ClickUp Reviews & Product Details

Programmes Officer
What do you like best?

It's very easy to add tasks, and I love it that I can have an overview of all the tasks from different projects (very helpful!) according to timeline. The ability to customize the look and layout is also fantastic! The onboarding experience is great - I learn all the key things within a short time - thanks to the clear and engaging videos. They have recently upgraded the mobile app - so it looks much better and easier to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is none. One suggestion is to have manual input on time spent on each task so that I can see how many hours/days I spend for all the tasks under each project per week/month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to juggle multiple tasks by having an overview of all the tasks from multiple projects according to the timeline. I am clear on what I need to focus on for the day itself and the weeks ahead, so that definitely helps in completing the tasks in an effective way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ClickUp Overview

What is ClickUp?

ClickUp is one app to replace them all. It's the future of work. More than just task management - ClickUp offers docs, reminders, goals, calendars, and even an inbox. Fully customizable, ClickUp works for every type of team, so all teams can use the same app to plan, organize, and collaborate. ClickUp’s core mission is to make the world more productive by removing friction caused by using so many different applications. Built for teams of all sizes and industries, ClickUp’s fully customizable and proprietary features make it a must-have for any teams that want to keep everything from design to development in one place. The platform allows deep modularity in the form of add-ons called ‘ClickApps’, allowing rich customization for each team individually. ClickUp allows you to create custom views that you can save and share with anyone and is packed full of proprietary features such as Assigned Comments, LineUp™, and Box view for unprecedented management of people. ClickUp’s flexibility, simplicity, and ease of use make it a leader in what's being called the 'next generation of work tools'.

ClickUp Details

Teams waste so much time switching between tools—ClickUp's mission is to save people time by replacing those tools with one. Fully customizable, ClickUp works for every type of team, so all teams can use the same app to plan, organize, and collaborate. With tasks, docs, goals, and more, over 200,000+ teams use ClickUp to save one day every week. Unlike other tools, ClickUp scales with you—from a single power user to 10,000+ employee enterprise, ClickUp works for everyone.

ClickUp
2016
San Diego, CA

ClickUp Videos

ClickUp Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ClickUp community
Have you used ClickUp before?

ClickUp Reviews

Showing 2,516 ClickUp reviews
Showing 2,516 reviews
Already have ClickUp?
President/CEO
Videographer
Project Manager
What do you like best?

I enjoy the multiple features that Clickup provides. You have the ability to set up a task and subtasks in ways that I have not seen in other project management platforms. It takes a while to get used to and understand how to use all the different features while setting up one project/task/subtasks, but once you do, work becomes much more streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was not thrilled with the Harvest integration. I found the time tracking features to be annoying, but for my work, I do switch between subtasks a lot. I think if someone is working on a single part of a project the timer tool would not be an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Clickup to help manage the multiple different projects for our clients. Clickup helps us stay on top of deadlines and manage different aspects of a project by assigning different subtasks to different team members. Being able to assign different subtasks to different team members is incredibly helpful. Most project management tools I have used only allow you to assign to one person at a time or add multiple people to the overall project, so it is hard getting a beat on who owns what task. Clickup has solved this issue for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder | CEO
What do you like best?

The custom fields are the best, the lineup and task tray make it super easy to keep track of what you're working on. We are also working on putting in all our standard operating processes to make this a one-stop-shop for all work in our company. We use the custom fields to set departments and roles so that we can break down work by role and have new people in our organization easily see what they need to tackle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slower than our previous system (Asana), but the features and functionality more than make up for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've outgrown Asana or are looking to consolidate all your processes and workflows in one place (especially for an agency), Clickup is a great choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're an agency with multiple clients and multiple internal projects and Clickup helps us organize, manage, track and complete all our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager
What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to modify quickly for personalization, the ability to set calendar reminders in order to keep track of deadlines, the ability to categorize easily depending on various filters. There is also a feature to change visual views in order to better gague workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does take some training to get the hang of the different views and spaces to maximize utilization - but their customer support team is always adding training content and is super responsive. The ability to use keyboard shortcuts, while beneficial, is hard to memorize or remember. Again, this probably comes with more help overtime from training videos. I would like to see even more templates based on industries (i.e. accounting, legal, etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please check them out! I enjoy the free version and it provides everything I need in order to manage my workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Work management. As an accountant there are many items moving at once and ClickUp is used as an extension of our internal work flow management processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality Engineer
What do you like best?

