CloudApp Reviews & Product Details

Java Developer
What do you like best?

CloudApp enables me to publish videos and screenshots to their cloud app. I frequently need to generate step-by-step training and guides. I utilize CloudApp to propose screenshots to users. In addition, I've used this to offer video walkthroughs and also GIF graphic creations. The tool captures the screen image or video, directly uploads it to the cloud, and provides you with a shareable link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it can send an email each time somebody opens a link I have shared, if I don't like this I could turn off the functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and you will be amazed just how incredible it is. Plus with annotations, you have the capacity to truly show what you're attempting to explain or describe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a business that creates sites, and I operate in the training department - so I need to have screenshots and video clips available during the whole day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CloudApp Overview

What is CloudApp?

CloudApp unifies recording and sharing quick videos and screenshot annotation into one easy-to-use platform. CloudApps solution offers the video, image, audio, and file-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Chrome, and iOS.

CloudApp Details

CloudApp is the all-in-one visual sharing platform that lets you record, host, and share videos, GIFs, and visuals (images, screenshots) to make team conversations faster and more succinct.

CloudApp
2010
San Francisco, CA
@cloudapp

CloudApp Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the CloudApp community
Have you used CloudApp before?

CloudApp Reviews

Showing 1,048 CloudApp reviews
Showing 1,048 reviews
Already have CloudApp?
Business Intelligence Intern
CloudApp
Contract Engineer / Government Logistics Specialist
What do you like best?

Easy GUI makes creating GIFs and recordings fast and simple. Just click a button, select a recording area and the timer shows you how much recording time is left.

The links to share my creations to others is nice, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The recordings have no sound without a connected microphone. I have at times wanted to make a video with background music but the only way to do this is by playing something in the room and catching it on the microphone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Capturing my students code as it runs line-by-line through the interpreter. I use this as an educational tool to show them where their program went wrong and as feedback for the parents to show how their skills are progressing. I have also used it as a way to catch cheaters - each student's program should run slightly differently if they did their own work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chat Sales Agent
What do you like best?

CloudApp works pretty fast and it's very intuitive. Messing with the settings allows you to fully customize what you want out of your experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The default settings of what happens after a screenshot is taking are way too much for me. After a SS (default) it a) copies your link b) opens annotation mode c) sends you a desktop notification and d) opens the link in your browser. I had to turn all of these off and just have option a) enabled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a Slack workplace in my company for work comms and also to validate certain procedures using screenshots. Before CloudApp I was most definitely being a dork and dropping pictures in there (you can imagine how much data is stored after a couple pictures..) and then I realized CloudApp sent them but via a link. That definitely made it way easier and now I'm not consuming precious workplace memory sending day-to-day screenshots and pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Director, Technical Product Marketing, Content, and Brand
What do you like best?

CloudApp is really simple yet powerful. To be able to take screenshots, videos, annotate and more directly and readily with a shareable url at the ready, is extremely powerful. This helps to quickly convey ideas and thoughts - as well as build relationships and bonds with teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No huge downsides but sometimes there are issues with getting screenshots with interactions - with other tools I can delay the shot then do the action and while that does work here, it doesn't work for all applications. I can easily get around it with doing a quick gif so it's not a blocker but I do prefer to save videos for when truly warranted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The need to share feedback, convey ideas, communicate concepts quickly and readily with a distributed team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration with MacOS and the ability to record the full screen or portions of the screen(as well as the option to have the camera recording as well). Looking forward to checking out the pro options if I upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the 90-second free limit, but I understand they need to prevent abuse of the service by free customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I'm solving are related to show others how to do things on my computer. I've tried a few other similar services but CloudApp seems to have the best features. They are all a bit more money than I would like to pay. (I'd like to pay maybe $5/mont instead of $10. TImes are tuff so I wish they had more price tiers. ( Even a pay-as-you-go option where you could buy $X amount of credit and be charged X every time you created a video and shared it.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior User Researcher (You should hire some... your current survey is kind of cumbersome to take)
What do you like best?

It takes decent screenshots or video captures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Live me alone with your guided tour of the product. It feels super noisy when I just want to take screenshots. It's not like I don't know how to annotate a picture... Also, having the screenshot systematically openned in the browser annoys me, I just want that to be efficient and it is not. Having to use 2 different UI for each and every screenshot is a lack of my time. You're creating more problems than you solve here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking screenshots or clip demos. Like it's not really more beneficial than other software I've been using for the same purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As much as I try to keep my calendar as clear as possible, it seems like these days I am having tons of Zoom meetings. I like to use CloudApp video/giphy to communicate more effectively so that I don't need to have as many Zoom meetings and still have some verbal communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not many downsides, that I can see. Took me a while to get around to using Cloudapp, but once I got the hang of it, it was very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend checking out all the tools out there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem I am trying to solve is "how do I communicate effectively while being remote?" The benefit that I realized is that if I want to communicate something and leave less room for interpretation(as written words usually is), I can just make a quick 1-2 minute video. I can also do a screenshare and make annotations, which is useful when I am trying to get a point across. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
What do you like best?

