CloudBees CodeShip

CloudBees CodeShip

Codeship offers hosted continuous integration and deployment for your web apps, including rails, php, python, java or go apps.

Work for CloudBees CodeShip?

Learning about CloudBees CodeShip?

CloudBees CodeShip Reviews

Ask CloudBees CodeShip a Question
Showing 153 CloudBees CodeShip reviews
Tomáš H.

"Seamless CI experience"

What do you like best?

After connecting to GitHub, it just works. Just make small amends to build scripts, and you are all set. And the reports are nice and easy as well.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit steep jump in pricing from the free to personal account. Also could be a bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it's really trivial to setup. If you are using Heroku, especially with Review Apps, there might be some overlap of functionality. It is possible to run tests on Heroku as well, but the integration of the test results to GitHub is not as trivial as with Codeship, so you might want both just to get up and running more quickly.

Setting up continuous integration that works nicely with GitHub. Running tests automatically in the cloud is a big benefit, because devs are often sloppy and forget to run tests. When you disable merging pull requests which don't have tests passing, you are already long way forth to having better code quality.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CloudBees CodeShip
Colin H.

"Its simply the best"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to integrate into any project. No matter what I'm working on, if it ships live, it goes through codeship. Once it's configured, it's done, and the configuration is easy.

What do you dislike?

There are some edge cases where the box doesn't match my production box identically. Something about some server-side configuration variables. Not a huge deal, we just have to document them when they happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love the changes I'm seeing. It's a little on the expensive side for some of the upgrades -- but the fact that it 'just works' without having to deal with it consistently means I will keep using this for my future projects.

Business problem solved: newbies shipping bad code. Benefit: fewer 'oh, crap!' moments.

What Continuous Deployment solution do you use?

Kent C. D.

"Fast, easy, user friendly"

What do you like best?

I love how codeship separates setup, testing, and deployment. It makes it very easy and obvious to tell where to put what. Also I totally love how painless it is to do browser-based testing. It just works. No need to make sure that Firefox is setup on the box or anything. There's both Firefox and Chrome (and Chromium) available on the machine, so I don't have to worry about it working, it just does.

What do you dislike?

There are a few UI pieces that could use a little work in their web interface. For example, trying to review logs during a build is a little bit of a challenge because if you try to expand the logs of one command, it's automatically closed as soon as the next log event occurs. Hard to describe. It doesn't impact reviewing the logs after the build is complete, but it's a little annoying as I'm trying to see how a current build is going.

I would also like it if they supported storing artifacts. I don't really have need of it now, but I'm sure we'll want it when we implement this at work and having to store it out in s3 or something will just be another thing we need to worry about :-(

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out with a personal project and you'll be hooked :-)

Right now at work, we're running on Jenkins. We've been having a lot of trouble hosting and managing it ourselves and I'm sick of it, so I decided to evaluate a few cloud-based options using one of my open source libraries. It's been amazing. Everything just works. So far, if I can get it to work on my machine, it will work on the CI servers, and that's just such a relief. I can't wait to try this out with our work projects.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is being able to do End to End testing easily. I didn't even want to try it with Jenkins, but it seriously took me just a few minutes to set up with Codeship.

Finally, our Jenkins builds are very complicated and there are a lot of moving parts (between tests, build, and deploy, lots can go wrong). With Codeship, things are much easier to reason about. It makes deploying everything much simpler.

"Good for docker projects"

What do you like best?

Everything runs as part of a docker container, so you can bring over your docker-compose files and run tests based on the services that are defined in there.

What do you dislike?

Everything that you want to do as part of your deployment such as notifications has to be done manually with the "pro" subscription.

CI/CD. Taking our product from running tests all the way to deploying to production.

Gerard S.

"Codeship is the best CI tool for Meteor right now"

What do you like best?

