Citrix Receiver Reviews & Product Details

What is Citrix Receiver?

Citrix Receiver is the easy-to-install client software that provides access to your XenDesktop and XenApp installations.this free software allows you to access applications, desktops and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.

Citrix Receiver Profile Details

Citrix Receiver Profile Details

Citrix
Description
Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.
1989

Citrix Receiver Reviews

1-25 of 160 total Citrix Receiver reviews
Shashank Bansal
(10,001+ employees)

"Best VPN and easy to connect"

What do you like best?

The Best thing I like about Citrix Receiver is that you can access any of the client software from the same Screen without using any other VPN connectivity tool and also once you are connected with Citrix your internet will work as usual. One more best thing I have realized that till now I have not experienced any downtime while connecting with Citrix Receiver whereas in my previous VPN I have to experience downtime once in a week and need to call customer service.

What do you dislike?

There are actually 2 things that I don't like about Citrix. One is when I connected over Skype installed on Citrix Receiver and I want to share screen with Some body that I am not able to do on Citrix and other one is that I am not able to copy text from any Software installed on Citrix receiver to our desktop. Rest all things are fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended to use Citrix over any other VPN connector

Citrix Receiver impacted a lot of things like I can work over internet and connect with Client Systems at the same time whereas in my previous VPN connectivity tool I need to first disconnect with VPN to access Internet. One more thing I have experience like in my previous VPN connection I need to connect with Virtual Machine always to use any of the software installed on Client System whereas in Citrix I need not to connect with Virtual machine and can just directly connect and use that software. There could be more benefits like no downtime and many more which can be able to get once start using it.

Prog.

"Safe, secure, and runs great"

What do you like best?

- Perfectly smooth, with no hiccups or delays, the remote system runs as smooth as my actual desktop

- Contrary to what some friends are reporting, I have never experienced any delays, or slowing down of the virtual desktop or my own desktop

- The tray icon in the Mac is very nice and gets you to your remote system with just a click

What do you dislike?

- I would love if there is a way to copy text from the Remote Desktop to my actual one

- The resolution sometimes feels like it's not high enough especially when opening documents on the virtual machine with small text

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you ever face any problems with performance, make sure your connection is solid, and probably use a Mac, my experience on Mac is perfect.

Safe secure access to my workstation from home

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

This service is quick and helps make the process of obtaining records very easy. We use it to access hospital records and it is very responsive. It is also great that it is regularly updated. It is well integrated into my Chrome browser. The program/database in which is it integrated it highly beneficial to us. We use the program daily to access records needed for our patient care.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike since I use it only for one purpose and it does it very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not know if it would improve anything for our particular needs. I think that maybe we could research its functionality a little more and see if it would be beneficial to our practice needs.

As I mentioned previously, it is integrated into a hospital database. It works very well with that particular program. I do know that when I was getting used to that particular database that the IT department told me that it is best used on the Chrome browser. I did have difficulties when I tried to use it in Internet Explorer.

Logistics Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Good integration, bad per user setups"

What do you like best?

Ability to remote in, from laptop, pc, or mobile is great for a user. Can run any software in a controlled environment without worry of someone mucking it up for all. The mobile app gets updates often and works very well for both android and apple users. Quick end-user login by providing email address or domain, preventing extra workload on IT.

What do you dislike?

No per user savestates. No snapshot of settings per user across multiple devices. Desktop intergraton is difficult for end users (such as setting shortcuts on desktop or pinning citrix apps to your Taskbar). Receiver lacks functionality other than being a bucket to drop programs into.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Push for continued tablet and phone improvements.

Software rollout to multiple users at many physical locations by simply providing a url and login rather than having to individually set up end users one by one.

Marketing and Commmunications Coordinator

"Review of Citrix Receiver"

What do you like best?

Citrix Receiver is a really useful tool that I utilize to send internal company emails to my firm. I like that the login screen is clearly customized for my company and the ease of logging in. Once logged in, it is suer easy to navigate and allows me to open the outlook email from any location. Additionally, I do not have access to work when outside the network, so having this mobility at times can be extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

Citrix is a really useful tool, however, one aspect that can create problems when experiencing an error is that its users may need to go through company IT or Service department when experiencing issues. This can at times create a delay in using the application. If it was set up that, for example, the user can reset the password, it would create more ease for the user.

