploy, and that isn't really anything that you can do anything about.

We need to make it easier and more mainlined into our deployment cycle to do testing, otherwise our developers wouldn't write tests! Luckily with this, we are pretty much forced to write tests and that's great!

"Quite happy with codeship"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and how continuous integration has become so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have some more options to automate stuff, like in case of a build fail.

Continuous integration and testing.

Christopher S.

"super nice code delivery system!"

What do you like best?

elegant yet simple interface, software is intuitive and didn't have to look up help or support

What do you dislike?

sometimes doesn't automatically refresh after build status

seeing whether someone merged the branch into the working repository, prompting me to pull down changes

Andrew D.

"Manageability is effortless!"

What do you like best?

Managing everyone's commits is far simpler than overseeing individual github branches and commits.

What do you dislike?

The emails every commit but I know I can just turn them off. I haven't yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it.

Code documentation and deliberation is spectacularly easy!

"new to codeship"

What do you like best?

It can be easily connected with Github / bitbucket existing repos and that is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unable to create own projects without connecting with github or bitbucket.

Working on web application development, easy to collaborate with the team.

"Very easy to get started"

What do you like best?

By using CodeShip, you can have a functional CI/CD pipeline in a matter of minutes, and it actually works!

What do you dislike?

More debugging functionalities would be nice.

Fast pipelines, easy to set up integrations.

AI

"The best CI in the world"

What do you like best?

Easy project setup with many predefined test configuration.

What do you dislike?

I can't create organization with many members (workers). I would like to define permission similar as Bitbucket service.

I can test our code without internal tools and testers.

IC
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and the freemium plan are the best!

What do you dislike?

Nothing up to the moment, it has been great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrations it has! it is just amazing how easy it is!

Continous integration and automate deploys

Learn more about CloudBees CodeShip

CloudBees CodeShip Videos

Learning about CloudBees CodeShip?

* We monitor all CloudBees CodeShip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.