Chop Dawg Reviews & Product Details

Chief Executive Officer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am creating both an affordable alternative and a valuable companion to healthcare simulation labs. Starting with the neonatal population, precision is key, so I required a team to work on this project. As an RN, I have a strong understanding on the healthcare portion of this project and knew what I wanted, I just did not know how I would be able to achieve it from a technical standpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Josh Davidson met with me personally on a one on one meeting locally. I was able to describe what I was looking to build. Josh never spent any time selling me on how great his company is, or how many applications he has worked on. He got down to work with me to try to devise tasks that I needed to do first before it was appropriate to flesh out any type of business contract. He was always very upfront with me. Anytime I would reach out to him no matter what, I would get a response almost immediately. When I decided to hire Chop Dawg Studios to creat my prototype, I was getting a team instantly, hand picked by the owner of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had gotten used to the team at ChopDawg during the creation of my prototype, and sometimes I forgot that I am not their only customer. I would have a hard time waiting until the weekly conference to discuss my thoughts on the project. I am knowledgeable in computer science, but I am a novice at software development so sometimes my impatience gets the best of me. I think I would have liked more frequent meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I strongly recommend giving the folks at ChopDawg a call. At the very least, you will get some great advice and meet the owner of a really cool app development studio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Josh Davidson recommended that I start with a non functional prototype (NFP) to keep costs down and deliver an experience that would emulate the product that I was trying to develop. Since I was self funding, keeping costs down was my main concern. I was quoted a price which I was agreeable to, and that price never went up. The work planned turned into something bigger than expected, and Chop Dawg saw the value in being able to deliver an experience true to my vision. They could have discussed the extra time needed, and raised the price (which I would likely had trouble covering at this time) but since they recognized that I was putting in just as much effort in the project, they matched my effort. They are not an app developer for the sake of getting the job done, they become members of your team, with a vested interest in the project you planned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chop Dawg Overview

What is Chop Dawg?

Since 2009, we've helped launch 350+ next-generation apps for startups, first-time entrepreneurs, growing companies, and non-profits around the world. When it comes to working with Chop Dawg, Think Partner, Not Agency. Our Focus Includes: Product Strategy Prototyping & Demonstrating User Interface Design App Icon, Logo, & Branding Design iOS App Development Android App Development Web App Development Wearable App Development WordPress Site Development Augmented & Virtual Reality App Development Artificial Intelligence & Chatbot App Development Blockchain, ICO & Cryptocurrency Programming Security, Encryption, & Compliances Mobile Backend Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) & Product Testing App Analytics Integration & Marketing

Chop Dawg Details

They have created 300+ digital products — from mobile and web apps to blockchain and artificial intelligence technologies for startups, Fortune 500s, growing businesses, and non-profits around the globe.

What Does It Mean For Chop Dawg to be Your Technical Partner?
It's the difference between us sitting next to you at the table vs. across. It’s our job, as a technical partner, to guide each company and appreneur that approaches us towards the right game plan for their app's long-term success.

Why Partner With Us?
As your partner, we operate in full transparency. Set-rate, pay-as-you-go, transparent and fair pricing. Detailed project roadmaps and deliverable schedules throughout the duration of your project. Quick response times. Weekly and bi-weekly meetings to keep you in the loop on your app's progress. A dedicated project manager, US-based developers, designers, and QA-testers. Assistance on server infrastructure, product testing — even post-app launch support with our 30-Day Bug Warranty and 30-Day Maintenance Period. At Chop Dawg, we have your back, because your success is our success.

Chop Dawg
2009
Philadelphia, PA
@chop_dawg

Chop Dawg Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Chop Dawg community
Have you used Chop Dawg before?

Chop Dawg Reviews

Showing 9 ChopDawg.com reviews
Location
Already have Chop Dawg?
Owner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The helped us build an awesome prototype app for our app and one heck of a soon to be industry takeover app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have to admit Josh is a true stand up guy, he naturally shows he cares about his business and helping your business succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really had to come back to this question because at first I couldn't think of anything I didn't like about Chopdawg. Still coming back after finishing the review, I still don"t have anything negative to say about them. They honest have a 98 Phil Jackson line up of a team. They all work really well together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try this out you won't be upset! Seriously Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started out trying to get our app built over seas because it will be cheaper, and we soon realized that cheap isn't the way to go. When you go from people not following the development schedule, missing zoom calls. When we met Josh, we saw what a true partnership and company looks like! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX/UI Product Design Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Accelestate.com hired Chop Dawg to build our website application. We provided their team with our designs for the platform. They created the web app using a range of technologies, including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. Their developers handled all backend and database creation. They integrated Plaid into the system so users can connect their bank accounts to the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

