CBT Nuggets Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The upsides are countless. There is something for everyone on my team, from effective team management to the technical acumen. As a systems admin, it allows me to recommend courses to our help desk in order to improve their skills. It has been invaluable to me, as I am taking the next steps on my career path, opening new tracks of learning. In the current I.T. landscape, sys admins are required to be much more diverse, as they are most likely employing differing solutions and the scope of work is far wider due to the options available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike at this time, other than something that would tailor soft skills, like meeting participation. Group classes that a team can take together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not just look at what you are interested in, think about the overall picture for your organization...how you can supplement your skillset as well as your team's collective skill-sets to better things all around. I recommend adding a course that develops those soft and indirect skills like team management, even if you aren't a leader...it can help with perspective. I am a systems administrator with a relatively new and green help desk team. It is great to be able to follow up and see what they are focusing on and learning, and seeing their drive to learn more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Utilizing Teams for effective communication. Reinforcing foundations of Windows server management, ITIL, VMWare, CCNA. Effective team management has been huge for resolving team-related issues that have come up when determining priority. It has been personally valuable to me in terms of reinforcing the things I no longer see every day, but want to make sure I am giving great direction on. It is also humbling to see the sheer volume of what I have yet to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Piero,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We're honored to have you as a part of our Learner community and to hear that you are enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets. Keep up the amazing work! Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us.

- CBT Nuggets Team

CBT Nuggets Overview

What is CBT Nuggets?

Learning IT doesn’t have to mean boring lectures, the frantic pace of bootcamps, or lots of time away from your job or family. With CBT Nuggets, you can train 24/7 anywhere on a variety of devices, from the comfort of your office chair or living room couch. Our world-class team of trainers are industry experts who enjoy teaching people IT. Their training is informative, relevant, and engaging — and because most videos are 10 minutes or less, it’s easier to retain information. Choose from a training library of thousands of videos on in-demand technologies from widely used and respected vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, and AWS. Earn a certification. Keep your skills up to date. Learn a new technology. Have an on-the-job resource. CBT Nuggets can help you achieve your goals.

CBT Nuggets Details

CBT Nuggets provides innovative IT training that is informative, meaningful, and engaging.

Since 1999, learners have learned new skills, passed IT certification exams, landed new jobs, or earned raises with the help of CBT Nuggets. Learners come first at CBT Nuggets. By continually improving the effectiveness of learning for IT pros, we empower learners to accomplish their goals. Here’s why CBT Nuggets learners learn more effectively.

CBT Nuggets
1999
Eugene, OR
@CBTNuggets

CBT Nuggets Videos

CBT Nuggets Screenshots

CBT Nuggets Reviews

Showing 279 CBT Nuggets reviews
Already have CBT Nuggets?
What do you like best?

Training which is relevant to on job experiences.

- CBT nuggets is not only about theory, I love the concept of virtual labs and trainers teaching how a particular skill will be helpful in my job.

- Great trainers, huge fan of Jeremy and how he explains different concepts, I have been listening to him for the past 10 years now and he never disappoints.

- Short and precise lectures. This has to be the best thing about CBT nuggets unlike most of the other platforms where you have to go through a hour long video and lose interest eventually.

- Depth of information the trainers have is unreal. These guys know their stuff and the motivation they provide you is great.

- Accountability coaching is another feature which is super helpful. Not a lot of people know that its free and included in your membership but it is and can be a great tool if you are preparing for certification exams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still looking for something which I dislike however few suggestions would be:

-I think the comment section can be more proactive specially when questions are asked directly to trainers. However having said that I do realize that its not always possible to answer every question due to time constraints.

- I would also like to see more virtual labs as I think they are absolutely great and really helpful.