Solid support. Even though we are on the free tier, I have opened a couple support requests, and the responses quickly solved my problems. The support sidebar (powered by Intercom) is very easy to use. I also like the Team capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The only thing missing was a button to disable the git build/deploy jobs (I had a reason to temporarily disable the build on a project). I had to go to Github and deactivate the integration to do this. I did suggest it in a support request, and they said they would put it on the roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are doing Meteor, Codeship is the best choice.

There are many CI products out there comparable to Codeship. However, Codeship was the only one that specifically addressed the Meteor platform. Also, it was the only one that specifically addressed deployment integration with the most popular Meteor hosting platform, Modulus.

AC

"Easy cloud ci/cd platform once you get past the steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use. Being able to check in a .yml file that does all the work for me on a git push is really nice.

What do you dislike?

Getting up to speed was a lot harder than one would think it would be. The documentation was good but sometimes seemed to be a bit lax.

We use it for all our CI/CD builds to AWS

Daniel O.

"Super quick setup and easy handling."

What do you like best?

The most exciting part was the super fast setup. I know Hudson and Jenkins as CI-Servers, I've never thought there can be such a fast and easy solution for this task. CI for me was always a hard job to set up and keep it running. Now its super easy!

Now I changed from Java to Ruby development. And it is even better. The whole automated testing and deployment and the project setup is made in less then 3 hours (for a beginner) makes this product just... wow...

What do you dislike?

When you have a lot of different Projects I miss a better overview where you can see all the statuses on a single glimpse. And something like a 'public-link' where someone only can see the status of the last build of a project (so the middle management can hit a link and see whats going on, but he should not be able to touch anything).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a go. I saves so much pain.

Our company offers online services for the public in the construction domain in Switzerland. Means we offer construction-request online forms that can be directly be sent to the building-authority. This way the customer sends all the data pre-valuated to the authority and the authority does not have to hand-type it again in there own application.

Gonçalo S.

"Amazingly easy to set up!"

What do you like best?

I love the huge quantity of integrations with several deployment platforms, including AWS Elastic Beanstalk that no one is currently able to do! Awesome work, guys! :)

We actually rather use Codeship than a Travis CI IAM for AWS EC2. I just love how the whole process was pain-free. I got all the things set up (and I'm saying EVERYTHING, integrations with other services and all) in literally 10 to 15 minutes.

Congratulations on this amazing product!

What do you dislike?

I think it would be better if you had more tutorials. Specifically more tutorials about how to do some kinds of testing in different languages using your online editor.

And although you already have a few topics in the documentation about browser testing maybe do more thorough articles about using it on Codeship.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please do a favor to yourselves and go see for yourselves how SUPERIOR Codeship is, try other solutions in the market so you can really feel how easy and pain-free they have been able to make Continuous Integration for everybody.

After a thorough search and testing of all the CI services in the market I came to the conclusion that Codeship is by far the simplest and more user-friendly. Even using a Travis IAM on AWS is far more daunting than using Codeship from day 1.

The benefits are huge! We were using no CI system before and as so we can see huge differences when it comes to maintain the growing code base. Specifically I love how easy it was to report back to the whole team using Slack.

Vladimir K.

"Generous CI Solution"

What do you like best?

Out of the box Bit Bucket integration, service offers more then generous free package, really good for small teams that want have private projects. I was trying this service in past but interface wasn't looking that good, now they have revamped the interface, looks much cleaner and it's easier to use.

I like the way they everything is structured, seems logical and system is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Documentation can be better, more deployment option for 3rd party services. It's still a work in progress but this service is going in good direction in my opinion. I have just scratched the surface with this product, still early to tell what else is wrong, but right now Documentation is the only thing that bothered me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to try Codeship, especially small teams with tight budget as the Codeship offers a lot in their free package.

I am working as a Team Lead and Senior PHP Developer, for a long time I was having problems making the team organized especially when things start to become hectic. I expect Codeship to help us keep organized and to make our workflow more uniform.

Matt G.