The main business problem that Citrix Receiver solves is having the ability to access general email (i.e Marketing@mintz.com) and use the application for various users to assist with the inquiries or projects. It allows me, personally to send firm-wide emails from an account that doesn't belong to any one person and thus I have my own personal items and then the items that relate to firm-wide emails.

"Good option for remote user access to work applications"

What do you like best?

Citrix generally is easy to set up and easy for users to use. Desktop apps with plus button to add are very simple. Administrators and add or remove these easily on the Citrix Servers. It is web based and only requires install of a small receiver file to open the apps. Works in Chrome which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

From the users perspective requires extra training for users to understand how citrix works and were to save files. They must make sure they are patient and use logoff and ext functions instead of just x'ing out of windows or shutting down the computer that could cause stuck sessions. Users must understand were to save files to work with them inside of citrix. Printing is often a hassle and requires logging out and back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program to use for remote working

Citrix gives our company the ability to provide clients with lesser powerful computers needed less resources costing less, also gives them options to access programs remotely.

Deputy State's Attorney
Legal Services

"Effective but dated"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to connect to my work desktop without needing my work computer. I use this as a workaround to my VPN which doesn't seem to function with any degree of reliability. Our citrix environment is ancient, but I'm able to access the things I need to with it when my cisco VPN won't function

What do you dislike?

The installation of the receiver is a pain, and it feels like I'm running parallels rather than a streamlined approach to accessing my desktop. I am also not a huge fan of having to enter my profile every time i need to use the app, but I suppose it is a safety matter, so it's not a huge deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a pain to have to go through adding your profile every time, but it works well and consistently. I've never had issues connecting with citrix in all my years here.

Mobile workspace is critical for my job, and citrix is always functional as long as I have a network connection. I am able to access the documents, templates, and information I need without having to tote around my huge work laptop. Printing capabilities are now non-functional with our VPN, but with Citrix Receiver I can still print from home and come in to all of my documents waiting.

Field Technician
Utilities

"Use very often, quite good experience."

What do you like best?

It's very out of the way and transparent allowing me to use apps as if they were local to my desktop almost. When you need to launch an app you download its .ica and run and when finished close it as normal.

What do you dislike?

Crazy tight security policy. passwords always expiring and can't reuse. Have to call IT support and wait on hold to be able to use my apps sometimes. Rarely have lag issues. It stays open but sometimes has to be signed back in to update data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There really aren't any alternatives that I know of but it is also available on mobile phones and tablets.

We are a contractor to local power utility and they host the (ancient) database of all poles and underground power facilities. Also an app for work orders but i'm not using it too often. We have a few windows desktops we can launch too. This system allows outside users access to the utilities intranet and keeps everything secure.

Customer Service Representative
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to use, convenient and integrated. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can work from home whenever I need to and can pick right back up where I left off at work the day before.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how when I do pick up where I left off on another computer that my icons are not where they were the day before. I am not sure if this is a CITRIX ISSUE or if it is my computer or work server.

No problems but definitely benefits our company because we are trying to catch up with the new age of internet and reachability, so working from home is something our company has been experimenting with. Citrix is awesome for that.

Warehouse Manager
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Citrix - Just what I need to do my job"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the interface is. I can easily manage through multiple tasks and programs at once without losing track of where I'm at.

What do you dislike?

To my knowledge it has taken a lot of background work and reporting through O2 for everything to communicate well. Some things still don't report back as user friendly as possible, but there are work arounds to still get the information I need.

I can easily work through inventory problems by having multiple tasks up at once and clicking from one to another to compare data.

(10,001+ employees)

"Great Features But Some Problems"

What do you like best?

The features are great and the functionality of the program is great. It is super easy to use and has a lot of different options in terms of programs. VPN is a great feature of Citrix and definitely helps when I have Wifi but need a connection to all our company servers even when I am not in an office or jobsite.

What do you dislike?

