Clever Portal Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I like that with the Clever platform you can easily sign on to just about any website or application that you can imagine. It has excellent applications in the school environment and almost all educational websites and applications are available to connect with. If you don't already have an account on some websites it will set one up for you, or guide you through a quick sign up process using the information connected to your clever account. I have found this most useful when I connect the websites and applications that I use the most and then organize them into a "class" or group where I can then click the link for a single sign on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is navigating to find the apps or websites that you use the most. I think that it could be easier to access these areas of the website. At the moment there are a lot of categories and groups which make it difficult to find exactly what you are looking for unless you use the search tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try because you might find that the time saving functions of this platform are well worth your school or districts investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to log on once and then access all of the websites that I need is excellent. I no longer have the problem of spending a lot of class time signing on to platforms that I use on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clever Portal Overview

What is Clever Portal?

Clever gives students and teachers a single login for all of their online learning programs and resources, personalized for each user's needs.

Clever Portal Details

Clever Portal
2012
San Francisco, CA
@clever

Answer a few questions to help the Clever Portal community
Have you used Clever Portal before?

Clever Portal Reviews

Showing 15 Clever Portal reviews
Already have Clever Portal?
Postmaster
What do you like best?

We use this clever portal for my kids' online learning courses. It's a portal with multiple apps together, just feel it's easy to manage all of the apps that my kids online learning. Our current school zone is using the app, which has the most important app called "Schoology", it includes all the links that my kids class uses. Like the teacher's zoom links for online learning, teacher's updates for each class, other teachers' webpage that my kids can check as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

(1) It's not that user-friendly, every time I have to log on again when restarting my computer.

(2) Besides, there's no way to turn in my kids' homework by phone, too much trouble when I try to submit my kids' homework. Every day when I try to submit their homework, I have to take pictures of their homework and then send to my email address, download from the computer and then submit. It would be great if I can submit kids homework by cellphone.

(3) Another parts I don't like is it's said that people can manage multiple accounts through one page, like family accounts, but I haven't set up successfully yet.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I will recommend, still a good app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just manage my kids' online learning class as a parent. Benefits are some school apps are all installed in one portal, so that it's easier to use on class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Technician
What do you like best?

The Clever portal works amazing when it works. The best parts are that all of the students' information and links are in one single page. This is also the same page they use to login to their Chromebooks, so it makes it super useful for little kids. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The problem with having a one-stop-shop like this is that if there is an issue with it on the user end or the clever side it could be catastrophic for users. In this case, the users are small children so it can make some problems that are simple becomme very large issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer service seemed non-existent at some times. Expect to be setting this up on your own. This system is not the easiest to set up either. It requires some pre-planning, forethought, and an expectation that if you get it wrong, you will have to fix it yourself. I along with another person were able to get it running but there was some delays initially.

You have to weigh the positives with the negatives. If you have little children that are one-to-one with Chromebooks, this is a nice solution that will help them and their parents not feel confused when logging into your devices or websites. But you need to have the planning and forethought to get the system set up ahead of time to plan for some unexpected delays and issues that may arise without any warning. When we made this decision, we decided it was worth it to the students, parents, and staff. Because of this, we went along with the system and have been using it since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem we solve with this is the ability to have small children login to their computer and other systems like reading eggs or math seeds using their single clever badge. It definitely better than having kindergarteners memorize a password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Clever Portal
Head Swim Coach
What do you like best?

I love that students can log onto Clever with several different methods. They can use their school email, their student ID or even a unique QR code that they hold up to their laptop to log on. We can even help them find their passwords if they forget them. Clever also holds lots of different applications and home screens for all of their teachers. Almost like a virtual classroom.

For example, in my homepage, I have the apps listed for them to easily access their student textbook online, their Vocabulary.com practice site, Canvas (Where they turn in online work), and other useful apps. Their are TONS to choose from.

Students can also message you on Clever directly if they need help (Only to teachers). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike about clever. Clever is amazing and is the integration that we need during distance learning! The only thing that I can suggest for improvement is sending alerts to our email when a student messages us on Clever. That probably already exists, but I haven't played around in the settings for very long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend using Clever, you can see when your students have logged on last and interacted with Clever, which apps they used and how long they been inactive, giving you and your administrative team clear targeting goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It links applications together that need to be seamlessly connected to an account and makes it easier on the students (and the teachers, and tech workers in our district). For example, we can sync our classes with Canvas, Newsela, Vocab.com, and SO Many more!

I can direct students to Clever to access just about anything that they need online, and they can easily find it and log on through the portal with just a few clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

STEM Math Elementary Coordinator Grades 3rd - 5th
Education Management
What do you like best?