"A great tool for continuous delivery"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the application and how easy it is to get started. Simply link it up to your Github account, push to a branch and Codeship starts working. The documentation is great and helps you get started quickly. It integrates nicely in to Slack. Lastly, I love how I don't need to manage any test infrastructure as Codeship creates an environment for you.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have the ability to kick off a deploy without having a push. I haven't seen any functionality for this. I would also like support for other languages.

It's the first time we're continuously deploying software at our company and Codeship has made this really easy to do. Previously we've tried Jenkins and Bamboo but they're overly complex and the setup is a pain. Now that we're deploying software continuously it will help us be more agile and ship quicker.

Daniel A.

"Amazing product for build automation"

What do you like best?

Codeship is very easy to get started with and it doesn't get in your way. I really like the seamless integration with Github. We have it setup with Slack and its always refreshing when the build notifications pop up.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes some getting used to and it will be great to see more documentation on how to make the best of the features Codeship provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this product as it has made it easy to automate our build processes and concentrate on building our product itself.

I want a product that makes it easy to automate my build process without putting in so much time. I've realized Codeship does just that and more!

Erik R.

"Extremely useful for staging and production deployment"

What do you like best?

I love being able to push my code to Github and rest assured that it will be built and deployed to my server and my team notified via Slack with no further involvement from myself. It could not be easier!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the NPM caching was a little more sophisticated. For example, I have a project with NPM modules in two separate directories, but, as far as I know, caching of node_modules is limited only to the root of the repository.

Pushing out changes immediately to the staging server for testing has never been easier, resulting in quick feedback and quick development iterations.

Remy A.

"Easy, feature rich and "Just works""

What do you like best?

-- The first time "guided" install is a very good starting point. It lets you get familiar with the interface & settings

-- Excellent integration for Ruby/Rails trough RVM. Did not experience any problems with it even though I'm

using rbenv as my ruby version manager.

-- No "vendor" lock-in for your deployment pipeline, you can use one of the predefined popular hosting platforms or tools like Capistrano and if those aren't enough you can also just write a custom script!

-- A ton of software is available, databases (SQL, and NoSQL), various Queues and even Firefox & Chrome to run browser tests! Oh, BTW ElasticSearch also, so cool.

-- Being able to ssh into your build environment is a big plus.

-- And the docs are okay, not the most extensive I've seen, but it will do the job and like many others reported it just works pretty much always but some more docs are always welcome.

What do you dislike?

-- Adding in more VCS options. this will make it possible for me (and a lot of other users i guess) to almost switch over completely from self-hosted environments.

-- My environment is full Docker, so some integration with Docker would really be fantastic.

There is really not much more I can think of. The doc's could be extended a bit but that not a big issue for me personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of managing your own CI & CD systems, this is really the best I've yet encountered.

Because I'm self-employed, I have to manage all my different development stages, which can sometimes be difficult. With Codeship I don't have to worry about difficult to maintain CI servers for my own projects, and instead focus on delivering my customers a better service.

Even though I always prefer controlling my own systems, Codeship does such a good job that It's hard to ignore.

Brian J.

"Codeship is essential to my workflow: day, night, and weekend"

What do you like best?

- Being able to configure my setup and test commands as a shell script

- Tight integrations with my other tools (with one exception listed in dislikes)

- The PyPI caching mechanism is superb... not quite sure how they accomplish it

- Works just as well for my open-source side-projects as for my day-job

- The blog posts! I usually spam filter e-mails from services that I use, but theirs are always great reads!

What do you dislike?

- Weak documentation for things I want to know; half of a page of block-formatted paragraphs do not satiate a passionate and pragmatic developer. Good thing it usually just works, but when pipelines are limited, I don't want to try things to see if they work. I want to understand what will happen in advance via API-ish documentation.

- I don't know if this is on Codeship's side of the Github integration or not; but a build which is queued does not show up as "waiting to see about...", it says "This pull request can be automatically merged." And more than once, team members (including me) have merged because we prematurely saw a green button, when in most cases, this is a valid indicator after performing a code review (yeah yeah, we should pay more attention).