After talking to several shops it quickly became apparent that Chop Dawg was the right choice. We had gotten burned by a previous shop based on a recommendation and wanted to avoid the same mistakes. Chop Dawg did a great job of taking the time to lear about our product and what we wanted it to enable our users to do. They provided detailed information on how they planned to go about solving those problems, how much it would cost and an estimated timeline. We met twice a week via video conference in addition to more frequent emails. We have had a great experience working with them to build our product and we look forward to working with them again and we would highly recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think they could use a dedicated QA person to do a more thorough testing of products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chop Dawg really took the time to understand our product and then guide us through the way they proposed building it and why. They anticipated issues and guided us in the proper direction. They then implemented this process to build our site and improve upon our original product. The best benefit is the constant clear communication with the team throughout the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

ChopDawg was hired to develop a web application that included many interconnected data points that user's could change at any time. Design files were provided to ChopDawg in order to scope and then ultimately build to product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The upfront pricing was a very nice feature after having been burned before as well as the US based team. The biggest thing was their clear communication style and knowledge of what we were hoping to accomplish in order to advise us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like they could use a dedicated QA person/process to catch some bugs eariler before the client does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Start with ChopDawg before you vet other firms. We found them to be the best price and we are really happy with the quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed guidance and development. They were great about anticipating future issues and helping us to improve our product while ultimately delivering on their promise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

ChopDawg was hired to create a registry like prototype for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Communication was always easy with the team, I never had an issue getting a reply quickly. Also, the actual project was done exactly the way I wanted (if they had recommendations to make changes we would talk about it in our meetings). Working with the team was seamless! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of that I didn't like, perhaps just the quote for the actual project was a little more than we could afford. You Truly get what you pay for though and if we had the funds we would have used chopDawg for the project! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Modernizing the way we pay for funerals- they helped me create the blueprints for my app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

ChopDawg helped us create a food cost app, along with a video series for this specific food category. This hasn't been done to this level and after interviewing 10 plus companies ChopDawg was the only ones that actually saw our vision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The team is responsive and makes changes until we are happy. The team’s responsive service, accommodating approach, and timely deliveries make them a strong long-term partner. ChopDawg.com adheres to the budget and vision for the solution. Their ability to grasp niche business needs distinguishes them from other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't disliked the process yet. Keep up the great work team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely give Joshua and his team a chance. We are already planning three other applications for them to work on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to create a feel for business to business but having it simplified enough to feel like the business to the consumer has been a challenge for us to see. ChopDawg designers have nailed this for us to see the actual vision come alive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

- We are a startup company looking to build our company app, and website - with complex back-end functionalities and databases usage.

- We did Phase 1 of non-functional wireframe architecture prototypes with ChopDawg, and they came out really well, and Phase 1 of the project went smoothly.

- We are currently engaging Chop Dawg now build the actual ship(both mobile app and company website) with the architecture wireframes as a guide.

- Our engagement with them so far has been successful. Looking forward to seeing the final ship being built and ready to rock and roll out into the real world. Will follow-up with a review post deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Communication

- Organized meetings

- Leadership

- Upfront Pricing

- Knowledgeable in the Technology Industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Wish their services were cheaper, but everybody always wishes pricing for everything is always a little bit more cheaper. But all in all a good price to value delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Knowledgeable resources on building apps and complex websites.

- Also great leadership in terms of formulating the actual Scope of Work, which we found very valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

ChopDawg helped me create a Non-Functional Prototype for an app idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Chop Dawg is the communication and connection formed with the Chop Dawg team. They went out of their way to make sure I was 100% satisfied, every step of the way. Their organization and processes in place, made for a perfect fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's genuinely nothing I can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I presented my app idea to Chop Dawg and right away, it was clear that I NEEDED Chop Dawg to move forward with my idea. Once I signed a Letter of Intent, within a week they had mapped out every single screen the app would require, in an outline. I couldn't have done this myself. Their organization and set prices made it easy to hire them to make a Non-Functional Prototype for my app idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

For developing an app with the e-commerce where all the apps are in one single app to sort out the price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

About the interface used which made it easy for the developer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike apart from using the interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It’s a good product which just makes the developer user interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have got pretty sorted out every problem with this. It just makes it user friendly for the developer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PL
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Developing an AI based chat application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ChopDawg's entire team and development process met and exceeded our expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We were unable to complete our project within the projected time frame but this was more due to complexity of the project and development issues which were not reasonably foreseeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating an improved and AI powered communication application in order to better interface with both current and prospective clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.