ChargeOver Reviews & Product Details

VP of Customer Success
What do you like best?

Chargeover's approach to support is really refreshing. We transitioned to Chargeover from Chargify and the difference is night and day. The ability to change subscription pricing without having to create a whole new package or coupon codes is huge. And when there is an issue they are really quick to get on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have to use Chartmogul in conjunction with Chargeover for the analytics piece. We were doing this with Chargify too, but one day I'd love to see something like this built into the actual platform. There are also still a few kinks being worked out with the Chartmogul integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your transitioning from a different product, reach out to the support team at Chargeover. They made the transition as painless as possible with some custom imports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this to manage over 400+ active subscriptions. It's incredibly flexible, which is a must for us. The biggest benefit is that they don't charged based on the revenue processed. We pay a flat monthly rate based on the number of active subscriptions. It's literally a 10th of the cost compared to Chargify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ChargeOver Overview

What is ChargeOver?

ChargeOver is subscription billing software for recurring billing businesses. It automates invoices, billing, payment acceptance, and dunning -- all while allowing you to customize each step of the process to your exact standards. You're not forced to use a one particular payment processor with ChargeOver; choose the one that's the best for your business, and easily switch as that scenario changes. Use receipts to as a marketing tool if you'd like -- they can be personalized with account information and customized with HTML. And ChargeOver is integrated with QuickBooks, Xero, Avalara, Zapier, and more if you'd like to carry the ease of automation past just subscription payments and recurring payments. ChargeOver's .js, web hooks, and RESTful API simplify making connections between apps. Of course, ChargeOver is PCI compliant, and our customer service team is always at the ready to help with any questions. We'd be happy to discuss if ChargeOver is a good fit for your subscription-based business!

ChargeOver Details

ChargeOver is subscription billing software for recurring billing businesses. It automates invoices, billing, payment acceptance, and dunning all while allowing you to customize each step of the process to your exact standards.

ChargeOver's billing solution is designed for businesses that are in a growth mode and need flexibility, a knowledgeable support team, and an economical recurring billing product. We welcome businesses small and large as customers and are happy to walk business owners through the process of selecting a payment processor and applying for a merchant account. The backend of our system is designed to handle almost any kind of billing: metered, recurring, one-off, and etc. In fact, our competitors often send us customers whose business models are just "too complex" for them to bill. We like to say "if you can build it, we can bill it." We're willing to make small system changes to accommodate a new customer's needs, and we offer customer reporting when necessary.

ChargeOver
2011
Minneapolis, MN
@ChargeOver

ChargeOver Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ChargeOver community
Have you used ChargeOver before?

ChargeOver Reviews

Showing 30 ChargeOver reviews
Already have ChargeOver?
What do you like best?

We run a membership program and were pulling our hair out using Stripe and Authorize.net trying to stay on top of our recurring payments from clients. Charge Over solved all that by allowing us to see everything on one page, it also does automated dunning and it allows clients to update their payment info without having to log in. (by using an email link)

Charge Over took the time to help us migrate all of our existing clients into their platform (at no additional cost) so that we never had to ask our clients to re-enter their payment info. Their support has been impressive helping us with everything from "which button do I click again" to figuring out ways to get both our products on one order form. This took them extra time and attention but now they have a customer for life. We LOVE Charge Over! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure that I'll find something I don't like, but we've been using it for a month now and it does everything that we want it to so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love the software AND the support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to using Charge Over, we had a person on staff who was managing our recurring billing. When this person left our company we went looking for an easier solution to the spreadsheet we were using. The net result is that I'm able to log in to Charge Over twice a week for 5 or 10 minutes to manage all of our recurring billing. Charge Over replaced a person who was spending many hours each week, and was not doing as good of a job as Charge Over does.

We especially like the ability for clients to update their own payment information. No more calling clients and asking for credit card numbers. Charge Over sends them the link automatically (or you can send one off personalized notes.. "hey your payment was declined" ) and then clients enter the info on their end. This is much easier for us and also what our clients prefer anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Director
What do you like best?

