CDW Reviews & Product Details

Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity
What do you like best?

They are a complete, 1-stop shop for technology -- not just hardware, but also a diverse range of IT solutions and services, including but not limited to professional services, leasing, telcom, managed services, networking, mobility, security, etc., etc. They also have industry-specific solutions catalogs (i.e., in healthcare they have a healthcare catalog Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

May not be the best price (you may be better price-shopping on amazon), but the service makes up for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

CDW ranks #31 on the largest private companies in the US. They have grown dramatically by being one of the top, specialized technology vendors -- it's a great one-stop shop for businesses, esp small medium growing businesses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CDW Overview

What is CDW?

Provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. With a balanced portfolio of 250,000 small, medium and large customers.

CDW Details

$13,981
@CDWCorp
9,493 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare in the US and Canada.

Answer a few questions to help the CDW community
Have you used CDW before?

CDW Reviews

Showing 19 CDW reviews
Location
Already have CDW?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

networking hardware, support, and license, Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, WatchGuard, Ruckus and all our software licenses are dealt with CDW Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

CDW is great to deal with a wide variety of software/hardware licenses in the market. they sell products of all major software and hardware products in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No cons. Service delivery is fabulous. CDW deals with almost all software licensing and hardware vendors. At times my account manager delays with their followup. It could be a personal experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great vendor to deal with for your software and hardware requirements.

They have a great team working with multiple vendors and help you achieve your software requirements.

As a decision-maker in my organization, I would highly recommend CDW and looking forward to working with them in my future organizations as well.

if you are looking at a multivendor point of contact, CDW is the best in Canada. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

all our software, hardware, and licensing needs are dealt with by CDW. It is great to have a single vendor point of contact for all your software and hardware requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Website re-creation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate and find the solutions to my needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slightly pricey on some items which pushes me towards compromise. Fortunately, the compromise is also available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Take your time and do complete research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hardware issues and a need for updated software solutions. Both problems were easily resolved without searching elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer Lead
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Call manager upgrade Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reachability of the engineers assigned to a particular issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes to resolve and issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

CDW is overall a good company to do business with. They are very concerned about their clients well being. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our voice software was outdated. After upgrading our software the benefits we have reached have been performance and security, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I utilize CDW for my small office printer purchases. We prefer Xerox because we've had much better luck with warranty claims through them vs Dell--and CDW is closely partnered with Xerox and fulfills e-concierge orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Shipping is fast and my sales rep is both knowledgable and courteous. The prices are reasonable, inventory (on current items) is usually good. CDW provides good support for hardware purchased through them and if they don't have the product I need, they often have something similar enough that I can make it work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The website often lists multiple items with the same model number but slightly different skus, which is confusing. My other primary complaint is that they frequently discontinue models--which then causes toner costs to skyrocket. That might be beyond CDW's control, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure you get a good sales rep to work with. Companies are only as reliable as your point of contact. Advocate for your company and your needs until they are met--by your rep, or another one. Their staff covers a wide variety of specialties. For example, they have different reps that specialize in large copiers versus small business printers, and it varies from brand to brand as well. If you find a product you like, it's better to buy a few so that you'll have them--as it's likely they will run out or be discontinued at some point, which can make rollouts challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I order hardware I know it will be the correct thing, arrive ahead of my expectations, and they will provide support if necessary. We used to purchase small office printers through a local vendor and we were frustrated by their lack of support, as well as their selling us older model discontinued printers that they had leftover stock of without telling us. With CDW I'm always getting the latest products available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT ADMIN
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

CDW helped with our Chromebook project. They proved a very helpful and patient sales representative who was able to answer all of my questions. All in all, they helped us save thousands of dollars while still providing good quality products. We were upgrading some of the hardware in our building and did not have a very large budget so CDW came in habdy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The represeantavtes who work for CDW provide a very good expirence. They are very patient and knowledgeable about products and services. My project with them was compleated in less than a month duw to how fast the representative was in getting me the best deal and shipping the products out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have any complaints! They were very helpful and gave me no reason to complain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would definitely recommend CDW for all of your technology needs! They do not charge for a consult and provide very knowledgeable sales reps who make the entire process very simple. If you want to check them out before speaking to someone, you can go on their website and browse their selection of items and prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since discovering CDWG, we now able to complete projects with ease. We no longer have to worry about going over budget or not completing a project within a certain timeframe. Another perk of CDW is how great their prices are! CDW has saved us thousands of dollars from our old method of purchasing things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Technologist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

