CDK Drive Reviews & Product Details

Dealer trade
What do you like best?

It’s laid out pretty simply. It’s very easy to set up new purchase deals and research past deals. It's pretty central to my work and was very easy to learn for someone who has never used this type of software before. Booking my deals is now a smooth process. If I mess up and need to clear a deal,all I have to do is go in and Zap it and start over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time clock closes out if you enter anything in wrong which is kind of annoying. It’s been freezing up occasionally when I’m trying to complete a deal and I have to completely close out through the task manager. I have to open the full deal paperwork to find out what bank the customer financed through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's made my job in dealer trades pretty easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to keep track of my deals and have multiple tabs open to reference and compare deals. I love how easy it is to book a new purchase deal and still be able to keep the deal recap open in case I need to use it later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CDK Drive Overview

What is CDK Drive?

Drive boasts a single portal environment that represents a leap forward in dealership technology. This innovative interface gives you access to what you need to help lower expenses, drive revenue and increase profits in every department.

CDK Drive Details

$1,914
@CDKGlobal
8,532 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the CDK Drive community
Have you used CDK Drive before?

CDK Drive Reviews

Showing 73 CDK Drive reviews
Already have CDK Drive?
Accountant
Accounting
Pre-Owned Sales Manager
What do you like best?

It's great for clocking in and reviewing deals. Everyone in our dealership uses it for something. F & I down to our detail department for clocking in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user-friendly. If you aren't proficient in the commands it's very hard to use. "DVC" Display Vehicle Cost, for example, took me a while to get use to . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make it easier to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great DMS Systems and can be used in dealer groups to keep deal information saved. It's great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I cannot say many positive things about this company/product. It is cumbersome and inefficient. In addition to not being user friendly, it requires extra data entry when compared to Reynolds. I suppose the only positive thing that I can say about it would be that it is easy to print documents on the Laser printer as opposed to the impact printer. Other than that, it really sucks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that forms cost money to be edited after the fact and that CDK doesn't automatically work with lenders when new forms are created baffles me. This company knows that when a new Lease Agreement or Retail Installment Agreement or Rebate disclosure is released that EVERY Franchise will need to update that document. The fact that there are so many errors when a form is added and that when the programming is off that they expect a dealership to pay also baffles me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at Reynolds instead! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is pretty much bottom of the barrel. Reynolds is WAY better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I really just enjoy CDK. At my work we use it for larger car purchases. It makes using accounting systems more convenient so we don’t have to do it by hand. We also use it for Keeping customers information throughout all of our locations databases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is when I was first learning and using backspace isn’t an option. But I slowly learned how to navigate and I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn the system from top to bottom then implement it in Your everyday use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes Life easier across the whole companies. We can keep track of customer information throughout the company. It makes the accounting aspect of the company much easier as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet Sales Advisor
Automotive
What do you like best?

