Chargify Reviews & Product Details

Founder
What do you like best?

I like Chargify's reliability - I've never had an issue in several years and this is critical when it comes to payment processing and subscription management for my SaaS business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I started the charges have increased significantly. There is a degree of lock-in as switching to a competitor is not done in a day or two. That said it's still value for money. I do not like the introduction of a revenue based fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Subscription management, in a nutshell. Chargify has streamlined many subscription related tasks for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chargify Overview

What is Chargify?

Chargify is the only billing and revenue management platform built specifically for fast-growing B2B SaaS businesses. Chargify is a globally-recognized leader in the Recurring Billing and Subscription Management space. The Chargify platform enables subscription businesses to create, optimize, and adapt offers—the right combination of product, packaging, pricing, and promotion—and manage change over time. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, the company has helped thousands of businesses manage millions of offers that drive billions in annual revenue. Chargify removes billing bottlenecks and gives front, corner, and back office teams the speed and flexibility to accelerate growth. Transform your revenue management from a business blocker into a revenue accelerator with Chargify.

Chargify Details

Chargify is a subscription management tool that allows users to manage their recurring revenue and adapt to add-ons, usage fees, coupons, and discounts.

Chargify

Chargify Reviews

Showing 265 Chargify reviews
Already have Chargify?
AM
What do you like best?

Chargify offers so many automation which has been really nice to lower the hands-on work that is needing to be done. It allows me to focus my time on other areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes right now I like everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Too many to name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

That it was easy to incorporate with our website, for easy payment tracking and reporting as well as reversing duplicate payments upon request. The ID client numbers were helpful in locating specific payments and clients to help with refunds as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hoped it would have a better way to disable and enable for those periods in the year where its not needed. We have a set payment window each year and an automatic end-date would be helpful with a bounce to those who try to pay after set time. Maybe this is something that you have but I haven't figured out how to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works great with our online website, we use Amazon web infrastructure and it was seamless. But this was done through our internal IT Team which found it very easy to use and set up for our unique purpose. This will be the third year of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to wait for checks in the mail. We were able to sent clients an automated receipt to their email so there is a record of the payment. Clients are able to submit payment directly online and verify with the date they submitted the payment. The benefit is that you can assign client number to those who frequently use our service during the pay period. The ID numbers were useful in tracking payments and confirming payments online without much oversight and useful reporting structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Chargify
Continuing Education Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Chargify has made it possible for us to add a subscription model to our online sales offerings. Their software makes it easy to process, track and manage online subscription purchases. I really like their dashboard that provides an instant overview of what's happening throughout the day. It also communicates well with several other apps we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features do a great job of quickly giving you sales and subscription information. But in some cases it is difficult to specify dates and time frames for more specific reporting. Some of the filtering is limited and makes it difficult to get needed information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many of our clients were asking for a subscription option to our online IT certification courses. We needed a quick and easy way to set up a subscription option that would be easy to manage and administer. We use Shopify as our primary shopping cart and Chargify to handle the subscriptions. They both work well together. Since implementing Chargify several years ago our subscriptions have become a significant part of product offering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Customer Strategist, Project Manager
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use- there are SEVERAL clicks to get in. Maybe a favorite dashboard can be selected, and thats the one that it takes you too. I'll holler at Netflix with this feedback too, don't you worry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to be able to search by the last 4 digits of a card number, or be provided more filters to sort subscriptions. I'd also enjoy seeing an easier way to create coupons- a Coupon Center, wherein you can assign the coupon to the product group, and square away all of the other coupon details, test, launch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I share that the team is actively working to improve, just like we all are (and should be)- and to consider the loops and compliance that it takes to handle such sensitive data. Moving swiftly while carrying secure data isn't something that I'd recommend, and I appreciate that the improvements are thought out. Furthermore, I never regard the price of Chargify-- I focus on the quality of the product. I can pay less for a similar tool, sure. But when it comes to this sensitive of data, quality should win over price, every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our teams been challenged to utilize the API, and other technical tools to capture data. Data, I think, that could be easily attained in next iterations of the product. You'll notice by my screenshot that Chargify and I are very close, its my 2nd bookmark- it confirms information for me, that only it can confirm. I also want a company that employs my buddies, and is next door to us to thrive and be a great tool. So feel free to ping me for more feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Membership and Community
What do you like best?