ChargeOver's interface is clean and well organized. Their documentation (both for the web app and the API) is very comprehensive, and made it easy for me to get things up and running with minimal help required from support. Their support is very responsive, and I always feel like they're invested in us... wanting to do all they can to help us be successful. What I probably like best is that they're a small company based in the US. I know all of their names now, and I have a relationship with them. They're great to work with and are really just 'part of the team'. They're rocking it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While their APIs give us a good workaround for our desired path to SSO, they don't yet support OAuth or SAML based SSO. In reality, I think we've discovered that we won't really need it, but I think it's a requirement long-term. I know it's on the road-map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our billing was insanely manual. We have 3500 customers for our subscription based software product... and 4200 users. Invoices used to be generated using mail-merges, and no real history was maintained. This is an upgrade long overdue. In 2 months, we have out-paced our prior pace of collecting renewals by 30 to 40%. Now that we have all the billing and subscription data centralized and automated, we are able to start automating many of our other processes, including build out a customer portal for self-serve, and validating product downloads. ChargeOver is now our central 'point of truth', and we're so happy with the ease of use and powerful flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The user experience is the best! It's quick and easy to pay an invoice. Clients have the choice to pay via credit/debit or ACH/eCheck. Our clients are happy and thrilled to have a better experience.

ChargeOver allows me to charge a credit card fee surcharge and collect funds from clients with ease. This fixed my cash flow problem. In the past, we were sometimes not getting money until Net45 but now our clients pay quickly due to the ease of the platform. Clients have also surprised us with paying the entire invoice when they only have to make a payment.

The clients love that they can add several types of payment and alternate each month if they'd like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get the hang of it due to not understanding the terminology of the platform. However, the ChargeOver team was quick to help me via the Live Chat or even jump on a Zoom call with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to reach out to the ChargeOver team to get help in your setup. They are more than willing to help you when you're stuck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cash flow problems! We look more professional than ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Sales
What do you like best?

The best part of ChargeOver is the simple design. I like the ability to create subscriptions with usage applied for customizable plans. It's really allowed us to bring in new business. I also like the Customer Statement links which I can send to a customer and they can see the status of their account in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish ChargeOver had a better system for helping me get collections from customers. Maybe an alert system as well as some collections agencies I could trust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can build everything you need into ChargeOver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have fully customized our subscriptions, plans, and other brand messaging through ChargeOver. The ability to easily create plans has allowed us to fully customize for our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like that our customers have a portal where they can log in, make payments, and view invoice history. Chargeover also offers very robust reporting capabilities. You can sort and filter reports to find exactly what you need. Our old billing software took 4-5 hours to create and send the bills for 3500 customers each month, and Chargeover does it automatically. We've also been able to automate the EOM reporting, which used to take up about an hour on the last day of the month. The dunning emails used to be sent manually with our old software. Chargeover sends them automatically and keeps a log of all emails sent, which is very useful for auditing purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Chargeover did not integrate with my direct mail platform the way I wanted it to - currently there's no way to send the print invoices through the mail without downloading and printing each of them. We had some issues pulling in our payment history. Chargeover's software wants each payment to directly match an invoice, and our old software did not require that. Because of that, we had problems telling Chargeover which payment matched which invoice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our biggest problem before using Chargeover was volume of inbound phone calls. Our customers had no way to view their bill online, so they would call to ask for their balance. They'd also call to make payments, which just inundated us with calls. Our inbound calls have lightened up, probably because Chargeover makes it easier to view invoices and pay online. We've only used the system for two months, but we're hoping our outstanding receivables will decrease because customers will find it easier to see their account history and make payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Specialist
What do you like best?

The most important feature of Chargeover is its customizability. The ability to have our needs met is essential to maintaining our desired level of efficiency. The team at Chargeover is prompt in addressing any issues that arise and work tirelessly to provide customized solutions when needed. They seek and value user feedback which proves they are passionate about keeping their customers happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the way refunds are handled when syncing with Quickbooks, but I know they are working on making that process better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are working on making subscription views even more customizable. Being able to view only the details that I need to see while help tremendously! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

We did a TON of research while looking for a new subscription billing solution. Quickbooks and our homegrown in-house solution just wasn't cutting it anymore. ChargeOver has all of the features we need at the best price. Also, our sales rep Chris Dub was fantastic! He helped us get up and running very quickly and has continued to check in with us. ChargeOver is a win! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have found a few features that could be tweaked to be a little more effective. ChargeOver has been very receptive to feedback and have helped us find workarounds in the meantime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automated monthly billing, dunning and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The ability to sync payments into QuickBooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A customers email will not always autofill when sending them a reminder invoice. This could be an issue on the user side though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing the amount of time spent taking orders over the phone, following up on late payments, and entering payments into Quickbooks. It allows me to get a quick overview of money collected each month, and outstanding invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly and customizable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment at the moment. It's meeting all my needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If ypu are looking to start a new business they are excellent and I know as I grow they will be able to meet my needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to track my invoices easily and manage my income well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Head Coach
What do you like best?