- Don't allow newly pushed commits to the same pull request to be blocked by obsolete builds (our fault, and totally at the integration layer, but it'd be convenient if we made a fixup 20 seconds after our initial push and the previous build was suspended or cancelled)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing beats it. The development team is a crucial part of the cloud development and open-source communities. Intelligent automation means less time spent by me on the clock, doing something annoying.

Day-job: Agile team building an SDK/API for integrating HR business logic with various third-party partners, ensuring that we only merge code that meets our team's standards. A red light from codeship means that we don't even let our QA team see our work yet, and this saves us time and money.

Weekend-job: I work on open source side-projects involving software testing and project management which have very little to do with my day-job. But I am very passionate about improving the tools available to myself and my colleagues. Codeship helps me to keep in the habit of maintaining a shippable release, even though none of my own money is directly on the line.

Ken H.

"Very Quick Setup, Simple UI. Love it!"

What do you like best?

The integrations with hosting environments is the best I've seen. Nothing makes me happier than simply clicking a button and supplying an API key. Good job!

What do you dislike?

I like that Codeship validates the deploy worked by calling 'wget' on the domain. I don't like needing to return a 200 response on that call. My project is an API that uses JWT to authorize users and I had my root domain returning 401 - unauthorized and this was failing my build. The root of my domain doesn't have a controller so I simply forced it to not require authentication, but it would be nice if Codeship had a way to work with JWT tokens generated by the server.

I've used other CI tools and the only real benefit this gives me over the others I've used is a simple UI and wide array of 3rd party integrations. We use Slack to communicate and having our build fail in our team environment gets everyones attention, which is great!

Jason T.

"Codeship is simplicity at its finest"

What do you like best?

As the old adage goes, "it's easy to make something complicated but difficult to make something simple." Well, CodeShip worked hard and it shows. The CI system is straightforward and intuitive. Very nice. Works with bitbucket which is great for those with private repos on a budget.

What do you dislike?

The testing engine uses Python 2 by default with no option to use Python 3 on the testing settings page. The error message received from Python after my first failed build/test was misleading and sent me down the garden path for a while before I realized the environment was just setup wrong. After I realized that, I was able to find the correct code to switch to Python 3 in a help document. This code really should have been included and commented out inside the default test setup script. Lots of people are using Python 3 now and this could help a good number of them save time while setting up their first build.

Continuous Integration! I haven't tried the continuous deployment yet, but will once the application goes into production.

Gabriel F.

"Exceptional and easy"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use and configure, I also liked the user experience. I loved the integrations that exists, by the way all that is impleteded is sufficient to me at this moment

What do you dislike?

I think you should add more plugins and the price is a little high, at least for developers. Thinking out of the box, I think you should give the option to implement master/slave options, for example:

I want to run test and Deploy at a Android or IOS device, at this momento I don't know how to do this using codeship, but I know using Jenkins for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Codeship is the easyer CI that I configured at this time, I already used Bamboo from Atlassian, Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity. Of course it needs more improvements, but it is in the right way.

As I said in the other option, I need master/slave configuration for some projects, mobile projects is the principal problem that I found.

This tool is awesome to garantee that your code is ok and your deploy is running as expected.

I am configuring a CI to a personal project integrated with cloud services, my project is running in nodejs and python, I also use Docker and others container solutions.

"Great CI tool for startups"

What do you like best?

What I like best about code ship is that it is a very easy tool to use right out of the box. I also like that I am able to rebuild in case a build fails due to a flaky test

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about code ship is that it's not scaleable for massive projects and can only run three builds at a time. This could clog up development and is a timely process

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great work!

The problems that we are solving with Code Ship is that we are able to merge our code confidently.

Hendra N.

"Codeship is awesome tool! This tool is very useful for me in developing web applications."

What do you like best?