During my search for a task based program, I kept coming back to ClickUp because of how customizable it is. I was able to do so much initially with the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a need to see the closed tasks and one thing I noticed is that the due date keeps changing even when the task is closed. We worked around that issue by deleting the due date once the status was changed to closed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a dept of 10 people that have specific jobs (tasks) to perform for each project that comes in. The problem we had was knowing when each task was completed & which tasks remained open. The dept manager had to ask his people multiple times a day what their progress was and then transfer that knowledge to the spreadsheet. ClickUp enables each person to update, comment and attach necessary documents to the project thereby freeing up the dept managers time for other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Somehow the whole package because everything it's very customizable. From the tasks' custom fields up to the workspace.

I like a lot the fact that every item on hierarchy, even the task, can be shared with other colleagues. This is a very granular permission system.

Integrations are a big part from this package and these can make the difference.

For me, the most important feature is the automation, because it's a time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of overview. Even with dashboards and Everything "space" I struggle sometimes to get the right perspective over my tasks. Recently, they updated to version 2.73, also the Home v2, which looks much friendly than the last one.

I really would like to have the possibility to share templates from one workspace to another one.

Also, I would like to be able to change all spaces | folders | lists if I change the template which was applied one them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ClickUp has very powerful features. Besides "ClickUpApps" which are fantastic, you can combine ClickUp with many other third party apps. One of these 3rd apps is Zapier. Combining these 2 apps you get more than you can imagine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using ClickUp for both personal and business tasks. It really helps me to save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that the team pushes new features weekly. If I'm going to be subscribed to something, I expect that there are new changes that come up frequently. ClickUp exceeds these expectations. I love that I'm able to have all of my different kinds of lists all in one place. I'm able to have my bucket list in the same workspace as where I keep my web-design tasks and also in the same workspace as my chores. My life can finally be all in one place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ClickUp is quite advanced, so when I'm introducing it to a new teammate, it can seem intimidating and requires me to train them on the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I complete all of my work through ClickUp. I base all of my invoices off of the time that is tracked with this tool. I also am able to keep my documents in clickup which allows me to create meeting minutes and then embed tasks right in those minutes. I am the perfect user of the product because I want to be able to organize my personal life and my work life all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Where do I start, there's so much to say?

The feature set is so far beyond competitors like Asana it's almost shameful.

And the UI and UX are brilliant. They've built shortcut keys into their design for everything, like they thought it all through ground-up from a power user's perspective. (Feels like they used to use Emacs back in the day or something...)

And when I need to do something, I just do what I intuitively think will work, and it does! Like 19 times out of 20! For example, I wanted to drag-and-drop a task between lists. So I just tried dragging and dropping and IT WORKED! Conversely, today I just tried to drag-and-drop to reorder my playlist in YouTube music... and it didn't. That's what I mean they've thought about everything. I could go on and on but you really just need to try it. It's the best built system I've ever used, period, and I've been at this 36 years.

Also, the couple of times I couldn't immediately figure out how to do something, I just googled for the answer and their docs are so comprehensive that the answers came up on the first hit or two.

The training videos are great and to the point, and they just sprinkle them in every once in a while and that makes it super easy for me to digest them. I've never seen a company do this before. It's brilliant and graceful.

And the customer service is phenomenal. The person I've worked with is so nice and so real. No pretenses or acting "official" or anything. Just a real, caring person who wants to help. She totally went out of her way to find a workaround for me for one thing I needed - she totally took ownership. And then we got into a great philosophical conversation about business, and we also had a bunch of wonderful Wayne's World memes flying back and forth. I mean, not only did we get the problem solved, but we had a lot of fun doing it! And God knows the world needs more joy. I feel like this company is now my personal friend. The book "Good To Great" talks about creating raving fans... well they've gone far beyond that with me: they've created a sense of family and community.

Their road map is transparent and they allow you to see and vote up features you want! I love it! It's like there's no red tape or BS between me and them - it makes it such a joy to use and participate in the dev community.

Did I mention that everything works so well! So many on-point and useful features, and the design is so clean and everything works so fast! It's like you clearly have someone who really cares at the engineering helm using it himself or herself, and they're making it the way they would want it for themselves.