- I think variety of examples should be use to expand the problem set we are looking at rather than using 1 design for a series of 400 odd videos in CCNA series. I understand they are trying to keep it uniform throughout the course but I personally think looking at 2-3 different network designs will benefit the students even more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doesn't matter if you are preparing for an exam or just looking to learn new skills , please ensure you go through the videos thoroughly again and again and take notes. There is some great information and learning to take out of this platform whether you are looking to learn networking or short courses like excel , SharePoint and word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CBT nuggets is helping me in my current job:

- I have managed to learn some really cool tricks when it comes to network planning and documentation and how to plan a network more efficiently considering future requirements.

- I am able to explain networking concepts way better to my junior colleagues with real on job examples. We have also taken the idea of having a physical lab and implemented something similar at our workplace so people can practice different concepts hands on.

- I have managed to resolve some of the ongoing issues in our network by following simple rules explained in CCNA/CCNP course.

- I have learnt some really handy tricks around how to fix cabling issues in data centers how to plan future cable installations.

- I was also able to update the drawings for my network where the information was missing by implementing the techniques I learned in CDP/LLDP skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Waqas,

Your feedback and suggestions have been shared with our team. Keep up the amazing work and thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

What do you like best?

I purchased CBT Nuggets monthly subscription in hopes of obtaining a refresher on networking. In particular, the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA 200-301) Exam. Jeremy Cioara was exemplary at what he does best; making the content enjoyable, engaging, and insightful. Although happy for his success, I was saddened to find out he had moved from CBT Nuggets to start on his own business venture. Despite my disappointment, I was pleased that Keith Barker and Data Knox are were also great teachers and equally as engaging and relatable. I was even more pleased with the engagement of the community mentors and discussion groups. The accountability that they provide keeps you focused on and engaged with your commitment to lifetime learning! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the content was outstanding, the area I would improve upon would have to be the labs and perhaps some subjects' continuity. Transitioning from one subject to the next can be a bit tricky at times. Perhaps sticking to a single teacher would mitigate this jaunt. Another issue I had was that the player often glitched from time to time (not issuing viewing credit) depending on which browser I used. Either way, this is being extremely critical as I could find nothing else to ping upon. The content is a solid 11 out of 10! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me, CBT Nuggets solves the following problems:

1. Cisco Subject Matter Expert Training!

2. Affordable Learning Management System Platform.

3. Free and purposeful accountability that would otherwise be very costly and/or disingenuous.

After using CBT Nuggets for a few months, I am confident about challenging my Cisco CCNA and CyberOps exams. After these milestones, I plan to follow Data Knox's lead as far as I can go/afford. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy learning with CBT Nuggets and our Trainers. They are all very passionate about what they do and teach. We'll pass your kind words on to them!

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience as a Learner. It has been shared with our team to make improvements in the future.

Honored to have you as a part of our Learner community. Keep up the amazing work and good luck with your certs!

- CBT Nuggets Team

Open Discussions in CBT Nuggets
Network Analyst
What do you like best?

The trainers have an infectious enthusiasm and make me want to learn even more. I like the reviews at the end of sections that help reinforce what was taught. The virtual labs are the main reason why I have been a user for the past 6 months. For the price offered and the content available, its probably the best value for money out there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough practice tests, it would help when getting ready for certifications. Additional content for programming would be helpful. Having a project in a language like python would help build confidence and skills required to seek employment. More content for AWS, GCP and Azure needs to be added Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend CBT Nuggets to anyone interested in advancing their IT career or starting their IT journey. I have come across content from CBT Nugget instructors in the past but never had a subscription to the website. A week of trial was all it took to convince me to start using CBT Nuggets. The virtual labs is probably the most important feature that will really help anyone become an expert. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning how to use python to perform network automation and deployment. Issues to do with bandwidth management, understanding virtualisation, wireless LAN controller configuration and troubleshooting , light weight access point management, configuring flexible netflow, learning about Cisco SD Access and doing research for my organisation about Cisco Devnet and DNA centre. This will help when recommending it in future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Usman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're honored to have you as a part of our Learner community and to hear that you are enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets and the Trainers. They are all very passionate about what they do and teach.