1. At the first of all its features and functionalities

2. The second one is ease of use #nodoubt. Codeship has simple and easy to use web GUI, so it won't takes much time for you to get familiar with the web app as well as in setting up your first project.

3. The other thing is regarding their docs which are documented well so whenever you're facing a problem, the docs is the first place you should go and i am pretty sure you won't get confused in reading its docs.

What do you dislike?

If Codeship can integrated with Gitlab as the connected services like Github and Bitbucket, i am sure a lot of Gitlab users will try Codeship if these apps have integrated. Based on my experience working with several various companies some of them were not use Github nor Bitbucket but they use Gitlab, so if you could make them connected then your target users will be more big.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Codeship is awesome tool! Codeship makes the software developer's life much easier.

I would highly recommend Codebase to everyone!!

The business problems that we're trying to solve some of them are :

1. The Continuous Integration

2. Continuous Deployment

3. Testing

Those three things above are very important in software development cycle, especially in the matter of time and effort which consumed. Please noted, the three things above are iterative tasks and they can be bottleneck in software development when they run manually which obviously could have negative impact to the length of time of the software development itself.

After we use Codeship we can cut and throw away the bottleneck parts in our software development cycle. Now, our developers can focus on write code and Codeship handles the continuous integration, deployment and run automated tests.

Beau G.

"Codeship is easy to setup and works well."

What do you like best?

Codeship is able to run our tests quickly with its GitHub integration and deploy our code to Heroku. We get notifications of successes and failures to our ops channel in Slack.

If there are ever issues with running the tests the ability to SSH into a test server and debug them has proven very useful.

What do you dislike?

I'd like Codeship to be a bit smarter about some error cases that are unrelated to the tests--for example if the push to Heroku fails because of a timeout or because of a non-fast-forward commit (e.g. worse than the build failing, someone pushed directly to Heroku).

Continuous integration is important to us and Codeship made it easy.

Richard B.

"The missing deployment hook for AWS OpsWorks"

What do you like best?

We really like the clean and easy route into CI that Codeship provides, along with a generous free tier which enabled us to carry out private R&D without having to fully commit to a product which may not have been suitable, or that we would have had to test in public space.

What do you dislike?

We think the documentation could be a little more structured to provide concept and procedure guidance from a lower level, although the free guides and videos have been most useful and worth spending time with.

Codeship has provided us with the perfect 'missing link' for our AWS OpsWorks 'workflows', in that it is super easy to create an automated app deployment hook from Bitbucket to OpsWorks app deployment, for this alone it delivers huge value and has instantly become a core component for our AWS projects.

Dan R.

"Simple to use yet effective CI solution."

What do you like best?

The ease of use in terms of integration with out existing systems. We were very quickly able to spin up a new project in Codeship, integrate it with our Github repo's and kick off the CI process. We've even been able to set up a channel in Slack which reports the results of the builds :)

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be tightened up in some areas to make it a bit less confusing. The initial page shown after logging in can very quickly fill up with build reports which can make digging out the report you want to view a little tough. Some kind of filtering would be nice.

Primarily continuous integration and deployment. In the past we have run into issues where subsequent releases have caused regressions etc which we are now catching during the CI process.

C

"Reliable & easy to configure"

What do you like best?

CodeShip is fast to run builds and has easy configuration. Many other CI providers have cahnged their configuration in recent years to incredibly complex yaml. It's nice again be able to just set 2-3 commands and get started.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. I have not used it for more complex build steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CodeShip is a great way to get CI CD implemented as quickly as possible.

We're using it to have continuous integration and deployment of a web app. It let's us ensure the master branch is always deployable.

"pleasant experience with the service"

What do you like best?

I like steep learning curve. Idea and configuration is similar to docker-compose and documentation is clear. Also design is decent.

What do you dislike?

I don't like much how tests looks on my portrait oriented monitor with big fonts - controls use too much space and logs itself are just half of the screen - see attached screenshot. Longer lines are then harder to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

bring me Emacs mode!

