Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Reviews & Product Details

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Overview

What is Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops?

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops lead the industry in desktop and app virtualization. Deliver Windows, Linux, and web business applications or full virtual desktops from any cloud—public, on-premises or hybrid—within a modern digital workspace

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Details

$3,010
@citrix
11,086 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Screenshots

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Reviews

Showing 118 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops reviews
Location
Already have Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops?
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is built on a very solid foundation which makes the product very mature and reliable. There were pretty sweeping changes on the move from IMA to FMA which brought some instability initially and many loved features from the widely used XenApp 6.5 were lost but now many of the best features from 6.5 are back in the product and there is greater stability.

The protocol is still rock solid. PVS rocks! WEM has been a very welcome addition and no one does published applications better which is what the largest number of our remote user base. We get performant virtual desktops for those who need it and awesome published applications for the others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love if the reboot schedule within the tool was improved. For 24/7 operations, it is not adequate. It would be better if we could tag certain machines to reboot on a given day and to have them drain over an entire day rather than within the timeframe of the reboot.

Adding Machines to Delivery Groups is frustrating. Please allow us to select the machines we want to add from the UI rather than auto adding the next available machine in numeric\alphabetical order.

The metrics in Citrix Director are not reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is still best in breed. If you require published applications, it is by far and away the best solution and in my experience most users in an organization can work fine with published apps and don't need a full desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enable work from home without the constraints of a VPN.

Delivering virtual applications to users on the internal network and externally in a mostly seamless and unified way.

Getting around application compatibility issues on the physical desktops in some cases.

Centralizing and improving success rate for app delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Application layering for each employee enhances adoption of the product by providing the correct mix of applications for the virtual desktop experience. Leveraging Citrix Cloud enables us to manage our entire hybrid Citrix ecosystem from a single 'pane of glass'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User profiles management/storage is a challenge when users store large files on their virtual desktop, rather than a network share drive or OneDrive. One user potentially can impact others managed from the same profile server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to customize user experience based on application mix without creating private VDIs for each person. This lowers infrastructure cost and resources, while allowing a 'master' application image to be deployed across several solutions. Matching 'at work' experience in a remote work environment due to Covid has enabled employees to be as productive, if not more, in their home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounts Receivable Analyst
What do you like best?

"It works like a Multi Software which is really helpful to maintain the Overall Prospective when business work without boundaries . whether in terms of Data Management,Data Compliance, Cyber Safety and Securities , Protect HIPAA Violation with Dual Desktop Management (Remote and Local Desktop setup ) and Most importantly with the help of Citrix we have been able to maintain our business goals ,more than our expectations and few has been enumerated below:

It Improve customer relations/service

IT Reduce the real time frame to complete a task (claim)

It Improve our process outcomes

It helps in revenue growth by delivering more and more at ease

with Citrix we Improve our compliance & risk management

It help us to deliver high performance

Most importantly it has Strong customer focus which helps us to track claim activities in real time basis like what is happening to a client account ,or who is dealing with the assignments or what is the status of a claim Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say that in my entire 2 year term of using this software the only little drawback I ever experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is that , sometime it runs very very slow - latency issues ,and apart from that ,I can bet anyone that Citrix does not have any little problem at all which needs fix , and I wonder if anybody would had ever face any problem with such a beautiful software called Citrix , because It always works well without Question and you can mark my word for it ,and very frankly you know what , at workplace we sometimes used to talk among colleague like chit chat , saying each other , what kind of software citrix is or who made it?. because it never give us little free time to talk perhaps it never face issues like those 5 years back softwares , when every other day software problems was the concern of a business and need fix which allowed us to had some free time to talk at workplace .Now we feel pity on ourselves for citrix as it never stops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Citrix is the best app i have ever use ,so for your business activity it deserve a shot and i can assure it will never let you down as a business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits and problems we are able to solve with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops are so many as already said but few listed below :

It Improve and had a positive impact in our complete customer relations/service

It Reduce the real time frame to complete a task

It Improve business process outcomes

It mproves business process agility

It helps in revenue growth

Improve compliance & risk management

It help us to deliver high performance

Most importantly it has Strong customer focus which helps us to track in real time like

what is happening to a client account ,or is dealing or what is the status of a claim