What i like about CDW is their online ordering process. It is very streamlined and easy to use. Ive order Adobe licenses, cisco hardware, microsoft books, and lots of computer peripherals. Our account rep is quick to help with any ordering questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We ordered some expensive core switches in the past and my account rep will always put a CDW engineer on the call to help with our questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did have an account rep years ago that was taking way to long to help me with my requests. This has been rectified now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Use the online ordering. Smooth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use CDW to keep up to date with the latest Cisco access points, AP controllers and catalyst switches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My school worked with a CDW representative when we were in the process of purchasing Adobe software. The rep gave us detailed information on the software and how it could be used, the cost as well as giving us installation help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great customer service and support. Reasonable prices and quick turn around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I disliked about CDW. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We received great support when trying to select a software to use for the school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a school administrator, I do not have a lot of time to research which products would best meet my needs. After a brief conversation with a CDW sales representative, I had my questions answered! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customer service was exceptional. The representative knew the information and was very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked. The phone prompts were easy to follow and I was answered quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Their customer service was great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

CDW is our hardware provider, awesome service, quick response Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are very quick in responding, gives resonable price for the hardware we need and timely delivery Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything about CDW is great, I like everything about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Provide us with most of our hardware and software we purchase Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very competitive prices, great selection, quick shipping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Despite the great selection, there are often items we have to go elsewhere to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Compare prices to others Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

system operation is easy to use, products and services for business is easily available for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

server is up an down and sometimes takes long time to get back on the production. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We primary use CDW as data warehouse distribution and not for problem solving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Web Developer
What do you like best?

Obtaining quotes is quick, prices will very often beat other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not too easy to get quotes without direct interaction. Minor issue though Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go for it - especially for larger purchases, no reason not to get another quote! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Decreased prices for purchases, often less work purchasing as well. Saved time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote Facilities Systems Support Analyst
Food Production
What do you like best?

They have a lot of products available and it is easy to search for them on their website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We were not receiving the best prices and it was not easy to get a hold of our rep at times. I have had better customer service experience with other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Please due your due diligence and verify the prices for their products compared to other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used CDW for procurement of hardware and software licenses when I first came on board. We know request for quotes from at least three vendors before we purchase hardware or software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer and Application Consultant
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Whenever I have had to contact CDW, they have been helpful. They answer quickly, and have yet to provide me with an unhelpful answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say anything bad about CDW. They have been excellent to work with and I would gladly recommend them to anyone who asked about a solution they offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used CDW to purchase numerous solutions in the past. I am currently building out a data center with things I have purchased from CDW. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

I really like knowing that just about anything I could need can be purchased through them. Whether hardware software, or services they have a solution for just about any need. In addition even smaller customers are assigned a solution advisor (salesman!) who helps walk you through some of the process required in ordering through them as their catalog is huge and covers many different versions of the same product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above each customer has an advisor that helps them with their requests and needs. That advisor, one would think, would have at least a modicum of experience in many of the technologies CDW offers but I have found that more often than not I am the more experienced and I end up using the advisor more as an order taker vs, advisor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are not 100% committed to always getting the lowest price and want a one stop shop for all your IT needs, this is the place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Systems Administrator
Mining & Metals
What do you like best?

They have a great search tool for anything and everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They can never beat Provantage.com on items that they both carry. My account rep told me that "the price you just told me is below our cost" and that "Provantage.com will be out of business soon since their prices are so low." That was over 2 years ago and they are still going strong... until CDW can beat their prices or until Provantage.com goes out of business, I'll be getting my gear from the cheaper of the two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Look elsewhere for the lower price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Events Services
What do you like best?

CDW has always had everything we needed, either for our own use or to fulfill a contract. There were a few exceptions but in those instances they still managed to meet our deadline and deliver all products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Volume pricing was hard to secure and overall prices may be higher (I would counter that statement by saying we never received any broken or opened products from there. Several other distributors had those problems) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If price isn't your absolute concern and you want reliable delivery and stock levels, CDW is the perfect option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Implementation Consultant
What do you like best?

Great company to work with when ordering hardware, etc. Customer service is the best .. I used them quite a while ago and never had an issue. Returns were a piece of cake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like everyone else mentions, with the likes of Amazon, Newegg, etc., their prices are a little high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They are definitely one of websites I search when looking to purchase something for work .. their customer service has to be the best around .. don't overlook them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager Salesforce.com Development
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I have always liked working with CDW they are always nice and helpful on warranty issues. They have overnighted a computer that has died so we could swap it our the next day at no extra charge. You do have to watch the prices because some times they can be higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Prices can be high sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a call and try them out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.