Do you work for Citrix Receiver?

Citrix Receiver Reviews & Product Details

What is Citrix Receiver?

Citrix Receiver is the easy-to-install client software that provides access to your XenDesktop and XenApp installations.this free software allows you to access applications, desktops and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.

Citrix Receiver Profile Details

Citrix Receiver Profile Details

Citrix
Description
Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.
1989

Citrix Receiver Reviews

1-50 of 145 total Citrix Receiver reviews

Citrix Receiver Reviews

1-50 of 145 total Citrix Receiver reviews
Citrix Receiver review by Aaron G.
Prog.

"Safe, secure, and runs great"

What do you like best?

- Perfectly smooth, with no hiccups or delays, the remote system runs as smooth as my actual desktop

- Contrary to what some friends are reporting, I have never experienced any delays, or slowing down of the virtual desktop or my own desktop

- The tray icon in the Mac is very nice and gets you to your remote system with just a click

What do you dislike?

- I would love if there is a way to copy text from the Remote Desktop to my actual one

- The resolution sometimes feels like it's not high enough especially when opening documents on the virtual machine with small text

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever face any problems with performance, make sure your connection is solid, and probably use a Mac, my experience on Mac is perfect.

Safe secure access to my workstation from home

Citrix Receiver review by Dawn C.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

This service is quick and helps make the process of obtaining records very easy. We use it to access hospital records and it is very responsive. It is also great that it is regularly updated. It is well integrated into my Chrome browser. The program/database in which is it integrated it highly beneficial to us. We use the program daily to access records needed for our patient care.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike since I use it only for one purpose and it does it very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if it would improve anything for our particular needs. I think that maybe we could research its functionality a little more and see if it would be beneficial to our practice needs.

As I mentioned previously, it is integrated into a hospital database. It works very well with that particular program. I do know that when I was getting used to that particular database that the IT department told me that it is best used on the Chrome browser. I did have difficulties when I tried to use it in Internet Explorer.

Citrix Receiver review by Zachary Z.
Logistics Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Good integration, bad per user setups"

What do you like best?

Ability to remote in, from laptop, pc, or mobile is great for a user. Can run any software in a controlled environment without worry of someone mucking it up for all. The mobile app gets updates often and works very well for both android and apple users. Quick end-user login by providing email address or domain, preventing extra workload on IT.

What do you dislike?

No per user savestates. No snapshot of settings per user across multiple devices. Desktop intergraton is difficult for end users (such as setting shortcuts on desktop or pinning citrix apps to your Taskbar). Receiver lacks functionality other than being a bucket to drop programs into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push for continued tablet and phone improvements.

Software rollout to multiple users at many physical locations by simply providing a url and login rather than having to individually set up end users one by one.

Citrix Receiver review by Sam C.
Marketing and Commmunications Coordinator

"Review of Citrix Receiver"

What do you like best?

Citrix Receiver is a really useful tool that I utilize to send internal company emails to my firm. I like that the login screen is clearly customized for my company and the ease of logging in. Once logged in, it is suer easy to navigate and allows me to open the outlook email from any location. Additionally, I do not have access to work when outside the network, so having this mobility at times can be extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

Citrix is a really useful tool, however, one aspect that can create problems when experiencing an error is that its users may need to go through company IT or Service department when experiencing issues. This can at times create a delay in using the application. If it was set up that, for example, the user can reset the password, it would create more ease for the user.

The main business problem that Citrix Receiver solves is having the ability to access general email (i.e Marketing@mintz.com) and use the application for various users to assist with the inquiries or projects. It allows me, personally to send firm-wide emails from an account that doesn't belong to any one person and thus I have my own personal items and then the items that relate to firm-wide emails.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"Good option for remote user access to work applications"

What do you like best?

Citrix generally is easy to set up and easy for users to use. Desktop apps with plus button to add are very simple. Administrators and add or remove these easily on the Citrix Servers. It is web based and only requires install of a small receiver file to open the apps. Works in Chrome which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

From the users perspective requires extra training for users to understand how citrix works and were to save files. They must make sure they are patient and use logoff and ext functions instead of just x'ing out of windows or shutting down the computer that could cause stuck sessions. Users must understand were to save files to work with them inside of citrix. Printing is often a hassle and requires logging out and back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to use for remote working

Citrix gives our company the ability to provide clients with lesser powerful computers needed less resources costing less, also gives them options to access programs remotely.