It's common ground for testing shared with my Windows based colleagues, for automated deploys with other processes in the company without using elevated permissions for individuals.

Paulo R.

"Awesome Platform"

What do you like best?

Fast setup and easy to configure and use.

What do you dislike?

I don't personally dislike anything besides the pricing form.

It is kind of bad to scale my process without paying too much.

The biggest benefit is that i don't have to worry about how it works because it just works and dont give me headaches.

"Easy to setup and great tool for deployment"

What do you like best?

The ease of configuring new projects and the automated deployment and testing infrastructure - we use it for every project as standard now

What do you dislike?

The cost :-) Compared to other products it's expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really simple tool to get automated deployments running in your organisation

Automated, care free deployment directly related to github branches

I
Internal Consultant

"Quick CI service for Startups"

What do you like best?

I like it's free tier. Right now at side project I'm working on, CodeShip became the best option to have a quick and decent software development cycle. I'm sure once we grow up we will be using the Premium features from CodeShip.

What do you dislike?

The disconnection between CodeShip Pro and CodeShip Basic. It was like having to learn to different products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work on have a unified experience for CodeShip Pro and CodeShip Basic.

A DevOps engineer is not required anymore in our project. We use serverless tools with codeship pipelines.

Shy A.

"It worked out of the box!"

What do you like best?

Codeship worked out-of-the-box! Codeship won my love when its VM, unlike other services, was configured with recent-enough versions of nodejs (iojs), npm, and other dependencies. Where I spent days trying to solve strange upgrading requirements on other services, stuff just worked on Codeship!

What do you dislike?

There aren't enough features for larger / more complex organizational support, such as groups and user roles / ACLs. Such features will make it easier to use Codeship for more of our projects.

We want to increase the frequency and speed of deploying features and bugfixes so that our clients can see the work they pay for and they have an opportunity to approve / correct / discuss the state of their product as quickly as possible.

Jim L.

"Hassle Free Service"

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable and responsive customer support

What do you dislike?

I wish I can config Codeship to only run 1 single build per x number of minutes.

We use Codeship to run our rspec tests, the build results are sent back to our slack channel. This gives the devs visibility and accountability.

Olivier A.

"Nice service"

What do you like best?

The UI is really intuitive and pretty.

The fact that you can have SSH access to a box is great. It help me a lot to figure out what was available on the machine and also what was going wrong in my scripts.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately you cannot run apt-get in your build. I got lucky since every build tools I needed (gem and npm) were preinstalled but at some point it might become an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good product.

This is the first continuous build for the code of my 3 people startup. In the near future I plan to deploy the result of my build to s3 and use it for manual deploys on preprod and prod machines.

Michael K.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

It saved me so much time, bottom line. CI would've been a very daunting task with such a tight deadline but this really streamlined it.

What do you dislike?

Not much as of yet. I had some trouble figuring out the best way to run the tests considering I was using gulp which had bower dependencies. I ended having to move all my dependencies to standard instead of devDeps anyways for Heroku so just rant he gulp task after npm.

Health IT, quickly getting setup with CI and not worrying about it once its ready is such a relief. Still haven't looked into the Parallel stuff yet but looks great. Also, have it hooked to Heroku which was a breeze.

"Great experience so far."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Helpful feedback when errors are received.

What do you dislike?

There should be better examples of setting up testing tasks. I also do not want to run tests against every branch. I have a dev branch that I might just want to push and see what happens. It is dev & I do not care if it passes a build.

Also, $49 is steep for a single user small project. 100 free builds is great but a lot of people will pay $9 or so if they like a product. AKA same features as free tier but bump up the builds a bit. $49 is nothing for a company but a lot of people have side projects and pay out of pocket.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why not try it out.

I need to ensure that my projects big & small are only deployed when they are ready to be deployed. I cannot simply rely on github or a specific branch.

David S.