In my organization, we rely on Chargify to set up recurring payments for a range of different products. Navigation is simple and the design is clean and clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As someone who's usually popping into Chargify to keep tabs on new signups to our programs, sometimes it's difficult to sift through all the detailed payment data to get a quick sense of new and canceled customers. We've had some complications with integrations into Mailchimp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be mindful of the distinction between "shops" and "products" - some email templates within the same shop are shared between different products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is allowing us to move away from annual invoicing for our members. We keep higher levels of program retention thanks to Chargify's automatic renewal. I also really appreciate the dunning process - I can see very clearly what stage someone is at in a lapsed payment renewal and can modify communications through Chargify during that process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Customer Success Representative
Fund-Raising
What do you like best?

Chargify is easy to navigate and manage. All of your subscriptions in one place, easy to update profiles, and self-service links that you can provide your customers.

Integrates directly to your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unsure if it was just because of our specific setup, but I was unable to process refunds directly in product. processing a refund outside of the system and recording it in Chargify seems like an extra step, we could do without.

The statements layout can sometimes be confusing to the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy to use subscription billing tool, Chargify is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A white labeled solution, with easy to manage customer subscriptions that offer a lot of self-service tools.

Easy to organize subscription plans that integrate with your own product.

Reminders when credit cards on file will expire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Business Development (Sales, Marketing, and Account Management)
What do you like best?

I really like that they new interface has MRR insights, but maintained a lot of the functionality of the original design focusing on subscription management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could set up multiple currencies within a single product and component value so that we can provide our international customers with automated billing in their home currency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My best advice is to have your pricing scenario set at implementation. We have changed pricing several times and it makes things difficult. And try to avoid too many coupons and be as consistent with your customers as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automated invoicing and credit card payment processing are big for us. That and removing access for unpaid accounts. We've experienced a reduction in man hours for billing purposes, cleaner accounting on our SaaS revenue, and more accurate current client lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CSM
What do you like best?

Chargify was really simply to implement and use. Their documentation is extensive and the support team are really responsive. They are constantly pro-actively improving and adding to the product to meet subscription management needs and provide flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few gaps in functionality, particularly around the billing portal which I would like to see improved to allow customers to add more details to their accounts. Also, bulk actions and more adv filter options would be great for subscription management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We moved from a hosted billing system to Chargify which was intuitive enough that we could set it up ourselves and save money as well as benefit from extra functionality and reliability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Chargify's Customer support is highly responsive and knowledgeable, somewhat makes up for the difficulties of navigating Chargify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have an experience with another tool to make it directly comparable, but as a non-pro user found it really rather complicated to navigate between accounts and subscriptions. Additionally reporting from Mixpanel is highly limited, ie. report output is not customizable, I would need to check each user individually to clarify which subscription they are on, Chargify lists only the amounts paid. Furthermore, there's no way to know from Charfiy if the user canceled the subscription, have to wait until the renewal date and see if the renewal is for the same amount as in the previous month or less.

Makes reporting and projecting quite a headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seems to work for billing, but reporting from Chargify is rather painful and very manual. Don't do it if you need to report and analyse payment data regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self-serve signup and payments.

Like their SaaS emails and Customer support, but not much else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Marketing Manager
Internet
What do you like best?

Chargify makes it easy to track customer invoices, payments and subscription plans. Despite our company's complex billing plans, setting up the billing plans themselves has been very straightforward. More importantly, managing customer subscriptions is made simple. Their reporting and revenue alerts are among my favorite features. Overall, I've had a great experience navigating all of Chargify's features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to be able to open invoices and subscriptions on `new tabs` but not much else I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our previous billing service did not provide the level of revenue reporting we needed insight into. Chargify, on the other hand, delivers the analytics beautifully.

