Chalk Reviews & Product Details

K-3 Special Education Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like the ability to color code my sections. I also like that it is easy to add the common core standards for my state. Both of these make it very user friendly. The fact that it is available through the app stores makes it more accessible on more devices. I like the different features including Markboard, Planboard and attendance. The Resources functions are super helpful as well. It provides a way to save and share the lessons that have been created. This would provide another way to collaboratively share resources between teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I am unable to add and overlap my sections. I teach multiple grade levels and subjects. I sometimes have 2 grades in at the same time or the same grade but the students are in my room for different subjects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe this would be a great tool for general education classrooms or teachers that only have 1 subject at a time. If they can figure out how to allow multiple lesson plans during 1 time slot, then it will be usable to those teachers as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is much easier to create a color coded schedule than using Excel. I like the accessibility of the program and its Resources tab. This allows me to share materials with colleagues and provides a place to store them easier than Google Drive. It allows me to easily move between lessons so that if a group is ready to move on, I don't have to hunt for my plans for the next lesson. Same is true if I need to reteach lessons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chalk Overview

What is Chalk?

Chalk converts any document into a form that can be signed or filled out online.

Chalk Details
Discussions
Chalk Community

InformedK12
2012
San Francisco, CA
@informedk12
555 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the Chalk community
Have you used Chalk before?

Chalk Reviews

Showing 6 Chalk reviews
Already have Chalk?
UE
What do you like best?

I like that I can copy and paste and manipulate my lessons easily. I don't need to retype my lessons for each class that have the same lessons and I can move the lessons easily when we have snow days or an unexpected day off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time navigating all of the different parts. I am still learning ways to use the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation would be to watch the videos and really get to know the program. It is a great program when you are able to navigate it easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning how to navigate the system, but I am really looking forward to delving into the Markerboard part of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Chalk has several functions, including Planboard, Markboard, and an Attendance component. Planboard is an online planner and lesson plan organizer. Markboard is an assessments and assignments log and Attendance is the Chalk tool for marking student attendance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Chalk is a great web-based technology but lacks some resources that would make it the central app for teachers to utilize in the classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chalk helps me create lesson plans and templates for unit plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lecturer
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Just wonderful to plan for class units and lessons with the ability to move them either forward or backwards and scheduling days off as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool is just wonderful i have not come to find any dislike about it though it takes time for the initial setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best lesson planning tool for teachers to get organised on their lectures i would highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making lesson units and uploading otger lesson and picking each plan this has helped in the organisation of my class lecture plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Saves all lessons from previous years to import and revise. Upload and attach documents on each day as well as insert links for videos. Ability to plan as far ahead as needed and can make changes at any time as needed. Like the ability to shift days ahead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really except you have to resize to print. At the beginning, it was slow and you had a hard time getting into system but in year 2 that improved and had no issues logging in or working in program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like the ability to share easily and import previous lessons and modify as needed. No longer having to redo lesson plans every year. Big time saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shortens up time spent on lesson planning and love the ability to share instantly with team.

Improves on team collaboration and all teachers on the same page. Plus it allows team planning where you are only planning one subject. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teaching Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Some features are easy to self-learn without having to hunt for a tutorial. I love how east it is to view the different courses as well as the different tabs that are there to separate your status within the course (for example teaching assistant would be separate from teacher and would also be separate from student).

I also found it very easy to enter grades for a class and to manipulate the different columns (whether it was to set the total or hide the column from students). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get kind of confusing when trying to access modules that are required to be completed. The mobile integration could be improved (I had a really hard time managing class chalk site on my phone). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to read some of the tutorials that are available on the main web page. It happened to me that I removed shared information and I would not have been able to figure out how to restore it without going through the tutorials.

It can get kind of tricky figuring out how to access the training quizzes (such as the fire & safety training module). All the more when it is not well specified on the email you receive to remind you to do it. If you are stuck, I again recommend going through the help page or just using the search bar to get more information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very easy to manage class content such as course materials and homework grades Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. Does not take much time to familiarize yourself with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to link with other systems. At least, I haven't been able to yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for multiple classes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Aggregating student data into one place. also, great for running reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.