Citrix Secure Web Gateway

3.9

Enforce company security and compliance policies, and get insights into user behavior

Work for Citrix Secure Web Gateway?

Learning about Citrix Secure Web Gateway?

Citrix Secure Web Gateway Reviews

Showing 26 Citrix Secure Web Gateway reviews
Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Luke W.
Luke W.

"Ideal for Remote Students and Businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy and unlimited options for remote software use, communication, and accessing cloud based tools on the go. Used Citrix Gateway for over 5 years extensively as a student and highly recommend for all remote software applications. Considering slower data speeds a few years ago, Citrix was well designed to maintain a good connection thru DSL internet speeds.

What do you dislike?

Awkward installation and silly long time to setup and get started using application. Infrequent issues with connections. Continual risk of losing data and even though frequent saves always a chance things will regress and end up with wasted time and work having to do it over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal system for remote software access.

Remote connections and communication, a huge benefit as a student. Not as much anymore with many free cloud based applications but spent many good hours on Citrix and my university programs.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Citrix Secure Web Gateway
Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Shun-Yung Kevin W.
Shun-Yung Kevin W.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

citrix has been an easy tool for users connect to remote desktops. It is fast and generally stable when connected.

What do you dislike?

as a web gateway, this application works as it says, and there is nothing that I particularly dislike.

we use Citrix to connect to remote desktop where a lot of software subscribed by the institution can be used remotely. It brings the flexibility if we have work on certain software remotely.

What Secure Web Gateway solution do you use?

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Great for Security and Compliance"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we are able to offer security to both employees working within our office and those who work remotely. There were concerns over network vulnerabilities for those who work remotely and we were able to resolve the issue by using Citrix Secure Web Gateway.

What do you dislike?

This may be user error but I don't love how it starts automatically on even my home computer when I start up. There are times I do not want to be using the program such as when I am using my personal computer for personal uses and don't want my information visible in the performance oversight.

The biggest issue was making sure that employees were on a secure network no matter where they were working from (in the office, at home or on the road). We needed to be sure that everyone had the same level of protection no matter where they were.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not Terrible, Not Great"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I can access a lot of my work stuff from a remote location, that way if I have questions about something I need to review for the next shift, I'm able to get to it without having to leave home.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be pretty glitchy. It like to stop working randomly and then I have had to practically restart the entire OS to get it to reboot correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that there is proper training on how to access all of the parts of this software. Without proper training, not just someone who uses it and doesn't know the tricks but also not your local IT guy who has no idea how to teach in a comprehensible way, this software can be over and underwhelming.

I just use it for everything, mail, documents, charts, etc.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Difficult to get the hang of"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a dedicated staff to answer calls and customer service - this is very helpful, they are usually able to fix issues on the spot. Citrix works fine on my Mac, too.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of redundancy when I'm trying to open an application - I have to log in like 3 times for it to 'go through' and verify myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use - make it so I only have to log in once

It's encrypted, so we use it for PHI-related applications and working from home.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Citrix for working outside the office"

What do you like best?

I'm very rarely in my actual office building. I love that Citrix allows me to access cloud based programs my company uses and run secure programs off-site. I couldn't effectively do my job if I didn't have it.

What do you dislike?

This may just be a problem with my company, but I hate that I have to download and run a program every time I need to use it.

Like I said earlier, I don't have to physically be in my office to access secure programs.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Great for remote working"

What do you like best?

The program downloads and loads my work desktop really quickly and it’s a seamless transition using the web browser to app to get work done

What do you dislike?

The service works best when you are working on a private WiFi network, sometimes it is really really slow when you’re trying to work on a public WiFi network (ie a coffee shop) which is kind of limiting if you’re trying to get work done on the go

By having access to our files remotely, it means that employees can work from anywhere at anytime. This level of flexibility is almost necessary in this day and age when employees are not always tied to a singular desk every day of the week

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Joey R.
Joey R.

"Citrix allows for both virtual desktop and remote applications"

What do you like best?

I like that I can securely access my IT supported software applications from remote locations (working from home)

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it's the way we have it set up or the security features but an annoying little thing is that you can't copy information to the clipboard and then paste it outside the secure environment

Citrix allows seamless integration of my work files while being saved on a central/shared drive that IT supports

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Chantil B.
Chantil B.

"Good cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it provides a easy way to get user behavior information but securely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the company uses the application to block certain websites. The application also restricted certain users from accessing certain programs.