ChargeOver is simple and seamless. Entering customers' information is easy and straightforward, and then the subscription software takes over. Customizing email forms is a snap, and I never chase customers for invoices any more. My business is healthier as a result of using ChargeOver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Costs go up on a per user basis, above what one would normally pay when using a service such as Stripe. I stopped using ChargeOver because I was getting charged for processing fees AND for ChargeOver's service, so I shifted to Stripe. ChargeOver was easier/simpler, but the cost per month was too high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ChargeOver will make your life easier and your business healthier! Cost is a little high, but if you're willing to pay it, it is one of the better payment processors out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chasing invoices and getting paid on time! My company's cash flow, after using ChargeOver, is what it SHOULD be, not what it COULD be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I like how easy it works with Quickbooks Online. It isn't an add on, I don't need a higher package to get the QB feature, it just works! The product itself is great and easy to use. The customer support is very quick to respond and have a resolution for you right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any complaints, anything I've needed the support team helped very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. You'll be impressed with the company, with the support, and especially with the product. It has saved me so much time already and honestly has impressed my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I host my clients websites. I used to spend countless hours invoicing them each December. Now I have them all in ChargeOver and they can now pay monthly or yearly, plus it all happens automatically! It also saves me from sending reminders, they happen automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ChargeOver either does everything I want it to , or the support team work hard to quickly find a solution to whatever it is that I'm missing. I love how customizable everything is, how much of my time is saved by so many automated procedures, the customer service which is honestly outstanding, the ease of use and intuitive nature of everything, how I can have both my USD and CAD accounts combined ( but then split in reports where necessary) , the awesome dunning, the list goes on! I'm constantly raving about this product! It's made my job an absolute pleasure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently the only thing I'm really missing is the ability to send out invoice due soon reminders, but I'm confident that one day soon they are going to let me know that that too is supported , as they always do with every client request sooner or later! I'm not sure this even belongs in the " What I like least" section - there isn't anything I don't like about it. It evolves to fit its customers needs. What’s not to like about that?! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I spent a lot of time researching subscription software before choosing ChargeOver. I think it depends on your business which is going to work best for you but for me ChargeOver won hands down and was in the end a really simple choice which I've been extremely happy with since day one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration and Time saving were my objectives as well as added functionality and I've achieved almost everything within a short period of time with everything else on the way. Super happy with my choice! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Fully-featured; cost is flat fee as opposed to % of revenue; easy-to-use integration; customer/migration support was excellent; integration with other online systems is excellent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only one tiny thing that I think will be remedied -- the auto-pay option is always on for people signing up on my hosted page. I want to give my customers signing up like that the option. The option is available in paying the invoice. The support team said they submitted the issue to the dev team who may be able to solve this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed to migrate a Salesforce billing system quickly. I was up and running within a day, and my data was migrated within 2 days. I needed a system that had an intuitive interface with integration with banks, mailing lists, multiple currencies, etc. Check, check, and check for ChargeOver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Consultant
Financial Services
What do you like best?

This is the largest automatic payment software I have ever used. And I tried about 4 before finding chargeover.com and realize that this is exactly what I need. The command of support is amazing by its efficiency. Incredibly easy to use, the software has many integrations. And of course the plus is that it's all about an affordable low-cost price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Basically, everything is fine, but sometimes the payment system is slow. It will be great to have a better speed, which will make our work faster. But I like the idea of ​​making our incomes higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ChargeOver has implemented many settings to meet the needs of my company. They are fast, effective and useful. It will make your life easier and your business will become more successful! The program works quickly and provides useful assistance in billing. You will see that you can stop wasting time on a manual invoice and information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We save time, thereby automatically automating the process. When we use 3-4 payment processors for different clients, ChargeOver simplifies their collection and processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
Internet
What do you like best?

So helpful with automated billing I guess this is the best platform for it. Also I like that very ease of use and the fact that ChargeOver makes my business very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm happy with this product.Honest, I'm not the bad thinker of it. I like everything that is come with. Till now I just see a good and clear side of that kind of software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I forgot to write before but I will tell here. Value of money is good you pay for what you get. So functionality program and really good quality, great and helpful customer support. I recommend. You will understand when you will have it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me it's helps this way :automating recurring payments and subscriptions. Works so good with costumers. So I have 2 in 1 Customers is happy than I'm calm and happy too.Its much safe time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The price is a great and you get all the features you need. Compared to the other options these guys are the best bang for your buck! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would improve is the UI but that's just me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps keep track of our customers billing info so we don't have to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial and Tax Adviser
Accounting
What do you like best?

