Classy Reviews & Product Details

What is Classy?

Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Since 2011, more than 4,000 nonprofits have collectively raised over one billion dollars on the Classy platform. From crowdfunding to peer-to-peer fundraising, event registration & management, and one-time or recurring donations, nonprofits of all sizes trust Classy to manage all of their online fundraising under one roof. Classy’s award-winning, open API empowers anyone to build custom tools and unique supporter experiences, and out of the box integrations with third-party tools like Salesforce and MailChimp provide the most robust and powerful donor ecosystem in the market. For more information, visit www.classy.org.

Classy Screenshots

1-25 of 57 total Classy reviews

Classy Reviews

1-25 of 57 total Classy reviews
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Seamless donation platform for a small non-profit"

What do you like best?

Classy makes managing our organization’s donations seamless – from recurring donations to peer to peer fundraising. As a young non-profit with only one paid staff person – Classy has helped to make these processes much easier. I especially appreciate all of the resources from the blog to the guides that are sent via the newsletter. This removes a lot of the trial and error of launching a new initiative, like when we started our recurring giving program.

What do you dislike?

My only challenge is price point, which is definitely a big % for our small non-profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does take a dedicated IT/web professional to integrate Classy onto the website, so smaller organizations may have some challenges. While there are various benefits to Classy, when making sure that it's right for your NP/NGO, it's important to take note that there's both an annual cost plus a 3% transaction fee per donation.

Management of donations, reports, and donors. I didn't realize how easy it would be to manage donor information. I also really like all the user resources available on Classy's website and newsletter

Community Outreach Director

"User-friendly platform and beyond"

What do you like best?

Classy is extremely user-friendly and the personal aspect of the platform is wonderful. Our organization receives constant support regarding platform questions, fundraising ideas and in helping us reach our goals in methods that are best for us.

What do you dislike?

It is my understanding Classy has expanded and a new system of representatives is in place. Our experience with our new representative felt busy and a little less personal than the first.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Classy is a platform that can allow you to succesfully fundraise with kids or multi-million dollar companies. I recommend Classy to an organization seeking to fundraise successfully, looking to grow and interested in working with people who care.

We track ALL of our donations through classy. It is the system that manages our donor profiles for one-time or recurring donors. We utilize Classy to create appealing web pages for tracking ticket sales, selling merchandise, and tracking free event registration. Utilizing Classy has allowed us to stay organized and empowered to raise more money for the children with cancer we support.

Development and Communications Coordinator

"Simple, modern platform that makes processing online gifts a breeze!"

What do you like best?

We had been using Classy for a few years and then decided to switch to a different platform. That was a HUGE mistake. We ended up switching almost immediately (even paying for two platforms at once). We love Classy's modern design for it's fundraising and event pages. We love how simple it is to edit the design of these pages. The best part of Classy is how smooth the integration is with Salesforce. While we have had some issues with certain data not being pushed in, the team is always responsive in trying to correct the error. The chat function is especially useful when I have small questions to ask. Additionally, I enjoy their blog posts and resource emails and can always count on their site to have resources to download for all our communication and fundraising needs. Overall we have had a great experience using Classy and will continue to use their platform for our online giving.

What do you dislike?

We do wish there was a bit more flexibility in the kinds of things we can edit for the designs but it gets the job done well as is. For example, we often wish to customize certain colors on one button vs. a theme but are unable to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Classy to anyone who wants to make beautifully designed campaigns without having any html or design knowledge and who wants their data to be pushed accurately and quickly into salesforce for processing.

Classy helps us both process and automize our online gift processing so that I have more time to do other work and less time uploading data into Salesforce. By hosting our events and our fundraising campaigns on Classy we can easily create beautifully designed campaigns and generate more revenue.

Development Coordinator

"Classy is great. Amazing customer service and great product."

What do you like best?

Classy offers an easy-to-use (back-end and front-end) software for our small organization. We have tried 4-5 other event softwares and Classy is our favorite by far.