Citrix Receiver review by Ashley H.
Deputy State's Attorney
Legal Services

"Effective but dated"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to connect to my work desktop without needing my work computer. I use this as a workaround to my VPN which doesn't seem to function with any degree of reliability. Our citrix environment is ancient, but I'm able to access the things I need to with it when my cisco VPN won't function

What do you dislike?

The installation of the receiver is a pain, and it feels like I'm running parallels rather than a streamlined approach to accessing my desktop. I am also not a huge fan of having to enter my profile every time i need to use the app, but I suppose it is a safety matter, so it's not a huge deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pain to have to go through adding your profile every time, but it works well and consistently. I've never had issues connecting with citrix in all my years here.

Mobile workspace is critical for my job, and citrix is always functional as long as I have a network connection. I am able to access the documents, templates, and information I need without having to tote around my huge work laptop. Printing capabilities are now non-functional with our VPN, but with Citrix Receiver I can still print from home and come in to all of my documents waiting.

Citrix Receiver review by Jacob S.
Field Technician
Utilities

"Use very often, quite good experience."

What do you like best?

It's very out of the way and transparent allowing me to use apps as if they were local to my desktop almost. When you need to launch an app you download its .ica and run and when finished close it as normal.

What do you dislike?

Crazy tight security policy. passwords always expiring and can't reuse. Have to call IT support and wait on hold to be able to use my apps sometimes. Rarely have lag issues. It stays open but sometimes has to be signed back in to update data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There really aren't any alternatives that I know of but it is also available on mobile phones and tablets.

We are a contractor to local power utility and they host the (ancient) database of all poles and underground power facilities. Also an app for work orders but i'm not using it too often. We have a few windows desktops we can launch too. This system allows outside users access to the utilities intranet and keeps everything secure.

Citrix Receiver review by Bettyanne M.
Customer Service Representative
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to use, convenient and integrated. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can work from home whenever I need to and can pick right back up where I left off at work the day before.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how when I do pick up where I left off on another computer that my icons are not where they were the day before. I am not sure if this is a CITRIX ISSUE or if it is my computer or work server.

No problems but definitely benefits our company because we are trying to catch up with the new age of internet and reachability, so working from home is something our company has been experimenting with. Citrix is awesome for that.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Construction

"Great Features But Some Problems"

What do you like best?

The features are great and the functionality of the program is great. It is super easy to use and has a lot of different options in terms of programs. VPN is a great feature of Citrix and definitely helps when I have Wifi but need a connection to all our company servers even when I am not in an office or jobsite.

What do you dislike?

It always crashes! In the middle of using a program, Citrix will just stop working and it is very frustrating. VPN also does the same thing. I will be in an airport or in my own home where Wifi is readily available and VPN will just disconnect. That is super frustrating especially when you have deadlines to meet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and has many different applications for your business needs. I would just reach out to your local IT person to make sure you have all the proper communications when using Citrix. I think that it has it's flaws in terms of functionality but it is still a great product.

It is a critical software to what I do for work so we use it every day to solve problems and I realized I cannot be as productive in my job without it.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Law Practice

"Works well if you have more licenses than people"

What do you like best?

It is easy to install on both a PC and Mac and lets me access business software remotely very easily. If there are licenses available, then it is very quick to log on and there are generally not problems working with other programs.

What do you dislike?

You have to be very careful how you exit the program and we often have to have our IT guys go in and 'kill' sessions because if you don't exit the software properly or have a power outage or some sort of crash, the software thinks you are still using one of the licensing slots and it won't allow additional users to log on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get enough licenses and stress the importance of logging off correctly. Ideally, make sure numerous people have access to 'kill' sessions so that limited licensing doesn't become an issue.

It allows employees to quickly access programs remotely without going through a web browser and slowing the process down. I highly recommend having this installed on your desktop as opposed to using the browser version.