Licensed ChargeOver several months ago for my financial/tax services firm. My time and effort on billing has dropped dramatically. Even more impressive is much faster client payments. Receivables aging dropped significantly with ChargeOver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general, no specific dislikes. Issues that have been encountered then to be user errors resolved by Customer Service Support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduce billing time and AR turnover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EVP
What do you like best?

I was an Autotask customer, looking for a better subscription management and payment automation.

After having tried over a dozen of software I found the best in Chargeover. My company runs over 500 subscriptions without any issue, amazing support. Connections to Mailchimp, Quickbooks and Chartmogul work fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have to look at Europe to better customize euro area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask them for custom layout, you can't do it on your own Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to manage thousands of invoices easily with a better cash flow.

API is useful to get the data into the company information flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like to work with no stress. It is really very good that I have automated proceeds. Very easy to control everything that you need and important. A great step to grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That software just brings to me a good work to my team. I'm glad that I working with that platform. I don't have any issue with it. Everything works right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good software. Very effective program and with good quality. You will always feel a big hand of help from a helpful service. No need to think, better to set up and work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very good that we can pay attention to our payments or subscriptions. We can wore closer to our costumes. Very good help to my teamwork. A good solution to solve problems or weak sides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It is a very simple software to use. Has very easy set up screens. Was easy to integrate with existing systems. They have an excellent customer support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do not have any issues with the software at the moment. Does the job smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our entire subscription management has now been ported onto Chargeover.

We have seen huge benefits in terms of cost from the previous software we have used. We integrate with other platforms. Chargeover's integration with other platforms have been very smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Design
What do you like best?

I love how easy the ChargeOver process is from adding clients to creating credits, invoices - etc. It's a much easier process than other billing systems I've worked with. My favorite piece is the failed payments. I love that I'm immediately notified right on the homescreen and can easily resolve the issues. I also love how I can send my clients a link to update their own CC information instead taking their info over the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I dislike. The entire system works really great for me and does everything I need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't think of anything off the bat! I really believe it's a great system and I prefer to use it over systems like Quickbooks. It's just far easier to understand and navigate around. I can't express enough how important seeing failed payments was and how easy it is to resolve them. In quickbooks there is no way to see that a payment has failed and it's so awful. I'm trying to migrate as much as I can into ChargeOver to avoid using the intuit system. Great product over all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am quickly able to resolve failed payments which I love! The clients appreciate it too. It's all around a great system and it's ease of use has been huge for me to streamline my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Easy to set up, easy to maintain, customer-friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like the ability to charge partial months, for example, when someone moves out of storage part-way through a month, would like ChargeOver to adjust amount due and amount to be refunded automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were doing all of our moving customer storage billing manually and we would get behind by several months. This was a huge irritant to our customers - they would all of a sudden be billed for 2 or 3 months at once! With ChargeOver, everything is automated and it's easy to see whose card did not go through, and who owes what. Huge huge time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ChargeOver's customer support is second to none. They are quick to reply to inquiries, they provide accurate information that leads to the correct resolution, and they are very friendly! The graphical tracking of payments is a nice touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minor integration challenges at first, but ChargeOver's great customer support team helped us resolve our issues and we were up and running very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ChargeOver has made many customizations to fit the needs of my company. They are quick, efficient, and helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manual invoicing has become more of a challenge as our company has grown. With ChargeOver, we are better able to track invoicing and better yet, invoices get sent automatically when they are due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Technician
What do you like best?

We were looking for a web based CRM to handle our payment platform and customer communication and Chargeover fit the bill. They are very easy to use and setup. If you do run into limitations, their support team is ready to assist and resolve the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They'd be the one-stop shop if they provided Azure/Office365 integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a trial. Their support team is easy to work with and they are willing to implement new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We provide several monthly subscriptions to customers. They vary in price and detail. ChargeOver provided an easy way to set up the subscriptions, invoice customers on a specific date, and prorate our services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

This is the greatest automated/subscription billing software I've ever used. (And I tried about 5 before finding chargeover.com)

The support team is amazing

The software is incredibly easy to use

The software has a lot of fantastic integrations

Super inexpensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I need to write 40 characters here, but the fact of the matter is I don't know if I dislike anything about chargeover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This saves me and my finance manager tons of time every month. Tons is not an accurate measurement, but I would estimate at least 20 hours per month in time saved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.