The benefits are that it blocks us from attacks to our server or customers private information. So it protects both employees and customers.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Allows me to work from anywhere."

What do you like best?

It allows me to work from home or off site securely. I am able to access everything I need to do my work.

What do you dislike?

In order for it to be secure, you need to use an authenticator with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have rarely had a problem with this product. It works well and it extremely secure

Being able to access all programs from work anywhere in minutes. A lot of our staff need the flexibility of working from home or off site. This software allows us to do so in a very secure way.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Julio M.
Julio M.

"Protect Your Company Webspace and infrastructure "

What do you like best?

Ability to maintain enterprise level policies

What do you dislike?

Idling/re-active user session transition is somewhat of a lag. Seems to be a delay from server response to user enrollment depending on inactivity rates.

Limiting/restricting internet access. Increasing http security/port detection. User policy rollouts.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Citrix is the Best"

What do you like best?

I like that when I log in or out I know my private work/information is secured and no stress of the possibility of anyone logging in.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that sometimes when the internet connection is weak or not as strongly connected that there can be a lag between what I’m trying to do and what’s getting transmitted to the program.

I am able to inspect encrypted packets that are trying to intrude into the enterprise network.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Single Sign On Remote access Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that citrix Gateway combines the remote access infrastructure to provide single sign-on across all applications that resides in a data center or a SaaS solution. It allows the employees to access any app, from any device, through a single URL.

What do you dislike?

That it is not and iRules and devcentral friendly. Solutions such as F5 have a slightly better edge because of this reason.

The faster 2048 bit SSL provides the best response with minimal wait time.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I guess it works? "

What do you like best?

I think a more sophisticated user would have a lot more to say. I guess it works?

What do you dislike?

its really confusing and hard to save reports

It keeps highly confidential information secure

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Quick. Convenient. Fast. Perfect"

What do you like best?

I like that it has easy access both on smartphone and laptop

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow and on iPhone clicking can be an issue

Continuity of care to help patients

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Jon H.
Jon H.

"Easy to Use Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like that this product is easy to use and can be set up quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about this product.

Help enforce use security.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Protection from web threats"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that it uses a local cache and a cloud-based service, and I ALSO LOVE the speed. It attacks like up to 10 times FASTER.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have no dislikes at this time.

I have realized that Citrix Secure Web Gateway IS IN FACT SECURE!!!!I have suggested it to several of my friends and associates.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great tool for work"

What do you like best?

The benefit of being able to sign on through online access instead of desktop and being able to use your applications

What do you dislike?

The dislike I would share would be that it could offer sso or have it set up more secure.

Using for business purposes for training purposes, new hire education, and access to our secure apps

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User

"Citrix, nothing to worry about"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and Customer Support. They have built a great product and know how to support it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how sometimes it takes a long time for Support to get back with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the best, look no further

Website load speed of downloading fits both categories here.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Citrix is the best in Security!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to badge in and out rapidly to improve patient care and quality of real time documentation.

What do you dislike?

I like the safety and security’s citrix utilizes for its products.

I can badge in and out, at a rapid pace, to better patient care and real time documentation.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Consultant

"Citrix"

What do you like best?

I use Citrix in order to access certain web apps.

What do you dislike?

It is a hassle accessing apps once Citrix updates. I have so much trouble getting into the program and often need technical support.

I use Citrix to access my Payroll and Benefit programs.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

The east of use. The abillity to get my apps as icons without having to install each one on my computer.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy at times. There have been issues with compatibility with the OS version.

Easy delivery of apps.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by Consultant

"Frustration"

What do you like best?

I have used the Citrix program for remote users and it always gave me frustrations.

What do you dislike?

1. Configuration

2. Speed.

3. Basic functionalities.

My client uses this product for their remote users. I don't see any benefits.

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"dated"

What do you like best?

simplistic layout allows for navigation to be pretty straight forward without much error

What do you dislike?

not very intuitive. dated look and feel

allows employees to see member's benefits, demographics, and recent hospitalizations

Citrix Secure Web Gateway review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Citrix"

What do you like best?

Ability to access with multiple devices - laptop/handheld units

What do you dislike?

Need for verification from same device with every login attempt

Easier and remote access to work files/information

"Solid"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use and fairly basic enough to use.

What do you dislike?

Can disconnect randomly from the service

Remote use of my computer

Learning about Citrix Secure Web Gateway?

* We monitor all Citrix Secure Web Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.