In fact, everything about the product and the company makes it clear that there is both heart and quality at the source of it all. The product, the customer service team, the documentation, the videos... everything, soup to nuts, start to finish.

Some companies feel like they are run by a "bottom line" mentality or a "this is my job and it's my job to do X, Y, and Z and make this competitive and successful" ego mentality. But this company truly feels like it is led by heart, and everything works so much better in that energy.

I now LOVE MY BIG 'OL TO-DO LIST because I feel so empowered by ClickUp!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, and I don't say that lightly, because I always find UI and UX issues and feature issues with everything I use. I'm always saying to about other pieces of software, "Why would they do this? Why not that? Where is this feature? C'mon, people!" But not with ClickUp. I'm even finding features I had not thought of and when I see them I'm like, "Wow, that's a brilliant idea!"

Thus far, they were only missing 1 small feature - in their List or Table view, it doesn't currently allow you to show the Space, Folder, or List that a task is associated with, so you can't sort or filter by that. But it's on their todo list, and they found a workaround for me so I'm good to go. Other than that, I love absolutely everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run several different businesses and the way ClickUp is designed it's so easy for me to narrow my focus down to one business or when I need to I can see everything that's going on across all businesses. I mean, they thought through so well all of the customizable views and filtering options. It's ridiculous. I've been able to set things up exactly how I need them and my hands haven't been tied once. Conversely, my hands were tied in a number of ways with Asana. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Product Officer
What do you like best?

- Simplicity and versatility are the most brilliant things

- Automation is just the top-notch

- Almost no other apps needed to be productive

- Dozens of issue views

- Recurring issues!

- Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Very weak text editor, it seems that nobody in the team ever used any other wiki engines

- Low performance (lags) while working with a big batch of issues

- Lack of dynamic filters on the issues board

- Weak integration with Google Calendar (no options for fine-tuning, for example, I cannot turn off notifications from Calendar events spamming my email)

- No Google login for personal use (feels unsafe, to be honest)

- Weak permissions control

- No option to log in with 2 or more accounts (if personal and business accounts are separated)

- No option to add non-licensed users such as technical accounts, holder account

- Sorting issues is a big weak spot (no option to sort issues by custom fields, such as list, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ClickUp is just brilliant in their's constant pursuit for the final goal, like "One tool to do it's all." It's a big and ambitious goal, so it will take years until they will be ready to say that they are achieved it. But they are on the straight right way to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Personal task tracker (I've not forgotten anything since started to use ClickUp for personal purposes, it helps to keep every project and even personal life all-in-one)

- Task tracker for business purposes (I've started to think about how to use as many tools provided as possible and begin to integrate ClickUp for our business and it seems to be good, but when the text editor will become fancier like not-laggy-Confluence) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Manager
What do you like best?

The interface is very simple and user-friendly. It updates in real-time, and has multiple notification settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The new app for iOS and iPad OS is a bit buggy, could use some work in polishing bugs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a cloud tool that allows you to create your own statuses, have different integrations and offers different views, look no more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project management and task management. ClickUp is my second brain, as I put all my reminders and to dos in it. It allows me to easily sort content by having different views, and really adapting to my workflow. It allows to easily paste copied screenshots, time-track activites, and it is very flexible in terms of organizing and classifying my to dos. I have tried multiple project and task management tools such as Asana, Trello, Monday.com, Todoist, Things3, Any.do and Microsoft To Do, and ClickUp is the one that has best adapted to my daily workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virginia Tech Men's Basketball Graduate Assistant
What do you like best?

Customizability of lists and list fields, different view modes, available templates, ease of use across platforms (web and mobile) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I am unaware of some of the shortcuts/hot keys but am constantly learning / seeing these suggestions pop up- maybe another form of introduction to these shortcuts or an easily accessible tooltip to show a quick legend of these shortcuts could be of use to speed up the workflow.

Just now seeing and learning about the automation feature. Wondering how this can be leveraged for my use of the platform.

For my use (as a student), I wonder how any sort of connection to Canvas could leveraged to auto populate some of these due dates/assignments. Due to the popularity of Canvas, that could be something to explore for y’all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staying on task and getting things DONE! Love supporting Zeb as a fellow Hokie.