.everything in real time basis .Can't ask more i believe .Its Unstoppable really and no question in citrix potential as a software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

User friendly Applications and desktop virtualization tool. easy update management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

updating persistent VDIs is not so easy task. For an active active DR design it is not so easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

updating persistent VDIs.

virtualizing the application & entire desktops is really good and secure. we can access all the resourses on port 443, which is secure. updating Pooled VDIs, HSDs are very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Citrix has been a lifesaver as I work from home during the COVID-19. Many of my companies files have to be secured and we are not allowed to bring them home since they have personal info of our customers. Citrix has allowed me to access my files without storing them onto my desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Citrix is a little slow as it is trying to access info from our secured server. I have to have two screens open at all times so I may view my emails and documents through Citrix and my daily programs on my laptop screen. Though this is frustrating at times, I completely understand why I have to do this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great way to allow your employees to work remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem Citrix solves for me is being able to access all my files while I work from home. I am able to go anywhere and work. The biggest benefit is that I am not stuck in the office while this disease is running rampant throughout the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Users being able to work from any location but still be secure and feature-rich. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The many different variations in license levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a secure, flexible remoting solution. Do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote working is more agile, picking up work from where you left off is excellent. Workers comment on the speed and responsiveness of the solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As this software helps us access the desktop virtually, one can use more than one virtual machines in their own computer. This feature helps we developers to develop in one machine and run it on the other by which debugging becomes easy. Accessing this virtual machine can be done from your home network as well but it also comes with good security. You need to use either RSA token or your phone number to receive OTP ( depending upon client what kind of security they have chosen). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As I work on Citrix Virtual machine but I receive emails and required documents in my own employer email id. Citrix doesn't allow to copy paste anything from local system to Virtual machine. I have to every time mail it to the Virtual machine UserID and then get the required data. I think Citrix should give access to copy paste data from local machine to Virtual Desktop and vice- versa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For development purposes within Citrix makes your development quite easy and quick also you can use the virtual desktop from any location. The support team is great. I would recommend to use this for future developments and go live. This isn't that costly, majorly most of the software companies use this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Citrix Virtual machine to develop in RPA doing process automation. So its really helpful for me to continue with my development in one Virtual machine and running my program in another virtual machine which really saves time else I would have to wait till the running of my program is over and then I can continue with development. The support team of Citrix is very helpful. If you face any issues, Creating a ticket to Citrix solves the issues within the same day. I have delivered 4 processes and all or live now in 5 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IP
What do you like best?

It can provide the guidance, technology, and support to help organizations enable secure remote-work initiatives and to maintain ongoing business operations throughout this evolving global crisis. Our business users mobile-ready workers have laptops and remote access to corporate apps and docs that are hosted on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops apps and internal web apps via Citrix Access Control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Licensing module is much higher as compare to other product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its good product to meet our business requirement and provide seamless connectivity, its help to continue BCP planing use cases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its provide flexibility to work from anywhere specially during COVID19 lock down period, all business application hosted through Citrix and users are able to access to application securely and seamlessly working using this platform to have business as usual Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

i use it for one year. i found it very easy to uses and unfriendly interface for remote access. very easy to access data and files from another server from my location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing to dislike but i think it takes time to open the software or desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend for ease of use, speed, quality output etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i can co-ordinate with my end client through this desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me the ability to log into a different form of application for the use of my business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty outdated, and that could be because of the system we use or because of Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have integrated a lot of our other software with Citrix in order to maximize full management of the programs. It's been really helpful in having data in one central location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Engineer - Systems
What do you like best?

The best I like about the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is the ease of Configuring the Citrix Environment and accessing the applications via Citrix via a URL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothin that I dislike about the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best application for publishing Virtual Apps and Desktops in the market today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am providing my Customers the access to our organizations in-house applications using the Citrix. The benefit it has is, I do not have to install the applications locally on their computers. I can simply publish the applications installed on my server which Customer can access using a Web URL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Citrix browser allows users to access company email and business info from home in a secure and safe way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can use my phone to log in to my work email and not have to worry about security breaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mobile data can be slow to load at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

End to end encryption so you don’t have to worry about data breaches. It’s easy on the go access to work related contact and info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Citrix on my work desktop with two screens all day and disconnect at the end of the day. I log into my laptop (2 year old Chromebook) and then launch Citrix where it picks up exactly where I left off. I get a call when I’m not near my laptop so I log into Citrix from my cell phone (iOS) and access a an Excel form to provide someone data. I travel and work at a workstation at a different office and simply log into Citrix to access my files, saved passwords in my browser, Outlook, Skype for Business, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This is a great product and would not know what to do without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of access, cabaility to work on any platform very effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical Student
Medical Practice
What do you like best?