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator

"very reliable, has only crashed once in 4 years of using it"

What do you like best?

The tech support for anything and everything. This program does a lot and everytime I call them for any support or if I forgot how to do something the wait time to speak to someone is not usually very long, and you can request a call back if you can't wait. If they can't help you over the phone they share a screen and walk you through everything. If they still can't help you they send the case up to the tech support and get back to you or have them share your screen as well. The program itself is also very user friendly considering how much it does as a medical EMR software.

What do you dislike?

That it has to be installed on a computer first before using it, which is pretty minor but still would be nice to access it quickly or on my cell phone if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have experience with any other programs for medical EMRs but I have heard from everyone else who can compare that Accuro is one of the best if not the best for its user friendliness. I would never want to use anything else as it is easy to learn, easy to use and is capable of doing so much to make our lives easier and jobs more efficient.

We use citrix to launch Accuro which is a medical EMR and we have realized it does a LOT for us, so much that we learn new things about this program every year

Citrix Receiver review by User in Medical Practice

"Citrix allows for easy access to my work desktop from home"

What do you like best?

After you download Citrix, its very easy to sign on whenever you need to from that point. There are never problems with connection and I can always rely on Citrix during unexpected delays or work cancellations.

What do you dislike?

Citrix constantly requests that I update their system which can be fairly annoying. Also, there were a few times, that I believe have been fixed, where multiple people logging onto the Citrix receiver caused it to be extremely slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up Citrix can be fairly difficult but after the set up is complete, the product is very easy to use.

We are solving problems related to snow days and printing capabilities using Citrix Receiver. We can log onto our work based desktop from home in these instances and still have a very productive working day.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"A secure network on the go"

What do you like best?

I like that Citrix Receiver allows me to communicate confidential patient health information in a secure matter from the comfort of my own home and own personal devices.

What do you dislike?

Citrix Receiver is designed for PC. It works on my mac devices, however the formatting does not translate well and it is not the most convenient to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not super user friendly on non-PC technology but it still works and gets the job done. I trust the secure of Citrix Receiver.

HIPPA is taken very seriously in the health care field. Violating HIPPA laws including communicating about confidential patient information without a verified, secure network can result in both professional and legal consequences. This day in age, technology is everywhere. Citrix Receiver solves the problem of not being on a stationary facility-owned computer but still able to communicate legally protected information from any location.

Citrix Receiver review by Kristin Nicole P.
Medical Technologist
Hospital & Health Care

"Citrix Receiver Review"

What do you like best?

I do really like the amount of security that Citrix provides for the users of the system. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the ease of getting to my applications on my XenDesktop. There's also an app that can be used to access everything as well, so on top of accessing from my work desktop, I can use it on my phone or any other computer really. It's pretty simple and secure. Those are the top two things I look for in a software.

What do you dislike?

Despite the awesome security benefits, having to sign in on pop-ups every other minute can be a little annoying. However, this may just be the extra security we have already installed on the computers as precaution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It's definitely worth looking into, let alone actually getting it.

We’ve had hackers in the past which broke into the network somehow and took tons of valuable information. It was a huge, huge deal, especially since there was medical record information taken. The hospital got in lots of trouble because of it.

Citrix Receiver review by Nishant T.
Hospitalist
Hospital & Health Care

"Multipurpose and functional tool"

What do you like best?

It allows you to use any EHRs from anywhere. That's very convenient and is protected. I have used Epic, and meditech from my laptop, ipad and cellphones. I can use it wherever and whenever I like. Rounding has been super easy and chances of mistakes are decreased.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced too many bad things. At times, it may increase the amount of time you spent as it is usually slower than working on desktop itself. It freezes more frequently. There can be more distractions to your work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using citrix since 2012. Its amazing how it improves the user interface. It takes health care to a higher level. You can review multiple reports, notes and imaging in one platform. It is very secure and very less complications. It freezes from time to time. There are some problems due to upgrade, and you need to update from time to time. During update there might be some problems with performance. I have overall had good experience, and I would recommend this product to everyone.