Price negotiations were fair and the Classy staff was fantastic during our onboarding experience. It truly felt like they were intending the best for us and that felt great.

The customer support team is phenomenal. Any time we have had questions we have had them resolved and more in 20 minutes or way less.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I run into features that I think are missing (it is important to realize that one software will not solve all of your problems). Classy has a great "suggestions" feature though that you can add tips for their developers.

We are creating beautiful event and donation pages and exciting our donor-base. Classy is easy to use on the front end and our users love it.

Chief Storyteller
Religious Institutions

"Worth every penny and the BEST support"

What do you like best?

Classy has been an excellent tool for our org. It has changed the way we are able to raise funds. In the past two years, we have been with Classy, we have seen a big increase in new donors. The ease of the platform is great. Any time I have had a question, it is answered quickly via their chat feature. Our rep is amazing and always has great feedback and ideas to help our campaigns get better and better.

As a non-profit, cost is always our biggest factor. The Classy platform has paid for itself and we will never look back.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say anything that I dislike. Customer service is the best I have ever experienced. There are constant updates to the platform. It is one of the best product experiences I have ever had.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait. You are losing donations while you are deciding!

It really helps us connect with new donors and expand our reach. Being able to have people jump right in and raise funds for our different programs is awesome. We use crowdfunding as well to help folks raise funds for their mission trips. It has been a huge success.

Volunteer Director of the Booster Fund for Faculty and Student Essentials

"Classy is even amazing for schools"

What do you like best?

I understand that as a not for profit, you might be put off by the software and transaction fees, however, the fees more than pay for themselves in the inordinate amounts of time the software saves the associates or volunteers at your organization. The time savings are a huge plus. The record keeping is also amazing. You know the donor who asks, "how much did I give last year?" Or who asks, "How much have I given so far this year?" The record keeping is very valuable. The ability to pass records from associate to associate is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

In absence of ecommerce "store" features, our organization still uses tools like Shopify to run charity "sales."

Problem: Record keeping is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Managing donor receipts is too cumbersome. Solved with Classy.

Problem: Information and reporting is too inaccessible. Solved with CLassy.

Problem: We need a web developer to customize something or update something. Solved with Classy.

National Programs Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Classy is by far THE BEST online fundraising platform for nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

Classy not only offers an outstanding variety of tools, like donation pages, crowdfunding campaign pages, peer-to-peer fundraising and more, they provide unmatched design capabilities. You do not have to simply accept a bland, generic prototype like other platforms, but can customize the look and feel of each to best support your brand and the particular appeal. To the extent features are standardized and cannot be changed, Classy is constantly adding new functionality and always innovating and looking for ways to improve their product. In addition, their customer service is excellent. The reporting tools (how many transactions, how much, by whom, when, etc.) are also sophisticated.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the reporting tools prior to the recent upgrade in software were easier to use, but I'm confident the kinks in the new version will be ironed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth it!

We became Classy clients in order to better monetize our website and begin to build a robust online fundraising presence. To date, three years into using Classy, we have achieved these goals and continue to grow our online donations at a rapid pace.

Senior Director of Strategy & Operations
Farming

"Fantastic Support"

What do you like best?

The customer service and ideas. My account manager, Audrey, always goes above and beyond, showing me free tools to implement design or introducing me to other vendors who can streamline my processes. The tools are simple to use and the reporting is extremely transparent. The software is compatible with Salesforce which enables efficiency. Would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options that I was a bit overwhelmed when I first began, but my account manger did a fantastic job of guiding me on where to begin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We reviewed three companies, but found Classy to be the most comprehensive and at the best value.

We are in the process of learning how to solicit funds from individuals. Classy has a full suite of tools to learn on your own in addition to very creative account managers. They host webinars and send eblasts that are full of great ideas on Giving Tuesday Campaigns, crowd funding and other topics. As a new person in development, I also found their conference extremely valuable, not just by their tools, but networking as well. I feel that they are an extension of my team and really support my mission.