It always crashes! In the middle of using a program, Citrix will just stop working and it is very frustrating. VPN also does the same thing. I will be in an airport or in my own home where Wifi is readily available and VPN will just disconnect. That is super frustrating especially when you have deadlines to meet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product and has many different applications for your business needs. I would just reach out to your local IT person to make sure you have all the proper communications when using Citrix. I think that it has it's flaws in terms of functionality but it is still a great product.

It is a critical software to what I do for work so we use it every day to solve problems and I realized I cannot be as productive in my job without it.

UL

"Works well if you have more licenses than people"

What do you like best?

It is easy to install on both a PC and Mac and lets me access business software remotely very easily. If there are licenses available, then it is very quick to log on and there are generally not problems working with other programs.

What do you dislike?

You have to be very careful how you exit the program and we often have to have our IT guys go in and 'kill' sessions because if you don't exit the software properly or have a power outage or some sort of crash, the software thinks you are still using one of the licensing slots and it won't allow additional users to log on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get enough licenses and stress the importance of logging off correctly. Ideally, make sure numerous people have access to 'kill' sessions so that limited licensing doesn't become an issue.

It allows employees to quickly access programs remotely without going through a web browser and slowing the process down. I highly recommend having this installed on your desktop as opposed to using the browser version.

"very reliable, has only crashed once in 4 years of using it"

What do you like best?

The tech support for anything and everything. This program does a lot and everytime I call them for any support or if I forgot how to do something the wait time to speak to someone is not usually very long, and you can request a call back if you can't wait. If they can't help you over the phone they share a screen and walk you through everything. If they still can't help you they send the case up to the tech support and get back to you or have them share your screen as well. The program itself is also very user friendly considering how much it does as a medical EMR software.

What do you dislike?

That it has to be installed on a computer first before using it, which is pretty minor but still would be nice to access it quickly or on my cell phone if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have experience with any other programs for medical EMRs but I have heard from everyone else who can compare that Accuro is one of the best if not the best for its user friendliness. I would never want to use anything else as it is easy to learn, easy to use and is capable of doing so much to make our lives easier and jobs more efficient.

We use citrix to launch Accuro which is a medical EMR and we have realized it does a LOT for us, so much that we learn new things about this program every year

"Citrix allows for easy access to my work desktop from home"

What do you like best?

After you download Citrix, its very easy to sign on whenever you need to from that point. There are never problems with connection and I can always rely on Citrix during unexpected delays or work cancellations.

What do you dislike?

Citrix constantly requests that I update their system which can be fairly annoying. Also, there were a few times, that I believe have been fixed, where multiple people logging onto the Citrix receiver caused it to be extremely slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setting up Citrix can be fairly difficult but after the set up is complete, the product is very easy to use.

We are solving problems related to snow days and printing capabilities using Citrix Receiver. We can log onto our work based desktop from home in these instances and still have a very productive working day.

(10,001+ employees)

"A secure network on the go"

What do you like best?

I like that Citrix Receiver allows me to communicate confidential patient health information in a secure matter from the comfort of my own home and own personal devices.

What do you dislike?

Citrix Receiver is designed for PC. It works on my mac devices, however the formatting does not translate well and it is not the most convenient to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not super user friendly on non-PC technology but it still works and gets the job done. I trust the secure of Citrix Receiver.

HIPPA is taken very seriously in the health care field. Violating HIPPA laws including communicating about confidential patient information without a verified, secure network can result in both professional and legal consequences. This day in age, technology is everywhere. Citrix Receiver solves the problem of not being on a stationary facility-owned computer but still able to communicate legally protected information from any location.

Medical Technologist
Hospital & Health Care

"Citrix Receiver Review"

What do you like best?

I do really like the amount of security that Citrix provides for the users of the system. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the ease of getting to my applications on my XenDesktop. There's also an app that can be used to access everything as well, so on top of accessing from my work desktop, I can use it on my phone or any other computer really. It's pretty simple and secure. Those are the top two things I look for in a software.

What do you dislike?

Despite the awesome security benefits, having to sign in on pop-ups every other minute can be a little annoying. However, this may just be the extra security we have already installed on the computers as precaution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It's definitely worth looking into, let alone actually getting it.