The appropriate use of EHR is improved by the use of citrix. With the use of this receiver, multiple PCs are able to use it at once. Multi-tasking and multi people involvement is a possibility. The quality of healthcare is improved. The interaction between different specialties is improved. It is easy to review information from other providers and different primary care settings.

Citrix Receiver review by Carmen Gloria A.
Developer RPA

"citrix is not perfect but works"

What do you like best?

best? nothing really, but we use to have access to all our aplication that we use remotly because I love to move every time that I can.

What do you dislike?

when we are running our application sometimes the conection fail and the aplication also fail because need stay online all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well I will recommend if somebody need use their app to connect from everywhere just if you dont need stay 100% online because sometimes when I am running automatic process that could run easily 24/7 allways I have connection problems with Citrix I still dont know really when this problem is produced because I am only a user and I dont know more about how this software works but in my own experience I can tell you that I have this connection problem just in this cases, when I worked regularly usually I dont have connection problems just when I am working with my robots.

We need connect all our application from severals places so citrix allow us to connect us from everywhere that is the best benefit because I like to move from city to city once in a while and with this app I can work remotly almos without problems

Citrix Receiver review by Emily R.
IT Intern
Aviation & Aerospace

"Not the best - but it useful for hosted databases"

What do you like best?

It is the gateway to your cloud hosted environment and easy to install on the computer itself.

What do you dislike?

You have to configure your computer to print through Citrix - using the Citrix universal printer or setting up the proper pathway for the hosted database to find your local/network printer. If you change printers a lot, this can be a big pain. Often than most, Citrix needs an update which can cause issues loading or using your hosted product. Found out it works best in Firefox - which is inconvenient because Google Chrome is more commonly used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you let users know ahead of time that they have to use a specific browser in order to avoid random issues. If you consistently change printers, you may want to consider something else as using the Citrix Universal Printer can be tricky.

We solved the issue of having to back up our database weekly. We are now cloud hosted because of being able to use Citrix to get into our database.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using Citrix Receiver to securely access programs in a large health care system"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with using the Citrix Receiver. Having to go to an additional site to access network programs is not ideal, but necessary to maintain our security requirements. Having the ability to download the receiver helps fix this issue. I would likely still use VPN if I had a choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. The Citrix Receiver allows me to access secure network platforms without any breach of confidentiality and from any location. Within a large, statewide health care system, the ability to access network platforms and programs is critical. Using two factor authentication also allows us to provide an additional security layer.

Citrix Receiver allows my health care system to grant access to employees so that email and other core platforms for job responsibilities can be achieved regardless of location and the physical connection to a network server. It is critical for us to maintain complete HIPAA compliance, so the Citrix Receiver helps us to meet our use cases for accessing a variety of network platforms securely.

Citrix Receiver review by Kendall S.
Grants Writer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Does the trick"

What do you like best?

The fact that the citrix environment mirrors the look of a standard desktop is familiar and simple to use. It's easy to access from anywhere and seems to be stable (I rarely lose the connection whether using wi-fi or on a hard-wired network).

What do you dislike?

The slow speed can be frustrating, however we are running SAGE and Raiser's Edge - two large databases - within Citrix. I don't know if that makes a difference. Simple applications like Office run fine. Internet is slow so we must use internet outside of Citrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it first to check the speed. We are switching to Azure Cloud from Citrix soon because of the speed issues.

Remote access, shared files, shared licenses (i.e. Adobe Acrobat), remote hosting, data backup

Citrix Receiver review by User in Higher Education

"Useful product - recent update is a big improvement"

What do you like best?

I can access my work desktop, email, and virtual drives on my laptop from afar. With the most recent update, it is running very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Before the recent update, it was very slow and would sometimes grind to a halt. There were major connection issues. After the update, it is running smoothly, with only occasional issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure I would have recommended Citrix Receiver before the most recent update. However, I now would unqualifiedly recommend it. The company's approach to the software seems to be rapidly improving, and I have faith in this product going forward.

It has helped me work from home. This is useful when writing long motions, so I can be comfortable working and get into "the zone" without distractions. I can also access educational materials on the virtual drives and send emails from afar.