Your feedback regarding more practice tests and programming practice tools has been shared with our team.

Keep up the great work and please reach out if you have any questions!

- CBT Nuggets Team

Technology Support Specialist
What do you like best?

Fun, bite-sized teaching led by experts in the field. Having consumed hundreds of CBT Nuggets videos spanning multiple courses, I can confidently say that these instructors know how to make learning something to look forward to. CBT Nuggets trainers also do a phenomenal job at helping the information stick in your mind!

Along with a physical book and study guide, I have used their material as the backbone of my CCNA studies. I cannot wait to pass the CCNA test so that I can continue learning with the CBT Nuggets team.

Their goal-setting and coaching team is pretty fantastic, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their labs don't always run as smoothly as I would like. This may very well be more of a hangup related to my computer and it's hardware capabilities, though.

No real strong dislikes with the CBT Nuggets team and their content! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try and see if their style of teaching is for you. Their 7-day free trial combined with the short nature of their videos provides for more than enough time to get a good feel for what they have to offer. If you consume their material, I'm confident that you'll see the value in what they're offering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CBT Nuggets has helped me to learn networking at a much faster pace than I imagined I could. This is something that my boss and co-workers picked up on after only a few months of learning with the CBT Nuggets team. Truly, their approach to teaching and their ability to break information down into easy-to-understand concepts has me excited to see where they could help me reach in the next 3-5 years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're honored to have you as a part of our Learner community and to hear that you are enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets. Our Trainers are very passionate about what they do and teach.

Keep up the great work and good luck on your CCNA! Please reach out if you have any questions.

- CBT Nuggets Team

What do you like best?

The instructors are knowledgeable and the material is easy to follow. They also have a great sense of humor, show genuine interest in what they teach, and time flies by. They definitely know their stuff and how to teach it! CBT Nuggets makes learning addictive! The material is divided up into relatively short segments (nuggets) that are informative and to the point with the information making it easier to retain the information and stay focused. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The training is expensive but so far worth the money. It would be great if they would offer a live stream option for such things as Q&A on the occasion. It would also be good if they added a section to the videos or a separate nugget(s) that specifically focused on certification exams that might address types and style of questions to expect to help better prepare the student for an exam. Labs are good but more is better! Overall, not much at all to dislike to be honest. Great information, real world examples, but might be nice to have more of exam influence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CBT nuggets is great! Slightly expensive but a valuable resource for learning and advancing your career. Information is not only accurate and current but also covers the key points for certifications. Instructors are very knowledgeable and make learning fun. They also have a sense of humor and time flies by when watching the videos. Truly an invaluable resource for learning new material, advancing your career, or going for a cert! While nothing is perfect, the CBT Nuggets crew has done and continues to do a great job striving for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning valuable knowledge to advance career. Thus far, the information and knowledge I have gained had made me more confident in my current job and has continued to fuel my desire to learn more and more about the topics. CBT Nuggets makes learning addictive! To be honest the benefits you get from CBT Nuggets is the quality of information coupled with how its presented and who is doing the presenting. Having well organized topic focused information makes it easy to go through all the training or simply refer back to certain sections/nuggets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the Trainers. They are all very passionate about what they do and teach. Keep up the great work and please reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

Systems Admin/Web Developer
What do you like best?

I have used CBT for several years. The service started off as just training videos and kept adding value such as virtual labs and practice tests.

The price also decreased so it became more affordable for me as a recent graduate. There are also lots of competent trainers like Keith Barker, Garth Schulte, and Jeremy Cioara to name a few. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about CBT Nuggets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up and try it. I have heard people say why would I pay for CBT when I can look at YouTube for free. Here is what I tell those people. CBT follows the guidelines to get the certification. They provide more than enough info and labs to pass certifications by competent trainers who have years of experience and passed these certifications themselves. You can go to look to YouTube and learn from some Joe Schmoe but most times this does not yield results... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Renewed my CCNA, passed 2 of three MCSA 2016 exams so far.