We’ve had hackers in the past which broke into the network somehow and took tons of valuable information. It was a huge, huge deal, especially since there was medical record information taken. The hospital got in lots of trouble because of it.

Hospitalist
Hospital & Health Care

"Multipurpose and functional tool"

What do you like best?

It allows you to use any EHRs from anywhere. That's very convenient and is protected. I have used Epic, and meditech from my laptop, ipad and cellphones. I can use it wherever and whenever I like. Rounding has been super easy and chances of mistakes are decreased.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced too many bad things. At times, it may increase the amount of time you spent as it is usually slower than working on desktop itself. It freezes more frequently. There can be more distractions to your work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using citrix since 2012. Its amazing how it improves the user interface. It takes health care to a higher level. You can review multiple reports, notes and imaging in one platform. It is very secure and very less complications. It freezes from time to time. There are some problems due to upgrade, and you need to update from time to time. During update there might be some problems with performance. I have overall had good experience, and I would recommend this product to everyone.

The appropriate use of EHR is improved by the use of citrix. With the use of this receiver, multiple PCs are able to use it at once. Multi-tasking and multi people involvement is a possibility. The quality of healthcare is improved. The interaction between different specialties is improved. It is easy to review information from other providers and different primary care settings.

Developer RPA

"citrix is not perfect but works"

What do you like best?

best? nothing really, but we use to have access to all our aplication that we use remotly because I love to move every time that I can.

What do you dislike?

when we are running our application sometimes the conection fail and the aplication also fail because need stay online all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

well I will recommend if somebody need use their app to connect from everywhere just if you dont need stay 100% online because sometimes when I am running automatic process that could run easily 24/7 allways I have connection problems with Citrix I still dont know really when this problem is produced because I am only a user and I dont know more about how this software works but in my own experience I can tell you that I have this connection problem just in this cases, when I worked regularly usually I dont have connection problems just when I am working with my robots.

We need connect all our application from severals places so citrix allow us to connect us from everywhere that is the best benefit because I like to move from city to city once in a while and with this app I can work remotly almos without problems

IT Intern
Aviation & Aerospace

"Not the best - but it useful for hosted databases"

What do you like best?

It is the gateway to your cloud hosted environment and easy to install on the computer itself.

What do you dislike?

You have to configure your computer to print through Citrix - using the Citrix universal printer or setting up the proper pathway for the hosted database to find your local/network printer. If you change printers a lot, this can be a big pain. Often than most, Citrix needs an update which can cause issues loading or using your hosted product. Found out it works best in Firefox - which is inconvenient because Google Chrome is more commonly used.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you let users know ahead of time that they have to use a specific browser in order to avoid random issues. If you consistently change printers, you may want to consider something else as using the Citrix Universal Printer can be tricky.

We solved the issue of having to back up our database weekly. We are now cloud hosted because of being able to use Citrix to get into our database.

(10,001+ employees)

"Citrix Receiver- The best VDI Machine I have seen till now."

What do you like best?

Citrix is undoubtedly the best the best VDI I have ever seen and the leader in the market in this segment. where performance is concerned Citrix outperformed other VDI machines and is far more smooth and fast as compared to others. The software runs so fast that there have been times I forgot that I am working in a VDI machine and not on the regular desktop since its performance was really smooth. Also some inherent tools/ features of the Citrix VDI also helped me a lot in making the exprience very joyful and easy.

What do you dislike?

The chief area where I don't like Citrix that much is its dependency on high intenet speed so as to operate smoothly. So, if you have a slow internet speed at your home, please be prepared to face challenges since the software would going to be really hang on in between and even a mere click anywhere around laptop could take 3-4 seconds to repsond, thus this software is best suited for offices where we have a smooth and high speed internet. Also, Citrix team keeps sending on updates to the VDI that are very heavy in size and the update window pops up every other day, this leads to be very cumbersome at time and and can annoy any person on work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend users to use very high quality and high speed internet while using citrix VDI. This is primary because Citrix needs very high internet speed to work efficiently smoothly. I would also recommend others to be up to date and always install the latest version of the Citrix since these updates have bug fixes and they always help a lot in the smooth performance of the Citrix.