"Not a fan. "

What do you like best?

Nothing? I'm pretty sure the only reason we use Citrix is because we are required to use IE to access certain tools, but our office uses Mac computers, which doesn't support IE. So I guess it's cool that Citrix allows use to use IE on our Macs...but I hate IE too so.

What do you dislike?

See above. In addition, the set up process is a complicated hassle, most of the HelpDesk/Customer Support agents don't seem to know what they're doing. The log in process is tedious and doesn't work half the time. Security is extraneous. Processing is slow. Glitchy. Etc.

See first answer. If we could use our tools in Chrome, we wouldn't need Citrix and life would be much easier.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"Virtual Desktop to meet all needs"

What do you like best?

I do like having access to all needed items from my desktop at any location I may be.

The ability to access documents and apps remotely makes working from anywhere easier and more convenient.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the process of saving items in citrix desktop vs on my machine. After working on a citrix terminal for so long, I do not like citrix receiver as an option on a PC. It seems to have less functionality and be far less convenient than working on a terminal.

Citrix receiver allows mobility and access to information from anywhere with any internet connection, I can still be certain that my data is secure.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"dependable access to various central apps"

What do you like best?

This software allow me to access various applications used in the hospital while I'm at home, or my other place of work. The platform is quite popular so more often than not it's already installed at other institutions. It has never crashed on me or caused any disruptions to my workflow.

What do you dislike?

When logged out it doesn't have a means of remembering the site i was trying to access. Since I only access one site, username, or domain, I wish that it would remember this as the one developed by my institution is difficult to remember.

It helps with productivity. Allows users to take their work home and problem solve issues that come up after hours.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Working with Citrix "

What do you like best?

This service is quick and helps make the process of obtaining records very easy. We use it to access articles and it is very responsive. It is also great that it is regularly updated. It is well integrated into my Safari browser. We use the program daily to access records needed for our patient care.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately after the last sierra update to citrix didn't not work any more... says it can not connect....Had to have the help desk uninstall the package and reinstall. Which delayed my work day for a couple hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

freezes from time to time. There are some problems with upgrading, and make sure you update from time to time to ensure proper functionality. I have overall had good experience, and I would recommend this product to everyone.

It just allows me to do my job more efficiently. However, I can not say with certainty that I would not have the same level of functionality with out using Citrix.

Citrix Receiver review by Administrator

"Citrix...works nice and slow"

What do you like best?

It allows me to continue working away from my desk. So I can always pick up where I left off. Share screen!

What do you dislike?

It is very slow. It locks up the computer and makes it very tedious to complete tasks if you are on a deadline. Also, one drawback is that if there is maintenance going on at the office, I cannot continue that work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Breathe

Remote login to complete work from our internal document server. I can share my screen with another user! This is great when you want to call someone on the phone becasue they are not in the same location as you but they can walk you through a problem because they can see what you are talking about.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Useful when VPN is not an option"

What do you like best?

It allows me to access local databases without maintaining software on my machine, so I can do research needed for my reports without clunking up my local drive.

What do you dislike?

There is a lag time when logging in, but it's not bad all things considered. It would be easier if there was a setting to pick up on my system login, instead of having to re-enter my user name and password again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very ease to use. Just make sure you have been set up properly as a user and that your user name and passwords are synced with your system.

Secure, remote work is possible with Citrix receiver. I can utilize it in the office or at home or on the go. It's all the same interface.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Citrix Receiver for Communication "

What do you like best?

I like how it easy to communicate on outlook to other staff members as well users outside of my office. It has all the applications like Microsoft Suite and even Google Chrome. If I need an application I just forward that information to my manager and he can easily add it to my receiver desktop.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't the easiest program to understand at first. Every time I put my computer on "sleep" mode when I left my desk for a short amount of time, I would have to sign into the program all over again which was a slight hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unfamiliar with outlook or do not wish to use it in your receiver, you can use google chrome which is nice.

Manager supervises work without checking in, which is nice. It is a benefit so my boss knows when I am in and out or which department I am working with in order to find me. The receiver has tons of applications so it is nice to use it from the access website without having the download those applications or the software itself to use them.