It is one of the tools that helps a lot when taking screenshots or even videos, it has helped to share information and visual answer to my team. It is an amazing tool that has to facilitate the storage and sharing of visual information. Sharing link is an amazing feature this tool is easy and fun to use. The function to store your information directly to the cloud allows you to save time and not to worry about saving manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually haven't found any big issue with this tool, sometimes it crashes and takes some time to load but this doesn't happen always so It is not a big complaint. It is extremely useful and fun so no major complaints. I have found this tool amazing so I haven't found any big issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this tool because it creates a better content sharing, with this tool you can keep everyone updated with visual content because you can take a screenshot or a video and share it easily with one link. Easy to use, easy to access, and very helpful. It is a great alternative for other tools its fast and storage is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content sharing and storing visual content, it has helped to have a smoother workflow and create a great space to have every visual content or better said every content saved through screenshot saved, secure and in one place which is awesome. Updates and video sharing its been great it really has solved to keep everyone on the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Marketing and Head of Support
What do you like best?

The app nestled in at the top of my Apple bar, where I can easily access it. It also stores all of my past records, making it easy to organize and find screen recordings or images easier. When I record videos and take screenshots, I like to use the annotation ability to make it very clear what I am asking the person to notice or take action on. This becomes very helpful when sending bugs or fixes to our development department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much, if anything, would be nice to set the compression on the file so it will download quicker, this may be able to be done though, not sure. I also find it difficult creating a team within CloudApp and sharing it with others. Not sure if I am not understanding something specific about the plan I am on or what. It would be cool to know how long someone spends time looking at a video or screenshot I share to advance the tracking a bit more. But overall not much to complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for support and customer success efficiency! Makes it very easy to share in-app features. I also like the notifications you get when someone opens a share or someone new views it for the first time. The new annotation ability it quite nice as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it in our help articles to show users how to navigate, send quick fixes to our dev team in slack, and our support sends gifs to explain user errors in our chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can go to CloudApp and take screenshots quickly and easily edit, add arrows, draw boxes for emphasis and have an easily shareable link created in no time. And if I need to show a a series of actions I can also record my screen without a separate app. CloudApp is the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about CloudApp. The only thing I really dislike is when I accidentally close the app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to take screenshots/screen recordings or need to share a short clip as a GIF, CloudApp is for you! If you wish you could easily edit your screenshots, adding arrows, drawing boxes, adding text for your screenshot, then CloudApp is the app you need in your one place app to do so. If you also have a difficult time locating screenshots on your computer that you take the traditional way, CloudApp will generate a link that is quickly and easily shared. No need to download! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm quickly able to put together screenshots with explanations and point out the most important parts or show where I have questions. I use this to get input from my coworkers on my work, but it's also beneficial when I need to email someone a question about something or if I need to report bugs in code. I can make a video showing how I recreate the error which is awesome! Saves me so much time writing a long detailed description. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

CloudApp is really simple to use. After installing it, it's literally just a point and click and you're up and running. It's obvious how to screen capture, video record, etc. And they make it easy to find all your recordings/screenshots and share them. I also really like the annotation tool, super helpful for when you're trying to do "how-to's" (especially working remotely). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far the tool has been great. A minor bug makes it so my computer doesn't sleep, but I let the product team know and they followed up quickly on their plans to fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working remotely, this tool has been a life saver. Now it's easy to record and share how-to videos and annotated images, user experience flows, etc. And it's just point and click - easy to start and stop, and overall really sleek. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Support Team Lead
What do you like best?

Very fast way to give examples very quick of completed work. I love this tool so much much because you can set up so many shortcuts either on your keyboard or mouse to have a quick screengrab or screencast

I use the Screencast feature ALL THE TIME and our clients absolutely love it because its a great way to show training without having to jump on a call together

Lastly, I even had a conference call with their team that showcased a ton of features they were coming out with and it was a nice touch because it gave us insight into what was to come. I know they probably did this with a lot of their clients. But they truly do appreciate customer relations after the initial sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the load times are a bit long and a bit buggy. It has been getting better with every update, but sometimes I still run into this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I absolutely love this tool a ton! If you are second-guessing getting the pro version of this tool for your business, DON'T! This tool is worth its weight in gold. Thanks so much for always being awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It resolves the issues of sending examples to every client within support to validate for the customer the issue has been resolved on both their end and on ours

The tool cuts down on time that the client is on the phone and cuts down on small training tasks. Also internally it helps us give examples of where our development team needs to address issues and how we were able to replicate errors. Overall this has been a fantastic too for our organization as it has really helped our teams collaborate together more and also help our clients in a way they did not believe was possible.