The dunning process has also been more effective than that provided by our previous billing service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity and organization of everything on Chargify is what I like best. It is very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that if a card doesn't go through, I will call my clients to let them know that I need an updated card from them. They will usually ask me to re-run the card we have on file because the card just got shut down temporarily or something like that but instead of just re-running the card, I have to get the whole card # and info from them again since Chargify doesn't save it. My clients sometimes get frustrated by that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth using it especially for a larger company trying to keep billing professional, private and easy to use/access. The system just requires a login which is nice because you can use it on the go or wherever you may be. I love how the system keeps a history of invoices and information to retrieve if necessary. It also allows a variety of billing such as credit card or connecting a bank account which is convenient for our clients if they want that option. It is user friendly and well organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The self-service link is very easy to use so we are solving chasing down people over the phone to get their card info. We can just send them the link and they are usually better to respond to the self-service link than us calling them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Financial Officer » Finance Management | Accounting | Taxation | Cost Controls
What do you like best?

Chargify is awesome because it is designed to help SAAS companies succeed in collecting money from our clients on a monthly basis. I oversee the finances for multiple SAAS companies and chargify makes my life easier knowing that our customers are set up to pay us on a recurring basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing for the Chargify was based on usage. My company that uses chargify is a small company yet the pricing is kind of high for the small volume. Pricing is my only compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small SAAS company and do not have a lot of employees to help you out then Chargify can help improve your billing process by automating it so you do not have to worry about collecting payments from your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to set up our customers on a recurring subscription so that we can have continuous inflow of cash. Also, chargify makes our life easier because it is all automated so that we do not have to worry about collecting payments from our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

Chargify helps to simplify the process of consolidating our multiple websites and private labels by allowing us to charge variable pricing for each separate product. Very easy to use and the reports and analytics are second to none. I especially love the insights you can get from the various report structures. This gives us a view into our churn rate and alerts our team as to how we can improve our product to reduce that number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slight learning curve to learning how to utilize the reports function, but the videos are very helpful to get someone up to speed quickly. Chargify is very feature rich, which is a good thing, but also requires a user to take quite a bit of time to get up and running. Perhaps more webinars would be helpful for users and administrators (I may not be aware of all the resources that are available). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running more than 10 private labels of our product and having different pricing and subscription models as well as coupon codes. Chargify has helped to simplify this process especially for our customer service team to view past transactions and process refunds very quickly. As we move forward in expansion for our company, we look to streamlining the private label process so that it can all be automated without manually setting up each label. This will allow us to gain private labels very easily and thus the potential for revenue increase as each company signs up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Chargify allows our company to automate (as much as possible) our monthly recurring revenue for fixed monthly subscriptions. We are able to reduce time spent following up on invoices and have a much better picture of our true MRR which helps us set goals and budget/forecast future revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations with customizing invoices, emails and settings from Chargify on a client-by-client basis. Everyone has unique billing needs no matter the company or industry, so it would be super useful to be able to make Chargify work uniquely for those one off needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Chargify will handle most of your billing needs and complexities, though there are just a few instances that you will be unable to make it work for your unique need, in which case you might need to reconsider how you bill/your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to drastically reduce time spent performing accounts receivable follow up because everyone has either a credit card or ACH setup (for automatic payments). We're also able to see true value of MRR each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manger
What do you like best?

The thing I like best is that I am able to easily see each customers account, update information, and provide them the information they need if they contact me about it. It is very easy to use and easy to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike the most is it doesn't provide a breakdown by product types so I still have to manually compile that in an Excel spreadsheet. We have a few different types of subscriptions we offer and there isn't a way for us to be able to pull a daily report of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Chargify, I would recommend trying it out. We've had success with it and very few problems. The main thing being what was mentioned in the dislikes section, but that is minor compared to what it does for us. I'd encourage you to check it out. I have really enjoyed using it and it's worth trying. Since it is user friendly, it is easy to pick up and you won't have to worry about spending a lot of time trying to figure it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to easily track our transactions from our platform without having to worry. We don't have that piece in our platform to handle the payment processing for the subscriptions so we use Chargify. I like that it is able to easily connect to most credit card processors so it's easy to setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