I love that this program is so easy to use. It is very user-friendly. Easy to search and easy to access the vehicle information as well as the customer information. There are so many ways to search, easy to obtain all of the information you are looking for! I also like that it connects via DMS. It transfers important information to our CRM as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not many issues with this program, as of yet. Occasionally it freezes up and I have to close it and restart it completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool and super easy to use. It is very user-friendly and I highly recommend this program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It enables me to update our sold records and find out if new and used vehicles are available. I am also able to locate customer and vehicle information into my CRM tool by using this program. Super easy to search and find information! I also like that it links to our CRM program for certain aspects. It's a Great tool for our business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The features I like best about CDK Drive are as follows. First, CDK's comprehensive tool list enables one to complete an accurate job. CDK Drive has often-used tools in an easy to reach menu, including the rightmost sidebar. From this sidebar, one can access important information including how many old, open repair orders and special order requests. This enables one to keep a clean-running parts department and maintain my set of files so I don't have many things hanging in the system. Further, CDK Drive enables special tools customized by CDK's own people to meet our requirements regarding Ford -- as we are a Ford dealership. My particular job requires the utmost attention to detail, as Ford part numbers are used on a frequent basis. There is no getting around this fact: I must pay attention and be detailed. Therefore, CDK Drive's ability to incorporate a scanning device helps with accuracy. I do morning receiving. The old way is by hand and paper, and the new way is by using the scanning device. It makes the process go a little more slowly but ensures accurate posting. Some dealerships don't have their CDK system set up to do scan-posting. We do, and it is an invaluable tool to ensure not only accurate receiving but physical inventory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful aspect of CDK Drive revolves around reports. Quite frankly, I honestly don't know if CDK Drive allows me to run reports and such. Our dealership is divided into the main dealer and truck center. It would be nice to add some custom type of analysis so I can discern how frequently a specific part is sold and more importantly where. This helps with stocking parts. I understand CDK Drive has a reports feature, and I am unfamiliar with what you can do with it. The PDA feature doesn't seem as robust as it could be. Specifically, our previous software Auto/Mate allowed us to discern how frequently a part is sold and by whom. The layout was more user-friendly. PDA is more wooden. In fact, CDK Drive is quite wooden sometimes, but what else do you expect from dealership software? It needs to get the job done and this type of job requires thought. You don't need sometime too intuitive or else its possible accuracy could go down. In short, PDA functions are not what I would expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CDK Drive is an excellent dealership program that enables people to get the job done accurately, incorporating important information where needed and adding intuitive tools when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problems CDK Drive enables myself to solve involve accurate inventory and parts receiving. It gives me the tools I need in order to maintain an incredible level of accuracy from this literal parts back door-end of the whole dealership. Parts receiving is an often unseen but most important aspect of running a parts department. Before I puff up the job much, I must say the following: It is a vital link, as important as the other departments. If parts receiving accuracy suffers, it potentially affects many other dealership processes and slows other processes down: a part not received puts a dent in customer service, inventory is thrown off, future parts sales are affected because the part is impossible to find despite having positive inventory. The bottom line is customer service. If we can't serve our customers well, we cannot do our jobs well. CDK Drive enables me to work thoughtfully, accurately, and with detail needed to serve customers well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I LOVE THE EASE OF CDK AND HOW SIMPLE IT IS. FROM CLOSING A DEAL TO POSTING AN ACCOUNTING JOURNAL IT IS SO EASY. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ONE THING I DISLIKED ABOUT CDK WOULD BE THAT SOMETIMES IT WOULD CRASH SO SOME OF THE POSTINGS DIDNT POST AND WED HAD TO GO BACK IN AND RE-POST. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I REALIZED THAT I MISS USING CDK DRIVE AND WOULD LOVE TO IMPLEMENT IT HERE. THE CURRENT SOFTWARE WE USE AT THE MOMENT LIMITS US TO WHAT WE CAN DO BUT UNDER CDK DRIVE WE CAN PRACTICALLY DO EVERYTHING IN ONE SOFTWARE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

What I like best is the simplicity of it to use. I also like that it gives you real time aging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see improved is a more specific date and time stamp for postings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One benefit is everyone can be in the program at the same time and it updates immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

That it stores the information of vendors used previously Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How easy it is to get stuck on the input screen Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Beneficial in tracking transportation cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like that it’s very easy to find customers. It’s easy to input a client. Colourfuln and laid out well. Easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finicky. Sometimes emails or notifications don’t disappear even though you have selected to delete them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My problem is the consistency of how well cdk is functioning. Sometimes it does what I want I to when I click on something, at other times not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I enjoyed using "Lightspeed" by CDK Global. It was very easy to use and quite simple to learn. There is room for trial and error, and customer service is easily reachable, and helpful as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I used Lightspeed during both my sales and shipping and receiving duties at work. I disliked the process of having to "unrecieve" if you've accidentally recieved something at the wrong price. Other than that, I generally have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use customer support as often as needed. They are very helpful and prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much easier than the Comptron system we were using before. More options, access, and easier navigation. We are having much less issues with sales and returns since using CDK Global. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Assistant
What do you like best?