Well. with the help of Citrix Receiver VDI, I can work on numerous clients for which earlier we had to set up an ODC environment. Citrix is very reliable and safe that all clients agrees on using the Citrix to avoid the menace of setting up an ODC environment, it also cuts down the cost of setting up ODC for companies and for users , they have the flexibility to even work from home on the VDI. Also, I want to mention here that there is no specific problem that we can solve by Citrix, via Citrix it just becomes another laptop and we can do all day to day tasks on the VDI.

(10,001+ employees)

"Using Citrix Receiver to securely access programs in a large health care system"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with using the Citrix Receiver. Having to go to an additional site to access network programs is not ideal, but necessary to maintain our security requirements. Having the ability to download the receiver helps fix this issue. I would likely still use VPN if I had a choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. The Citrix Receiver allows me to access secure network platforms without any breach of confidentiality and from any location. Within a large, statewide health care system, the ability to access network platforms and programs is critical. Using two factor authentication also allows us to provide an additional security layer.

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. It is critical for us to maintain complete HIPAA compliance, so the Citrix Receiver helps us to meet our use cases for accessing a variety of network platforms securely.

"Citrix - not bad, not great"

What do you like best?

You can tab through the fields, save default settings, add in notes to remember special things about certain accounts

What do you dislike?

There are some not user-friendly functions that get frustrating and several people on the GP chat sites have difficulty with as well. Some off the top of my head include not being able to switch payment terms once an invoice is created (but not posted), clicking on a suggested dropdown and it doesn't select it causing to have to delete the whole line and start again, bringing up the warning sign without being able to get rid of it other than deleting and starting over, not printing units (could be how the administrators arranged, though), weird quirks to have to work around sometimes and not making the answer on where to fix them instinctive. I've been on long phone calls with IT trying to figure out issues ...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not very user friendly - would need someone to walk through or explain if you are a first time user. A lot of things are still confusing to me after a couple of years of using it.

It keeps track of orders and we can look them up again, can reprint invoices. Once we have inventory in the program, it would be a great tool to automatically reduce quantities.

Grants Writer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Does the trick"

What do you like best?

The fact that the citrix environment mirrors the look of a standard desktop is familiar and simple to use. It's easy to access from anywhere and seems to be stable (I rarely lose the connection whether using wi-fi or on a hard-wired network).

What do you dislike?

The slow speed can be frustrating, however we are running SAGE and Raiser's Edge - two large databases - within Citrix. I don't know if that makes a difference. Simple applications like Office run fine. Internet is slow so we must use internet outside of Citrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it first to check the speed. We are switching to Azure Cloud from Citrix soon because of the speed issues.

Remote access, shared files, shared licenses (i.e. Adobe Acrobat), remote hosting, data backup

"Useful product - recent update is a big improvement"

What do you like best?

I can access my work desktop, email, and virtual drives on my laptop from afar. With the most recent update, it is running very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Before the recent update, it was very slow and would sometimes grind to a halt. There were major connection issues. After the update, it is running smoothly, with only occasional issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure I would have recommended Citrix Receiver before the most recent update. However, I now would unqualifiedly recommend it. The company's approach to the software seems to be rapidly improving, and I have faith in this product going forward.

It has helped me work from home. This is useful when writing long motions, so I can be comfortable working and get into "the zone" without distractions. I can also access educational materials on the virtual drives and send emails from afar.

"Not a fan. "

What do you like best?

Nothing? I'm pretty sure the only reason we use Citrix is because we are required to use IE to access certain tools, but our office uses Mac computers, which doesn't support IE. So I guess it's cool that Citrix allows use to use IE on our Macs...but I hate IE too so.

What do you dislike?

See above. In addition, the set up process is a complicated hassle, most of the HelpDesk/Customer Support agents don't seem to know what they're doing. The log in process is tedious and doesn't work half the time. Security is extraneous. Processing is slow. Glitchy. Etc.

See first answer. If we could use our tools in Chrome, we wouldn't need Citrix and life would be much easier.

Citrix Receiver User Ratings

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Other IT Infrastructure Category
Do you work for Citrix Receiver?

Citrix Receiver Categories on G2