Will also be using CBT Nuggets to pass my Azure certifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Ramzan,

Congratulations on your certifications! Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're honored to have you as a part of our Learner community and to hear that you are enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets.

Keep up the amazing work, good luck on the Azure exam, and please reach out if you have any questions!

- CBT Nuggets Team

Senior Network Architect
What do you like best?

The CBTNuggets trainers maintain a high standard for their training material, and break complex topics down into easy to understand, short videos. In my role at work and with a busy home life, I struggle to find time to sit down and study at length - but the way that CBTNuggets structure their courses allows me to fit in short training sessions throughout the day which has really accelerated my learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of their training in more niche areas is a bit dated (Check Point firewalls and F5 load balancers comes to mind)

While this training is still excellent, it could do with an update.

Some of my favorite trainers have left recently - the new trainers are still good but its disappointing to see quality trainers leave for other ventures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When looking at certification, CBTNuggets isn't always enough on its own - I would recommend pairing it with the official text book for study purposes (I like to think of CBTNuggets as the "lecture" at University, which is followed by reading from the textbook).

The labs included with the courses are excellent value (particularly for the server stack). If you are looking at doing networking topics, CBT often include instructions on how to run up labs to learn the topic but don't include any of their own - I recommend you get familiar with GNS3, EVE-NG or Cisco Modelling Labs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My role requires me to deploy technologies for clients that I often haven't touched before. CBTNuggets allows me to upskill at a rapid pace to deliver the requirement for clients.

I also use their training videos as a troubleshooting resource - to freshen up on how a technology works when trying to troubleshoot issues. The shorter, concise videos allow me to do this quickly and has often reduced the time to a fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Andrew,

Your feedback regarding Check Point and F5 training has been shared with our Content Team. While this is not a guarantee that the course will be updated immediately, we do take all requests into consideration when developing new material.

Network Engineer
What do you like best?

The short videos on individual topics allow you to study in smaller sections that are easily digestible. The videos are also very re-watchable, so if you need to do a quick review, it's right there for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was a better way to track progress or bookmark certain items. Since I began using CBT, this feature has gotten better, but sometimes when completing a series, it will show as 99% complete, and finding the one or two videos that need to be reviewed can be tedious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for great online training for IT topics, you can't go wrong with CBT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CBT has helped me to learn new skills as well as dive into in-depth review where needed. Having that information at my fingertips has allowed me to learn what I needed to learn when I needed to - without having to filter out extraneous information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy learning with CBT Nuggets.

Your feedback regarding the training interface and features has been shared with our team. Keep up the great work and please reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

What do you like best?

All of the trainings thus far have been very informative and insightful. They've been complete with not only description but explanation and follow-up, learn-as-you-go questions. It really helps for the information to stick.

As a matter of fact, one of my favorite instructors was Simona Millham. Her insightful knowledge of so many different topics made it really easy to follow and understand.

Thanks CBT for not only providing me with a new way to work but an opportunity to bring even more value as an employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did have some difficulty downloading some of the templates and programs, as well as, some of the instructional videos were out-of-date with current apps. Despite those short-comings I was still able to manage and get an adequate understanding of the information provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After taking the Agile course, I am truly understanding how I am able to organize some of the processes and procedures within my organization and even at home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Myron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets and the trainers. They are all very passionate about what they do and teach. We’ll pass along the kind words to Simona!

Keep up the great work and please reach out if you have any questions. Thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

The "Nugget" approach to teaching new skills works really well. I can see this being specifically geared towards working professionals who want to commit to learning a new skillset of study for a new certificate. Having a family and working full time seems to take most of my time now days however I'm able to squeeze in an hour of studying (which is basically 1 chapter) almost every other day. This helps me keep a steady pace towards the study material. Also the quality of the content is very high and the instructors now what they are talking about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if external reference links for the every chapter were provided at the the chapter notes. This way those who want to dive deeper into the subject on an external source can definitely do so without searching for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning new skills and preparing for my CCNP ENCOR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Sep,

Your feedback regarding external references has been shared with our team for future consideration. Good luck on your CCNP! Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us.