It's a simple system to learn, which is helpful for both generations that arent hyper focused on technology, and those that are learning new skills on top of new systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While sometimes it's nice to have 10 ways to do something, sometimes that makes it harder to explain to someone, because they will get different answers from everyone. It could be more streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall a simple system to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The manual check option is great. It was a struggle even with the help of CDK Support to figure out how to utilize this option, but now it is the best way to put in rebates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Analyst
Automotive
What do you like best?

The custom reports and database were very helpfull Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slow, can’t upload custom journals from excel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solid software for small dealerships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking expenses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like that CDK has several features available to help operations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It feels really outdated and sometimes causes more issues than it should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps keep our inventory in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I like how easy CDK is to use and navigate through for my daily work duties. It is awesome to customize to the work that belongs to my current position and versatile when changing positions in my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it will freeze and not save my work. Although CDK is awesome and I do not have many bad things at all to say about the software itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use CDK every single day to scan documents into, save documents, look up needed documents for my daily activities. CDK is very valuable for the company I work for and I would recommend it to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Easily integrated with other applications we work with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface Seems a little out of date, old Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly print car deals for clients and helps verify numbers are corre Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The tutorials and help button have made navigating the platform an easy experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, parts of a page (or the entire content) of a page will not load or be displayed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform itself can be easy to navigate, however when information does not load or populate on the page you are visiting it can become difficult at times. It doesn't help that the Technical Support staff for CDK can take days to resolve a case or get back to you with an answer either, but usually this is not the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data and analytics for the website. It has helped me with configuring the layout of my website to appeal more to users interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I love the entire UI. It is exceptionally easy to use, simplistic in nature, and just a great overall tool for the automotive industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many bugs constantly make themselves apparent. It takes a lot for me to grow impatient with a piece of software but this occurs whenever I need to do something, and the fact that it does not actively work all of the time is infuriating. Especially for the price point we pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have had numerous problems with the support systems, but we now have a dedicated senior support relations manager Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It is easy to use after repetition of use. After a while of training it is simple to navigate through the different functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not laid out easily for new users coming in. It does not give good directions to new users on specific functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CDK helped solve a blanket need for all of the sales processing our company had in creating invoices and processing shipments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

service advisor
What do you like best?

It’s fast & reliable. Ease of use & can have multiple windows to operate within. Also, it’s great to track sales & very customizable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many separate tabs when it could be streamlined closer to the old Reynolds & Reynolds Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliable product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automotive Repair Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parts Representative
What do you like best?

The ability to use the software to complete every day tasks as a parts advisor. Syncing parts from our electronic catalog to inquire of, quote and sell parts to customers both wholesale and counter alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The constant errors that one experiences day to day. Having to restart the program on a daily basis due to errors that occur. Function tabs do not work most of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating the time it takes to search quote and sell parts to customers in the automotive industry both wholesale and counter retailers alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet Sales Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like that it works and functions as it should Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the long wait times on hold when trying to get support. Also the menu when trying to get through on the phone is way too big. Too many products. The support itself takes too long and doesn't get completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

website credit apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Is it easy to locate customer information and past repair orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I am using the program and it freezes up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and you can do multiple screens on it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has it made it easier for everyone to work and get repair orders done and close Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Our dealership uses this software for almost everything important. From stocking in vehicles to accounting to keeping track of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It looks a little outdated but still good to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try, especially for large businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that we can be in more than one tab at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CA
What do you like best?

Ease of writing up simple service. I can knock out simple things such as oil changes in a total of minutes, start to close. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tends to be complicated. Requires a lot of coding and memorization, while having 100 different Op-Codes for the same operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for a lot of different ways to do the same thing. There is no “one correct way” so find what works best for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of pulling up service history on the fly. It looks good for the customer to see you in control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.