I’ve realized how dependent on I am on work management to get things done correctly and on time. Being able to customize everything to basically whatever degree possible has caused me to switch from my normal work management tool (Google Keep) to here due to:

- reminders/nudges (emails, notifications, etc.)

- ability to customize pretty much everything I could think of

- alternative views (maps, charts, tables, etc.)

- status field - LOVE this. There is something just so satisfying about finishing a task and seeing a little animation / change in color

Overall, happy with the experience so far! Excited to follow along with the team and the products progress! Go Hokies! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Specialist
What do you like best?

ClickUp has a ton of free features that are usually *exclusive* premium tools on other platforms. My favorite of which is the time-tracker, assigning team members to tasks, and the fact that everything happens all in one platform. The ability to see data in multiple forms - spreadsheet style, mindmaps, agile, etc., allows team members with visual preferences to absorb data and make decisions in a much more concise, timely manner. And if there are questions - they can simply leave a comment and I'm notified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming at times because of all the different features available on ClickUp. I certainly believe ClickUp has the potential to completely replace 2-4 different softwares with it's comprehensive suite, but it can take quite a few tutorials to get the hang of it and use it to its full potential. However, this drawback is the reason why I do not add clients to the ClickUp dashboard. I use Trello for that. It has a simpler interface and is more client-friendly and front-facing. ClickUp, as it stands, is great for back-end, detailed project management. If you're the type of freelancer or agency that needs your client on the same platform, it may not be the best fit unless all your clients already have a technical background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the ability to brain-dump ideas and tasks, but I feel like I can't do that on the regular list view. I wish there was a task lineup feature that can be separated by category rather than just a single, catch-all feature. This may already be possible, but I just haven't found it yet. Maybe I need a demo...or another tutorial.

Managing projects with multiple team members has been much more effective with the use of ClickUp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Manager
What do you like best?

The ability to stay organized with different view capabilities. The fact they have free and low-cost options is great, as well. Personally, we are using the free version and love it, so we will likely upgrade.

The mobile app now has the inbox so I can use it the way I want. I have really enjoyed getting to know the product, keeping track with all of my projects, and having my team involved throughout the whole process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty sharp. While that’s not really a critique that is their fault (in this case), it is something they have done a good job at addressing. With so many options, this services is both amazing and daunting. The time it takes to become proficient is less than ideal.

The mobile app is woefully underwhelming. While it is still in development and they have provided a comprehensive look at their dev timeline, it is still a bit feature deficient.

I would still highly recommend it, but these are few things I think can be further mitigated moving forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management, development steps, task management, team organization and structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Illustrator
What do you like best?

ClickUp Hierarchy

The multi-level hierarchy allows me to organize and group tasks together to my heart's content. This makes the app/my workspace feel very much like my own and not just a tool that I use to accomplish things.

Multiple Calendar and Task Views

It's a robust project management and a calendar. You get the best features of both in one app!

In actual use, this means I can have separate calendars or task views for work and for personal stuff. It helps when I need to be laser-focused on a project. But at the same time, there's always the Everything view (one of my favorite views) where if I open the app, I can get a quick look of everything that's ahead of me for the entire month.

Docs

I love that I can create a document inside the app, it's very helpful when I have some information that needs to be referenced a lot while working on some project or arranging my schedule and tasks. No need to find it in my hard drive or go back and forth between two apps.

I also use it to dump ideas - say, for a blog post - and I can add more content, rearrange my thoughts, and minimize detailed explanations all inside that document. And then I can link it to a task, mark it as "in progress", and have it tagged with its blog category in List View. This makes for a better workflow than having to copy paste between apps or saving my ideas in various locations without an easy access. (Tip: Best used with the Favorites shortcut feature.)

Nice Interface

The overall design is very clean and cute, for me, with lots of options (especially regarding colors) to customize it to your own liking. I'm an artist, so I truly appreciate that I can pick my own colors and have all my tasks color-coded! I have color groups for art projects, business-related tasks, and personal activities. And then I also color code those based on status. I'm very much abusing this feature. Not to mention, they have the most beautiful dark mode that I have ever seen.

Desktop/Windows App

It's one of the reasons why I decided to check out ClickUp instead of sticking to my old project management app.

T