The Clever Portal is a one stop shop for teachers and students to easily access the district resources. Teachers and students do not have to toggle through several documents to find the links to district purchased resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search option isn't as accurate as we would like for it to be. You have to be sure to include the correct name of the product you are searching for in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Clever options in professional development to ensure teachers know where the options are located. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teachers and students do not have to look over all of the district resources to access the tools. One simple log-in is all that is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how you can get to your website fastest. It has everything that I need, such as SchoolsPLP, plus I got code.org. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, there are some things I simply hate about this website. (1) I can't delete any apps that I don't need, (2) why the heck does Google appear in the apps? You don't need that! Google is just a search engine. If you have Google Chrome, you don't need that. What's the point? (3) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't currently have any to solve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Clever makes it so much easier to use technology with students, particularly young ones! They don't have to remember separate usernames and passwords for the multiple websites I like to use with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I don't have any negatives to report about using Clever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer have to help 100 middle school students keep track of various usernames and passwords, many of which had varying requirements. It's also incredibly easy to sync websites with my Google Classroom and keep my students organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I absolutely love that Clever allows multiple applications and access to those applications all in one place. This is extremely simple to maneuver and access - whether as a staff member or student! The layout is clean and clear with simple scrolling to and nice and bright icons. Clever allows students and staff to access multiple programs in one area. It allows the staff a central location to gather information and resources the administration or district may provide - limiting the confusion on where to go to obtain the valuable information provided in a timely manner. Students are able to keep their classes together in Clever and access their textbooks, schedules and current homework all in one centralized location. This allows students to stay organized and maintain work in one location - preventing losses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when you click on an application and your simple sign in - automatic login - does not follow thus prompting you to reenter your credentials. There is one downside to utilizing Clever with student records and that is grades are not stored in Clever. You would need to import their grades over to whatever system you use for that. Other than that, the program runs smoothly and offers the ease of accessing multiple applications and sharing communications with needed staff in a quick and efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are wanting to consolidate your programs you utilize amongst staff - and students if in the education field - Clever is the right portal to use! I recommend all companies that use more than one program - including time card/clock in software - to give Clever a try. It will simplify your work load with the ability to access staff reports and work and it will simplify your staff's time as they are able to utilize one source for production, resources, and information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clever is used in my environment for easy access to staff resources and programs needed throughout the day. Applications such as: time card reporting, trainings, professional development, district wide news and updates, student assistance services and more! The benefits that clever provides in my day to day work is the simplicity to access all programs I need with the click of a button. I do not have to log into multiple locations in order to get into the one program that I need. Everything is at the tip of my fingers. Clever also combines all staff into the one program - whether you are administration, instructional or support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Educator
What do you like best?

I love that all of the website I need and my students use are all in one place and linked together to keep things flowing smoothly. I also love that students don't have a ton of passwords to memorize to complete online work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some things I still don't know or use in this application. I hate when tips pop up when I am in a hurry and trying to log into a website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forgetting all of students' passwords and even website URLs that we use is a thing of the past! I love it organized for students as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Rep
What do you like best?

I enjoy the integration that is accessible using this product. It really helps to not have to use different sites. I am able to use this website to help with cross-platform communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesn't integrate well with ALL online schooling sites. There are some sites that cause lag and miscommunication between the servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on integration and being able to cut down on the number of applications and websites we have to use in order to conduct ourselves and our students in a successful manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I really like being able to set this up once and have all sign in information to all learning platforms in one area. It cuts down on transition time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to log out to log back in, but it rare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems that are solved with using Clever are many. Since all of student and staff login information is stored here, it's easy to search for the platform you would like to use and click instead of having students remember username and password for all the different platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like being able to go to one place to access multiple applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered any downsides for using clever. There is nothing currently that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

the clever portal saves time for my students and myself, so that we don't have to log in separately to multiple educational apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

that you get get to your school websites quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that it has access to delete all your homework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

give users access to do work privet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

many problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ESL teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to have students navigate to a variety of learning tools. They can complete an assignment on one site and move to another if they finish early. It is very convenient to have so many resources collected in one space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Students sometimes lose their printed badges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made it a lot easier to keep students on task. There are many resources available in one place so they can complete assignments, do research, practice math, read, and even code. It has been a lot easier to manage technology use when students are logged into Clever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Its a great way to consolidate all your apps you use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can have some bugs and crashes sometimes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a little time to get used to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all my apps in one place is so helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clever allows most of my programs required for the district to be in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t a way to add other programs to clever so that ALL of my programs needed for day-to-day are in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of day to day use of programs the district requires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.