"A Decent program"

What do you like best?

As a dentist, this program does integrate the medical & dental charts. A feature that is absolutely necessary nowadays.

What do you dislike?

This program crushes often and it is not very user friendly. Especially log in process to is tedious and unstable at sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company is switching to Epic. I think that is more of general trend nowadays.

As I have described earlier, program slows down at a time or crashes often. We have an IT department to deal with this kind of issues, but if you're a small medical office, I think it could be a problem.

Citrix Receiver review by Addie M.
Project Engineer Intern
Construction
(10,001+ employees)

"Citrix Receiver is good for students or people actively learning"

What do you like best?

It allows you to get ahold of any computer program without actually having to download hay computer program on whatever device you're on. This is great for students who need to write an essay one night on Word or design a water distribution system another night on AutoCAD.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes downloading the programs are a little hard if you don't have a membership with that program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you need to use many programs on many devices or if your computer can't handle downloading many programs.

It saves time when it comes to deciding which programs to use and allows me to focus more on the task at hand.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Secure and Ease Comes with Little Quirks"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to access my network applications from any location with internet connectivity and I know I am securely connected. Login is quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't take much to kick you out. If you have spotty internet connection, forget it. You'll spend more time logging in than actually getting things done. Assuming you have good connectivity, the most frustrating thing to me is when I am home and have multiple screens, the interface in Citrix does not work well with my two screens and throws off the click range with my mouse (I have to click half an inch to the right to get what I need).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use RSA token to login for more security!

Ease of working from home and being able to access all of our internal applications from anywhere. This allows us to have 100% remote employees.

Citrix Receiver review by User

"Easy Access to Platforms"

What do you like best?

The Citrix Receiver offers a quick platform to access different systems in the form of applications which we use at our company, while keeping them all in one easy to locate place. I keep the link for the Citrix Receiver in my bookmark banner so I can quickly get to it when needed. Also, it keeps these systems secure by only allowing users to access it when they sign in to their company accounts.

What do you dislike?

The system seems a bit outdated. It is still quick and easy to use, but aesthetically it is not the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing if the applications your company uses are compatible with it

It has allowed us to keep our systems secure, as well as in one easy to access place. The applications are clear and distinct from one another on Citrix Receiver.

Citrix Receiver review by Kyle Charles W.
AML Analyst

"Easy to Use at Home and at Work"

What do you like best?

User friendly and very self explanatory. It was easy to use again and again and there were not many steps or tricks to learn/memorize. Being able to jump right in and use it with relatively little help was great.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I didn't like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to use with virtual desktops/alternative access, or when offering remote/work from home options.

Being able to work at any station or any location with access to my same desktop is great! Things are exactly as I leave them and I can access them anywhere that I need to.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Sports

"I have issues with it at least once a day!"

What do you like best?

It is really nice having all the applications that I need for work in one place, in a very useable and visually appealing setting. It is also really nice how I can log into my Citrix Receiver, but will not have to constantly be signing into each application individually whenever I need to use it.

What do you dislike?

I am used to it now, but I have to restart Citrix multiple times a day. I don't know if our old work computers simply cannot handle the software, but it seems to make my computer freeze up a lot. When it does, I often have to close out of Citrix or completely restart my computer, which obviously shuts down any application I am using. This is especially problematic when I am in a time crunch or working with a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to have all your applications in one place and not have to keep signing into them individually, but expect to have restart Citrix often. Make sure you keep saving everything, in case it freezes up your computer at an inopportune time!

It is great to make all of the applications accessible and secure, especially when working with sensitive information. It seems to be easy for employees to get the hang of using as well, although I often hear people complain about how it shuts down on them.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Financial Services

"Great system to use to work at home"

What do you like best?

Overall, Citrix Receiver is great for working from home. I like the innovation of adding a mobile app, which makes it easy to check work email when on the go to meetings etc.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most of all is how time consuming it is to log in. I understand the security measures needed to log in but sometimes it takes so long, it's not worth it. Especially for mobile devices, it would be nice to add a fingerprint scan to quicken the log in process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend it. It makes a busy lifestyle easier manage work.