It's a very customizable backend. It has the ability to create and host multiple stores as well as create many different billing features based on your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not consistent/accurate and there are discrepancies between the dashboard and analytics. We've reached out to support but they told us they were working on it months ago. Still not fixed though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a developer if you need anything customized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's allowed us to customize our unique subscription billing strategy for individual customers and products. The reporting isn't the best but it has a dashboard that gives you a good idea of the direction of your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like the insight Chargify provides for monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue. Notifications are great on collecting past due payments, and helps pinpoint potential problem accounts via expired payment information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The coupon system can be a but confusing, as you can create as many as you'd like, but the stickability is not the clearest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are having issues with collecting on dunning account, Chargify will help with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chargify allows us to collect on past due accounts very easily. We have very low dunning accounts due to Chargify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Computer Networking
What do you like best?

The API is excellent. You can achieve just about anything you set out to do by using the options that exist therein. Also, I recently had a support interaction in which they identified a bug and promptly resolved it, so support is a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface. While I like the branding/colors, The interface doesn't always play nicely or intuitively. Probably the biggest thing that leaves something to be desired is product management. There's a distinct lack of would-be intuitive options like being able to move products across families, showing more products per page, filtering products by name... On the product list, it can be hard to identify which coupon list corresponds to which family, since they all begin to blend together at a certain length. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MRR growth/contraction tracking month after month, revenue tracking. But it is primarily used as our payment/subscription management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Chargify is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. A brief demo from a co-worker had me set-up and using Chargify efficiently in less than day. As a Customer Success Manager, I can get a big picture in a few clicks of the health of our client base - recent sign-ups, pending cancellations, and missed payments. It makes it simple for me to follow-up with our clients in real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a bit of confusion from our client base regarding the statements and how Chargify itemizes the charges. We often get clients complaining that they have been charged incorrectly because they are not referring to the correct line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a SaaS company that needs a reliable solution to track recurring revenue. Chargify is a solution that you can count on to provide information you need without a complex interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

- Very useful system for scheduling and tracking payments

- Interface is easy to understand, and includes plenty of features you wouldn't even think you need, until you suddenly need them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Metrics and dashboard could be a little more intuitive, some of its features aren't immediately relevant to our business (and we use another service for that anyway)

- Integrations could be a lot more helpful if there were marketed more aggressively. We did a lot of work on another service before we realized Chargify could've been providing a similar benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a plan in place for how product offerings will be organized, don't wait until you have dozens and need to reorganize them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Creating a straightforward billing system for a subscription service with various pay grades.

- System for fusing or otherwise reorganizing products after they've already been created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

I think the features are very straightforward and covers most billing scenarios for most businesses and people. They have improved a lot during the years and I like that the features they add always make sense, even though we probably where achieving the same results using the API or other way. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use to dislike their family grouping structure. We had an implementation "issue" where we had the same component name for 1 month period, 12 month period and others, and we couldn't find a way to have the three with the same name on the same family group. That force us to duplicate logic, which affected our custom front end implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recurring subscriptions payment collections, not having to chase customers for payments, payments failures. Basically chargify has made the life of our accounting department easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Developer
What do you like best?

Their sales team was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions during evaluation. They were fair on price in a space that is starting to become fairly saturated with strong competitors, and their systems appear to be in good order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some inflexibility in the current system, specifically regarding PDF generation and the ability to control/customize aspects of it. I'm sure this will improve as the product continues to grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a fairly straight-forward tool with decent flexibility. Their pricing is competitive with others in the industry, but I think there's a few good choices out there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are consolidating billing for a new software product. No benefits will be realized for us, due to just starting from stratch - new product, new billing style, and new customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

Allows for a wide range of product families, which crucially have high levels of customisation, all accessible by the API Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When logging a manual payment there is no way to set a date of payment, it defaults to the date of entry. This is annoying when we have one person requesting payments and another checking the payment has come through.

Secondly, although the product families are very powerful it can be very difficult to build them up as the page refreshes after every new product/component/discount is created. It's a little thing but if you need to create 40-50 products, it resets you to page 1 each time and you have to scroll through all existing products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a system to manage subscriptions, and for this it works perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.