Citrix has become a vital portion of our research team's work. For a user with an encrypted computer and secure internet connection, Citrix allows our team to access applications and desktops for research containing protected information. What would normally require a specific, onsite authorized computer in a specific location due to desktop application availability and security can be accessed from a personal encrypted computer with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Citrix might run slightly slower depending on the size of the application accessed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that each user's computer is encrypted and has access to secure connection before accessing a virtual app or desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving time-sensitive problems would normally require physical travel to a site with an authorized computer containing the desktop/application. These problems can now be solved from a personal computer with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GB
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Best used when you're travelling and need to browse information that is very sensitive in nature. Has end to end encryption Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

End to end Encryption, Advanced search Technology, Advanced security settings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very slow loading time. Lag in using general mobile data networks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Advanced Security Settings, End to End Encryption Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Safe way to access sensitive data with our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there can be errors loading different applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Access numerous erp softwares on remote secure desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I can work from home and have access to all my documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I lose documents sometimes when I leave my computer for a while Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to have access to my documents from anywhere and don't need to stay at my desk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Citrix allows me to access needed software across the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times the program needs to refresh that can disrupt the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good choice for multiple employees using the same software daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I travel across different sites in the company. Citrix makes it simple to log into different pcs and access my programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The way Citrix delivers application and desktop is unmatched. No other organisations had developed such secure access. It is very fast and secure and work in low bandwidth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Till now I haven't observed any thing that would make me dislike this technology. It has all the best virtualization concept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supporting Citrix virtual apps and desktop infrastructure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that using Citrix allows me to connect to my company's server so that I can perform all of my work tasks from the comfort of my home office. It is easy to install and easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Citrix times out and logs you off after about 15 minutes. This might be set by our IT folks (not sure). However, any apps you have already opened are not affected by this. You will only notice you were logged off when you attempt to open something new. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy installation for the users, easy process to login, great way to allow remote users to connect. As a user, it is a great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to work much more effectively and efficiently from my home office. I do not have the distractions of being at company headquarters. By eliminating the need to dress for the office and commute to work each day, I am able to use that time more productively for my company and get things done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It's easy and accessible via browser. no need to install much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it can be slow and can be a pain due to plugins incompatibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

deploy automatic updates so it wont be a hassle to users to have to undergo updates and then find out that they cant do it due to admin privileges are required to make changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use if for RDP. and some apps as well. It is convenient cause I dont need to login to rdp to open outlook. It can be accessed via webpage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

Citrix Xenapp and Xendesktop makes it easy for the enterprise/business users to access the enterprise applications/desktops from anywhere anytime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frequent version upgrades on a very regular basis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best way to virtualize apps and desktops for the business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An Application/Desktop virtualization solution that helps businesses to extend their on-premise applications access to end users from outside their LAN and seamless access to all the resources published through CItrix virtual apps and desktops platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GB
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I am able to use a secure browser via Citrix when I am working from home - it's great if you work in healthcare and need to keep PHI private. I also use it with Citrix SecureHub and Secure Mail on my IPhone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it lets me use secure internet from my phone, which is a huge help with working from home/ working on the weekends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't type when using the browser on your phone. It also takes a little bit to start up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The help desk is wonderful, they're very efficient and friendly. I've never had a bad experience with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Academic Services Office Aide
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to reach my school server through my laptop at home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to load at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful about saving things, will timeout with some applications without saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to work on projects from anywhere not just on campus, also allows for collaboration with other students and professors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

The software acts like a regular Windows desktop and allows users to share files and info. cross-company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very flaky; too dependent on the internet connection to work consistently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you have the highest speed internet possible and excellent IT support - you'll need it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to share data and spreadsheets with the rest of the company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.