"Codeship is a great CI tool"

What do you like best?

Setup is super easy

Link to GitHub, Heroku, and other systems can get a setup ready in a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Not much.

When using parallel CI, tests results from different pipes cannot be aggregated into one.

Continuous integration and delivery.

By using Codeship, we have a tool that automatically detects new submitted code, runs a test suite to ensure no regression was introduced, generates automated documentation, and, when necessary, releases the new code live. No hassle.

"Very good and stable service"

What do you like best?

It's very simple and have a lot of integration, easy to configure and easy to run, very good documentation!

What do you dislike?

nothing, i don't see any problem or issue

Integration with github to run Continuous/integrations test and build automation, it's all fast eand very easy

Dan R.

"Reliable product"

What do you like best?

I like the cost and seamless integration with our git repository in bitbucket.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are discrepancies between failures on codeship and locally, especially with Rails-based capybara specs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for the docker integration to start with. We're still on the old infrastructure, but just because we've been too busy to change things around.

We are making our product more solid in terms of reducing the number of bugs in production and avoiding regression bugs.

Max K.

"Solid Product"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and easy to use - the GUI looks like every other GUI out there (which is a good thing)

What do you dislike?

Build times can be a bit slow compared to other products (Travis)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, it's easy.

Connecting people with FloodInsurance programs.

Mateus B.

"Just awesome!"

What do you like best?

To begin with, all its features and functionalities. Codeship has simple and easy to use web GUI, so it won't takes much time for you to get familiar with, as well as in setting up your projects.

Then you have documentation. Their docs are so well documented so whenever you're facing a problem, there's the solution.

What do you dislike?

They could integrate with other source controls tools and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use and setup. If you don't already have any other tools to automate continuous integration/delivery and testing, give a try to Codeship and you wont be disappointed.

Continuous Integration, deployment and testing.

Since i work alone, automating this tasks is a big help.

"Codeship makes running tests easier"

What do you like best?

You can setup multiple pipelines to run different parts of your tests so they run concurrently and finish faster. They also have tie ins with common chat apps so you can get notified of the results without having to check on it every few minutes. We also can put a status image on our pull requests so reviewers can see if the tests are passing.

What do you dislike?

If you have a lot of failures it can take a minute for the page to load the whole list.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use pipelines to get your tests to run faster

Testing our code. Faster results with our testing and notifications when they fail.

"Core shop is very simple to hook up and easy to get started"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and get going. Helpful support. Useful advanced features in code shop pro such as parallelization.

What do you dislike?

Codeshop pro was a little complicated to setup. No support for more advanced workflows such as re-running a specific are instead of the entire build. Pricey.

A good CI/CD saves our developers time so that we can focus on shipping a great product. It also saves us money by identifying buts before they make it to production.

Brian S.

"Continuous Integration that doesn't get in the way"

What do you like best?

Dead simple integration with most Git cloud repositories (like Github) and with PaaS providers (like Heroku).

What do you dislike?

For the way we work there is very little that is missing. Perhaps integration with systems like Puppet/Chef/Ansible for DYI deployments (maybe webhooks of some sort)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Git/Github/Heroku is a perfect solution right out of the gate.

Rapid iterative development, continuous delivery to clients, on a per commit basis.

"Best services for the code deployment management"

What do you like best?

Codeship is doing great with code deployment, I can synch it with slack application as well and can debug my builds immediately.

What do you dislike?

all good,it would be good if we can get mobile application

Nothing, it's all good

Steven R.

"Best testing and deployment expoerience"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, simple user interface and great reporting on errors. Simple feedback makes all the difference. The ability to install any testing tool on the fly makes the whole process easier without the limitations.

What do you dislike?

Can't see where to choose which branch to I can trigger the build on. I would like to change the default GIT workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt the best looking and best value for money. 5* product.

The continuous testing and deployment can be a long process in our business. The ability to change the way our workflow works without compromising productivity is vital.

Michael M.