Director of Communications & Special Events

"Love Classy!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for nearly 4 years now and I absolutely love the customizability of the platform. Everything looks completely cohesive with our website and organizational branding. It's also incredibly easy to continue to run similar campaigns year after year thanks to the platform. The integration with Salesforce has been a major deciding factor in keeping Classy through the years as well.

What do you dislike?

As with any technology, there tend to be some trouble points for new users signing up on the platform. Our biggest problem has been around people RSVPing for events and using their email for all of their guests, which then creates a mess inside of our Salesforce instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

There used to be a huge time drag before we used Classy, and even with other platforms like mobile bidding, when it comes to importing information into Salesforce. Classy's integration makes it super easy to see donations and progress in Salesforce in real time.

Executive Director

"Hands Down Best Nonprofit Fundraising Platform"

What do you like best?

It's beautiful & simple design make it so simple to create fundraising pages and events right out of the box. It also has the flexibility to be customized to whatever your needs are.

What do you dislike?

All of my nitpicks are very in-the-weeds, like the answers to custom questions aren't on the registration receipt and can't be changed by the user. But those are really just feature requests and Classy is really good about listening to their customers and adapting the platform to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's hands-down the best platform, especially for small-medium sized nonprofits looking to scale but don't have big teams to implement the more clunky fundraising platforms. But Classy is just as well-equipped to handle even the biggest nonprofits too (and many of them would be well-served if they actually switched to Classy).

Classy (and its founders) literally inspired me to start my own nonprofit, which has raised more than $1 million all on Classy.org. For 7 years we were able to work in the slivers of our spare time growing our nonprofit, but thanks to Classy's platform they've made it incredibly easy for us to scale and create more and more impact each year. We literally wouldn't exist without it.

Advancement Associate

"Giving Time Back to Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Classy enables us to take the donor experience to the next level through seamless customization of donation pages and efficient integration with Salesforce. Classy is also constantly providing resources and sharing best practices to fundraising professionals to improve techniques and increase donations.

What do you dislike?

Additional customization is always ideal. It is my understanding that Classy is always actively working to provide additional features to users to increase customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended Classy to colleagues with other organizations. It provides such a modern experience for donors; but also offers administrators a lot of convenience.

Classy provides a donation webpage, in which donors can learn about opportunities to give, while also processing transactions, providing donors with immediate receipts, and integrating all data into Salesforce. Benefits realized include the ability to develop many different donation pages for our different campaigns, which all seamlessly integrate into Salesforce.

Manager of Special Events

"Dynamic Fundraising Platform with Exceptional Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Our organization has been using Classy as a platform for registration and fundraising for nearly 4 years. During that time, we have been most impressed by the customer service provided by the Classy team. The staff at Classy is always eager to help, which makes for a better experience for us, and for our users.

What do you dislike?

It has taken some of our users time to get on board with our new platform (prior to using Classy beginning in 2016, we had used a different platform for years). We find Classy to be user friendly, but worry that some of our supporters do not.

Classy has allowed our event attendees to get registered online ahead of time and given them an opportunity to raise more funds for our organization.

Team Member Engagement and Systems Manager

"Classy rocks!"

What do you like best?

After a long search and some testing of other systems, Classy was the perfect solution for our nonprofit needs. It is easy to use, intuitive, and connects with our Salesforce environment. The customer support and coaching is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce connection from time-to-time does need some attention and the Classy integration team is pretty small so the response time is slow. But if I follow-up they always respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use (both on the backend and for donors), can connect with Salesforce, and the ability to host events through the same system is great!

Donation pages, peer-to-peer campaigns and events. With the easy to use donation platform, we have increased our donations and have even been able to explore hosting events. The support and coaching we get from their team is truly amazing.

President

"LHPPMF, Inc Experience with Classy"

What do you like best?

We have been using Classy for a few months now. The fundraising suite is very user friendly and easy to navigate. We're a small non profit and Classy has been a great addition to our ability to get the word out about our fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Still learning much of the capabilities of the fundraising suite. The only thing I can think of is email communication with our donors could be better managed in the Classy site. But once again, we are still learning the capabilities of the fundraising suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage more non profit organizations to use Classy

With classy, we have been able to easily get the word out about the Foundation's fundraising efforts via email, website, and social media. We have had very good success.