Information Technology Network Engineer
What do you like best?

I am currently studying for my CCNP exams and other automation kinds of stuff and I have found so valuable material in CBT Nuggets. Very skilled trainers and every time, they include new courses according to the market’s demand. The next one on my list is the Cisco DNA Center course! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not any complain, maybe improve a little bit the app for iPhone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great complement to books and LABs that you can use you acquire the skills you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast learning! Two days ago I discovered an automation framework called normir. So I started learning by myself using Youtube videos and Documentation, then I realized that there was a Course in CBT Nuggets regarding Network Automation using Python, which consists of normir. The structure of the content for sure will help me to reduce the learning curve. I'm currently enrolled and enjoying the l process!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Ernesto,

Keep up the amazing work and best of luck with your CCNP! Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us.

Door Host
What do you like best?

The course material is engaging. The instructors are knowledgeable and the material is up-to-date. The instruction is delivered in an easy to understand format that makes secondary resources not as necessary. All the courses are in sizes that are not overly long and will keep you actively engaged. The virtual labs are one of the best resources they have to offer and integral to me as a learner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main downside I have is the cost of the material but it is a tradeoff with how useful the knowledge and experience you gain. There are someexams that I was seeking materials on that were not yet available but I'm sure more materials will be added as time goes on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm currently studying for Micrsoft AZ-900 and AZ-104 through CBT Nuggets and he has provided me not only the knowledge to pass the certifications but the confidence as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi David,

Keep up the amazing work and best of luck with your certs! Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us.

- CBT Nuggets Team

What do you like best?

The training the provide is excellent with clear easy to follow videos that mix lectures with hands on training to help you really understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are not as up to date as they could be with some a few years behind on what version of exam they are teaching to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CBT Nuggets is a great course covering not only technical details, but also includes modules on process and leadership that have been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They provide great guides that help me select what training I really need to move forward in my chosen career path without having to do as much digging on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy learning with CBT Nuggets and our Trainers. They are all very passionate about what they do and teach.

We would appreciate additional feedback from you around which topics we could update to improve your training experience. If you're comfortable providing additional information, please message us at support@cbtnuggets.com.

Keep up the amazing work and thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

UE
What do you like best?

CBT Nuggets is the best alternative to live face to face training. The resource allows your to train at your own pace and provide checkup to ensure you are comprehending the material. The added value of training delivered on any platform and also provide the ability to download when internet is not available. Exciting and easy to use tools. Provides effective training that not only helps you pass certs, but helps you accomplish your educational goals. From an admin perspective, it also allows you to monitor your staff progress and get information on what has been completed. Overall, CBT Nuggets is a great substitution for on premise training and provides the value your need to develop your team in order accomplish the overall goals of the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be great to have more up to date items like CISSP. Not much to dislike here, cost prohibits providing to our entire staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, it will make a difference in getting needed training that you never find the time to accomplish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to stay current on new technology. Able to provide training needed for staff to assist with managing technology under our organization. Time is critical and most of the time we are unable to send our employees off for training and this is the best alternative to live training. Most employees like being able to train when they need to and on their own time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you and your team are enjoying and finding value in our training videos. Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

System Engineer
What do you like best?

I like that they have multiple vendor videos, their instructors break thing down and their question for each videos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have not found anything that I dislike about their programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It a very good for beginners and veteran that want to learn or relean anything related to it. They also have video for people try to find out what they want to do in IT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training it take time to train people who don’t understand network or voip. These videos help our staff increase their knowledge. Some our staff only use theses video to study for their network +, security + and CCNA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you and you're team are enjoying learning with CBT Nuggets.

Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us.