"Extremely useful tool for startups"

What do you like best?

Codeship is such an easy to use and powerful tool! My team has tried a few different tools but there had always been one or two things that didn't work the way we wanted. Codeship solves that as they manage and scale testing and delivery, and take care of the release structure for you. Highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

To me, the product does seem a bit new and not quite to the level of depth that it needs to be at. I haven't been using the product long, but it will only be a matter of time before they can patch some bugs and build out the product. I don't expect this to last long.

We wanted to focus less on infrastructure and shipping code, as well as make release times a lot quicker. Codeship has solved both of those goals.

Shaun M.

"Very polished experience for a new user"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was fantastic. The UI is clean and simple, but powerful enough to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

I wish Codeship supported organisations as a first-class concept. It's a bit of a nuisance having to individually add team members to each project we operate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, run it against an open source project for a while to try it out.

Having Codeship run the automated tests as the first step in reviewing a pull request eliminates the back-and-forth on failed tests during code review.

Alan T.

"It seems easy to use and I like that it has a free version. Very smart and I hope to use this a lot."

What do you like best?

It's simplicity is far greater then any of the other deployment systems I have used. Guides you through each step of the set up and gives you a wide range of configurations.

What do you dislike?

This is a thought question because I feel like everything has been so good so far that it is hard to find something I dont like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about you regular deployment strategy right now, you can do that with Codeship.

I have always wanted a system I can use to quickly deploy projects from my github account without much setup but a wide range of configurations. Just that.

ER
Executive Sponsor in Retail

"Set up the first build successfully"

What do you like best?

Dead easy, especially compared to circleci or jenkins. It was super simple to make it work and just works. It's free to get started and seems easy to get off, so low risk to evaluate.

What do you dislike?

Not prompting me for my email address during signup (through codeship) made me forget about the service. Not sure about other features like pushing to hockeyapp or unit testing support, I have not had a chance to use it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've used circleci or ship.io, the set up seems easier.

Continuous integration for our mobile applications.

Francisco V.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

it's simple, fast, the documentation is very helpful even if you are not an expert and the team like it.

What do you dislike?

That is a big jump from basic to premium, maybe to get a plan according to the requirements but maybe more option in the plans that would be great a lan between basic and premium :D

Recommendations to others considering the product:

not yet maybe in the future with more use I will notice more thing that I will need, anyway you are on the right way with this product!

first for continuous integration and after that we will implement automation testing

Benjamin G.

"Making waves"

What do you like best?

Easy to wrap your head around, fast to set up, easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We haven't run into any issues yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it. It's so easy to get going that you can quickly see if it fits your needs. Everyone on the team has been impressed by it's speed and ease to set up and configure.

Faster deployments. Everyone can figure it out, not just our dev ops team. All of us are talking about our deployment/CI process for the first time. We're figuring out stuff that we weren't able to do with out CodeShip.

Tom H.

"Great for build testing and continuous integration"

What do you like best?

Codeship makes it extremely easy to setup build automation and continuous deployment. It's linked to my organization's GitHub project, and I can't imagine anything better to use. We're able to customize our testing and deployment scripts, saving us tons of time.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to say here. It would be nice to be able to use GitLab with Codeship, but that's not a priority for our organization at the moment.

Continuous integration and testing. We're able to fully customize solutions to these problems using Codeship.

"Streamlines our testing and deployment"

What do you like best?

We get quick feedback on the changes we make, and can deploy our code with confidence. It's really easy to hook into our github and slack workflow; and overall helps us when performing code-review. It's a solid product and everyone on the team appreciates it.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have some analytics and inter-team communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out on an open source project - it's quick to setup and easy to get a feel for the product

This forces our code to maintain a minimum standard - it's easy to tell if a change has a breaking change.

Learn more about CloudBees CodeShip

CloudBees CodeShip Videos

Learning about CloudBees CodeShip?

* We monitor all CloudBees CodeShip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.