Development Director

"Classy is invaluable to our organization"

What do you like best?

Classy has a very easy interface that they're constantly improving. They also clearly take into consideration requests users make and are always looking to make their product better. Classy also makes it super easy to make beautiful and professional campaigns quickly! They Classy support team always helps me quickly and efficiently whenever I have questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I can think of that I dislike! There have been a few times when I had a small issue that the support team and I were not able to solve together, but nothing that's negatively impacted our organization.

We raise more money with Classy than we ever could have without it! Our campaigns always look professional and our data is better organized. Classy makes everything easier!

Community Outreach Director
Hospital & Health Care

"Classy, the smart way to make a difference"

What do you like best?

Where do we begin. Classy is more than a fundraising platform. Classy is a mentor, community, source of guidance and EASY to use raise money for important causes.

What do you dislike?

The Classy URL begins with 'donate'. At times, we use classy for fundraising opportunities that don't necessarily pertain to directly donating example: registering for a free event. When supporters see url "donate." they may feel they are being directed to make a donation which can be misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Classy is more than a fundraising platform, it provides the opportunity to flourish as a nonprofit with all of the resources, support and easy-to-use functions.

Marketing, fundraising, integral communication - Classy has helped us see the 'big picture'. Success is much more than fundraising and Classy helps you understand that.

Corporate Service Manager

"Great Fundraising System"

What do you like best?

Classy is easy to use and all employees understand it, which is of course a necessary function.

I love that we can build custom, attractive web pages using Classy. Then, ticket sales and donations and other tracking info go straight to salesforce.

What do you dislike?

A report I viewed the other day was a bit confusing. For example, two folks had cancelled their purchased tickets for a charity event. Were their tickets still counted in the total # of tickets sold? It was hard to say. I had to do the math by hand to figure it out. In the classy interface in salesforce, I wish there were definitions for different categories, that you could hover over.

We tracked donations, ticket sales and other necessary fundraising tools. Our salesforce admin can build custom webpages to sell tickets and promote events, which is an amazing capability, because all info from that pages goes to salesforce. Great to have a one-stop shop for all of our data.

Founder and Director of The Launch Pad Teen Center

"Best investment we made as a small non-profit"

What do you like best?

Classy has been a game changer for us here at The Launch Pad. It felt like a scary investment because we are a very small non-profit and it can be risky to spend money on things other than programming. However, Classy helped us reach a broader audience, it engaged younger families in what we do, and it gave us a much more professional look. Classy is user friendly, it communicates to our donor database so our Salesforce account stays up to date, it sends receipts automatically, and as a team of only 3 people serving 100s of teens a month, that helps us out so much. We are classy customers for life!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that I wish we could switch between campaign templates without having to rebuild the design. It's not a huge ordeal, that would just make it a little more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not only do you benefit from the product itself, but you gain access to an amazing community of fundraisers, non-profits, and industry professionals. I attended their conference last year, The Classy Collaborative, and it is the best conference I have been to in the last 10 years.

We are broadening our donor base substantially. We have also created new and more creative avenues for online fundraising with classy.

Event Planner
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The Tool That Took Us to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

I love many things about Classy: it has allowed us to build out user friendly campaign pages on our website that look clean but are easy for us to build with little to no web development experience, the CRM tools allow us to see who has participated in various campaigns and to what degree, we can sell our event tickets through the platform, but my favorite thing about Classy is the client support. The Classy team is top notch and has been extremely instrumental in the growth of my organization.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that need to be caught up to speed. The main thing I would love to see is PayPal being added as a payment option for when someone donates on our pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Classy has given us the ability to reach an entirely new audience and made it simple. The greatest values Classy has brought us is the ability to easily build these online fundraising pages and the staff who is incredibly helpful in guiding us to fully utilize all the tools and options within the software.