- CBT Nuggets Team

UD
What do you like best?

Since my last review, I have seen some major improvements. Namely, I really like the labs that have been incorporated to practice the concepts. Also, the ability to sort courses by IT career paths has been helpful in understanding what’s required to fulfill said career path. Lastly, the instructors are always entertaining to watch and listen to - haven’t seen a boring instructor yet! 🙂 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’m not sure if I find the current idea of “skills” meaningful. Right now I have 24 skills completed, but for me that just means I have completed 24 sections of a course. I wouldn’t add “knows how to describe LISP” as a skill on my resume. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The quality of training at CBT Nuggets is unmatched and the community built around it is unlike any other. The trainers are very engaging both in the “classroom” & on social media. That alone is worth the training.

I have only been in IT for 3 years and I have used CBTN to become the only Cisco CCNA on my team of 4 (which together have 20+ years of experience) and upper management has noticed! I’m currently working towards my CCNP and I’m enjoying every nugget of it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like to reference CBTN for different problems I encounter. For example, I was asked to be the wireless SME for a site, but I’m not well versed in wireless technologies. I use CBTN to easily hone in on specific technologies to help me fulfill my responsibilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the training videos and our trainers. We’ll pass along your kind words to them! Your feedback regarding the quizzes has been shared with our team. Keep up the great work! Please reach out if you have any questions and thank you for learning with us!

- CBT Nuggets Team

UT
What do you like best?

I believe the knowledge and context that CBT Nuggets gave to me were key in the beginning of my apprenticeship. The courses they have on offer helped me to begin in a field of work I had never touched; initiating the key thoughts and ideas that set me on my way. This helped me get the initial information and key phrases down that assisted me when it came to communicating with mentors and other field proffesionals as I was able to understand briefly what they were discussing. The Comptia course are exceptional in their delivery and beat those of other proffessional learning sites. The network + course was clear and thorough in its beginnings of terms and theory behind the OSI model and the simplistic approach to the A+ course taught me that the compenents of a PC aren't as difficult as they initially seem. This again helped me when it came to networking as the key areas explored are now what continue to assist me day-in day-out when it comes to assignments or projects. Too add further, the compatibility between mobile devices makes it much easier too learn on the go. I have been able to learn on the way too work, or prior too meeting on mobile devices and then been able to work from my laptop when I am given time to revise for tests that are coming up with my appreniceship. The single-sign on compatibility has also made it feel more secure for me as my password and account was not shared with anyone else who was involved with the setup of my account. The administrator at my business was able to track my learning and point me in the correct direction of other courses too move onto. This was an additional added benefit as I was able to move in and out of multiple courses simultaneously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I initially believed it was a pricey service, however through additional funding from the business I work for alongside my apprenticeship the value was nothing compared to the knowledge and preparation it gave to me in the beginning of my next venture into Network Engineering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't debate it. DO IT! The experience is next to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped me understand main principals and protocols that have helped me deliver a better service in my job as well as give me better more precise key words during assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi,

Software and Verification Engineer
What do you like best?

Its easy to enroll, all courses I've done so far are organized in an orderly fashion, that eases the student into the subject at hand. I completed the CCNA tutorials course and was completely satisfied with the experience. Each nugget has consistent, no filler videos, the presenters were thorough and knew what they were talking about. I will keep my registration active on CBT nuggets, since there are plenty of other subjects to learn or deepen my existing knowledge. As an experienced professional engineer its been a pleasure to be able to cover quickly and efficiently a broad area of technical skills on telecommunications and networking, as well as programming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't seen anything that I dislike so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've completed successfully a few courses and managed to evolve as an engineer, professionally. When I wanted to find someplace to study for CCNA CBT Nuggets did the trick. Every topic was covered fully with examples and hands on exercises. The tutors were easy going and knew what they were talking about and seem so friendly that you'd like to meet them in person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karin Soyama of CBT Nuggets

Hi Christos,