I use it when I am away from the office. This makes it extremely easy to connect to work from home when needed (and being a mom of 3, the ability to work from home is needed and amazing).

Citrix Receiver review by Timothy H.
Online Financial Aid Counselor
Entertainment

"Works great but definitely needs an update"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy enough to use even if the software itself feels outdated, like Windows 98. It does the the job our schools need it to but it would be nice if it looked and felt modern.

What do you dislike?

The system freezes up and crashes all the time. If you switch between programs, typically CVUE will freeze and you can't edit anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sfotware definitely needs a modern update and needs to function better. System crashes and slowdowns are way too often.

Keeping track and progress of our students in the main thing. It's a great system for logging activities and keeping track of our interactions.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Citrix has its ups and downs"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and that the applications will all work together. There are a ton of shortcuts as well that make it even better..

What do you dislike?

I hate that when i try to access it remotely that it takes up to 25 minutes to start to up for me to access. I wish there was a reset button so you can undo a mistake on an existing file without having to close the file and reopen it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

I can provide a client a proposal in different styles, customized for them. I can provide a little or a lot of details depending on their needs.

Citrix Receiver review by Joel A.

"Satisfied so far"

What do you like best?

easy way to have access to applications, tools and files even been remotely. My PC do not get stucked with lot os applications installed.

What do you dislike?

hmmm i don't have nothing to complain :)

with Citrix we dont need to keep installing and updating the tools, applications or files used by the employees. in one access they have everything they need.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Citrix Receiver Review "

What do you like best?

The software for Citrix Receiver is extremely consistent and filled with many programs that can be added to it in one window. It makes the process streamlined for research and even organizing programs/icons.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike primarily deals with the infrastructure, mostly because if the company/hospital IT ends up failing, then the entire system breaks down and there are no backups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it will be the perfect fit for data collection.

It streamlines processes for data collection. However, we are not in a business contact partnership with Citrix.

Citrix Receiver review by Colleen G.
Senior Associate
Accounting

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

Nothing - the whole experience has been terrible. I guess the dashboard is okay.

What do you dislike?

So slow and barely works - always some sort of startup problem that requires IT to reset it. Really impedes business.

Trying to get in the cloud, but we are being slowed down and blocked from doing our jobs.

Citrix Receiver review by Michael S.
Controller
Accounting

"Gateway to the IT world"

What do you like best?

I love that CR allows our organization to have one location for multiple access points

What do you dislike?

CR requires a lot of IT help and support. When it's down, server issues, etc. it can be very problematic.

We are able to securely grant access to various programs while keep data usage on the server.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Consumer Services

"suitable for remote transfer of sensitive data"

What do you like best?

Citrix receiver allows me to access confidential files that have been shared with me from a third party efficiently and securely.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I encounter difficulty when attempting to copy and paste data files from the citrix receiver to my computer. This requires me to troubleshoot and play around with the settings to ensure that I am able to successfully transfer the files that I need. Sometimes I give up before I am actually able to transfer the files and uninstall and reinstall the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the settings.

We are obtaining confidential files securely and electronically versus being sent a flash drive or CD via mail. This is a more efficient process for my organization and the party providing the information.

Citrix Receiver review by User in Utilities

"Must Have for intranet access"

What do you like best?

It's very easy for all users to access the Company's portal and intranet with the Citrix Receiver.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike other than the icon setup would be nice to have user personalization, if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if it would help increase more users the ability to work remotely or a field operations related workforce to communicate better, but the possibilities with this tool are endless for a mixture of staffing.

I was looking to access my office computer and Company intranet from home more and more with young children. The benefits to work from home have increased significantly!

Citrix Receiver review by User

"Customer Service experience with Citrix Receiver"

What do you like best?

In my position, we can access all of our systems required on this one website!! It is absolutely perfect and has allowed me to work from home 3 days a week!! i love it!!

What do you dislike?

i have no complaints at all about this and it has changed my life for the absolute better!! :)

it allows you to access all the programs you need in one website! It is also web based so you can work from anywhere you choose! :)