Online fundraising. We are in the midst of a peer-to-peer fundraiser that has been really successful and helped us exponentially increase our fundraising capabilities because we now have tools to reach the masses online and expert Classy staff to help us fully utilize the tools and build a successful campaign.

Communication Coordinator

"Classy is wonderful"

What do you like best?

The staff and support team are incredible, and the system is easy to use. We had never tried a peer-to-peer fundraising platform before Classy and were worried about figuring out the technology, but Classy is so easy to use and extremely intuitive.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any issues using Classy since we started our relationship with them 5 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself the time to set up all of the fundraising pages as soon as possible so that you can make the materials and peer-to-peer sharing up and running for your supporters. The system is very intuitive so as long as your non-profit has set up the templates for your supporters, they'll have no problem creating crowdfunded pages that they can operate on their own.

With Classy, we are able to activate our supporters in ways never before possible given our small organization's technical capacities. We are also now able to accept donations in currencies other than US dollars, and that has been great, given our international presence.

Executive Director

"Everything we were looking for and more..."

What do you like best?

Their customer service is phenomenal. I had researched online platforms that would help us in our fundraising efforts and found Classy. I love that our pages look like our organization and make our donors feel secure when entering their information. It is worth every penny to use this platform and I believe they continue to find new ways to help non-profits raise the funds that are so necessary for us to operate.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. The sticker price can be a little hard to swallow, but really when you see all the advantages and features, you are happy that you made the switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform helps your organization streamline the fundraising process. Their customer service is excellent as well.

We wanted a way to fundraise to use our email campaigns and social media and to have a better way to tract donors and reach them once they have donated. We found all this at Classy.

Estimator
Construction

"The Best"

What do you like best?

Classy is a great platform through and through. For your individual fundraisers, it let's them create a personalized, styled page that also fits within the branding guidelines. It also gives them the chance to track their donations and outreach better. On the backend, it allows for teams to have oversight on the progress of specific events, campaigns or yearly goals. Their platform provides the exact features you need to export and perform any analytics you want as well as generate excitement among your fundraisers. On top of this, they have a newsletter that has incredibly helpful tips and tricks. Classy also creates an environment where you can message your donors as well as your fundraisers to make sure you get the word out. Of course, their marketing features are not their focus so you can always export CSVs to use Mailchimp or any other mass marketing features.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can even think of, is that the webaddresses and campaign page navigation/search features are sometimes inconsistent.

Creating and tracking fundraising initiatives within a national organization. Balancing a hierarchical tree of fundraising sources.

Director of Development

"Online Fundraising Excellence "

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the Classy campaigns and site, the ease of learning how to use Classy as both a donor and staff member, the amazing support of the Classy customer service team, the incredible 3-day Classy Collaborative in Boston, the constant inflow of resources, ideas, and examples, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to size photos correctly to fit into the required spaces when building the campaign.

We've tried using multiple online fundraising sites and have had the best results with Classy. Through Classy's efficient reporting tools we have been able to see that we have increased in the number of participants

Manager of Individual Giving
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Classy makes it happen for Rise Against Hunger"

What do you like best?

I've used Classy to run fundraising campaigns for 4 years now and it couldn't be an easier user interface. They offer everything a non-profit needs to raise money, including ticketed events, crowdfunding and peer to peer. On top of that, their reporting capabilities are top knotch and they are continuing to bulk up their marketing communications option within the platform as well. Classy is always thinking of new ways to make the job of non-profits easier!

What do you dislike?

Would like more marketing automation tools built in.

Great digital fundraising with increase ROI while using Classy

Chief Development Officer

"We highly recommend Classy"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to navigate on both the back-end and public-facing. It's visually appealing, clean and sleek. The customer service is more like a partnership and they want us to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The site is very customizable, but I'd still like additional ways to personalize the pages within a P2P campaign. We'd also like more capacity to send coaching emails from the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, great service! It integrates beautifully with Salesforce which is a big win.

We're building an individual giving program and Classy is our foundation to convey information and capture interest in the form of financial support.

Classy Features