Every time we get a response from a client that has a screencast, they are more than appreciative because they did not have to call into support to get trained each time on how to do something. Instead, we can provide them with a screencast and they end up just following it and giving us great feedback in return! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contact Center Manager
What do you like best?

It is intuitive to use, then super fast! The shortcuts are variants of those included in my operating system, which makes working with them open. I know the whole explanation of precisely the shortcut/tool when you hover the mouse over the symbols essential for reaching the level. Instead of creating a screen capture and uploading it to the cloud, it all happens together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app often gets sluggish and stops responding. It occurred to me just because I had it for a few days, although I have noticed that some other colleagues have the same problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a unique way to create screen capture movies, especially if you want to use them for virtual assistants or even sales demos, CloudApp is necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From the field of work (SalesOps) I do with Sales Onboarding, I have a vast selection of tables to post. Gift Help shows things in motion to unload a newbie, as well as notes and snippets to help bring data and tables into an email-friendly structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shortcut keys to quickly take screenshots or videos

Ability to integrate with your own servers in order to maintain a high level of data security for the info that you store

Ability for reps to blur out personal identifying info, annotate images, and other security features (expiration of links, password protect, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited options for mass user updates - CloudApp has a way to allow you to set a company email domain that anyone with that domain can create an account in your workspace but since we want to limit users to just our dept we have to send individual invites as well as manually remove users. Having a SFTP option where we can upload a CSV file that gets checked on a regular basis to update our active users and remove old ones would be ideal or an API that allows us to set-up our own automation for user creation and removal so we don't have to do it manually would be great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have free trial accounts - start using the trial version to see if you like the software first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enhanced customer support experience - a lot of customers that give us a 5/5 on customer satisfaction include in their comments how helpful the short demo videos or screenshots were that our support specialist create using CloudApp

Creating Training Materials - A lot of our training slide decks are greatly enhanced by the ability to take a quick screenshot, make a demo video, or a gif very quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The sheer usability of this product is just, *chef's kiss*, perfect. Easily learned keyboard shortcuts let you turn your mind off and get work done. I use this product dozens of times a day and it's one of my most important tools. Even when there have been problems, the customer support was always super helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something, I wish the URLs were shorter like they used to be. But it's honestly not that big of a deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore settings and preferences. If theres something you don't like, a lot of it is customizable. For example, the *ding* sound that's made when you capture something can be very jarring but you can choose a different sound. You can also opt to what is added to your clipboard, whether its a shareable link to content or if it's the content (image) itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fast capture and immediate sharing of recordings is crucial for technical support. Previously we'd record something, then upload it somewhere to be saved and shared. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy access in the top menu bar to make quick GIFs and screen recordings. It's also really nice that I can go back and grab those recordings later if needed since they're stored in the cloud. I love that there's an easy to use Dashboard to view all of my recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see a Chrome extension - not sure if there is one. If there is, I'm sure it works great. Otherwise there's really nothing to dislike since the app is so easy to use and I love using it.

I'd highly recommend Cloud App to anyone that needs a tool to capture GIFs or screen recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download it, you have nothing to lose! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes it so much easier to grab a GIF to add to help docs and customer emails. I can also go back and reuse them if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly screenshot, record, access and especially share material across my organisation. The tool is quick and easy in use but provides a lot of value. We use GIFs to quickly highlight a certain page or feature and include these in many of our material, from sales to product support to marketing and for internal sharing. It's easy to use (easy navigation) quick to access, great integration and sharing functionality. We've multiple people leveraging this throughout the company and they are all equally happy with the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike about the tool. I'd just say that it sometimes interferes with the Mac built-in screenshot commands, but this is a quick fix! I'd like for the preference menu to be a bit more elaborate but CloudApp is the perfect tool overall and we use it on a daily basis across many of our departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely would recommend this tool, for any department (marketing, customer-facing) etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we're solving is quick and easy sharing of material across the org and externally through the links CloudApp generates. The benefits we've realised is more efficient sharing and centralised storage of material. We are also able to help others quickly understand features through use of the annotation options (arrows, text) or GIFs to show what to do or what we want to highlight quickly. There's not a day that goes by without us using this tool across our departments, it's become central. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great for taking screenshots and annotating them to explain things clearly to developers and customers. It's the only screenshot tool I use and annotate everything quite heavily so there is never any confusion. Also good for recording video/screencasts for training or explaining. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Searching for a screenshot you took 3 years ago on the web interface is very slow, I basically page till I find the right month then click manually through the pages. I wish it had better filtering for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is only the second such tool I have used for this, but it meets our requirements 100%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solves:

- Dealing with remote developers

- Explaining screenshots to customers

- Sending files, since they are hosted online and we just send branded links which allow comments

- Allows us to see when a customer views the details in a support ticket

- No more image editors needed, I have laid out entire interfaces on it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.